Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Will Only A Few People Be Saved? No. A Great Multitude Will Be Saved.

JAG ..

Will Only A Few People Be Saved? No. A Great Multitude Will Be Saved.
By JAG
May 25, 2021

Part 1

Do these Bible verses teach that Christians are now, and will be in the future,
few in numbers? No.
Luke 12:32's "little flock."
Matthew 7:14's "only a few find it."
Matthew 22:14's "many are invited, but few are chosen."

Rev.7:9-10 forever and irrefutably settles this issue: The numbers of the saved
are not a "little flock" and not "only a few."
Are the following people Christians? Yes or No?
John saw, "a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe,
people and language standing before the throne . . . They were wearing white
robes . . . and they cried out in a loud voice: Salvation belongs to our God . . .
and to the Lamb."
To say No they were not true Christians is an absurd interpretation of Rev. 7:9-10.
To say Yes they were true Christians totally and absolutely eliminates Luke 12:32's
"little flock" and Matthew 7:14's "only a few find it" from being historically predictive
of the numerical size of the Christian Church ~~ unless you want to claim that
"a great multitude that no one can count" really means "only a few."

Jesus was asked specifically, "Lord are only a few people going to be saved?" Luke
13:23. If only a few people are going to be saved this was a golden opportunity for
Jesus to establish that truth, but Jesus did not reply yes only a few people will be
saved, instead He replied with an exhortation for people to "make every effort" to
enter through the narrow door. We now know, 21st century, why Jesus did not reply
yes only a few people will be saved: There are over 2.3 billion Christians in the world
today, and 2.3 billion is not "only a few" Christians. Jesus knew that His Christian
Church was going to become "a great multitude that no one could count from every
nation, tribe, people and language" and this is why He did not reply yes only a few
will be saved. He knew an uncountable multitude would become Christians and be
saved. And now you too know that ~~ because Rev. 7:9-10 says so.

Abraham's Offspring.
God took Abraham outside and said, "Look up at the sky and count the stars ~ if indeed
you can count them. Then He said to him, so shall your offspring be." Genesis 15:5
(see also Genesis 22:17-18 and Genesis 13:16)
These offspring, in number like the stars, were either the children of God or the children
of Satan. To have God telling Abraham that He would give him offspring in numbers
like the stars, the majority of whom would be children of Satan, is an absurd interpretation
of Genesis 15:5. So? So Abraham's children-of-God-offspring, in numbers like the stars,
cannot be a "little flock" or "only a few" in numbers. And Paul says in Gal. 3:7 "understand
then that those who have faith are children of Abraham" and in Romans 4:16 Paul says,
"Abraham. He is the father of us all." So? So Abraham's offspring includes the Christian
Church. And it's time to face the truth: The final numbers of the saved are going to be in
numbers like the stars in the sky because that's what God said in Genesis 15:5

Part 2

In order to escape Huge-Church-In-Numbers-Like-The-Stars, John Tiny Church must interpret
Genesis 15:5 to say this: God took Abraham outside and said look up at the sky and count the
stars ~~ if indeed you can count them. Then God said so shall your offspring be ~ and by the
way the majority of them will be children of Satan.
John Tiny Church wants to escape the truth/fact that Abraham's offspring, in numbers like the
stars, are mostly the children of God, because this means that Luke 12:32's "little flock" and
Matthew 7:14's "only a few find it" can not be interpreted as historically predictive of the future
numerical size of the Christian Church and John Tiny Church does not like that. John Tiny Church
prefers an interpretation of the Bible that forever presents Christendom as a "little flock" and "only
a few."

There are over 14,500,000 Southern Baptists in the United States and 14,500,000 Christians
cannot be a "little flock" or "only a few."

John Tiny Church: The majority of them are not true Christians.

Paul Factuality: Only God can know that and you're not God so you don't know.

I'm going to repeat this several times because this truth/fact must be established and strongly
emphasized ~ that John Tiny Church does not have the wisdom, power, and authority to issue
his personal proclamation saying the majority of Christendom's 2.3 billion Christians are not true
Christians. There are hundreds of millions of Christians in the world 21st century and Christendom
is no longer a "little flock" or "only a few" and the one and only way John Tiny Church can escape
the truth/fact of Huge-Church-In-Numbers-Like-The-Stars is to claim that the majority are not true
Christians. So? So I'm going to repeatedly tell John Tiny Church the truth: Only God can know and
he is not God so he does not know.

There are over 1300 Protestant Christian mega-churches in the United States with a weekly
attendance of over 2000. That many Christians cannot be a "little flock" or "only a few."

There are over 3000 Catholic Churches in the world with a weekly attendance of over 2000. This
many Christians cannot be a "little flock" or "only a few."

Yoido Full Gospel Church in Seoul, South Korea has about 480,000 members. That many Christians

There is a huge underground Christian Church in China. "In 2018 the Chinese government declared
there were 44 million Christians in China." However there are some international Christian organizations
that say there are tens of millions more in China's underground Christian Church. This many Christians

Paul Factuality: Only God can know that and you're not God do you don't know.

When was the Christian Church a "little flock" and "only a few"? Answer: In the 1st century during the public
ministry of the Lord Jesus. These verses . . .
Luke 12:32's "little flock"
Matthew 7:14's "only a few find it"
Matthew 22:14's "many are invited but few are chosen" describe conditions that existed in the 1st century at
the time they were written. We now know they cannot be interpreted as being historically predictive of the
present and future numerical size of Christendom which is in numbers "a great multitude that no one can count,
from every nation, tribe, people and language." Rev.7:9-10

Part 3
Conclusion.

"I say to you that MANY will come from the east and west, and will take their
places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of Heaven."
__The Lord Jesus Matthew 8:11

"For just as through the disobedience of the one man (Adam) the many were
made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man (Jesus) the MANY
will be made righteous." Romans 5:19

"For those God foreknew He also predestined to be conformed to the image of
His Son, that He might be the first born among MANY brothers and sisters."
Romans 8:29

"In bringing MANY sons and daughters to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom
and through whom everything exists, should make the pioneer of their salvation
perfect through suffering." Hebrews 2:10

"For even the Son Of Man did not some to be served, but to serve, and to give
His life as a ransom for MANY."__The Lord Jesus Mark 10:45 (Jesus could
have said "for a few" but He didn't. Jesus said "for MANY.")

Question For John Tiny Church:
Is it your position that "few" in Matthew 7:14 means few?
But "many" in Mark 10:45 really means few?

If "many" in Mark 10:45 really means many, then many, not a few, are going to
be saved. Isn't that right, John Tiny Church?

The Lord Jesus: "I will build my church.

John Tiny Church: True, but it will ALWAYS be ONLY a "little flock" and few in numbers.

The Apostle John: "I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no
one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language . . . they were
wearing white robes . . . and they cried in a loud voice, salvation belongs to our
God . . and to the Lamb." Rev. 7:9-10

Thank You Father, Lord Jesus, Holy Spirit for The Cross and for saving an
uncountable multitude of we fallen sinful human beings. We praise Your name
and we love you.

You are correct: There will be a great multitude saved, and Heaven will be full of the souls of the redeemed. Every day, more and more are added to the Body, and those from every generation, from every nation will be there.

But the percentage of each generation that is saved will be very small. There will be a vastly larger number cast out, than the number that are invited into Heaven. The goats will certainly outnumber the sheep, and probably by several orders of magnitude.

So then, both sets of passages are correct. There WILL be a great, uncountable, diverse multitude in Heaven. But, there will be an even greater, unfathomable, incomprehensible multitude in Hell.

Rev 20:7-10

Imagine the numbering of every grain of sand in the sea to the numbering of the stars in heaven. I can only assume the grains of sand would be more then the stars in heaven being the numbering of the seed of Abraham in whom are God's own. I believe there are more that reject Christ compared to those who are His own.

Those that have rejected Christ that still remain on earth after the beast, false prophet and all the ruling leaders from every nation that followed after the beast are destroyed are those who are the numbering as the sand of the sea. They are the enemy of God that Satan uses to battle against the saints during the battle of Armageddon that are camped upon the breadth of the earth after he is released for a season, Psalms 2:7-10; 110; Ezekiel 36; 37; Rev 20:7-9.

The saints are camped not only in Jerusalem the beloved city of God, but also throughout the breadth of the earth. It's only the 144,000 generational Jews that believe in Christ that have returned to Jerusalem. After the 1000 years are fulfilled Satan is set loosed for a season and goes out to deceive the nations as he gathers the enemies of Christ to battle against the saints as the numbering of unbelievers is like the sand of the sea. As the enemy surrounds the camp of the saints God sends fire down from heaven and destroys the enemy and Satan is cast into the lake of fire. Zechariah 14:1, 2; Luke 21:20; Rev 16:16 mentions the battle of Armageddon when Christ and His army of angels return as Christ plants His feet on the mount of Olives for the final battle as Gog and Magog found in Ezekiel Chapter 38 is the battle of Rev 20:7-9.

So very many children died in earth's history all over the world who were below the age of accountability. I believe they are the largest part of any multitude in heaven. Jesus Himself says so when He said something to the effect "suffer the little children for the Kingdom of Heaven is made up of such as these." I do not believe there will be so many adults. Too many verses pointing to few choose that path type of verses.
My experience is that people who I've seen say an "all dogs go to heaven" belief wish to continue in sin, yet just can't accept they won't be allowed in. My step-family was that way. At least one of my former co-workers believed he could do whatever he wanted and that he'd be alright with his standing with God.

There are over 2.3 billion Christians in the world
today, and 2.3 billion is not "only a few" Christians.
2.3 billion people claim to be Christians.

So very many children died in earth's history all over the world who were below the age of accountability. I believe they are the largest part of any multitude in heaven.
Assuming the 'age of accountability' doctrine to be true, a significant majority of Christians will be those who died in early childhood, aborted and miscarriages.
From 2010-2014, an estimated 25% of global pregnancies (including spontaneous miscarriages) ended in abortion.

The 6 million-plus pregnancies in 1996 in the U.S. resulted in 3.9 million births, 1.3 million induced abortions, and almost a million fetal deaths. This means that 62 percent of pregnancies ended in a live birth, 22 percent ended in abortion, and 16 percent ended in a miscarriage or stillbirth. Another source said that abortions are down to 13% while miscarriages are at 20% for a total of 33%.

The death rate was 40% for kids under five in 1850, 20% by 1960, 4% now.

A lot of other factors to consider. My guess is 10% of the 2.3 billion people claiming to be Christian are not so. The Roman Catholic church which make up 55% of Christians officially says protestants are not Christians and protestants have made similar claims of Roman Catholics but they are not as organized so an official opinion is not forthcoming. An estimated two billion people today never heard of Christ and this is after 2000 years of spreading the gospel.
To put a number out there I would say 90-95% of people in heaven never heard of God again assuming the 'age of accountability' doctrine to be true.

Will Only A Few People Be Saved? No. A Great Multitude Will Be Saved.
By JAG
May 25, 2021

Jesus was asked specifically, "Lord are only a few people going to be saved?" Luke
13:23. If only a few people are going to be saved this was a golden opportunity for
Jesus to establish that truth, but Jesus did not reply yes only a few people will be
saved, instead He replied with an exhortation for people to "make every effort" to
enter through the narrow door
. We now know, 21st century, why Jesus did not reply
yes only a few people will be saved: There are over 2.3 billion Christians in the world
today, and 2.3 billion is not "only a few" Christians. Jesus knew that His Christian
Church was going to become "a great multitude that no one could count from every
nation, tribe, people and language" and this is why He did not reply yes only a few
will be saved. He knew an uncountable multitude would become Christians and be
saved. And now you too know that ~~ because Rev. 7:9-10 says so.
I always thought that Jesus was saying the number will be few by saying that the expanse that we Christians (not outside the church but we Christians) travel is quite broad but narrow is the Way which is Him. There are quite a few distractions and idlos along the broad expanse. Will most of us actually find and stay in the Way?. I know God is not into quantities to accomplish His purposes (Gideon), but I think Jesus may be saying that few in number will be saved as opposed to perhaps those numbers to which He may have wished would have been saved
"but they would not".

I always thought that Jesus was saying the number will be few by saying that the expanse that we Christians (not outside the church but we Christians) travel is quite broad but narrow is the Way which is Him. There are quite a few distractions and idlos along the broad expanse. Will most of us actually find and stay in the Way?. I know God is not into quantities to accomplish His purposes (Gideon), but I think Jesus may be saying that few in number will be saved as opposed to perhaps those numbers to which He may have wished would have been saved
"but they would not".
Good points.
If the O.P. were correct, it would mean that we could not trust anything Jesus said.
It's exactly as you've pointed out...
Welcome to the forum.

Man can make their percentages out of only theories as how can they possibly count every one who is truly God's own as only God knows the heart of His own. I think Rev 7:9-10 says it all. Everything else is speculation.

Man can make their percentages out of only theories as how can they possibly count every one who is truly God's own as only God knows the heart of His own. I think Rev 7:9-10 says it all. Everything else is speculation.
Agreed, God knows with 100% accuracy but I don't have to count every drop of rain to know it is raining outside. What you call theories can be authenticated by empirical facts although with less accuracy than God's knowledge. So man can come to some conclusions, even with rough estimates.
For example, assuming those that have not reached the age of accountability go to heaven, we know for a fact a majority of those in heaven never heard of God or Christ before their death (unless they heard the gospel in their mother's womb or some other half-cocked doctrine which contradicts Paul's statement that there is only ONE GOSPEL).
We know that through time billions of people died before that age of accountability and thus never heard the salvific gospel. ALL THESE PEOPLE had NO OPPORTUNITY to be saved. So we can conclude from 50+ verses that say God Elected, chose, appointed, predestined these people cannot be distorted by 'free will' proponents to say:
"God elected them because they elected God" or
"God chose them because they chose God" or
"God appointed them because they appointed God" or
"God predestined them because they predestined God"
.... so those who practice dualism have to admit that it was not the choice of billions of people as to whether they went to heaven; rather, it is God who chooses:
  • Acts 13:48 When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and honored the word of the Lord; and all who were appointed (decided on beforehand; designated) for eternal life believed.
  • Psalm 65:4 Blessed is the one whom You choose and bring near to dwell in Your courts. We will be filled with the goodness of Your house, Your holy temple.
  • Mark 13:20 And if the Lord had not shortened the days, no human life would have been saved; but for the sake of the elect, whom He chose [for Himself], He shortened the days.

Agreed, God knows with 100% accuracy but I don't have to count every drop of rain to know it is raining outside. What you call theories can be authenticated by empirical facts although with less accuracy than God's knowledge. So man can come to some conclusions, even with rough estimates.
For example, assuming those that have not reached the age of accountability go to heaven, we know for a fact a majority of those in heaven never heard of God or Christ before their death (unless they heard the gospel in their mother's womb or some other half-cocked doctrine which contradicts Paul's statement that there is only ONE GOSPEL).
We know that through time billions of people died before that age of accountability and thus never heard the salvific gospel. ALL THESE PEOPLE had NO OPPORTUNITY to be saved. So we can conclude from 50+ verses that say God Elected, chose, appointed, predestined these people cannot be distorted by 'free will' proponents to say:
"God elected them because they elected God" or
"God chose them because they chose God" or
"God appointed them because they appointed God" or
"God predestined them because they predestined God"
.... so those who practice dualism have to admit that it was not the choice of billions of people as to whether they went to heaven; rather, it is God who chooses:
  • Acts 13:48 When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and honored the word of the Lord; and all who were appointed (decided on beforehand; designated) for eternal life believed.
  • Psalm 65:4 Blessed is the one whom You choose and bring near to dwell in Your courts. We will be filled with the goodness of Your house, Your holy temple.
  • Mark 13:20 And if the Lord had not shortened the days, no human life would have been saved; but for the sake of the elect, whom He chose [for Himself], He shortened the days.
Much to ponder.

Back