Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Will There Be A 7 Year Tribulation? Probably Not!

archangel_300 said:
I'm interested in something here...
For those who believe in a 7 year great tribulation period and that the final week of 70 weeks is the great tribulation period and "jacob's trouble". What authors\books have you been reading? Does this teaching come from your church?
well, I believe that the last 7 yrs are TRIBULATION- that only the second 3 1/2 yrs of that are " great tribulation" and also jacobs trouble.(many others will have trouble then too LOL but there is two scriptures that tell us about the trouble jacob will have at that time). I also beleive that after that 7 yrs there will be ONE LAST YEAR which is the DAY OF THE LORD the time of Gods wrath.

I believe that the differnce between the first and second half is this:- in the first half the devil will try to decieve the church but she will be saved and fed truth for the first half.(3 1/2 yrs) at this time some of the seal and some of the trumpets will happen which will cause hardships on earth. These would be for example the first half
Mat 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
Mat 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
Mat 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all [these things] must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
Mat 24:8 All these [are] the beginning of sorrows.

Also in this time would be rev 12, and up until the third or fourth seal.and up to the 5th seal. ( these would take longer to explain so i am trying to be quick)

Then I beleive the last three and a half years are " great tribulation". This is the time when the seals and trumpets get worse, and when great persecution for the beleivers begins. It is the time the beast is given to overcome the saints, and speak blaphemies, the time of the mark of the beast, worshipping the beast,the time of the two witnesses and of the abomination of desolation. so that fits these:

matt 24:9-28. The 4th or 5th -6th seal, the 5th trump on to the 7th. REV 11, REv 13,14.

And the answer is I read the bible. and yes they teach it at my church but I believed it long before I ever went there or to a churchthat taought prophesy.

GodspromisesRyes said:
well, I believe that the last 7 yrs are TRIBULATION- that only the second 3 1/2 yrs of that are " great tribulation" and also jacobs trouble.(many others will have trouble then too LOL but there is two scriptures that tell us about the trouble jacob will have at that time). I also beleive that after that 7 yrs there will be ONE LAST YEAR which is the DAY OF THE LORD the time of Gods wrath.

I believe that the differnce between the first and second half is this:- in the first half the devil will try to decieve the church but she will be saved and fed truth for the first half.(3 1/2 yrs) at this time some of the seal and some of the trumpets will happen which will cause hardships on earth. These would be for example the first half
Mat 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
Mat 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
Mat 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all [these things] must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

Also in this time would be rev 12, and up until the third or fourth seal.and up to the 5th seal. ( these would take longer to explain so i am trying to be quick)

Then I beleive the last three and a half years are " great tribulation". This is the time when the seals and trumpets get worse, and when great persecution for the beleivers begins. It is the time the beast is given to overcome the saints, and speak blaphemies, the time of the mark of the beast, worshipping the beast,the time of the two witnesses and of the abomination of desolation. so that fits these:

matt 24:9-28. The 4th or 5th -6th seal, the 5th trump on to the 7th. REV 11, REv 13,14.

And the answer is I read the bible. and yes they teach it at my church but I believed it long before I ever went there or to a churchthat taought prophesy.

Yes I do understand your position on this. But my question was rather where did the the conclusion you have come to originate from? You stated that you believed this long before your church taught it. Did you come to this conclusion *alone* without getting the idea from another source?
Do all of you who believe in the 70 weeks Daniel with the last week being the great tribulation period... millenial reign etc... Did you come to this conclusion *alone* without anyone else teaching you first?

archangel_300 said:
For those who believe in a 7 year great tribulation period and that the final week of 70 weeks is the great tribulation period and "jacob's trouble". What authors\books have you been reading? Does this teaching come from your church?

Your question implies that those who understand about a 7 year period at the end called the tribulation got their understanding from men, and not in God's Word. Your question actually applies more to those who don't... understand about that 7 year prophetic period, the way I see it.

The reason I say that, is because our Lord Jesus linked a period of persecution upon the saints He called "great tribulation" in Matt.24:21. In Mark 13 it's the KJV word "affliction".

Matt 24:21
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.(KJV)

Dan 12:1
1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
(KJV)

Anyone who can read that can see how that description in Dan.12 of a time of trouble is what our Lord Jesus was pulling from when He mentioned a time of "great tribulation" in Matt.24 and Mark 13. It's specific to a level of persecution "such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time", which is the same idea as "such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be."

Why would anyone who can read and think for theirself need any other than God to tell them those two Scriptures are about the same thing? Don't have to read that in a book of man to understand the simplicity of those Scriptures.

But maybe those who cannot think for theirselves may need other men to show them how that's about the subject of a level of tribulation on earth that has never been nor will be again.

David505 said:
Thanks veteran,

Good show.

FYI: Some of the advocates call it Partial Preterism, perhaps, because the doctrine is partially defensible.

When our Heavenly Father gives us direct Scripture statements of how our Lord Jesus will return bodily to this earth in like manner how He ascended to Heaven in His resurrection body, one of the reasons He made that plain is so we can mark false prophets who come and try to preach something else. Like others have inferred, there's no one seminary position that doesn't have some doctrinal problems that conflict with Holy Writ. That's solid enough reason not to trust any one seminary category or position, even though it may align with many other things in God's Word. One of the temptations the devil used upon our Lord Jesus was by changing one little phrase of Psalms 91 (see Luke 4:11). That tells me the devil has been toying with all the various seminary positions today, some more than others.

Throughout all that, God's written Word remains and still will be the Measuring Stick. And that's what I want to know and understand. Being well studied in the various seminary positions only prepares one for argument within the area of 'bottles' that will break if the 'new wine' of God's Word is put into them.

archangel_300 said:

Of course this doctrine does not from any church - it comes straight from the word of God. But the final week should NOT be called "the great tribulation period." It should be called the "70th week."

Authors? Try Daniel and John

Coop

archangel_300 said:
GodspromisesRyes said:

Yes I do understand your position on this. But my question was rather where did the the conclusion you have come to originate from? You stated that you believed this long before your church taught it. Did you come to this conclusion *alone* without getting the idea from another source?
Do all of you who believe in the 70 weeks Daniel with the last week being the great tribulation period... millenial reign etc... Did you come to this conclusion *alone* without anyone else teaching you first?

Yes, ALONE, just me, my bible and the Holy Spirit as my teacher.

Coop

veteran said:
archangel_300 said:

Your question implies that those who understand about a 7 year period at the end called the tribulation got their understanding from men, and not in God's Word. Your question actually applies more to those who don't... understand about that 7 year prophetic period, the way I see it.

The reason I say that, is because our Lord Jesus linked a period of persecution upon the saints He called "great tribulation" in Matt.24:21. In Mark 13 it's the KJV word "affliction".

Matt 24:21
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.(KJV)

Dan 12:1
1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
(KJV)

Anyone who can read that can see how that description in Dan.12 of a time of trouble is what our Lord Jesus was pulling from when He mentioned a time of "great tribulation" in Matt.24 and Mark 13. It's specific to a level of persecution "such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time", which is the same idea as "such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be."

Why would anyone who can read and think for theirself need any other than God to tell them those two Scriptures are about the same thing? Don't have to read that in a book of man to understand the simplicity of those Scriptures.

But maybe those who cannot think for theirselves may need other men to show them how that's about the subject of a level of tribulation on earth that has never been nor will be again.

VERY GOOD, Veteran!!

Coop

Back