Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Women Wearing Pants?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
1 Peter 3:7
King James Version (KJV)
7 Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

So exactly what is it you think this verse is saying or supporting?

Now we're getting to the heart of this issue... it's not so much the pants, as the attitude that women are to be served and men are to just suck it up and deal with it...

And, I agree with you, it is a prevelent attitude that is definately out in the world and is most certainly creeping ever inward into the church.

What to do?

Well, as I said earlier somewhere in my many postings today, Satan doesn't care how we err... just as long as we remain in error. If Satan can lead me astray by feminism... he will... just as if he can lead you, Joe, astray by misogny, he will.

The key is for me to not get sucked into the feminist ideas that are being pushed and for you to not be all bitter and hating on women for wearing pants, but for each of us to bring it all back to the Scriptures and align our thoughts with them.

Scripturally speaking, there is nothing wrong with a woman wearing feminie clothing, even if those clothes are in the form of pants. There is a company that makes male looking clothes for butch lesbians and women transvetites and it would be very sinful for a woman to wear them...because their very purpose is to make her look as much as a man as is possible. It would be just as sinful for a man to wear exactly what I'm wearing at this moment, a light blue blouse with embroidered flowers, women's jeans and women's sandals... any man wearing what I'm wearing at this moment would be violating Exodus 22.

And, there is nothing wrong with a woman working outside the home, even the Proverbs 31 woman purchased a field and planted a vineyard... but the goal must be to do this as a helpmeet to her husband, increasing the resources of the household, not for selfish reasons and especially not so that she can increase her assets so that she can kick him to the curb when she can take care of herself.

There is a lot wrong with the attitude that women should, by default and for no more reason than because they're women, be believed in a he said/she said situation, be given the house, the kids, the furniture and the guy booted out to the street, just because she's the woman and he's the guy... Oh yes, our modern western world is getting a little overboard on the woman thing... and in some churches (and I'm sitting in the office of one of them as I type this) feminism has most certainly overshadowed biblical truth.

Joe, you have an important insight to share here... an important and valuable caution, even rebuke against encroaching feminism in the church....

The best way to get that message across though is to focus on the actual sins of feminism.. .that it violates God given roles, it violates the principle of male headship, it violates the principle of wifely submission... it violates the general principle that all Christians, male and female alike, are to live by and that is humility, each thinking of the other's needs first.

But, don't get caught up in unimportant things such as a woman wearing pants. When you make a stand on that, it's shaky ground scripturally, because there is nothing in the Scriptures that women can't wear pants, just that no person of either sex is to wear the opposite sex's clothes. And because it's not scriptural, even your brothers and sisters in the Lord get the impression that you're little more than a troll just trying to flame the board, rather than a guy who has an important point to make.

:thumbsup... I am very impressed Dora, well done!

I am just so disgusted with this world where it is almost effortless to find a woman who will fornicate with you, but impossible to find one who is willing to be your helpmate or your friend.

This whole idea of relationships being short term hook ups sickens me

The whole entitlement, "I don't need no man", "I want what I want and I want it now" thing has really gotten me beat down.

Modern women will kick a guy to the curb in a heartbeat because they can replace him so quickly. All they have to do is hit on another guy and lead him to believe they will have sex with them,,,,,,,,

The message to men now is,,,,

"Whatever I want, you better deliver, or else I'll find somebody who will"

This thread needs pictures.

My former wife dressed like this for work - I never considered her alluring dressed like this. I think she looked very professional, but not 'sexual'.
View attachment 2532

Same here:

View attachment 2533

Here is the same model in dress and pants - I cant say the dress is less "modest", both outfits look equal to me.

View attachment 2534

And ALL of these are very feminine, nothing "butch" or crossing the gender lines at all.

Now, women in jeans? About as sexual to me as the two-piece swimsuit. :yes

I am just so disgusted with this world where it is almost effortless to find a woman who will fornicate with you, but impossible to find one who is willing to be your helpmate or your friend.

The whole entitlement, "I don't need no man", "I want what I want and I want it now" thing has really gotten me beat down.

Modern women will kick a guy to the curb in a heartbeat because they can replace him so quickly. All they have to do is hit on another guy and lead him to believe they will have sex with them,,,,,,,,

This post REALLY needs it's own thread, cause you are SO right on SO many levels, but I dont' think it has a lot to do with dress.

But you are SO right.

Obviously you're kinda emotional Joe, but these are women in the world, unbelievers, that you're identifying. Not the kind of women we as Christians should have anything to do with. Everything effects the church today. Wearing pants is NOT a problem. It may be a lightning rod for those that feel the church has been too influenced by feminism, but this is NOT a feminist thing. In my own church, I have seen some young girls dress VERY provocatively. That is wrong, but it is the parents job to address that, not mine. I would rather see them in pants, and unless the leadership of the church deals with it from the pulpit, it will not get addressed. We soldier on.

Interesting perspective, Joe. That attitude isn't just some women... it's some men as well. From my perspective, men of my age bracket want arm candy.... they might take someone like me to a company dinner, but for a Saturday night date, they want the young chickies, with whom they won't have much in common. Arm candy.

And believe it or not, some men want one night stands; they don't want long-term relationships. And they certainly don't want a relationship with a mature Christian woman.

It doesn't have anything to do with slacks, skirts, dresses, kilts, tuxedoes, etc....clothing in general.

However.... perhaps for another thread's topic.

Obviously you're kinda emotional Joe, but these are women in the world, unbelievers, that you're identifying.
I'll take this one, Joe.

You, Stan, have OBVIOUSLY been out of the Christian dating game for some time.
While it is true there are some wonderful Christian women out there, (and I didn't want to say it, but I think I met one on my new job, we'v been out twice in the past three weeks), Joe is not necessarily describing "secular" women.

Interesting perspective, Joe. That attitude isn't just some women... it's some men as well. From my perspective, men of my age bracket want arm candy.... they might take someone like me to a company dinner, but for a Saturday night date, they want the young chickies, with whom they won't have much in common. Arm candy.

And believe it or not, some men want one night stands; they don't want long-term relationships. And they certainly don't want a relationship with a mature Christian woman.

It doesn't have anything to do with slacks, skirts, dresses, kilts, tuxedoes, etc....clothing in general.

^^^THIS!^^^ +1 on all points.

I tried to keep it on subject, but all I can keep thinking is,,,,,

I nursed my ex fiancee through 4 cancer operations in a little over a year including caring for an open surgical wound that was on her stomach. As soon as I needed her she left while I was at work and I came home to a note.

This is the legacy of women's lib. It's all about being selfish and anti-male. It was never about equality.

Whenever I see anything about women's lib, such as this wearing pants thing, all I can think of is how it's hurt me and how it's hurt my family.

Even the smallest issues like this "pants thing" make me want to push back.

Hey Joe, Elijah here.
Do you refer to this as being Kind of like the 'subtle change' of the teamwork of cival rights, + women + racial, & the gay stuff kind of all working together?? Even the last 25 or so years we found the skirts going up & the neckline going down. And TV?? they tell me that cable is about as bad as satan desires?

Can you remember when we never needed to lock our house doors? And swearing in front of a woman by the non/christian was even rare. And crime??? You even have women as the most vile speaking & violent offenders today. Even killing their own children! And abortion??? It is not only the young girl, but the parents + doctors & even many of the church pastor's who recomend such a 'moral' crime today.

And Joe, who is it that are the most accountable of all of these ones? Rev. 17:1-5 has documented what these ones 'really' are ! Hey, and to be honest with you Joe, I think that this mostly came about because the 'women' started wearing the pants of the house, & the 'men' became what I call she/shims, my own word meaning male cop/outs!:sad

And 'i' would think some of the women could tell you some real true stories of how Christ has changed them, if He has?

Me again Joe, here are some good Truths for a Christian forum & their readers?
1 Cor. 6
[6] But brother goeth to law with brother, and that before the unbelievers.
[7] Now therefore [there is] utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded?

[8] Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren.
[9] Know ye not that the unrighteous [shall not] inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

[10] Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

[11] And [[such were]] some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

And the bottom/line finds a Born Again change for Christ very own, huh?

I'll take this one, Joe.

While it is true there are some wonderful Christian women out there, (and I didn't want to say it, but I think I met one on my new job, we'v been out twice in the past three weeks), Joe is not necessarily describing "secular" women.

I have to concur... When I was single and lonely, it was actually several Christians who encouraged me to go out and find some "one night stands"... another Christian encouraged me to get pregnant... the guy would be on the hook for child payments and I'd have a baby to love...as old as I was getting, I was running the risk of not being able to have kids after all...

Turns out, she was right about that. I wound up being too old, plus things were complicated due to the past abuse... I never was able to have kids...

Didn't stop the Lord from blessing me with two of the best kids on the planet though...;)

It's even worse for the younger kids today... As a parent of a 14 year old and a 12 year old, I find myself fighting back worry for them and how they will ever be able to find godly mates...

It's bad out there... and it's only going to get worse.

Mark... here's hoping the best for you!!!

My Ex

IMG_0393.jpg

Me

1980_1092472993947_8947_n.jpg

I can assure you we were a mature couple and this wasn't about "eye candy"

BTW we met at a Christian Group

I nursed my ex fiancee through 4 cancer operations in a little over a year including caring for an open surgical wound that was on her stomach. As soon as I needed her she left while I was at work and I came home to a note.

This is the legacy of women's lib. It's all about being selfish and anti-male. It was never about equality.

Whenever I see anything about women's lib, such as this wearing pants thing, all I can think of is how it's hurt me and how it's hurt my family.

Joe you came home to a note? You were living with this woman? And your complaining about Christian values?

I'll take this one, Joe.

Well yes, I dated when I was in my teens and early twenties. I'm now 58. The fact is real Christian women still exist. Not ALL women are like Joe's portrayal.
He may not be describing 'secular' women but real Christian women is another thing. Unbelievers do hang out in church you know. We are called to be IN the world but not OF the world. That is the difference.
FYI, I was married twice, the first for 23 years and the second for 4 years. Both professed Jesus as Saviour and both walked away from the marriage. Those type of things happen

Maybe that had something to do with your lovely opinions you've shared here...

"Modern women will kick a guy to the curb in a heartbeat because they can replace him so quickly. All they have to do is hit on another guy and lead him to believe they will have sex with them"

"I also don't believe women should work outside the home "

"Sure women are for doing more than popping out babies. If they know how to be obedient, then they are good for cooking and cleaning too."

"No man would need more than one wife if the women would just read Eph 5 and learn to obey and know their place"

"I am a raciest. I like my own race the best. I'm German and I know Germans are the smartest."

"Although in a way tattoos on women are a good thing. When you see them you know they "ain't the marryin`kind". It's kinda like a self imposed scarlet letter"

"But when she repeatedly disobeys she must be disiplined for the sake of the marriage and for her own good."

Sorry, but I absolutely wouldn't blame a woman from running like heck away from any man who thought so low of her gender.

I've never heard of women's lib. I've heard of women's RIGHTS, like the right to vote and be considered a person and own property etc.

Women wearing pants has hurt your family? Are you being serious? If your family is so fragile that a pair of pants will shatter it, there was obviously far more serious issues than garment selections.

Good luck with that.

I might be more sympathetic if you hadn't spewed so much sexist garbage for the past couple weeks. I have MANY female friends, and many of them are far better people than myself. They're not going to allow you to pick their clothing, or chain them to the kitchen, or impregnate them whenever you desire, or control their access to their friends. If this somehow "hurts" you, too bad. Try figuring out what issues in your own life caused this irrational fear of females. Because that's what it is, in the end. You're deeply uncomfortable with women positioned as equals to yourself.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back