Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Would Jesus Get Banned On A Present Day Christian Forum?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward

2024 Supporter
Sometimes I don't talk so sweet and pretty and I used to be a lot worse at it. But I am well aware that the Lord instructs us to walk in love and watch your mouth. By your words you will be justified and by your words you will be condemned. And I was thinking about that and my walk with God, and I can't shake the feeling that, some things still need to be said some times.

Then it occured to me that, Jesus didn't always talk so sweet and pretty either. Scripture is replete with the Lord calling people Hypocrites! Vipers! Satan! Thos are four letter words back then. He even got mad and dumped the moneychangers tables over and kicked them all out! Wow.

So I couldn't help but wonder how long Jesus would last on a modern day Christian forum before He got banned?

What do you think? You know how people are on forums! Have you ever heard of Jesus taking any crap off of anyone? I haven't. And when he went to the cross, that was Jesus laying His life down by choice, out of love for you. So I don't think the cross counts.

What do you think? Would they show Jesus the door?

Sometimes I don't talk so sweet and pretty and I used to be a lot worse at it. But I am well aware that the Lord instructs us to walk in love and watch your mouth. By your words you will be justified and by your words you will be condemned. And I was thinking about that and my walk with God, and I can't shake the feeling that, some things still need to be said some times.

Then it occured to me that, Jesus didn't always talk so sweet and pretty either. Scripture is replete with the Lord calling people Hypocrites! Vipers! Satan! Thos are four letter words back then. He even got mad and dumped the moneychangers tables over and kicked them all out! Wow.
The main problem is that Jesus was sinless and perfect in his judgements of others. That is not you nor anyone else on any forum anywhere. We all see as "in a mirror dimly." Believers are commanded to love our enemies, to treat others how we want to be treated, to be respectful, loving, kind, and humble.

1Co 13:4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant
1Co 13:5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; (ESV)

The main problem is that Jesus was sinless and perfect in his judgements of others. That is not you nor anyone else on any forum anywhere. We all see as "in a mirror dimly." Believers are commanded to love our enemies, to treat others how we want to be treated, to be respectful, loving, kind, and humble.

1Co 13:4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant
1Co 13:5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; (ESV)

That's right. I prayed about that stuff and you know what He gave me?

(You ever open your bible to the exact page that speaks to you and answers the question? It came to me sort of like that)

A warning… None shall depart contented. The hammer shall drop and the gap shall be widened… A severe gash, a great striving over words. From discontentment and hurt shall come unity. Though there is division, there shall come unity and later reconciliation.

Remember, little ones, to stay silent, and to keep the peace in false words, is to deny The Lord your God and I, the One who The Father has sent to dwell among you… In your very presence.

Be not downhearted, nor fear, for hardship is coming… A great awakening… Desolations have been determined. And these very same ones, who mock you and do desecrate My name, shall run… They shall flee and seek refuge. And to whom will they go?… They shall go to those they had wronged, and repent.

Then you shall say to them… „Come, you are welcome. Neither are you forsaken. Repent not for that which you have done unto me, for I have already forgiven you. Turn to Him, who shall save you… Turn to The Lord your God, and call out to Him in the name of His Son, Jesus Christ, The Lord.“.../

Those are good words.

That's right. I prayed about that stuff and you know what He gave me?

(You ever open your bible to the exact page that speaks to you and answers the question? It came to me sort of like that)

A warning… None shall depart contented. The hammer shall drop and the gap shall be widened… A severe gash, a great striving over words. From discontentment and hurt shall come unity. Though there is division, there shall come unity and later reconciliation.

Remember, little ones, to stay silent, and to keep the peace in false words, is to deny The Lord your God and I, the One who The Father has sent to dwell among you… In your very presence.

Be not downhearted, nor fear, for hardship is coming… A great awakening… Desolations have been determined. And these very same ones, who mock you and do desecrate My name, shall run… They shall flee and seek refuge. And to whom will they go?… They shall go to those they had wronged, and repent.

Then you shall say to them… „Come, you are welcome. Neither are you forsaken. Repent not for that which you have done unto me, for I have already forgiven you. Turn to Him, who shall save you… Turn to The Lord your God, and call out to Him in the name of His Son, Jesus Christ, The Lord.“.../

Those are good words.
They are good words but I don't see what they have to do with what I posted.

I dunno 🤷‍♂️

Jesus comes bringing a sword…dividing families at times for instance. Forgive the not so great paraphrase.

Scripture tells us that the wheat and the tares grow together till harvest time. If Jesus did appear on a forum one would assume that the tares would be displeased. Given how hated Jesus and many of His followers still are today…

Maybe He would break the internet?

I dunno 🤷‍♂️

Jesus comes bringing a sword…dividing families at times for instance. Forgive the not so great paraphrase.

Scripture tells us that the wheat and the tares grow together till harvest time. If Jesus did appear on a forum one would assume that the tares would be displeased. Given how hated Jesus and many of His followers still are today…

Maybe He would break the internet?
If the forum had been owned by the Pharisees, they would have banned Jesus for teaching, according to them, a false religion.

More and more this is the case, I think (the "some things still need to be said" stuff, I mean).

Yes, he did. But he did so as God Incarnate, as the God-Man, not just a mere mortal like you or me.

So I couldn't help but wonder how long Jesus would last on a modern day Christian forum before He got banned?

Not long. He wouldn't be tip-toeing around Woke ideology, fussing about "safe spaces," or accommodating the sin with which we are so often very comfortable.

What do you think? You know how people are on forums! Have you ever heard of Jesus taking any crap off of anyone?

??? Yes. He "took crap" off of a great many, finally dying at the hands of those who hated him, though at any moment in his journey to death on the cross he could have destroyed them all. Read Isaiah 53.

And when he went to the cross, that was Jesus laying His life down by choice, out of love for you. So I don't think the cross counts.

??? I don't see why it "doesn't count." How is such sacrificial love not "taking crap off of anyone"?

What do you think? Would they show Jesus the door?

Yup. I think most "Christians" would not much like their Savior as he actually is.

??? I don't see why it "doesn't count." How is such sacrificial love not "taking crap off of anyone"?

That's true. They still dished it out to him. Even if was due to demonic oppression, and Jesus was allowing it to happen, He didn't resist it so did take crap off of them.

Yup. I think most "Christians" would not much like their Savior as he actually is.

I can't count how many testimonies I have heard where when Jesus said something to them they, said no because they didn't want to do it. God told me to move to Ohio and I didn't want to do it either, but here I am.

That raises the obvious question…

Are we mostly tares? Is that situation fixable or is it scripture in action? Etc etc

No! We are the Wheat. The enemy sowed tares among the Wheat. Tares are weeds.

Speaking of the world your statement probably is true. Scripture in action? These things must come to pass, so yes. indeed!

What I mean is…

Ok ✅ barna does studies on Christians in the USA. So…

A lot of their numbers are disappointing. Is it poor teaching? Is it fulfillment of Scripture? Maybe somewhere in between as in…

Some could be truly converted with better teaching but there’s a definite limit?

So what about the Apostles? Would they be banned or be allowed to backtalk to the authorities?

So what about the Apostles? Would they be banned or be allowed to backtalk to the authorities?
I don't know. This is all exceedingly hypothetical. I would expect them to act just like what they wrote for how everyone else is to behave.

According to that logic... yes they would be banned.
Quite the opposite. They would be examples par excellence.

I should add that that doesn't mean they would be perfect, unlike Jesus.

Quite the opposite. They would be examples par excellence.
So when they disobeyed the religious rulers of their time... and back talked to the appointed leaders of their religion... they are a wonderful example to follow?

Interesting to hear.

So when they disobeyed the religious rulers of their time... and back talked to the appointed leaders of their religion... they are a wonderful example to follow?

Interesting to hear.
Firstly, what does that have to do with them posting in Christian forums? Secondly, what did they say about how believers are to treat other believers?

Firstly, what does that have to do with them posting in Christian forums? Secondly, what did they say about how believers are to treat other believers?
Firstly... everything.
Secondly... They bad mouthed the very people they were sent to educate. They smack talked the leaders of their own religious system(or are you saying that the Apostles were not Jewish).

Firstly... everything.
How so?

Secondly... They bad mouthed the very people they were sent to educate. They smack talked the leaders of their own religious system(or are you saying that the Apostles were not Jewish).
The Apostles were Christians and cultural Jews, not religious Jews, were they not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back