Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Would you date a ' Liberal' or 'Evangelical ' Christian?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
If I was still of dating age, I would of course date a Christian or a liberal. Or a liberal Christian. Why not?

Your comment about masochism is stupid.
Because we would have polar opposite views on just about everything. It would inevitably lead to frustration for both of us. Even if she were a Christian, if that is all we have in common, I don't think it would be worth the investment.

My point about masochism was sort of tongue in cheek. But some people truly do enjoy being in a combative relationship. It's not for me though.

Because we would have polar opposite views on just about everything. It would inevitably lead to frustration for both of us. Even if she were a Christian, if that is all we have in common, I don't think it would be worth the investment.

My point about masochism was sort of tongue in cheek. But some people truly do enjoy being in a combative relationship. It's not for me though.
Stop believing Republican propaganda! Jesus said to love your neighbor as yourself.

I live this .

Most of the views on things politically my wife doesn't agree.

I'm probably close to center right when done libertarian leanings . I don't think morality can be legislated but neither is gay rights gonna be good for us .just that the state prison system doesnt change hearts .

My wife is center left ,anti trump .I never voted for trump .I didn't vote Democrat either . On the Ukraine thing .I'm a vet she doesn't like my views on geopolitics on that .im hardly pro Putin but I know that the former ssr are free .they are corrupt as well .

I am a Conservative Christian and really it is about people's morals and values and if they are believers in Christ. That really I am looking for. People need to agree to disagree in order to bring peace. But really it is about believing in Christ, agreeing to disagree, and that being said talking about P&R really can bring to heated arguments and sadly but truthfully that over in the broken friendships.

Personally, I wouldn't date a liberal or a strict conservative regardless of religion.If someone identifies that way it feels a bit "sheepish" to me. I've been on both political sides and both occasions you insert yourself into echo chambers and believe/get convinced of almost everything the people in said group believe. I personally would label myself a centrist. I listen to both sides of the political argument and decide which thing I believe. I have a mix of liberal and conservative views on different things.

Though typically when dating Im too busy assessing their general personality and how they treat people to care too much about their politics in the real world lol

That is just stupid! Jesus never said anything about watching TV either. Loving your neighbor means just that!
It's a personal choice. We are the ones who decide who we love. I can be honest with myself and say I don't love my neighbor. I like them, but I don't live them. And who I date is ultimately up to me.

Saw this on another forum so have pinched the idea.
What ever you take on Christianity if you are single, or when you were single.
Would you have dated a Christian from another part/side of Christianity.
Example if a staunch Roman Catholic would you have gone out with a committed Calvinist?
Or if a wishy washy liberal would you go out with a fervent evangelical?
If a convinced no tongues etc go out with a fervent speaker in tongues?

How would you deal with the difference in your beliefs?

Imagine that you really, really like this other Christian what would happen?
Christians are admonished to marry only in the Lord sir. 1 Cor 7:39

It's a personal choice. We are the ones who decide who we love. I can be honest with myself and say I don't love my neighbor. I like them, but I don't live them. And who I date is ultimately up to me.
If you are motivated simply by your own thoughts and/or conscience, then what need do you have for a Savior and Holy Spirit?

I have absolutely no doubt that I was led to my wife by God. I remember it as though it happened yesterday, even though it happened 53 years ago.

Read my previous post #51. And I was an atheist at the time.
I didn't marry in the Lord either Jay. I can say that for most of my life I was not a Christian, and I openly admit that there is some percentage of doubt of God's existence, but I don't think I have ever been an atheist from the time of accountability. Most of the time even before I was a Christian I had a strong love for God. Although my mother eventually became a Christian none of my siblings nor father ever did.

Saw this on another forum so have pinched the idea.
What ever you take on Christianity if you are single, or when you were single.
Would you have dated a Christian from another part/side of Christianity.
Example if a staunch Roman Catholic would you have gone out with a committed Calvinist?
Or if a wishy washy liberal would you go out with a fervent evangelical?
If a convinced no tongues etc go out with a fervent speaker in tongues?

How would you deal with the difference in your beliefs?

Imagine that you really, really like this other Christian what would happen?
If I dated a liberal she yeet on me as soon as she here's my beliefs. lol

Even if you are right, what does that have to do with whether it is good or wise? It's fairly normal to have more than one sexual partner before marrying. Do we use norm to define what is best?

As I wrote earlier, if eros is involved, we are just pretending it is friendship. There may be an element of friendship, but it is more than friendship. And does something being a "large part of what talking to the opposite sex is about for teenagers" make it what we set as the goal? Do we simply accept that teenagers are incapable of making wiser decisions? Do we think so little of them?
As a teenager I have seen probably about none who are capable of navigating through that without wise, biblical, and elderly counsel. Period. It may be normal to have more than one sexual partner but it sure isn't righteous. Not everything that is lawful is expedient. That's Scripture.

It's not good to be unequally yoked. One or both are going is going to dragged down. Soul ties to past relationships have to be dealt with in order to move on and for the relationship to grow. Men should love the wife as christ loves rhe church. Christians are temples of the holy spirit. Marriage should take a lot of thought and if your not marrying your best friend and companion you are in the wrong. Sex is important yes, but in the right context. Intimacyis more than sex it is in.to.me.see. If you marry for sex or power than that reason than it is wrong. You make vows to eachother. True love moves beyond the shallow. Would you still love your spouse if they got hurt and lost a leg? Was in a coma for a week? Was sick on your honeymoon? Who was uncomfortable on the honeymoon because they had been molested or raped before? Marriage is also about accountability and commitment, faithfulness. God has to be the head and be your first love then everything else falls underneath that category. Nothing is better than the companion of a couple. Nothing as strong as that love.

Just thinking about the OP... It is a biased question, implying that liberalism is in opposition to Christianity. That, of course, is nonsense. Or, if read in its entirety, means that one could date a liberal or an evangelical, but not someone who is both.

Just thinking about the OP... It is a biased question, implying that liberalism is in opposition to Christianity. That, of course, is nonsense. Or, if read in its entirety, means that one could date a liberal or an evangelical, but not someone who is both.
How is it nonsense? Every liberal I've ever talked to has been lukewarm or outright opposed Christianity.

How is it nonsense? Every liberal I've ever talked to has been lukewarm or outright opposed Christianity.
Then you need to talk to more liberals. I am a liberal, as are my wife and most of my friends. And we are all sincere, believing Christians! I think that you are just biased (for no valid reason).

Back