Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Wowzer...life in this modern world

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

handy

I came across a doozy today out in cyberland.

A man married a woman for better, for worse. Both man and wife are faithful to each other, no adultery.

Now, wife has come out that she's really a homosexual man trapped in the body of a woman and desires to have gender reassignment surgery. However, she still loves her husband and wants to remain married to him, but as a gay man, not as a woman.

Usually, I can see how the bible applies to just about everything...but this one is a stumper.

Frankly, "gender reassignment" doesn't really make a man into a woman nor a woman into a man. It might change the outward appearances, but it fundamentally doesn't change a person from one sex to another.

So, if the wife does get the surgery, she'll still be fundamentally a woman, his wife and one who is committed to being faithful to him.

But, what is he to do in this situation?

What would you do?

I have to admit... as committed I am to maintaining my marriage and only considering divorce for clear cut adultery on my hubby's part... I couldn't ever envision remaining married to my beloved Steve if he suddenly said he wanted to become Stephanie and the two of us live as lesbians. (Not that I think Steve would ever go there...he's about as heterosexual a male if ever there were one.)

Someone, or something (devel/satan), have deceived this woman into thinking this. There is no other explanation for it. And if she goes through with it it would basically just giving into this sinful way of thinking. Of course it would be impossible to explain this perspective to them if they are unbelievers without being labelled a homophob, or part of some kind of hate group.

There are many forms of adultery, not only being unfaithful in the bedroom, but also being deceiving to ones self and to others. This women is deceived in her mind that she is a man and also deceiving her husband after they were married as never mentioning this to him while they were dating. The decision is theirs to make, but we all know that this is also an abomination to God.

WOW! This IS a new one! At least in my obviously sheltered world. Any indication if either are Christian? An abomination to God? Yeah, I'll say! Adultery? I think that stretches the definition of adultery pretty far. I'm waiting with baited breath to see what everyone here has to say about this. I hope people include scripture to back up what they say too (so I can use it to do the same when I talk to other people and this subject comes up)!

I guess now that I've had a minute to think, I can relate. I'm pretty much a lesbian trapped in a man's body... But I kinda like it that way. :lol

i feel badly for them

i hope that i would not physically mutilate myself,
if it felt wrong to be a particular gender

imho it's a matter for them to sort out
and love can conquer all sorts of challenges

i'm glad they are not asking for my advice
cause i don't have a clear understanding of their situation

it is intriguing that we "come in all shapes and sizes"

Myself, I couldn't do it. It seems to violate the principle of not allowing the marriage bed to be defiled.

In answer to a previous question, I have no idea if the couple, or either in the couple, are Christian or not... this was something I read on a blog and there were no links to the original story. I thought it was pretty interesting though and an example of how 2 Timothy 2:15 is more challenging than ever in this day and age!

Back