Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

You Are Without Excuse' Quath & Others.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Who was more responsible for the rich man being in torment while Lazarus was in Abraham's bosom; those who spoke to not offend the rich man in his comfortable way of life, or those that spoke against the manner in which he was living?

Neither... Tell about the love of Christ and share the cross. Tell them about what God did for them, and that why we were yet sinners Christ died for us. It's not just one way or the other Solo. There is 20 different way's to solve one problem.. I choose another way. LOVE

Solo true very true..

1Cr 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

As I said, with love, reassurance and patients.. We should not tell people that they are without excuse because that just seems foolish to them as the cross does. But are people in general willing to accept someone who comes in love and kindness or someone who comes with hell preaching? I tell you as a past youth pastor the latter is far worse. I've seen teens respond to sermons that offer love, joy and fulfillment. I been on the streets preaching to bikers, we don't use hell preaching. We come in love and ask them is there anything that we can pray with them about. And the responce is great!

Try hell preaching on the streets, the streets might just have their way with you..

We are supposed to warn them' even if it is harsh. In the book of Ezekiel' God says if you do not warn him and he dies in his sin. His blood will be on your hands. And tell me this just how many times is hell mentioned in the New Testament ? We are to warn these people' and we don't always have to be goody' goody' 2 shoes about it. And if we get harsh about it' that does not mean that we don't love them. Does not God get harsh' when He has to ? Yes He does. Christians kill me when they say you should always be gentle' that is a bunch of garbage. And it is not being for real. We are to be gentle yes' but when it calls for being harsh we should. And also God did not make everyone alike.
The word Hell in the Christian Scriptures appears frequently in:

Mark (3 occurrences),

Matthew (12),

Luke (3),

Acts (2),

Revelation (4).

Hi everyone,

With all due respect, I think that being honest about this matter before Quath, and others, is vitally important. It's relevant to the cross. There will be no excuse for unbelief in that day, and that is the simple Truth of the Word. I think we should tell them (not just Quath) so they know. There is nothing offensive about the Truth, unless you do not hold to it.

Quath has said that he doesn't believe, and I accept that, but I do not expect that he would say we should censure ourselves about what we believe. I do not desire to manipulate him, or shy from God's Truth, to somehow make it more attractive. God uses His pure Word to save, not just the parts I think should be shared. Quath knows some of the Word, I would think that at the very least he would desire honest communication with us. He could see right through us otherwise. In this instance, I think we desperately need to be honest. Certainly if he saw me about to walk off a cliff, he would yell for me to stop in my tracks, and let me know that I am on a pathway to death....possibly even do something physically to stop me. I hope he would. If I truly believe what I live, should I not afford him the same attempt to save his life? Shouldn't I be bold enough to at least say it?

I do not want to defend myself here, or anyone else specifically, but I feel as if I need to state these things. I do want to say that love is honest if nothing else. Can we "condemn" Quath and others? No. I am not able to cast the first stone at them...in fact, many of them may be in a better position than I am in that matter. I myself have trampled Christ in my life, and am more guilty of the sin I have committed because it has not all been done in a state of unknowing. I don't even want to condemn others...the whole point is to save them from such a state. If putting up a thread personally for every unbeliever on this board would give them an opportunity to hear God's Word...then maybe we should all do it. I was condemned...we all were, by our own sin, and Quath is because he does not believe in God, in Christ. I am thankful that someone told me. If we love him, shouldn't we tell him...shouldn't we tell all who do not believe the personal witness of how God has pardoned us? I once was lost, but now I'm found. I was once in prison, but now I'm free. I was once dead, but now I am alive.

He is a man sentenced to death, and could have a pardon if he would accept it...shouldn't I enlighten him to his circumstances if I truly believe that they are real...even if he doesn't? I think it would be more offensive of me to not mention it considering I'm the one who actually believes it.

I think that this is so relevant to the Gospel...to the cross...how can we not say it? Why has the church decided that the Gospel is better if we leave out the part about man being sinful, and condemned? How can we not try to stop all who come in here in unbelief from walking out their days in a condemned state? I do not condemn Quath, he is already condemned...he is where we all could be, and have been. Scripture teaches that he will be without excuse. There is nothing offensive, or condemning, about the Word of God. It really is just the Truth of man's state prior to belief...and Quath has told us with his own words that's where he stands...in unbelief. I think he should know what he is facing, and where he stands according to God's Word. I don't believe God would have mentioned it in the Word if He felt it was better left unsaid.

Quath, and others, I publicly apologize for even the slightest offense of a thread that is personally directed at you...if there is one, but I must say that in order to not be ashamed of my Lord, and to be honestly loving with you, that I am obligated to tell you the Truth in plain form. You are condemned. I was once condemned myself, and because of your sin and separation, you are in need of a Saviour. You are a sinner, like me, and you could have grace, like me, if you will only believe. This is not about annihilation, or eternal hell...I'd say that believer's in both camps agree that a lost man is condemned...that is an internal debate for the most part, imo...this is about a Creator who wants to redeem you, and give you life eternal, and have a relationship with you. He wants to bridge the gap of sin and separation with the cross of Calvary.

I do not wish to upset this board, but It is my desire to represent Christ with my life, my words, in an uncompromising way. I do not desire to be contentious about something that is so serious to God's family, but while I have the liberty to speak the Truth fully, and share the Gospel at every opportunity, I will. And again, with all do respect to those who disagree with me about this matter, even my brothers and sisters in Christ will not silence me from speaking the Gospel fully and honestly to the lost....even if this means that I am banned from here. I believe that telling them of their condition is vital. I love you all, even in our disagreement, but I felt the need to state my belief about this matter. I pray that the Lord bless all of you.

And lovely, you just did what?? You had the best answer. You told them the truth and you did it with love, patients and reassurance. It's all in the way you say it. Hell preaching will not get to far..

Thanks lovely, I think the point has been made. Love is far better then anything.

Yes you should be loving about it. But there is a time for hell preaching. And God has cut some people out to do it. The Bible sure is not nice about everything' now is it ?

Atonement said:
Solo true very true..

1Cr 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

As I said, with love, reassurance and patients.. We should not tell people that they are without excuse because that just seems foolish to them as the cross does. But are people in general willing to accept someone who comes in love and kindness or someone who comes with hell preaching? I tell you as a past youth pastor the latter is far worse. I've seen teens respond to sermons that offer love, joy and fulfillment. I been on the streets preaching to bikers, we don't use hell preaching. We come in love and ask them is there anything that we can pray with them about. And the responce is great!

Try hell preaching on the streets, the streets might just have their way with you..
The Word of God is Truth, and speaking the Word of God is the only way that those who are condemned will come to know how to be saved.
  • 16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. 17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. 18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. 20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: 21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
    Romans 1:16-21

No it's not Lewis, you are right my friend. But you asked me a question about how many times hell is used? And I would like to answer this.

Hell is mentioned 54 times in 54 verses

Love is mentioned 310 times in 280 verses

Can you tell me a time when hell preaching is okay? I think hell preaching is NEVER okay unless you wrap it up with love of the cross. And ONLY under those circumstances is hell preaching okay.

Solo said:
The Word of God is Truth, and speaking the Word of God is the only way that those who are condemned will come to know how to be saved.
  • 16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. 17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. 18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. 20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: 21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Solo, my brother in Christ, I understand the Bible...... I know what it say's, but you guy's just are not getting my point for some reason. Yes the Bible say's you are without excuse. I know that, I've read the verse hundreds of times since I been a Christian. I don't deny what it say's. Of course it say's that. But it's not a topic about love, and love should follow after the fact that they are without excuse.. We don't tell someone they are without excuse without giving a light at the end of the tunnel. And you guy's are not getting it... Yes Quath has heard all this before, but you keep showing him that love over and over again. You can tell him about hell, but tell him how to escape. Tell him about the cross which is the cornerstone of our faith.

I've tried Lord

Hell preaching should only be used when it is called for. Like when warning the same people over and over again. And for people who refuse to repent. And for people who just flat out refuse to come to God. But all those that I said are situational. Because some times you can get through to people the other way.

Lewis W said:
Hell preaching should only be used when it is called for. Like when warning the same people over and over again. And for people who refuse to repent. And for people who just flat out refuse to come to God. But all those that I said are situational. Because some times you can get through to people the other way.

I hope it works Lewis... God bless my friend

Atonement said:
Solo said:

Solo, my brother in Christ, I understand the Bible...... I know what it say's, but you guy's just are not getting my point for some reason. Yes the Bible say's you are without excuse. I know that, I've read the verse hundreds of times since I been a Christian. I don't deny what it say's. Of course it say's that. But it's not a topic about love, and love should follow after the fact that they are without excuse.. We don't tell someone they are without excuse without giving a light at the end of the tunnel. And you guy's are not getting it... Yes Quath has heard all this before, but you keep showing him that love over and over again. You can tell him about hell, but tell him how to escape. Tell him about the cross which is the cornerstone of our faith.

I've tried Lord
Brother Keith,
Did Paul write the above Scripture without love, and was he writing with or without the guidance of the Holy Spirit?

He states that the wrath of God is revealed against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness. He also says that these men have no excuse having not glorified God as God; nor were these men thankful but instead became worthless (vain)in their imagination which caused their foolish heart to be darkened.

Michael

Atonement said:
No it's not Lewis, you are right my friend. But you asked me a question about how many times hell is used? And I would like to answer this.

Hell is mentioned 54 times in 54 verses

Love is mentioned 310 times in 280 verses

Can you tell me a time when hell preaching is okay? I think hell preaching is NEVER okay unless you wrap it up with love of the cross. And ONLY under those circumstances is hell preaching okay.

By "preaching Hell" do you mean preaching The Law? The Law is a very important (but separate) doctrine from teaching The Gospel (Love).

If someone is un-repentent, he must be shown his/her sin. If they are continually unrepentant, then giving them the Gospel will not show them their sin. However, the minute they are scared or worried about their sin, then the Gospel should be taught loud and true.

I understand what you all are saying, since I've been in the church all my life, but I also understand what Quath says because I've been exposed to many who have these thoughts. They're not here because they believe in God. They, like Quath don't believe in any supernatural being. But what they DO come here to do is attempt to poke holes in a religion that speaks of love, then point out how a supernatural being could be loving at all when said being uses the power available to destroy the world's population with a flood, or even more people in a burning eternal hell.

I realize that many see the scriptures pointing towards annihilation, but the core Christian doctrine states that unsaved people will burn for all eternity as a punishment for not accepting Jesus.

Then there are a many Old Testament laws that Christian doctrine state were from God where death was the punishment for even relatively benign offenses. That doesn't seem like a loving thing to do, especially when (again, from current Christian doctrine) those that were stoned to death for such "offenses" would be sent straight to Hell for all eternity.

The whole "because you are not perfectly holy, thus deserve to burn for all eternity" thing is considered to be repulsive by many many people. I've talked to many who think along these lines. It wasn't until I found such people and heard their side and their take on the subject that it caused me to question my own Christian background. Sometimes I wish I hadn't been exposed to their questions, but it is too late, the "damage" has been done.

All this to say, I agree that such posts (like this one specifically pointed at Quath) are not really going to do anything in a positive direction.

Just my 2 cents.

I don't mind opposing views. I don't mind unbelievers expressing their distain toward Christianity. To every view there is an opposing view I'll grant you that. People are going to have differering opinions on things. Yet, when an opposing view is expressed, all answers of another view are disregarded and the topic of that opposition is pounded into the ground again and again and again the only thing left is to reply again and again and again with the same answers disregarded in the first place. It gets tiresome after a while. State your case, allow other views to gather, respond to the replies and move on. Doing the same thing over and over again will get the same results over and over again with no change in outcome due to the unchanging constitution of the view that was expressed in the beginning.

Yes Orion, the world is going to resist that which you once believed that is not worldly. And the world will persist to cite evidence from the world as seen through the eyes of the worldly. On top of that you're in the world looking around, seeing nothing more than what is in the world anyway and due to this those using worldly feelings, moralities and worldly logic have the edge since you can't produce evidence of something that isn't worldly while standing surrounded by the world itself.

It's difficult to have hope and faith among those who have already given up on hope or have never had it in the first place.

Potluck said:
I don't mind opposing views. I don't mind unbelievers expressing their distain toward Christianity. To every view there is an opposing view I'll grant you that. People are going to have differering opinions on things. Yet, when an opposing view is expressed, all answers of another view are disregarded and the topic of that opposition is pounded into the ground again and again and again the only thing left is to reply again and again and again with the same answers disregarded in the first place. It gets tiresome after a while. State your case, allow other views to gather, respond to the replies and move on. Doing the same thing over and over again will get the same results over and over again with no change in outcome due to the unchanging constitution of the view that was expressed in the beginning.

Yes Orion, the world is going to resist that which you once believed that is not worldly. And the world will persist to cite evidence from the world as seen through the eyes of the worldly. On top of that you're in the world looking around, seeing nothing more than what is in the world anyway and due to this those using worldly feelings, moralities and worldly logic have the edge since you can't produce evidence of something that isn't worldly while standing surrounded by the world itself.

It's difficult to have hope and faith among those who have already given up on hope or have never had it in the first place.
That is why sometimes' you have to get harsh.

Back