Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Young People Seeking God

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
So basically human nature. And pet nature. Lol.
Good morning Riven,
I'm wondering if we should start a new thread on this or just talk about it a little here.
Also, I'd like a good link that explains it well for you.
Be back in a few minutes...

So basically human nature. And pet nature. Lol.
OK, I'm back.

Just quick.
Because of Adam's sin, he being the Federal Headship of all humanity, caused the fall.
The fall of man is due to Adam disobeying God. Genesis 1:1 to 3
This fall caused an effect on all of mankind.
We are not personally responsible for his sin, however, we are all affected by it.
This affect is called the sin nature, the nature of sin, original sin, or the flesh.
Original sin is a little different...that would be Adam's sin, but you will hear it used.
So man is born with this sin nature and his tendency is to fail God all the time and so Jesus was necessry
for our salvation.

This man on YouTube explains this very well.
I don't know who he is, that's not why I'm posting it,
I just like how he explains it.

Once you understand him, you might want to listen to someone all Christians respect.
He has a PhD in Philosophy and Theology and is world-reknown and his theology is simple anc biblical.
I'll post him second. His name is William Lane Craig. You could listen to anything he says with no problem.

So here's the first guy:

And here's Craig:

I used to teach my religion kids that we're born with a God-shaped hole in our heart that only God can fill.

Young people are not getting sufficient teaching on moral values.

We, as humans, cannot function without an objective moral standard...

Or can we?

Are the commandments still valid?
If you are referring to the 10 written on the tablets wondering, Christians are obligated to obey all but the Sabbath which became optional for Christians Col 2:16,17

If you are referring to the 10 written on the tablets wondering, Christians are obligated to obey all but the Sabbath which became optional for Christians Col 2:16,17
Yes. I meant it in a secular kind of way.
If objective morality becomes non-existant,
will the commandments still be honored?

(that was the question).

PS Because we were discussing how religion is disappearing for the new generation.

OK, I'm back.

Just quick.
Because of Adam's sin, he being the Federal Headship of all humanity, caused the fall.
The fall of man is due to Adam disobeying God. Genesis 1:1 to 3
This fall caused an effect on all of mankind.
We are not personally responsible for his sin, however, we are all affected by it.
This affect is called the sin nature, the nature of sin, original sin, or the flesh.
Original sin is a little different...that would be Adam's sin, but you will hear it used.
So man is born with this sin nature and his tendency is to fail God all the time and so Jesus was necessry
for our salvation.

This man on YouTube explains this very well.
I don't know who he is, that's not why I'm posting it,
I just like how he explains it.

Once you understand him, you might want to listen to someone all Christians respect.
He has a PhD in Philosophy and Theology and is world-reknown and his theology is simple anc biblical.
I'll post him second. His name is William Lane Craig. You could listen to anything he says with no problem.

So here's the first guy:

And here's Craig:

Thank you. 😊

Yes. I meant it in a secular kind of way.
If objective morality becomes non-existant,
will the commandments still be honored?

(that was the question).

PS Because we were discussing how religion is disappearing for the new generation.
Christians are growing very slowly, actually took a backslide during the covid era, but a light gain in adherents last year.

I dont see it, but j hope you're right.
Are more youth going to church?
We have many young ones attending my congregation, but because of being minors, they are simply attending because of their parents. I would say as a guess, that at least 50% of them continue as they become of age. I was just speaking stats, overall we had a slight gain last year, vs a much greater loss the year prior.

We have many young ones attending my congregation, but because of being minors, they are simply attending because of their parents. I would say as a guess, that at least 50% of them continue as they become of age. I was just speaking stats, overall we had a slight gain last year, vs a much greater loss the year prior.
This is certainly encouraging.
We have some young folk that joined the forum and they seem smart and strong in their Christianity. Praise be to God.

Over here it's getting worse.

A lot of ground.
Church attendance is lower even after covid.
I rather think it was a contributor, although it shouldn't be. Of course many died which would reduce attendance, but if they simply stopped attending, they never really had it in them to live Jesus' words at Mat 22:37-39

I rather think it was a contributor, although it shouldn't be. Of course many died which would reduce attendance, but if they simply stopped attending, they never really had it in them to live Jesus' words at Mat 22:37-39
But it doesn't mean they can't find the light again.

Yeah, it is. But when I stopped going I stated to drift away from God. Anecdotal, I know. But that is what happened.
Oh. I agree. Hebrews tells us not to forgo our gathering together. Also I had mentioned about the coal removed from the hearth becoming cold.
Might have said it to you, or one of the other new members.
Yes, I agree with you.

Referring back to the OP, I find here in Italy that the young are not too interested in "religion".
The CC knows it's not doing something right, but it doesn't know what.
Not enough youth programs in my opinion.
Too much catechism when they're too young, and then it just stops.

And, I have to say, that we Protestants don't have enough liturgies and Catholics don't have enough teaching.
Too bad the two can't be combined!

Children remember liturgies when they get older and they solidify Christian beliefs.
Teaching one's faith helps young persons stay closer to God as they get older.
Everyone should know how to defend their faith to some degree. (Apologetics).
At least they should know why they believe. I had little atheists in my religion class,
only 10/11 years old and already they didn't believe. They're starting younger and younger.

I don't mean that they stopped believing,,,,but that they stopped going to church.
It's different, no?
Yes.
I have experienced less closeness to God and battle the cynic spirits more because of that .

It can lead to a falling away .

Referring back to the OP, I find here in Italy that the young are not too interested in "religion".
The CC knows it's not doing something right, but it doesn't know what.
Not enough youth programs in my opinion.
Too much catechism when they're too young, and then it just stops.

And, I have to say, that we Protestants don't have enough liturgies and Catholics don't have enough teaching.
Too bad the two can't be combined!

Children remember liturgies when they get older and they solidify Christian beliefs.
Teaching one's faith helps young persons stay closer to God as they get older.
Everyone should know how to defend their faith to some degree. (Apologetics).
At least they should know why they believe. I had little atheists in my religion class,
only 10/11 years old and already they didn't believe. They're starting younger and younger.
God has always seen to it that young ones learn about Him, when we were under law parents were to: (Deuteronomy 6:6, 7) . . .These words that I am commanding you today must be on your heart, 7 and you must inculcate them in your sons and speak of them when you sit in your house and when you walk on the road and when you lie down and when you get up.

When Jesus was on earth he said: (Matthew 19:14) . . .“Let the young children alone, and do not try to stop them from coming to me, for the Kingdom of the heavens belongs to such ones.”

Today they learn just like the rest of us receiving instruction on how to walk in God's paths at His house: Isa 2:3 And many peoples shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths

We can be assured that if we: (Proverbs 22:6) . . .Train up a boy according to the way for him; even when he grows old he will not turn aside from it.

Of course for the most part whether a young one or even an old one chooses to serve God, it still falls to their free will.

God has always seen to it that young ones learn about Him, when we were under law parents were to: (Deuteronomy 6:6, 7) . . .These words that I am commanding you today must be on your heart, 7 and you must inculcate them in your sons and speak of them when you sit in your house and when you walk on the road and when you lie down and when you get up.

When Jesus was on earth he said: (Matthew 19:14) . . .“Let the young children alone, and do not try to stop them from coming to me, for the Kingdom of the heavens belongs to such ones.”

Today they learn just like the rest of us receiving instruction on how to walk in God's paths at His house: Isa 2:3 And many peoples shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths

We can be assured that if we: (Proverbs 22:6) . . .Train up a boy according to the way for him; even when he grows old he will not turn aside from it.

Of course for the most part whether a young one or even an old one chooses to serve God, it still falls to their free will.
Agreed on all.
I do find, however, that parents are not teaching their children about God.
I used to speak about Jesus as if He were part of our family when my kids were growing up.
And yet, one of them is born again and one is not.

It is still a personal decision, just as you've stated.

Back