Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Your Official Thanksgiving Countdown

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Since we had an early Thanksgiving when my three sisters were home in Oct the five of us that live here are taking my mother out to eat Thanksgiving dinner at an all you can eat buffet.

Hmm, maybe we should buy that turkey soon. We don't have a working oven, though...think we may do like we did one year...chop one up and stick it in the crockpot yummm.

Today I tempered some chocolate and covered a bunch of candy.
I made some gift boxes and bags as I'm going to visit my parents and brother next weekend to celebrate Thanksgiving. (Early Christmas Present)
The following weekend is the official Turkey Day...I'm cooking all day Wednesday after work and Thursday...of course.

Then Black Friday is "back to the kitchen" to start really cranking out the cookies and candies. Because the following weekend is the big Sunday School Christmas party.

A thousand cookies and a thousand candies will go out that weekend in baggies for people to take home. I'll even bring the baggies.

Candied yams, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, cornbread stuffing, and probably some kind of squash...not to mention homemade bread, cranberry sauce and PIES with whipped cream.

God is good...let's PARTY.

Today I tempered some chocolate and covered a bunch of candy.
I made some gift boxes and bags as I'm going to visit my parents and brother next weekend to celebrate Thanksgiving. (Early Christmas Present)
The following weekend is the official Turkey Day...I'm cooking all day Wednesday after work and Thursday...of course.

Then Black Friday is "back to the kitchen" to start really cranking out the cookies and candies. Because the following weekend is the big Sunday School Christmas party.

A thousand cookies and a thousand candies will go out that weekend in baggies for people to take home. I'll even bring the baggies.

Candied yams, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, cornbread stuffing, and probably some kind of squash...not to mention homemade bread, cranberry sauce and PIES with whipped cream.

God is good...let's PARTY.

Hey, you don't have to tell me twice! :woot2

I know right?
Because then....
The KING is Coming!

Time to prepare and get ready.

So either Michael Jackson or Elvis Presley is coming to your house for Thanksgiving? :mouthdrop (A week from today btw. :biggrin2) Lucky duck!! Lol, I'm just kidding. I know that Jesus doesn't compare to MJ or Elvis, but still I thought that it was a rather funny joke. :lol Can you picture Jesus doing the Moonwalk? :tongue "Judas are you okay? Are you okay Judas? No you're not because with a God like me you can never be a smooth criminal." :wink (Cause God knows everything.)

More candy tonight...
I made the two types of caramels Wednesday night (one for chocolate covered candies and one for plain)
And I have a pottery sale to go to in the morning held by the guy who showed me how to turn a bowl in clay. I'm bringing him and his wonderful wife a batch of cookies and candies. They are so kind and generous...I can't help but enjoy doing things for them. They will be the second ones that get a Christmas present. Parents and brother are 3rd and 4th respectively.

And the beat goes on.

And I want to rant a minute about Bakeries...

Where's the stale bread cubes?
I seen the pepperidge farms seasoned dry crumbs...(worthless crap IMHO) it's only good for making slimy stuffing.
Stuffing should have a soft texture but it shouldn't be creamy, lumpy goo. It should be recognizable chunks of bread cubes with seasonings... almost like bread pudding done right.
The only thing I could find was some decent bread that I'll cut up and leave out to dry. But it was over $3 a loaf....uggghhhh

Whatever....

Yay! We found a used oven through Facebook! We are praying it works well as advertised because we might even be able to cook our own turkey this year! Yes! On top of that my husband could make his famous chocolate chip cookies in time for Christmas like he has been wanting to do. Even more excited for Thanksgiving now!

Back