Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I’m transgender- will I go to hell even if I have faith?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I am a transgender person and I’m genuinly wondering what will happen to me when I pass.
Have you accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior? I mean really accepted Him from your heart? If you don't know, keep asking, keep seeking, and keep knocking. Read your Bible if you have one and if you don't have one get one and read it and study it, particularly the New Testament. I find the gospel of John to be very enlightening. Do you have any Christian friends that could help you? Seek out a Bible believing church and get involved. This is where it becomes important to read the Bible for yourself to be sure what you're being taught is true to God's word.

We all have our sins and daily struggles to repent from and we all, every one of us, need our Lord and Savior. No matter your past. Ask God for forgiveness and He will forgive you for "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1 ESV

All is not lost and your sins are forgivable. Jesus said, "God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved." John 3:16-17 NKJV

Have you accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior? I mean really accepted Him from your heart? If you don't know, keep asking, keep seeking, and keep knocking. Read your Bible if you have one and if you don't have one get one and read it and study it, particularly the New Testament. I find the gospel of John to be very enlightening. Do you have any Christian friends that could help you? Seek out a Bible believing church and get involved. This is where it becomes important to read the Bible for yourself to be sure what you're being taught is true to God's word.

We all have our sins and daily struggles to repent from and we all, every one of us, need our Lord and Savior. No matter your past. Ask God for forgiveness and He will forgive you for "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1 ESV

All is not lost and your sins are forgivable. Jesus said, "God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved." John 3:16-17 NKJV
i mean not really. I feel like I’m not good enough sometimes or too bad of a person for God to love. I feel like he’s mad at me or hates me.

If I repent to God, does it count if I still don’t understand or necessarily agree with the things he’s done?

i mean not really. I feel like I’m not good enough sometimes or too bad of a person for God to love. I feel like he’s mad at me or hates me.

If I repent to God, does it count if I still don’t understand or necessarily agree with the things he’s done?
None of us is good enough. That is precisely why we need a savior, the Christ Jesus. The Bible says we all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Here it is in context.

21 But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,
22 even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference;
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
24 being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,
25 whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed,
26 to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.

Romans 3:21-26 NKJV

He does not hate you. I will say it again, God absolutely loves you!!!

We all struggle with doubts from time to time. Even Jesus' disciples struggled with doubts, abandoned Him, and didn't always believe but Jesus never stopped loving them or rejected them.

Read the story of the prodigal son. It is a parable about what God is like.

Here's a link to the story. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+15:11-32&version=NKJV

I can assure you He doesn't hate you. King David committed adultery with another man's wife and had him killed to cover it up, which is a good thing to compare yourself to if you're thinking you're so terrible.

The thing is, David repented and went back to walking with God closer than ever in spite of what he had done, and that's what you would have to do. If you don't make that kind of life choice, your lack of confidence before Him may be your undoing.

Read 2 Peter 1:5-11. I think it may be the answer to your problems, or at least by the sound of it anyway.

God bless,
- H

Psalm 5:5 “Thou hatest all workers of iniquity”
Psalm 11:5; Psalm 58:10a; Proverbs 3:32a; Proverbs 6:16–19; Nahum 1:2; Hosea 9:15; John 3:36b; Romans 9:13; Romans 9:22; Romans 12:9; 1 Corinthians 16:22; Revelation 14:10, 11; Revelation 18:20
To say God loves those He hates or hates those He loves is a contradiction. To say God loves those in hell is a contradiction.

5 The boastful shall not stand in Your sight; You hate all workers of iniquity. 6 You shall destroy those who speak falsehood; The Lord abhors the bloodthirsty and deceitful man.

Fredy, for starters you need to distinguish who God is talking to here. He is talking here about boastful murderers who deliberately lie about others and bear false witness in an attempt to have them put to death, not someone struggling with sin who is wishing He could be closer to God.

Secondly, even if we were talking about someone who was boastful about committing murder, you need to distinguish the feelings God has before such a person is dealt with in judgment and those He has after they have received their punishment. If you think He still walks in hatred towards those who have gone to Hell for eternity and not sadness and tears over how their life ended, I hate to say this but you serve a different god than I do.

Not trying to be confrontational, but your post is IMO no way to respond to someone who is trying to come back to God and looking for all the encouragement he can get.

Alex, in direct answer to your question, just give your life to God and let Him sort out your doubts in due time. In time you will understand better why He has done the things He has, and that everything works together for good to those who love Him.
- H

I am a transgender person and I’m genuinly wondering what will happen to me when I pass.
Hi friend. I have someone close to me who is trans. Personally I have yet to find anything in the Bible that actually addresses gender transition - the arguments I've seen against it have been poor.
If you haven't sought God already, please do so. If it did turn out that you're sinning by gender transitioning, God will convict you of this while you draw yourself closer to Him. I would ask God before asking biased people who have probably not even researched the topic.

This is not a thread for debating topics. Our replies must be focused on the OP's questions. I will not allow continued debate to add more confusion than there already is.

Hi alex thomas and welcome to CF :wave2

We serve a very loving God that will forgive any of our sins as the example of David that was already given.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Romans 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Romans 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

These above scriptures are the basics of God's salvation as we sincerely from the heart repent of our sins and ask Jesus to be our Lord and Savior. Once you do that then start learning who Jesus is and the relationship He wants to have with you. Reading the book of John will help you learn about who Jesus truly is and the love He has for you.

You said you are transgender and have struggles. We all have certain areas we struggle with as yet we are only human. Take those struggles and lay them at the feet of Christ and and give Him your heart and Jesus will make all the changes that need made in your life.

We are always here to help you and never be afraid to ask any questions and hopefully we can help you the best we can.

At the risk of being called uncomplimentary names, I’m going to tell you what Jesus would say. You want forgiveness? You to follow Him? You want to belong to the family of God? It can all be yours but you MUST surrender your chosen identity. The New Testament talks about the previous chosen “lifestyle” of believers who had to surrender that if they were to walk with Him. There is no “accepting Jesus into your heart” in the whole of the Bible although there is receiving Him. To be accepted by Him, we must all repent and surrender that which is not in line with his standard. What you feel you’d like your gender to be plays no role. He has determined your gender and that’s the only one he will accept. You give him all of you and what he returns is more, but surrender comes first.

i dont believe being homosexual is compatible with being christian, youre trying to invert and damage gods creation, your body
homosexuals tend to base their lives around their lustful lifestyles, dressing up in womens clothing possesses them with lust, its degenerate and immoral. you have fallen prey to a demonic agenda of subverting mankind- by my experience you most likely have a severe hormone imbalance which tends to be near-imposible to reverse, maybe consult a doctor to get testosterone injections, in case you were born male, estrogen blockers

"The word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return."

Well you are curious enough to come seek God's guidance. It's suggested you try to form a relationship with God and ask him about your conviction. God loves all, even sinners. What I believe God wants is for people to ask, what am I doing wrong here? He will answer to you. You just have to listen and accept Jesus in your heart.

The world is full of sin and corruption of the mind, body and soul. God will steer you in the right direction, even if your path is dark and cold he will guide you through it.

Regarding the OP: No, you will not go to hell. If you have faith your gender is irrelevant.

Do not let legalists tell you otherwise. Hebrews 11:6, "And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would approach God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him."

Seek God. He will forgive you just as He has forgiven me…sins and everything else too.

Try this: a go to verse is John 3:16. Ok ✅ so I don’t know your actual full name but…

In that verse try putting your name in there. Paraphrasing is a ok ✅ in my book.

Then just try to pray as honestly and humbly as you can.

Seek God. He will forgive you just as He has forgiven me…sins and everything else too.

Try this: a go to verse is John 3:16. Ok ✅ so I don’t know your actual full name but…

In that verse try putting your name in there. Paraphrasing is a ok ✅ in my book.

Then just try to pray as honestly and humbly as you can.
John 3:16-18, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son."

There is no exclusion in those verses! If a person is transgender and believes in Jesus Christ, s/he is not condemned but has eternal life. That is what the Bible clearly says! Those who disagree must examine their hearts and why they refuse to accept the very words of the Bible.

Back