Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I’m transgender- will I go to hell even if I have faith?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I think many LGBTQ+'s falsely assume that the Bible is only condemning them. More often than not, they are falsely fed this lie by others. The Bible isn't just "Picking on gays" as I have heard from many. I as a single, unmarried, heterosexual, Christian man CANNOT engage in adultery or fornication. I must remain celibate until I am joined in the bonds of Holy Matrimony with a woman. The Bible says that the sexually immoral will not inherit the Kingdom of God (go to heaven).
You must repent of your sin of rebellion to God and accept Jesus as your savior. "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness: I John 1:9

If you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior, your sins have been forgiven and you will have eternal life.
Except that we cant accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Saviour, as He is the one who has accepted us in the beloved..

Ephesians 1:6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

Also He is the one who draws us, and it makes sense that he Has already accepted us, or He would be drawing us to Him for nothing ( vanity men speak and do.)

John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

1 Timothy 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Sounds like two separate advices you are giving, make your minds up.

Do we accept Jesus as our Lord and Saviour, or He has accepted us in the beloved, and He then draws us to Him. ( we do not need to accept, we are accepted, and Jesus has stated, do not deny it, He will raise us up the last day, for those He draws to Him/accepted in the beloved.)

Ephesians 1:6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
God rejected Esau but no Jacob. It's both. Jesus knows all so I believe he rejected Esau (for the birthright privilege of firstborn) because he knew no matter what Esau would never be fit for the Kingdom of God. A hug goes both ways, one accepting it and one recieving it and accepting it back. Jesus is the initiator and we are the recievor and accept it back. However I believe God does predestine some for some things and others for others.

God rejected Esau but no Jacob. It's both. Jesus knows all so I believe he rejected Esau (for the birthright privilege of firstborn) because he knew no matter what Esau would never be fit for the Kingdom of God. A hug goes both ways, one accepting it and one recieving it and accepting it back. Jesus is the initiator and we are the recievor and accept it back. However I believe God does predestine some for some things and others for others.
It is called the election of Gd, see below..

Genesis 27:41 And Esau hated Jacob because of the blessing wherewith his father blessed him: and Esau said in his heart, The days of mourning for my father are at hand; then will I slay my brother Jacob.

Malachi 1:3 And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.

Romans 9:11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)
12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

Hebrews 12:15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;
16 Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.
17 For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.

You do notice, Esau hated Jacob, and God hated Esau, it is equally balanced.

Also there is nothing to say, other than what God told us, God shows is only of God who shows mercy, on who He will and who he will, He hardens.
Exactly what I meant. Just like a hug (accepted or rejected)

The Questions and Answers forum is set up for people to ask questions and get answers from CFnet Christians. The rules as stated in the sticky at the top of this forum specify that answers must be focused on the OP's questions. Further discussion must be taken to a new thread. Please review the forum rules.

Exactly what I meant. Just like a hug (accepted or rejected)
How could Esau accept, a hug that was never given to him.

Genesis 25:23 And the Lord said unto her, Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels; and the one people shall be stronger than the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger.

Romans 9:12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.

Of course the perceived hug( of the birthright) had to be removed from Esau, and it was.

Genesis 25:29 And Jacob sod pottage: and Esau came from the field, and he was faint:
30 And Esau said to Jacob, Feed me, I pray thee, with that same red pottage; for I am faint: therefore was his name called Edom.
31 And Jacob said, Sell me this day thy birthright.
32 And Esau said, Behold, I am at the point to die: and what profit shall this birthright do to me?
33 And Jacob said, Swear to me this day; and he sware unto him: and he sold his birthright unto Jacob.
34 Then Jacob gave Esau bread and pottage of lentiles; and he did eat and drink, and rose up, and went his way: thus Esau despised his birthright.

Hebrews 12:16 Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.

Esau is not a return hugger, but a fornicator and profane, we cant be as him.

I can assure you He doesn't hate you. King David committed adultery with another man's wife and had him killed to cover it up, which is a good thing to compare yourself to if you're thinking you're so terrible.

The thing is, David repented and went back to walking with God closer than ever in spite of what he had done, and that's what you would have to do. If you don't make that kind of life choice, your lack of confidence before Him may be your undoing.

Read 2 Peter 1:5-11. I think it may be the answer to your problems, or at least by the sound of it anyway.

God bless,
- H
Hi H, I don’t think it’s a lack of confidence before God I think it’s more a question of Faith. That can be the size of a mustard seed if it is there it can grow.

Hi H, I don’t think it’s a lack of confidence before God I think it’s more a question of Faith. That can be the size of a mustard seed if it is there it can grow.

I understand, and good meeting you, but now this is why I referenced the passage that I did. Like a seed, Faith can die in the ground and never spring up if it is not encouraged and strengthened by other forces, and this is what Peter said the fruit of the Spirit produces in our lives.

5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue iknowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control 4 perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither 5 barren nor unfruitful in the recognition of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even unto blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins. 10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; 11 and so an entrance will be supplied unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

In short, the point here was that if we build the fruit of the Spirit into our lives, this builds confidence within us that our faith is more than mere words, but has instead become a truly life changing factor in our lives. Building those things within us confirms that we indeed have become God's children in conforming ourselves to His character, and this confidence strengthens our faith to the place that we no longer stumble in unbelief, but have made our calling and election sure.

Hi friend. I have someone close to me who is trans. Personally I have yet to find anything in the Bible that actually addresses gender transition - the arguments I've seen against it have been poor.
If you haven't sought God already, please do so. If it did turn out that you're sinning by gender transitioning, God will convict you of this while you draw yourself closer to Him. I would ask God before asking biased people who have probably not even researched the topic.
the bible warns of spending time around drunkards and other repentless folks

Proverbs 23:20 ESV​

Be not among drunkards or among gluttonous eaters of meat,

transgenderism is a modern term, in the bible the answer can be found by simply looking for homosexuality and terms that implies such. if someone has not yet repented, and they shamelessly go on to live in sin then its gods duty to lead them on the right path- or to remain with the devil. its a choice, and most people do not make the right choice.

the bible warns of spending time around drunkards and other repentless folks

Proverbs 23:20 ESV​

Be not among drunkards or among gluttonous eaters of meat,

transgenderism is a modern term, in the bible the answer can be found by simply looking for homosexuality and terms that implies such. if someone has not yet repented, and they shamelessly go on to live in sin then its gods duty to lead them on the right path- or to remain with the devil. its a choice, and most people do not make the right choice.
But clearly you, unlike "most people" have made the right choice. LOL!

Agreed! LGBTQ's have made a false god of their gender identity and their sexuality. They make themselves one-dimensional creatures when they do so. That's all they see and all they care about.
I don’t think that’s true. or at least I don’t think ALL of them are like that. I believe they just talk about it so much and make it a big thing because they want to raise awareness since they are minorities and losing their rights because of their sexuality and gender. I could be wrong though, but most of the people in the LGTBQ community whom I’ve met aren’t completely obsessed with their sexuality or gender and the ones who are, are just trying to raise awareness or express their freedom. of course there are people in the community who are completely obsessed with themselves because of their gender and sexuality and it becomes all they care about, but I think the vast majority don’t.

i dont believe being homosexual is compatible with being christian, youre trying to invert and damage gods creation, your body
homosexuals tend to base their lives around their lustful lifestyles, dressing up in womens clothing possesses them with lust, its degenerate and immoral. you have fallen prey to a demonic agenda of subverting mankind- by my experience you most likely have a severe hormone imbalance which tends to be near-imposible to reverse, maybe consult a doctor to get testosterone injections, in case you were born male, estrogen blockers

"The word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return."
I don’t understand- are you telling me I should or shouldn’t physically transition to the gender I align with?

also, i don’t think all homosexual people dress in women’s clothes, just ones that feel comfortable with their femininity. and why is it a bad thing for men to wear woman’s clothing? how does that make them lustful?

I don’t understand- are you telling me I should or shouldn’t physically transition to the gender I align with?

also, i don’t think all homosexual people dress in women’s clothes, just ones that feel comfortable with their femininity. and why is it a bad thing for men to wear woman’s clothing? how does that make them lustful?
i wont tell you how to live your life, but i will tell you that if youre male and you want to feel like a woman, then you are violating gods temple, your body. its unnatural and against god, and i will surely claim that theres a sexual basis for your desire to dress like a woman
whether homosexuals base their life around their sexuality is in at least 90% of the case true- at least if you speak to them online where they can be their true selves, many of them will even be provocative and downright offensive regardless of your religion, i dont really recall speaking to any homosexuals who had an hobby- for instance? the places i spend most time i tend to just block homosexuals as they tend to add nothing to conversations, they spam to get attention, disrupt the chat and act degenerate

i wont tell you how to live your life- but if youre trying to follow god you must repent, you gotta pick your side. even feminists are refusing to side with homosexuals!

i wont tell you how to live your life, but i will tell you that if youre male and you want to feel like a woman, then you are violating gods temple, your body. its unnatural and against god, and i will surely claim that theres a sexual basis for your desire to dress like a woman
whether homosexuals base their life around their sexuality is in at least 90% of the case true- at least if you speak to them online where they can be their true selves, many of them will even be provocative and downright offensive regardless of your religion, i dont really recall speaking to any homosexuals who had an hobby- for instance? the places i spend most time i tend to just block homosexuals as they tend to add nothing to conversations, they spam to get attention, disrupt the chat and act degenerate

i wont tell you how to live your life- but if youre trying to follow god you must repent, you gotta pick your side. even feminists are refusing to side with homosexuals!
oh okay! but I think you’re confusing homosexuality with transgenderism. homosexuality is being attracted to the same gender and transgenderism is not aligning with your biological sex. I’m heterosexual and transgender (female to male- meaning I’m biologically female but I feel more aligned with masculinity and would like to be seen as a boy) I don’t dress in female clothes, I dress in male clothing. does that make me lustful or is it okay? it doesn’t feel wrong and it makes me more comfortable to wear jeans and baggy sweaters. wearing women’s clothing makes me feel extremely uncomfortable.

where are you getting the 90% from? many celebrities are homosexual or transgender, such as Elton John, Miley Cyrus, Billie Joe Armstrong, Fergie, etc and they don’t make it their entire personality. and all four that I mentioned are interested in music and have other hobbies rather than “being homosexual.”

I agree, some members of the lgbt community can be attention seeking, but I don’t think all of them. I have a life outside of being transgender, I have a job, a girlfriend, a family, I play many instruments and make music as well as write poetry and scripts and right now I’m trying to get into college to become a firefighter. I thibk being transgender is a very small part of my identity. but I could be wrong, I don’t mean to be argumentative or disrespectful, I’m genuinely just trying to understand what you’re saying and what will happen when I die if I decide to repent to Jesus.

Out of curiosity, why do I have to pick a side? is it not possible to be both?

Back