Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I’m transgender- will I go to hell even if I have faith?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
My own personal opinion based on my understanding of Scripture is that gender problems probably need to be dealt with as spiritual problems not as mental health issues. Just…putting my own biases out there…I’m borderline antipsychiatry because of personal experiences so I think 🤔 most mental disorders are spiritual problems unless there is an identifiable biological basis for the problem.

Hey Alex, if you're still around, feel free to reach out via DM. There aren't many good comprehensive resources I know of for trans people of faith at this time, but I can point you to the stuff I've found over the years that led me to the conclusions I arrived at. I'll also ask around my circles for more general resources if you like.

Just a reminder that this is not a debate forum. Please address the OP only and start a thread in an appropriate forum to debate or discuss something said by another user.

Hey Alex, if you're still around, feel free to reach out via DM. There aren't many good comprehensive resources I know of for trans people of faith at this time, but I can point you to the stuff I've found over the years that led me to the conclusions I arrived at. I'll also ask around my circles for more general resources if you like.
I think Alex may have left the website, but in the chance that he is still viewing the thread or will view it at a later date, I'll add that I'm an LGBTQ Christian. I'm gay, but "side B", meaning that I am against conversion therapy and believe that people such as myself are called to lifelong celibacy because the Bible condemns same sex relationships. So being LGBTQ, I have also taken the time to acquaint myself with the issues regarding gender transition. If that helps you at all, Alex.

Let's remember that alex thomas is not asking if what he has done is okay or not. He is asking if because of what he has done, is he condemned without hope. He has also indicated in another thread of this forum that he is new to Christianity so there is much he does not understand. We need to take this into consideration.

My answer to his question is absolutely not! There is always hope for God is greater than our sin and your sin is not beyond Him. Seek Him with all your heart and let Him make you a new creation in Christ. You will begin to understand.

No one is judging you. Welcome to the forum. Second Corinthians 13:5. Examine your selves, whether ye be in the faith: prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus christ is in you, except Ye be reprobates? Repent sins to God and be forgiven. Convert to christianity. Next step. James chapter 1:5. If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that gives to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; it shall be given him. Ask Jesus for understanding and wisdom. You must study the bible. God examines everyone's spiritual condition. Is their any spirtual growth ?? Am I reprobate ?. When you take these steps one at a time. Your going on the right path. 1:6. But let him ask in Faith, nothing wavering. You must have faith. To believe God forgives sins by repentance. Will give wisdom and knowledge by asking in faith. Reprobates will go to hell. They're are two sides of the gulf. Paradise for the righteous. Sheol, called hell, for reprobates. God is a merciful God. You have to take the fist first step. I documented this, and carefully explained it.

I am a transgender person and I’m genuinly wondering what will happen to me when I pass.
Hi. The bible teaches that every human being is a sinner. It also teaches that God loves every single human being. We all have our sins and vices. That doesn't make you condemned for hell. If you believe and learn about Christianity, and when you pray ask God for forgiveness/mercy because you cant control having gender dysphoria.. you will go to heaven. <3

i mean not really. I feel like I’m not good enough sometimes or too bad of a person for God to love. I feel like he’s mad at me or hates me.

If I repent to God, does it count if I still don’t understand or necessarily agree with the things he’s done?
I know I'm late but I believe you are never done with God. God loves you so much Jesus died for all sins past present and future. Transgenderism is not unforgivable. You are not hated, God may hate the sin but not you. Just like a parent doesn't like a disobedient child's actions but not them themselves.

Now for things God has done I don't know what they are however God works all things for the good who love him and are called according to his purpose. If you truly repent, (change your ways, your old way of thinking, live a new life, take up your cross and follow him) of not just homosexuality, but all sin and leave it to God to help you day in and day out. HE IS FAITHFUL!!!

If you stay in sin unrepentant, then unfortunately the universal demand on God to remove sin needs to be executed, but that's why he's so merciful to convict you of this so you can change. Sin is like trash, and the trash needs to be taken out, then problem is that human beings want to go inside the trash can, however God soon has to take out the trash as He must keep his promises. But we offers everyone a free gift of deliverance and cleansing. Repent my friend, you won't regret it. And find support groups, especially for ex-LGBT people. Some good people I know are Beckett Cook, Jackie Hill Perry, and Christopher Yuan. There are plenty more who I don't know the name of but find some! And find local support because no one can do this walk alone.

Reactions: WIP
Hi. The bible teaches that every human being is a sinner. It also teaches that God loves every single human being. We all have our sins and vices. That doesn't make you condemned for hell. If you believe and learn about Christianity, and when you pray ask God for forgiveness/mercy because you cant control having gender dysphoria.. you will go to heaven. <3
And don't forget with asking for forgiveness must come repentance, a change of mind and heart or we will end up like the person Jesus talks about here in Matthew 12:43-45 "43 “When the unclean spirit has gone out of a person, it passes through waterless places seeking rest, but finds none. 44 Then it says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came.’ And when it comes, it finds the house empty, swept, and put in order. 45 Then it goes and brings with it seven other spirits more evil than itself, and they enter and dwell there, and the last state of that person is worse than the first. So also will it be with this evil generation.”

We must not sugarcoat Jesus Christ, he died so we can me free from sin, not free to sin.

Reactions: WIP
I think Alex may have left the website, but in the chance that he is still viewing the thread or will view it at a later date, I'll add that I'm an LGBTQ Christian. I'm gay, but "side B", meaning that I am against conversion therapy and believe that people such as myself are called to lifelong celibacy because the Bible condemns same sex relationships. So being LGBTQ, I have also taken the time to acquaint myself with the issues regarding gender transition. If that helps you at all, Alex.
Hello friend, I want to first ask you forgive me because I was quick to judge you when you said you were LGBT and a Christian. But seeing the rest of your post I admire you willingness to mortify your flesh for the rest of your life because you love Jesus. I may not be homosexual, but I struggle maintaining holiness in my opposite sex attraction mainly in my mind.

I wanted to add, that there are also resources like Beckett Cook, Christopher Yuan who I am familiar with that are good sources, and a simple search for books and testimonies will find many more. I wanted to say is that maybe your marital life isn't gone, look at Jackie Hill Perry for example, she was deep into the lifestyle but God saved her (she has a book called Gay Girl, Good God) and currently she is a wife to her husband Preston Perry and mother of 4.

If a person has faith, they will agree with all Jesus Christ has testified.

God calls us, not people, God directs us, not people, Jesus Christ is the faithful witness, the first begotten of the dead. ( not people of forums)

God saves us through the heart, it is what believes in righteousness.

If we believe that Jesus Christ is the love, that died for us to save us from dying for ever, we believe He is alive for ever more, and we know Him, who is love, and we walk in His love, being inside of us. ( love is more than talking, and answering, it is in power deed, and truth.)

Romans 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

1 John 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?
18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
19 And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.

Accepting Jesus as your savior is the only way to avoiding Hell and spending eternity in Heaven with Him. There is no other way. There is none righteous, no not one (Romans 3:10). Being a "good, moral person" is not enough. On judgement day, Hell will be filled with "good, moral people" who tried every other way but Jesus... and failed! When people tell you that there are many ways to Heaven, what they are really saying is that Jesus is a liar when he said "nobody comes to the Father but by me" (John 14:6) they are also calling Jesus a fool, because he didn't really need to tortured to death on a crucifix.
No one is good enough to make it on their own. Jesus paid a debt that He did not owe, because we owed a debt that we could not pay.

i dont believe being homosexual is compatible with being christian, youre trying to invert and damage gods creation, your body
homosexuals tend to base their lives around their lustful lifestyles, dressing up in womens clothing possesses them with lust, its degenerate and immoral. you have fallen prey to a demonic agenda of subverting mankind- by my experience you most likely have a severe hormone imbalance which tends to be near-imposible to reverse, maybe consult a doctor to get testosterone injections, in case you were born male, estrogen blockers

"The word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return."
Agreed! LGBTQ's have made a false god of their gender identity and their sexuality. They make themselves one-dimensional creatures when they do so. That's all they see and all they care about.

Accepting Jesus as your savior is the only way to avoiding Hell and spending eternity in Heaven with Him. There is no other way. There is none righteous, no not one (Romans 3:10). Being a "good, moral person" is not enough. On judgement day, Hell will be filled with "good, moral people" who tried every other way but Jesus... and failed! When people tell you that there are many ways to Heaven, what they are really saying is that Jesus is a liar when he said "nobody comes to the Father but by me" (John 14:6) they are also calling Jesus a fool, because he didn't really need to tortured to death on a crucifix.
No one is good enough to make it on their own. Jesus paid a debt that He did not owe, because we owed a debt that we could not pay.
Sounds like two separate advices you are giving, make your minds up.

Do we accept Jesus as our Lord and Saviour, or He has accepted us in the beloved, and He then draws us to Him. ( we do not need to accept, we are accepted, and Jesus has stated, do not deny it, He will raise us up the last day, for those He draws to Him/accepted in the beloved.)

Ephesians 1:6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Agreed! LGBTQ's have made a false god of their gender identity and their sexuality. They make themselves one-dimensional creatures when they do so. That's all they see and all they care about.
This is ridiculous. Lumping all LGBTQs under one banner of falsity shows the weakness of your faith. "For God so loved the world..." Why do you oppose God?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back