Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why wont God heal amputees?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Faith has TWO sections to it and we must check that we meet both conditions.

Condition 1)

Believe IN God. Heb 11:6 and without faith it is impossible to be well-pleasing unto him; for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that seek after him.

The second condition is also in this verse and that he is a rewarder of them that seek after him.

So God exists AND He rewards those that seek after Him.

The second part can also be called: Believing God.

So 1) We must believe IN Him
2) We must believe Him.

Here is the result when people only meet condition 1) and do not meet condition 2) as well:

Heb 3:17 And with whom was he displeased forty years? was it not with them that sinned, whose bodies fell in the wilderness?
Heb 3:18 And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that were disobedient?
Heb 3:19 And we see that they were not able to enter in because of unbelief.

All these Israelites saw the Pillar of Fire, heard God speak out of the cloud, saw the Red Sea part, saw countless miracles in the desert and they really, really believed IN God. They could not help believing IN God, because He was just everywhere and His power was all over them.

But they did not BELIEVE Him.

So we can clearly see that unbelief or a lack of real faith (by only meeting half the condition) can cause people to .........not enter.........into a promise of God.

Can you see that even though God promised them that they would inherit the land,in the end He did not allow them to enter into that promise?

Now who entered then?

Num 14:30 surely ye shall not come into the land,
(these are those who only had faith that God existed, they only believed IN God ) concerning which I sware (Here is the promise !) that I would make you dwell therein, (Now comes those who not only believed IN God, but also BELIEVED God )save Caleb the son of Jephunneh, and Joshua the son of Nun.

The Lord tells us that if we only believe IN Him, and we do not also BELIEVE Him, that we despise Him.
Can you see in this following scripture that God says Caleb followed Him.....FULLY.......because he met BOTH conditions of faith 1) and 2)

Num 14:23 surely they shall not see the land which I sware unto their fathers, neither shall any of them that despised me see it:
Num 14:24 but my servant Caleb, because he had another spirit with him, and hath followed me fully, him will I bring into the land whereinto he went; and his seed shall possess it.

The rest saw and believed in God but did not listen to His voice (they did not believe Him)

Num 14:22 because all those men that have seen my glory, and my signs, which I wrought in Egypt and in the wilderness, yet have tempted me these ten times, and have not hearkened to my voice;
Num 14:23 surely they shall not see the land which I sware unto their fathers, neither shall any of them that despised me see it:

So we can see that God is serious about faith and that we must meet BOTH conditions if we indeed want to be found in FULL faith. That is the reason why Jesus said the following. Of course He knew that there would be a lot of people believing IN Him at His return, so His meaning is clear: Will I find people who believe in ME and who believe Me when I return ?

Luk 18:8 .......... when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

Cornelius said:
So we can see that God is serious about faith and that we must meet BOTH conditions if we indeed want to be found in FULL faith. That is the reason why Jesus said the following. Of course He knew that there would be a lot of people believing IN Him at His return, so His meaning is clear: Will I find people who believe in ME and who believe Me when I return ?

Luk 18:8 .......... when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

OK I understand what you are saying about there being two requirements, but that doesn't answer the question from the OP. You essentially say the same thing everyone always does. That lack of faith is the reason for lack of healing.

Does one need more faith for the more complex the healing? For example if you want God to heal a slight cold you only need a little faith, but if you want a new leg you need a huge amount of faith.

I think that saying healing is real, and happens all the time, and would happen to an amputee, or burn victim, or someone with severe brain trauma too is wrong, and simply defies reality. There are amputees with plenty of faith.

So there are very few conclusions to draw.

God will heal everything. It's just that amputees don't have enough faith.

God doesn't heal certain types of problems so people won't know for sure he is real.

God doesn't heal anything. Some people get better some don't. Healings you see on TV or in those big tent revivals are scams.

I think that saying God won't heal any of the many amputee soldiers suffering in a hospital right now, but he will heal migraines, and colds and what not every day on the 700 club is mean and makes Christianity look bad.

Well I know of amputees that the Lord healed in South Korea during the 80s. It is not something that has never happened. This man missed both legs and went to challenge the pastor on this very point of the OP. When you read the testimony, it took most of the day, because the pastor lacked the faith for it in the beginning and prayed for faith (not for the healing ! in the beginning) Later, when God released the gift of faith, he prayed and in his words " It sounded like sticks breaking, and before our eyes, the legs started growing"

I also bring to mind two cases where the Lord replaced an eye (both were ladies) Both had glass eyes and He healed both by replacing the eye. One miracle took years of keeping faith in the Word. She just kept coming over and over to the Lord, whenever somebody prayed. One day, she said "Today is my day" and yes it was. God replaced the eye.

Telling this to people will not cause them to believe it. Most people will think these are lies. It is a scary thought that God will and can still heal amputees today...........it makes us responsible.

Jesus also definitely healed amputees (maimed)

Mat 15:30 And there came unto him great multitudes, having with them the lame, blind, dumb, maimed, and many others, and they cast them down at this feet; and he healed them:

You know what ! Nothing is impossible for God. He created everything from nothing. He has not fallen off His throne, He still can heal amputees today. But it takes faith from our side.

Mat 17:20 And he saith unto them, Because of your little faith: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you. (including praying that somebodies leg grow back )

If we believe God heals today and tomorrow He changes His mind..........how can we have faith that He will heal us ? Most people will not believe that God will randomly choose healing for them , because most people suffer from a low self esteem. So we had to create a back-up doctrine that will allow us to survive this Christian walk without having to really move into real faith.

I can tell you that real faith is tested. You have to endure the "bad report" sometimes you endure pain and discomfort before the healing manifests. I walked for one year with a bad tooth, before God healed it. During that year, I had to fight off doubt almost every day. I had to cast down my own evil imagination and replace it with the Word. I had to make a decision to trust the Word and not look at the pain. The pain would tell me the Word is not true, so it was a battle to stay in faith. But that is the road of faith. You must NOT trust your senses above the Word. Only then can God move.

Sometimes though , the battle lasts a minute or two. God now seems to heal things for me on a daily basis. LOL at 54 I need a bit more maintenance than when I was younger. :lol Last week I bit into my cheek while I was sleeping. I woke up in such pain...claimed the promise.....thanked God......the pain went away immediately and that was it ! Practicing faith makes it stronger !

blessings
C

Cornelius said:
Jesus also definitely healed amputees (maimed)

Mat 15:30 And there came unto him great multitudes, having with them the lame, blind, dumb, maimed, and many others, and they cast them down at this feet; and he healed them:

Cornelius

I wish you would study the Word of God first before you reply in this manner ! It is a false hope that you could be giving people !

The word "maimed" here in Matt. 15:30 does not mean missing or cut off ! It means crooked, as in crushed by a bus landing upon someone's legs. They still have their legs, but they are crooked.

The word "maimed" is the greek word "kullos" - and means -- distorted or crooked

Someone with missing legs or body parts , if you will, is the greek word - "anaperos".

This word is used in Luke 14:13 - "But when thou makest a feast, call the poor, the maimed (anaperos - lost limb or missing arm - body parts), the lame, the blind"

Now we need to read verse 14 - "And thou shalt be blessed ; for they cannot recompense thee : for thou shalt be recompensed at the resurrection of the just"

"recompense" here means -- "give in return". In other words - verses 13 and 14 is saying - give and it shall be given to you in return, at or after the resurrection of the just.

The reason I have shown you this, is because of your poor usage of words, when you assume something by just scanning over scripture , without giving it any specific thought.

Could Jesus heal the blind, sure, could Jesus heal the poor, sure, could Jesus heal the lame, sure, could Jesus raise the dead, sure. But nowhere in scripture do we see Jesus replacing a lost limb, nor any other lost body parts. So that others saw them grow back !

When Peter cut off the ear of the soldier, Jesus took the ear and put it back on the soldier. That is because the ear was not missing, nor had it gone back to dust. A miracle , yes ! But the ear did not grow back ! !

I really pray this "name it and claim it" nonsense that teaches one can manipulate God into healing them, any time, any day, would cease. Healing is akin to salvation; that is, The Lord saves whom He chooses to save and heals whom He chooses to heal. It's His will, not our will! Even Jesus knew that:

Mat 26:39 And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

I do not, or ever have, or will deny personal, healing miracles; it's those who make a spectacle out of it and display that which may not be from the Spirit of God.

Paul also spoke about deceiving signs. We all know the verses, yet some dismiss them. So, here they are again:

2 Th 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
2 Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2 Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

2 Cor 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
2 Cor 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
2 Cor 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

2 Tim 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
2 Tim 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2 Tim 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
2 Tim 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

Hmm, "... endure afflictions..." :chin

Mysteryman and Vic, very well said.

Agreed wholeheartedly. I spent a lot of time on a thread about this posted by FaithTransforms several weeks ago. In joining the boards, I was surprised by how many people believe in the "Claim it" gospel. Maybe not many...maybe just a loud voice here.

Cornelius said:
In fact I really do not care what you believe, because your are in fact denying the power of God.

Cornelius

Are you just going to make such a blank statement such as this , without biblical references ? I pointed out to you , from scripture, that your usage of a word was incorrect.

Even Paul stated that Epaphroditus was sick and near death - Philippians 2:26 But in verse 27 we read that God had mercy on him. Which means that healing and sickness is based upon the mercy of God. And Paul loved this man, as you can see by reading verses 29 and 30. Even Paul , points out the mercy of God for his recovery.

And what do you know of our believing ? We are just discussing biblical truths . While exposing unbiblical untruths. :ohwell

Brother, being sick does not mean you are meant to STAY sick. If you want to stay sick, then stay sick, its not my body. For myself, I have proven to myself that the promises of God is just that ..a promise. Ia m sure that is why He calls it a promise !

I get sick, but I overcome with the promises of God. If you do not believe that, then I guess that is your lot in life. Its not mine. I praise God for His grace to me. I see His power and I believe His power. I believe His Word is true.

Vic C. said:
I really pray this "name it and claim it" nonsense that teaches one can manipulate God into healing them, any time, any day, would cease. Healing is akin to salvation; that is, The Lord saves whom He chooses to save and heals whom He chooses to heal. It's His will, not our will! Even Jesus knew that:

Believing a promise is not manipulating God : its believing God.

Mat 26:39 And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

This verse is not about healing, its about surrendering to the cross. That we all have to do.

I do not, or ever have, or will deny personal, healing miracles; it's those who make a spectacle out of it and display that which may not be from the Spirit of God.

If you think testifying to the faithfulness of God is making a spectacle of it, then I am guilty.

Paul also spoke about deceiving signs. We all know the verses, yet some dismiss them. So, here they are again:

2 Th 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
2 Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2 Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

2 Cor 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
2 Cor 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
2 Cor 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

2 Tim 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
2 Tim 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2 Tim 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
2 Tim 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

Praise God, none of these are speaking of God's healing. Not a single word.

Hmm, "... endure afflictions..." :chin

Yes , we do have to endure afflictions like being persecuted for the truth. That I do.

Cornelius said:
Brother, being sick does not mean you are meant to STAY sick. If you want to stay sick, then stay sick, its not my body. For myself, I have proven to myself that the promises of God is just that ..a promise. Ia m sure that is why He calls it a promise !

I get sick, but I overcome with the promises of God. If you do not believe that, then I guess that is your lot in life. Its not mine. I praise God for His grace to me. I see His power and I believe His power. I believe His Word is true.

Cornelius

Will you please concern yourself with what is being discussed !

You missused the word "maime" and then went about claiming that limbs can grow back.

Scripture is suppose to support one's beliefs. You can not make things up !

I am sure that others, including myself have been healed because of prayer .

Remember what Paul said, that all power is of God, not you ! You must receive revelation before someone is to be healed.

Back