Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Wicca?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
My former pastor was attacked by black witches when he pastored in Boston. I mean they tried to blow up his car. They did everything they could to curse his ministry. They threw up a lot of roadblocks in his way using spells and the like. He overcame them by the Blood of the Lamb and the word of his testimony, but do not underestimate the power of witchcraft. There IS power behind it, all of satan's forces. Of course, satan has NOTHING on God and cannot truly hurt us if we are walking in revelation of the WORD, but it's no joke, and should not be taken as such.

faithtransforms said:
My former pastor was attacked by black witches when he pastored in Boston. I mean they tried to blow up his car. They did everything they could to curse his ministry. They threw up a lot of roadblocks in his way using spells and the like. He overcame them by the Blood of the Lamb and the word of his testimony, but do not underestimate the power of witchcraft. There IS power behind it, all of satan's forces. Of course, satan has NOTHING on God and cannot truly hurt us if we are walking in revelation of the WORD, but it's no joke, and should not be taken as such.

You know I believe you the supernatural world is there. Can i ask your opinion faith as you know a bit about it. Do you think fear ads to its effectiveness. What if you refuse to be scared of it and trust we have the heavenly host at our aid which we do.

Its funny you wrote that I was praying the lord send some witches some blessings and the holy spirit today so they may turn from it. I know them from a spiritual forum.

seekandlisten said:
jasoncran said:
actually pard is right, when i was talking to a witch, the time period i spent talking to her ( i was single and she was attractive) my neice got sick, car broke down, and and also my neice had nightmares, and a cloud of darkness would follow her.

And if you hadn't been talking to this witch, all of these occurences would have happened for a different set of reasons. It's like when I was younger and my friends told me they were playing with a ouiji board and got all freaked out because the light in the basement flickered. Lights flicker all the time so why are they associated with the devil with the addition of a ouiji board?

jasoncran said:
she cast spells, and was possesed and claimed that she lived three differents lives. she knew that i had psychic gifts, and encouraged me to use them. i wasnt totally set free from that stuff, then, but i am now.

Just goes to show you that if you believe in something enough it becomes 'real'. Our minds are quite capable of fooling us.

cheers
I only read the thread up until this post. I've heard some horror stories about Ouiji boards but never heard anything about Wicca going bad, in fact the law they live by goes something like "An' it harm none, do what ye will". Wiccans believe in worshipping a God and Goddess, and mother nature is a part of that. I'd go with an open mind, but remember you're a Christian.

I only read the thread up until this post. I've heard some horror stories about Ouiji boards but never heard anything about Wicca going bad, in fact the law they live by goes something like "An' it harm none, do what ye will". Wiccans believe in worshipping a God and Goddess, and mother nature is a part of that. I'd go with an open mind, but remember you're a Christian.

I would be hesistant just because if they're not worshipping God, it's idoltary, whether it's worshipping trees, kittens, or demons. It's saying nothing about the person but rather the force behind the person. If it's not God then it's evil. Plain and simple.

My mother had a friend who was a Wiccan for a while, but never had any supernatural experiences. Once she became a Christian though she started experiencing intense spirituatl warfare. She would wake up in the morning and in the middle of the night and have her furniture and items all moves around. Really strange stuff.

Keeping in mind that I am neither a Christian nor a Wiccan:
I see nothing wrong with observing the practices of another religion from a distance.
I see something wrong with asking someone to watch your ceremonies because they watched yours. While this could just be her(?) enthusiasm for her new-found spirituality, it seems a manipulative reasoning. If she had said "so you can see my religion and I can see yours, and we will understand each other better" or something to that effect, it would have seemed a bit more...sincere?
That said, I will defer to the judgement of someone who knows what the Christian god has commanded/asked/advised in terms of this sort of thing.

The bible is clear that we must flee evil. Wicca has its basis in Satan. A Christian needs to shun this stuff. We are the light of the world and don't need to have our light dimmed by tolerating evil in any way.

These people always downplay what they believe and that is part of the seduction and the deception!

Oh my gosh! I had a friend who was in to that stuff when we were in middle school. She had a book of shadows, a dagger and a voodoo doll. The first few nights I slept over her house....I couldn't sleep, it creeped me out lol. I remeber once she asked me if I wanted to become one as well, I was like..."nooo thanks" lol

I don't judge people for what they do, it's their life and I have no say about what goes on in it.

One if the reasons I was interested in observing was because then I could tell her with some authority that I do or don't approve - I'd know what exactly it was I was making a decision on.

I think this is a very dangerous statement for your friendship...taking authority. I honestly think she's wanting you to see what she practices and believes, and, if you go in with a discerning eye, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't at the very least observe. But, to take that authority upon yourself may damage the friendship. If you want to continue a friendship with her and be able to witness to her in any small way, I would be very VERY careful what you say to her. Take it from someone with experience, once that bond is broken, it can't be easily fixed.

A few thoughts:

Black Witches [who try to blow up churches, or whatever], are not real witches, but people who want to be purposefully offensive to christians, . . . probably their parents.

Wicca has a God, Goddess, and many have angels they use for "the quarters".

Wiccans do not believe in a "completely evil entity called Satan", as that is a christian concept.

Going to view a ceremony will not invite anything "evil" into your life. You have to be willing for that.

My brother, and his wife, are "witches" and I have sat in on a ritual before. I found nothing interesting about it, . . . .except maybe the candles, but I really like fire. I felt nothing "evil" at all. I've seen a few of them, in fact. I also had a moment when I [along with them and a couple they do the rituals with] messed around with an Ouija board. I felt nothing, even though the pointer moved, . . . I was convinced that someone there was doing it. Even if not, I sensed nothing . . . . . it was relatively uneventful.

After experiencing the rituals, I really didn't find anything in them that spoke to me, but my brother is into it. He was a christian, like myself, long ago, and told me that he started this path because God told him to, . . . the same voice he heard as a christian in church. I question that, but that was his experience.

But I like some aspects of Wicca. I enjoy the working of nature in their rituals, the candles, occasional bon fire, taking the time to reflect on yourself in what you want to get rid of [negative traits], and working on bringing in the positive ones. It isn't my path, but there are aspects of it that are kind of wonderful.

All of this just to state that when anything that isn't "christianity" is looked upon with SUCH a negative eye, how can you ever see the true good?

it takes practice to get good at the use of ouija board and also tarot card reading.

yrs and yrs on the tarot and astrology thing.

so i'm told.

I tried my hand at the Tarot as well. Rather uninspiring. :shrug

i didnt study, perhaps i can bug faith again and let her comment on this stuff , i have found her the encylcopedia on compartive religions if its eastern thought or new age , she tried it or reasearched it.

she has new age roomates and they tried to convert her and she told me that she laughed and corrected their arguement as they didnt even know what the chant ommm was.

The deck I used was interesting in that it had explainations already printed on them. They just didn't work for me. Trying to do a "past, present, and future" would give results that . . . were not very informative, nor correct, most of the time. It is just one of those "do it enough and you'll end up with enough true information". Probably about the same probability as with chance. A little fun to do with a group, though.

A few thoughts:

Black Witches [who try to blow up churches, or whatever], are not real witches, but people who want to be purposefully offensive to christians, . . . probably their parents.

Wicca has a God, Goddess, and many have angels they use for "the quarters".

Wiccans do not believe in a "completely evil entity called Satan", as that is a christian concept.

Going to view a ceremony will not invite anything "evil" into your life. You have to be willing for that.

My brother, and his wife, are "witches" and I have sat in on a ritual before. I found nothing interesting about it, . . . .except maybe the candles, but I really like fire. I felt nothing "evil" at all. I've seen a few of them, in fact. I also had a moment when I [along with them and a couple they do the rituals with] messed around with an Ouija board. I felt nothing, even though the pointer moved, . . . I was convinced that someone there was doing it. Even if not, I sensed nothing . . . . . it was relatively uneventful.

After experiencing the rituals, I really didn't find anything in them that spoke to me, but my brother is into it. He was a christian, like myself, long ago, and told me that he started this path because God told him to, . . . the same voice he heard as a christian in church. I question that, but that was his experience.

But I like some aspects of Wicca. I enjoy the working of nature in their rituals, the candles, occasional bon fire, taking the time to reflect on yourself in what you want to get rid of [negative traits], and working on bringing in the positive ones. It isn't my path, but there are aspects of it that are kind of wonderful.

All of this just to state that when anything that isn't "christianity" is looked upon with SUCH a negative eye, how can you ever see the true good?
A lot of these people, to really understand their beliefs is energy based. They believe in good and bad as positive and negative energies. They might view what we might refer to as a demon as a negative energy.

When I talk with them concepts of hell, god, demons and holy spirit can be a baffling concept. I have watched them try to churn it over in metaphysical concepts trying to understand it. I have said it before I have not found these people to be unpleasant in any way. and quite open to hearing about christainity and usually curious. I know when we talk to people the concepts us Christians are brought up in we assume everyone knows it like its common knowledge. some have never known it.

One thing I do know for sure everything deserves respect until it is understood. If it is fully understood and conflicts with gods word that is different.

Last edited by a moderator:
A Christian compromises when he or she accepts such an invitation. Here the OP has been given an opportunity to stand up for righteousness and the bulk of responders are taking about tarot cards and Ouija boards, etc...

She needs strong, Godly support to make a stand for Jesus, no matter what!

The friendship may end, but that person will know who to turn to when she is realizes she is lost and hopelessly caught up in the occult, and left completely disillusioned and desperate for hope and truth!

don't know if anyone realized it this thread started 07-25-2010.. its kinda fairly old now

Yes, Chris, I am aware of this fact. I would be interested to know if this person actually DID go to the ritual and what was learned [assuming that the person is even still on these forums].

As for the last statement in your previous post, . . . "One thing I do know for sure everything deserves respect until it is understood. If it is fully understood and conflicts with gods word that is different." Understandable, coming from a christian. Most of them harbor no ill will towards the christian message, they just don't have it as their path. I'm not talking about the teenagers who are doing it to be rebellious towards their parents. Most of them will end up back in christianity when they grow up out of their rebellion stage. The others, who are fully grown and have come to accept it on their own, that's another thing.

A Christian compromises when he or she accepts such an invitation. Here the OP has been given an opportunity to stand up for righteousness and the bulk of responders are taking about tarot cards and Ouija boards, etc...

She needs strong, Godly support to make a stand for Jesus, no matter what!

The friendship may end, but that person will know who to turn to when she is realizes she is lost and hopelessly caught up in the occult, and left completely disillusioned and desperate for hope and truth!

I think one thing we need to realize when talking about the occult and cult-like activities is that cults happen in Christian society, not only pagan and wiccan religions. Would you abandon a friend of yours if you felt he/she was involved in a cult-like christian "preaching" church?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back