Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Bible Study ðŸ‘€

Be offended if you want. I can't control that. Notice I used the word 'may' in the hope that you would not be offended.
It's not that I'm offended but that, if I have the choice between interacting with pleasant and unpleasant people, I prefer the pleasant ones.

But anyway, most Christians do not know what differentiates God's love from the only love we humans know, our human conditional love. God's love is unconditional and not selfish.

Uh huh. I know.

Then why did he create us ? I think God desires interaction with his creation, at least that has been my experience:).

Sounds like Calvinism speaking .

Moses spoke to God and God repented of the evil He thought to do unto His people .
Was Godly lonely without man?

I don't know where that conclusion came from when nothing hinted toward. Look at John 3:16, 1 Corinthians 13 for biblical examples. The difference between love and niceness is that love is divinely defined, but niceness can be molded by anybody.
I think you're missing the point. God's love and his unselfish desire for our good - like how a parent longs for good for their children, even to the point of tears - does not make him sissified.

Matthew 23:37

Luke 19:41-44

I think Voddie missed the entirety of the picture here.

Does desire going unfulfilled have to equate to loneliness?
My point is he is complete without us .

Lacks nothing .Adam desired a mate .

Does God need anything to be complete ,a helper ?

Answer no .he created because he wanted to .we need him .he doesn't need us .

In general we grow old die lonely if we don't procreate or marry .

God has no such problem

But this assumes there is some "standpoint" inaccessible to God, which would mean He is not omniscient. But if God is not omniscient, if there is some knowledge constituted of a "standpoint" that He doesn't possess, then He is not God.
Could God be a human without the mindset of God ?
Do you believe, then, that what God had intended to do in judgment of the Israelites was inferior to Moses' way, that Moses, as a contingent, finite, ignorant, sin-cursed person, saw better, more rightly, than God did? I hope not!
God did change his mind , that we are told . Don't you think the Israelites that escaped God' wrath would think that Moses had the better idea ?
Which was not a positive insofar as his standpoint diverged from God's. I think we saw God's mercy, and patience, and love of Moses' desire to protect his people from punishment in God's relenting in His judgment of them; we don't see something superior, something better, in Moses' pleas for the Israelites, though. To think so would be to enlarge Moses and diminish God.
This guy Moses , I mean who picked him to lead the Israelites ? ! ? Oh , God did , and I am sure there was a reason .
Lol! Most of them do, anyway. I can't speak for every person identifying as a Calvinist.
Limited atonement .

Could God be a human without the mindset of God ?

In the instance with Moses, He wasn't.

God did change his mind , that we are told . Don't you think the Israelites that escaped God' wrath would think that Moses had the better idea ?

Yes, God "changed His mind," knowing from before the universe existed that He would. This is how we have to speak about a God who is far more unlike us than like us, who has always known everything, is in every place in the universe simultaneously, and can do anything that it is logically-possible, and in keeping with His essential nature, to do. Inevitably, we end up talking about Him from our own frame of reference, using phrases and terms that we understand but that actually only approximate the truth about Him. I think this is the case with God "changing His mind."

It doesn't matter what those who escaped God's wrath thought about Moses' idea. God knows and has always known what's best. All His ways are right and true. To say otherwise is to diminish God and perhaps to think of God in a way that is false.

This guy Moses , I mean who picked him to lead the Israelites ? ! ? Oh , God did , and I am sure there was a reason .

Yes. But he was, as a result of his disobedience, kept from entering the Promised Land, remember. He was not a perfect man; he made mistakes - even though he was chosen by God to lead Israel out of Egypt.

In the instance with Moses, He wasn't.

Yes, God "changed His mind," knowing from before the universe existed that He would. This is how we have to speak about a God who is far more unlike us than like us, who has always known everything, is in every place in the universe simultaneously, and can do anything that it is logically-possible, and in keeping with His essential nature, to do. Inevitably, we end up talking about Him from our own frame of reference, using phrases and terms that we understand but that actually only approximate the truth about Him. I think this is the case with God "changing His mind."

It doesn't matter what those who escaped God's wrath thought about Moses' idea. God knows and has always known what's best. All His ways are right and true. To say otherwise is to diminish God and perhaps to think of God in a way that is false.

Yes. But he was, as a result of his disobedience, kept from entering the Promised Land, remember. He was not a perfect man; he made mistakes - even though he was chosen by God to lead Israel out of Egypt.
Before I speak on this post I did not get an answer to my question in post 2 , so here it is again .
What does it mean for God to be perfect? In part, it means that He needs nothing.
Then why did he create us ?

Then why did he create us ?
Well, the KJV says this:

Revelation 4:11
Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

But only a couple of other Bibles translate it this way.

Have you ever took advice you did not need ? I have often thought about what God knows about the future and I wonder If God left some variability in the in-between parts of the final outcome , with God's interaction with mankind being the wild card .
Well not quite, but we will never know why God does things as he does it with an infinite perspective and we assess things from a finite and human perspective. Other than the Spirit with Scripture we will never know.

But anyway, most Christians do not know what differentiates God's love from the only love we humans know, our human conditional love. God's love is unconditional and not selfish.
I don't know where from this thread or from the video where the inference of selfish human love can be brought up. Unless it's an evasion attempt from the realization that God isn't this tender frail dandelion as many picture him to be.

I think you're missing the point. God's love and his unselfish desire for our good - like how a parent longs for good for their children, even to the point of tears - does not make him sissified.

Matthew 23:37

Luke 19:41-44

I think Voddie missed the entirety of the picture here.
His point was that God doesn't need us, it's not that God is yearning for us and can't live without us and we are soooo essential to his mental health. NO!

God is a fierce King with Christ treading the winepress of the great wrath of God. I hate when people want to "Nice-a-lize" Christ because they don't want to accept his holiness.

Think about it like this, which love would you appreciate more, that of a thirst puppy dog person who's craving for your attention, or from one in authority who needs nothing from you, who is self-sustaining, and has all power in their hands, and who has the right to judge you and condemn you, BUT because of grace, loves you endlessly?

God hates sin brother, one sin, one selfish thought merits hellfire, that's the truth. And God, a righteous judge whom which death demanded us for atonement, took that punishment for us, not because He's some desperate puppy dog, but a truly loving God. You cannot truly appreciate the grace without knowing the wrath. Because wrath enables grace to be magnified.

On that cross he (Christ) held up high
Then the wrath of God was satisfied
SO that the love of God could be magnified!

Amen and Amen!!!

Back