Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study 1 John 5:16-17

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Anyone who does not (or did not, as in the Bible) recognize the life of Christ within, has sin unto death.
The state which we are born into is that position where sin is unto death. When we are reborn in Christ we are in the position where sin is not unto death, because Christ in us is life. Without Christ in us there is no life, there is no righteousness.

Was that the question cleanfreak?
It goes without saying that mankind were DECREED LOST from Adams sin on. Yet, how can anyone beyond BEING LOST ETERNALLY AS DOCUMENTED, now Sin the Sin of UNTO DEATH? They ARE ALREADY GONERS AT BIRTH!

As 'i' see it, one must first be as Christ DOCUMENTED TO NIC in John 3:3-8. First COMES BEING BORN AGAIN before the Sin Against the Holy Ghost is committed. (compare Heb. 6:6)

And as I see it? This ETERNALLY removes the OSAS garbage + that of rome!:screwloose

John 9:41 Christ said:
'.. if ye were blind, [YE WOULD HAVE NO SIN]: but now [ye say, We see], therfore you sin remaineth.'

--Elijah

Was that the question cleanfreak?
It goes without saying that mankind were DECREED LOST from Adams sin on. Yet, how can anyone beyond BEING LOST ETERNALLY AS DOCUMENTED, now Sin the Sin of UNTO DEATH? They ARE ALREADY GONERS AT BIRTH!

As 'i' see it, one must first be as Christ DOCUMENTED TO NIC in John 3:3-8. First COMES BEING BORN AGAIN before the Sin Against the Holy Ghost is committed. (compare Heb. 6:6)

And as I see it? This ETERNALLY removes the OSAS garbage + that of rome!:screwloose

John 9:41 Christ said:
'.. if ye were blind, [YE WOULD HAVE NO SIN]: but now [ye say, We see], therfore you sin remaineth.'

--Elijah

Your vitriolic & disrespectful responses to others on this board are shameful.
Ignorance is bliss only if you use it to accept others opinions that DO NOT have to jive with yours solely. Ignorance otherwise prevents one from learning & hearing others. One can be lost & alone in their ignorance/ & lack of knowledge.

I do not subscribe to any "original sin" doctrine. Read that & weep!
What all are born with is "sin nature" - that is- the propensity TO sin.

Back to 1 John 5:16-17 & the O.P.!

I just finished reading 1 John and came across a section I am a bit confused with. Can anyone give me a hand?

What does 1 John 16-17 mean? It talks about sin that does not lead to death and sin that does lead to death.

Hi, my last post was for your question here. (I might of had the wrong name there) First off the Scripture that is above that you give is for [A BROTHER]. And that means a personal relationship which being on a board with correspondance is not completely possible to know. So there can be NO MIND READING possibility! [Nothing personal by me at least!]

OK: Here is an old post done by me that 'might' help understand my view's at least of your question?

Psalms 19
[1] The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
[2] Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.
[3] There is no speech nor language, where [their voice is not heard.]
[4] Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,
[5] Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.
[6] His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there [is nothing hid] from the heat thereof.

[7] The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
[8] The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.
[13] Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: [then shall I be upright], and I shall be innocent from the [great transgression].

(Matt. 12:31-32's sin that has [matured] into total rebellion is any sin which is presumptously carried on while it is known to be sin. No Born again believer can go against the Holy Spirits Leading (Rom. 8:14) without grieving Him & finally quenching Him away for good, to where the 'hardened' conscience is just not possible for Him to reach any more! Christ gives more hope for the very Cold than for these Lukewarm ones of Rev. 3:16-17 +. Just think of the false doctrines of the Rev. 17:1-5 & the Broadway ones of Matt. 7 who have been teaching these foolish false traditions for way on past 120 years of the Holy Spirits STRIVING? And along with Noah's preaching in Gen. 6:3. And preaching the WARNING of a world flood!!? And it had never even rained up to that point in time! Yet, who of the today ones had or will change even one detail of their very presumptous 'Desired' Gen. 4:7 beliefs?

James 1
[14] But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. (sin is not 'consumated' at this point!)
[15] Then when lust [hath conceived], it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when [it is finished,] bringeth forth death.
(This is important to understand! it says lust, yet it is true with any sin as being defined by God in His Inspirition of 1 John 3:4 there is NO Sin except by Breaking the Eternal Law of God that He Himself has in Their Throne in Heavens Ark. (see Rev. 11:19 & Heb. 8:5) Being tempted is not sin, it is when one presumptously yields to the known tempted sin that sin is brought forth. And then in time this dangerous 'presumption' will find one [matured] in its FINAL FINISH.)

1 John 5
[14] And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
[15] And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

(even here we see asking according to His will, He heareth us! who even see's this CONDITION to answered prayer??
And the next verse is vital for understanding that one sin or two sins are not the final finished result of ones life! Yet, each & every know 'presumptious' sin does indeed lead to a deadening of the conscience, again we have the Inspired record of Matt. 7 + Rev. 17:1-5 + Gen. 6:3 & Matt. 23:38 & Rev. 3:9 with the whole church denominational folds! And 'us'?? where do we stand?)

[16] If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.
[17] All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.
(OK: All Born Again mankind sin. Psalms 19 gives this picture! We have Christ as our High Priest at present attending to these sins. And it is true that many sins of the REAL Brethern are done by babes in Christ & in ignorance. These are not sins unto death. Then we also have presumptous sins that are done, these also are forgiven when repented of & worked on. Now come the same sin of presumption done over & over again... these are what David prayed for God to keep him from, these dangerous [KNOWN] presumptous sins are the ones that 'mature' & 'lead to an FULL MATURE REBELLION'. Such as we see all over the place even while claiming to be Christ's followers. When one has every opportunity to Mature, that we End Time ones have, and we stand still or go backwards, we are in 'serious' presumptous trouble! Yet, these ones still look good to us?? See Luke 12:47-48 for who God Judges the worst offenders for & in hell's execution?

(Dan. 12:4 & while you are still there next comes Hosea, see Hosea 4:6 for these last day Increased facts.. when neglected or voided out!)

You name it!? God has given USA in particular, increased knowledge all over the place! And still we see Matt. 7 + Rev. 17:1-5, and AGAIN, ALL OVER THE PLACE! And MATURELY & SECURELY SET IN THE SIN AGAINST THE HOLY GHOST IN REBELLION & UNREACHABLE AS PER CHURCH DOCTRINAL FOLDS. And this is why God gives the Rev. 18:4 warning for just a very few who will still hear His Voice speaking to them.)

--Elijah

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back