Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

About money again

anger over what? what is the purpose of anger?

I explained that when I mentioned Jesus getting angry. It has many good purposes. Do you think God made a mistake when he gave us "anger"? sorry, that question is hitting a bit below the belt so you don't have to answer if you don't want too. :)

ego for those that think they are better then others when they win? no matter how much we win and say we haven't an ego there is the reality of otherwise. I have said that and seen others say that and seen otherwise.

That's ego out of control but you also know people who don't do that...right...they keep it IN control. God made us so those things are able to get out of control, it's part of this whole experience. How we keep those things IN control are what defines us as good or bad.

If Jesus wants to wrestle, so be it, sure, lol why not? I'm not going to be one to hurt his feelings just because he's the son of God and I think that may be below him. But competing against God or Jesus in particular are not what I really had in mind, I just think it will be a lot like it is now, we'll have sports...got no reason at all to think otherwise. It's one of the few things that can be done without being bad. Competition is a good thing, it makes us push ourselves beyond what we think we can do and that in itself can teach other good lessons.

Have you ever heard of "good sportsmanship"? that is sports without out of control ego.

What do you think we'll be doing in heaven? Church 24/7?

Last edited by a moderator:
I explained that when I mentioned Jesus getting angry. It has many good purposes. Do you think God made a mistake when he gave us "anger"? sorry, that question is hitting a bit below the belt so you don't have to answer if you don't want too. :)

That's ego out of control but you also know people who don't do that...right...they keep it IN control. God made us so those things are able to get out of control, it's part of this whole experience. How we keep those things IN control are what defines us a good or bad.

If Jesus wants to wrestle, so be it, sure, lol why not? I'm not going to be one to hurt his feelings just because he's the son of God and I think that may be below him. But competing against God or Jesus in particular are not what I really had in mind, I just think it will be a lot like it is now, we'll have sports...got no reason at all to think otherwise. It's one of the few things that can be done without being bad. Competition is a good thing, it makes us push ourselves beyond what we think we can do and that in itself can teach other good lessons.

Have you ever heard of "good sportsmanship"? that is sports without out of control ego.

What do you think we'll be doing in heaven? Church 24/7?
Yes there will be worship but honestly Im not saying there isn't good sportsmanship around today but if your goal isn't to win why are you playing it.is if my sport is in heaven mma.my goal us to render you unable to fight again.i have heard that being done without rules being broken .tbi in heaven? Idk. Choking to the point if passing out?

Hate,anger.so there will be hate in heaven?god has finished his judging and has directed his wrath at his enemies.so why would there be anger after the judgement?

Yes there will be worship but honestly Im not saying there isn't good sportsmanship around today but if your goal isn't to win why are you playing it.is if my sport is in heaven mma.my goal us to render you unable to fight again.i have heard that being done without rules being broken .tbi in heaven? Idk. Choking to the point if passing out?

Of course the goal is to win and no, don't choke people to make that happen, that would be wrong.
Now if you choose to do that in heaven, my guess it you'd be thrown out of the games, just as you would down here and now in say, football, there are many infractions that can get you thrown out for a period of time. The fact that can happen is no good reason to not have the games at all.

Hate,anger.so there will be hate in heaven?god has finished his judging and has directed his wrath at his enemies.so why would there be anger after the judgement?

I don't think God is going to lobotomize any of us. Sheesh, if we managed to get to heaven with all those possible shortcomings built into us, surely he won't take them away then.

Do you think he's will take away out ability to hate or be angry in heaven?

Of course the goal is to win and no, don't choke people to make that happen, that would be wrong.
Now if you choose to do that in heaven, my guess it you'd be thrown out of the games, just as you would down here and now in say, football, there are many infractions that can get you thrown out for a period of time. The fact that can happen is no good reason to not have the games at all.

I don't think God is going to lobotomize any of us. Sheesh, if we managed to get to heaven with all those possible shortcomings built into us, surely he won't take them away then.

Do you think he's will take away out ability to hate or be angry in heaven?
No.no sin .no need to be angry.so there is no mma in heaven?Greco-Roman Roman wrestling has chokes.legal

No.no sin .no need to be angry.so there is no mma in heaven?Greco-Roman Roman wrestling has chokes.legal

God will decide what's legal and what's not. I don't know every detail on what God will do but I don't have any reason to believe he won't allow sports.

You keep throwing all these little bad possibilities into the mix, common sense tells me he won't allow bad so, not a problem I even think about.

God will decide what's legal and what's not. I don't know every detail on what God will do but I don't have any reason to believe he won't allow sports.

You keep throwing all these little bad possibilities into the mix, common sense tells me he won't allow bad so, not a problem I even think about.
He wrestled jacob.therefore it's possible to have grappling in heaven.so you wouldn't ensure your challenger wouldn't want to challenge you again? I would. I hate soccer football ,baseball,etc but not martial arts.
so god would force me to play sports we despise?

so god would force me to play sports we despise?

These are very odd questions. :)

Why would you think God would force anyone to play sports anymore than he does now? I didn't even hint at it being mandatory, that is, if it will be allowed at all.

Jason, what exactly do you think heaven will be like? I mean some of your own ideas, not what we already know.

God cuts us loose down here and lets us do whatever we want, and in spite of that, some of us buckle down and don't do the things that God doesn't want us to do or at least to a point to make it to Heaven. Just the fact we made it to heaven should let God know he can trust us so, though there may be different rules to follow, I don't see why we won't have even more leeway to do as we want in heaven, or at the very least something similar to the here and now.

I think some of you are going to really be surprised when you get there, and in a good way. I've no doubt it will exceed my expectations.

Football in heaven? Angels vs Humans. Lol.

If its all about fun and games in heaven, if God pulled out his Almighty arm and challenged you to a fun arm wrestle would you take him on?

The NJFL.

Not all fun and games, just the fun and games part.

As to the question, I'd have to think about that one.....yikes!

Back