Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

ADAM and EVE

I find no forgiveness for this sin recorded in the Lords Book

What sin is this that was recorded in the Lords Book? David had killed a man to have his wife. And this plsm 51 was David's prayer to the prophet Nathan who accussed David of having a woman who had been another man's wife who David had killed in battle. God fogives ALL sins except not believing in him. ALL other sins are forgiven. A person who does not believe only in Christ as there Saviour can have any part in his Salvation plan.

I like the statemeant "up to the time that one can still be reached".............once a person dies it's too late. NO 2nd chances........."Now is the day of Salvation".....2 Cor 6:2

God Bless you as only he can do.

What sin is this that was recorded in the Lords Book? David had killed a man to have his wife. And this plsm 51 was David's prayer to the prophet Nathan who accussed David of having a woman who had been another man's wife who David had killed in battle. God fogives ALL sins except not believing in him. ALL other sins are forgiven. A person who does not believe only in Christ as there Saviour can have any part in his Salvation plan.

I like the statemeant "up to the time that one can still be reached".............once a person dies it's too late. NO 2nd chances........."Now is the day of Salvation".....2 Cor 6:2

David was a man of faith:

Hebrews 11:32 For the time would fail me to tell of Gideon and Barak and Samson and Jephthah, also of David and Samuel and the prophets: 33 who through faith subdued kingdoms, worked righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, 34 quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, became valiant in battle, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.

David asked for forgiveness:
Psalms 51

What man of faith who in faith asks for forgiveness of our Lord is ever denied? Where do we find any Scripture that tells us that anyone who seeks forgiveness in faith will be turned away?

Hebrews 11:32 For the time would fail me to tell of Gideon and Barak and Samson and Jephthah, also of David and Samuel and the prophets: 33 who through faith subdued kingdoms, worked righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, 34 quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, became valiant in battle, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.

Psalms 51

What man of faith who in faith asks for forgiveness of our Lord is ever denied? Where do we find any Scripture that tells us that anyone who seeks forgiveness in faith will be turned away?

only through Christ Jesus

John 14:6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Psalms 51

only through Christ Jesus

John 14:6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Only through Jesus

But an extensive study of scripture revealing how those worth are set aside for God’s Kingdom.

The answers are in a book “The Last Day” written by Robert Hern

Thanks all for the good reponses.............This is an intresting subject and has some implications Im not sure I understand.
Unless there is more to this sin then we think?

Yes I believe that there is a Lot more to sin then most people think.
I spent a LOT of my life wondering HOW one person could have brought down the whole human race. It made no sense to me, it didn't sound logical. But I didn't want to throw my whole faith out the window, so I just accepted it.

In time, I thought about something:

1) We live in a world of sin, and all of us have only known the sinful world - does this make us think it's not that big of a deal?
2) Look at the human suffering that is the result of sin: rape victims, children abused, murder, divorces, abortion, etc.... no WONDER God 'went nuts' over a 'minor' disobedience !

well sin is NEVER a minor offence
no WONDER God 'went nuts' over a 'minor' disobedience !
Sin leads to death.

""wherefore as by one man sin entered into the world and death by sin: and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned" Romans 5:12 .......This is what the scriptures say ........by ONE man sin and death entered into the world. And we ALL sin.............Thank God he forgives the sins of his people.

I didn't mean to say that sin is minor - I was simply saying that what WE think is minor, is not minor at all - hence my listing of what Adam's sin brought us: rape, murder, child abuse, etc....

All sin is forgivable if you repent and believe in the Son of God.

All is forgivable except denying the Holy Spirit or not believing in Jesus.

Question, were you in sin before or after you were born?

All sin is forgivable if you repent and believe in the Son of God.

A true statement

And who is rightous enough to repent?
Who seeks God?
Who does good?

The lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand and SEEK GOD. They are all gone astray, thay are all together filthy: there is NONE that doeth Good, no NOT ONE...............Pslm 14:2 and 3

Paul quotes this again in Romans 3:10 thru 12 There is NONE rightous, no NOT ONE. There is none that understandeth There is NONE that seeketh after God There is NONE that doeth good NO NOT ONE.

Who then will come to God? ALL he choose, justified called and redeemed. He included me and I hope you too. His Grace is amazing. God Bless you as only he can do.

Back