Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Age Gap!!!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

MerciG777

2024 Supporter
Would it frowned for a women in 30s to date a male 15-20 years age difference.

Any Bibical examples

I learnt Ruth/Boaz Probably had 40 years. Ruth 40, Boaz 80.

People in those days used to live longer too

Any Bibical examples

I am 16 years older than my wife. Apart from - very occasionally - being mistaken for her dad (😂) there are no problems. Why would there be?

What matters is the degree of love between the two persons. The opinions of other folk are neither here nor there.

We've been married for 32 years...and together for 40, come September.

I am 16 years older than my wife. Apart from - very occasionally - being mistaken for her dad (😂) there are no problems. Why would there be?

What matters is the degree of love between the two persons. The opinions of other folk are neither here nor there.

How did your famil8es recieve it

How did your famil8es recie

I totally agree but for us. I think it may make the men uncomfortabke and I have to respect that.

How did your famil8es recie

I totally agree but for us. I think it may make the men uncomfortabke and I have to respect that.
Both families were fine about it. This might not always be the case, but it was for us.

I've yet to meet a guy who felt uncomfortable about having a (much) younger wife.

I guess it's a matter of trust. The stronger the relationship, the greater the trust. But this is ever the case, irrespective of age differences.

I've yet to meet a guy who felt uncomfortable about having a (much) younger wife.

Given the Patriarchal system inherent in Judaism, early Christianity and Islam, I would say the man being the older partner is more natural to God's original design. It's easier for a man to lead when he is the one with more experience. But the responsibility then rests primarily on him to love his younger partner, and not take advantage of the situation.

In short, Merci, it's love that matters, and love between souls knows no age boundaries. So long as she or he is of marrying age, those who refuse to understand it may need to work a little harder on walking in love themselves.

When there is no longer much love in the world is when God will eventually bring this age to an end.

Both families were fine about it. This might not always be the case, but it was for us.

I guess it's a matter of trust. The stronger the relationship, the greater the trust. But this is ever the case, irrespective of age differences.
Yes it is amazing how the Holy Sporot connects people, we instantly fellowshipped, it reassures me that is looking out for us.

When I feel broken God sents the light.

In short, Merci, it's love that matters, and love between souls knows no age boundaries. So long as she or he is of marrying age, those who refuse to understand it may need to work a little harder on walking in love themselves.

When there is no longer much love in the world is when God will eventually bring this age to an end.

Thank you this message it is so enlightening at a time where we are saturated with the Earthly morals overtaking. Although I put God first, I feel so many things have gotten lost. So it is good to study the word and fellowship for confirmarion. Prayer is good but action matters too.

Yes the women situations I am discussing are for example there was women at my last fellowship 1 was 35 and married a man 13 years her senerior, it is a good union and even more better when God is at the center.

Yes both fully developed in adulthood.

I mentioned Ruth and Boaz because aside from age they both showed fruitlness, selfness, stepping out on faith, sought counsel of wisdom (Godly wisdom), they didn't act based on flesh.

Ruth put others before her own fleshly. Boaz showed grace, kindness and abundance. God is love and his beauty shines through in stories like this.

Given the Patriarchal system inherent in Judaism, early Christianity and Islam, I would say the man being the older partner is more natural to God's original design. It's easier for a man to lead when he is the one with more experience. But the responsibility then rests primarily on him to love his younger partner, and not take advantage of the situation.
Sadly abuse of powers comes from fleshly taken over/kingdom of darkness I feel. Giving in sadly. I guess heart of flesh can greed. So spirit over flesh.

This confirms Gods natural older is nature to us. Many women adult women from 20s to 50s find joy in older men mentally and emotionally, and I find not matter all women from all walks of life enjoy wisdom from a man as a position of leading.

Last edited:
I mentioned Ruth and Boaz because aside from age they both showed fruitlness, selfness, stepping out on faith, sought counsel of wisdom (Godly wisdom), they didn't act based on flesh.

Despite once worshipping other gods, part of the beauty of Ruth's character was her willingness to leave the gods of her people behind to worship his.

I was reading a little something on the story last night, and it states the following:

Ruth’s request to “spread the corner of your garment over me” (Ruth 3:9, NIV) had several meanings, each of which highlighted her desire to be a faithful part of the community of God’s people. The word for “corner” in Hebrew also means “wings,” so Ruth was asking Boaz: “Protect me like a bird protects her young; be my redeemer as God commanded in the Torah so that in your actions, your provision and your family, I will find God’s protection. And take me as your wife, for in your protection I will find God’s provision and protection.”

Agreed.

By the way. When my wife was aged 6, her school report read: Louise *loves* organising people!'.....Nothing has changed 😫. Bless her!

Agreed.

By the way. When my wife was aged 6, her school report read: Louise *loves* organising people!'.....Nothing has changed 😫. Bless her!
this is awsome just shows how some aspects of our personality grow with us and are natural.

God did state " I knew you before you were born, knitted in your mothers womb" some people have traits in them from young.

Any Bibical examples

Well, the Bible doesn't specifically have an age for when people are to find their spouse, (of course if their below 18 you gotta be careful because they aren't legal yet). But massive age gaps are a thing, but as long as it's led by Christ and not lust, it's fine. I know for sure an older woman dating a younger man would seem more acceptable to society than an older man with a younger woman (in my experience at least and what I've seen)

I'm 12 years older than my husband and our running joke is that when I was graduating high school he was going into first grade :lol. I'm 68 and he is 57.

What truly matters is the maturity between the two even when they first start to date. If God brings two together as one then no man can put them under.

I’ve heard that beyond 10 years a gap can cause problems. I dunno 🤷‍♂️ obviously that isn’t always the case and some very equal unions fail. I would think that a 35 year old lady marrying a 50 year old man would be less of an issue than a 20 year old woman marrying a 35 year old man. Even then context matters…

Back