Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Age of accountability is nowhere found in the Bible

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
To you and wondering you are right as it is inherited and not imputed. Thank you for pointing that out.

I wasn’t trying to correct you or trying to be right, as I didn’t know exactly how you were using the word “imputed”.

But anyway, thanks for an interesting thread.

JLB

So the children that get prayed over are saved and the others are not?

Is this what you're saying?

What exactly does the praying accomplish?

You believe we inherit Adam's sin...as in that it's imputed to us personally? Did we sin or did Adam sin?

I repeat then....
The catholics are right then.
We should be getting our children baptized AT BIRTH.

I never said these children are saved and others are not just because they were prayed over. It is only through their parents that have dedicated them to God and to a Christian upbringing that they hopefully would make a sound decision to accept Jesus as Lord and Savior.

Catholics are not the only ones who baptize a baby with water as many of us that are not Catholic have been baptized with water as a baby. It truly means nothing to baptize a baby in water as John's baptism was literal, but yet symbolic for cleansing after one repented of their sin, Mark 1:8.

I never said these children are saved and others are not just because they were prayed over. It is only through their parents that have dedicated them to God and to a Christian upbringing that they hopefully would make a sound decision to accept Jesus as Lord and Savior.

Catholics are not the only ones who baptize a baby with water as many of us that are not Catholic have been baptized with water as a baby. It truly means nothing to baptize a baby in water as John's baptism was literal, but yet symbolic for cleansing after one repented of their sin, Mark 1:8.
OK. But this is my point...
IF babies are born with O.S., then maybe they should be baptized?

I'm getting confused now as to why you started this thread.

To make myself perfectly clear....
I DO believe there is an age of reason...
Different for each person..usually around 12 to 14.
If God is a just God He cannot hold a person responsible for sin if they don't even know what sin is.

Some never reach accountability...God will be just with them too.

If a 2 month old dies or a 5 yr old dies...I believe they're going to heaven...

Because I believe we are not responsible for Adam's sin....only for ours.

Psalms 58:3 The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.

I think we should consider the teaching of the wheat and the tares.

He answered and said to them: “He who sows the good seed is the Son of Man. The field is the world, the good seeds are the sons of the kingdom, but the tares are the sons of the wicked one. The enemy who sowed them is the devil, the harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are the angels. Matthew 13:37-39

IOW, there are some human beings that are not the “seed” of the Lord.

JLB

I knew you were teasing, so was I.
No harm done, lol.

If you believe in 3 heaven ages, you should understand about the three earth ages also.

The Companion Bible has appendixes.
Guess you can Google it, it is appendix #146, The foundation of the world.
If interested.

I believe there is a gap, between Gen1:1 and Gen.1:2
God created the heaven and the earth.

And the earth was (became) without form(waste)
and void. Ruin

Was, Strong's #1961 Hebrew
Meaning, become

It could had been billions of years gone by, before verse 2

It became waste and desolate, during Satan's rebellion, the katabole.

Jer.4:23-
I beheld the earth, and lo, it was without form, and void, and the heavens, and they had no light.

I beheld the mountains, and lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.

I beheld, and lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.

I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the Lord, and by His fierce anger.

The whole land shall be desolate, yet will I not make a full end.

This is when the dinosaurs died.
Dinosaur bones have been found in the Tundra, near the north pole.
They found one , with buttercups in its mouth.
I believe God shook the earth, they were killed instantly.
The earth is tilted on its axis, 23 1/2 degrees.
If it was straightened out, we would have the same weather all over the world.

2Pet.3:5-6
For this they are willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water,
Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed by water, perished.

But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of Judgment....

The firmament was above the earth.
It was like the earth was in a big water bubble.
Like a greenhouse

Then we have the earth age to come.

I don't think I would trust the Companion Bible that was written by E. W. Bullinger as he acknowledged the Holy Spirit as guide and teacher of his own word, he did not believe in the indwelling of the Holy Spirit for the new creation believer. He even quoted and believed Bishop Butler who said the only way to study the word of God is the way in which physical science is studied.

BTW, dinosaurs also known as dragons as dinosaurs is a more modern word are found in scripture, Deuteronomy 32:33; Job 30:29; 40:15-18, 23; Psalms 44:19; 74:13, 14; 104:26; Isaiah 27:1; 35:7; 43:20; Jeremiah 10:22; 49:33; Micah 1:8; Malachi 1:3.

If you have ever been to The Ark Encounter in Kentucky you can see the dinosaurs that were on the ark. You can also look it up on the web.

We are getting off topic even though I do like our discussion, but yet another topic of discussion.

I think we should consider the teaching of the wheat and the tares.

He answered and said to them: “He who sows the good seed is the Son of Man. The field is the world, the good seeds are the sons of the kingdom, but the tares are the sons of the wicked one. The enemy who sowed them is the devil, the harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are the angels. Matthew 13:37-39

IOW, there are some human beings that are not the “seed” of the Lord.

JLB
You're talking predestination here.
You're taking away our free will.
Please reconsider...

Are we not given a choice to choose God?
That choice cannot happen till we understand what we're doing....

Please be more clear.
Are you saying God will know that they would grow up unsaved?

All babies are born with the sin nature,,,but they don't even know they have one...

I think Psalms 58:3 makes if perfectly clear and also that of Matthew 13:37-40 that JLB gave in post # 49 as not everyone is of God even in the womb.

The reason I started this thread was to show who are of God's own even within the womb and those who are not. It's all good and well wanting to believe a loving God would not cast a child into the lake of fire and am sure it will grieve Him to do so, especially when it repented God that He even created man, but did find favor in one. If not for Noah none of us would be here. Genesis 6:6-8.

You're talking predestination here.
You're taking away our free will.
Please reconsider...

Are we not given a choice to choose God?
That choice cannot happen till we understand what we're doing....

I will let JLB speak for himself, but if you read Romans 8:29, 30 I believe God already knew, which is what predestined means, who was going to be conformed to the image of His Son as He calls everyone, but not everyone will answer His call, Matthew 22:14.

I think Psalms 58:3 makes if perfectly clear and also that of Matthew 13:37-40 that JLB gave in post # 49 as not everyone is of God even in the womb.

The reason I started this thread was to show who are of God's own even within the womb and those who are not. It's all good and well wanting to believe a loving God would not cast a child into the lake of fire and am sure it will grieve Him to do so, especially when it repented God that He even created man, but did find favor in one. If not for Noah none of us would be here. Genesis 6:6-8.
I just reread Mathew 13 and it sounds to me that it's speaking of adults.

I'm not going to post it...
I've never heard this before and find it rather disturbing.

I will let JLB speak for himself, but if you read Romans 8:29, 30 I believe God already knew, which is what predestined means, who was going to be conformed to the image of His Son as He calls everyone, but not everyone will answer His call, Matthew 22:14.
I regret to have to agree with you....

I don't think I would trust the Companion Bible that was written by E. W. Bullinger as he acknowledged the Holy Spirit as guide and teacher of his word, he did not believe in the indwelling of the Holy Spirit for the new creation believer. He even quoted and believed Bishop Butler who said the only way to study the word of God is the way in which physical science is studied.

BTW, dinosaurs also known as dragons as dinosaurs is a more modern word are found in scripture, Deuteronomy 32:33; Job 30:29; 40:15-18, 23; Psalms 44:19; 74:13, 14; 104:26; Isaiah 27:1; 35:7; 43:20; Jeremiah 10:22; 49:33; Micah 1:8; Malachi 1:3.

If you have ever been to The Ark Encounter in Kentucky you can see the dinosaurs that were on the ark. You can also look it up on the web.

We are getting off topic even though I do like our discussion, but yet another topic of discussion.
Yes, we are getting off topic, but I was trying to explain to you where I was coming from.
Bullinger did believe in the indwelling spirit.
Just a Bible that reads as the KJV, with notes and appendixes, a Study Bible.
He was the only select few, that studied the older manuscripts.
Regardless, I gave you scriptures.

Job 40:15
Behold now the behemoth , WHICH I MADE WITH THEE.
Did God create the dinosaurs, with Job?
Isn't this after the flood?
Just another point, that we were in spiritual form before.

But to each his own.

Jer.31:29,30
In those days they shall say no more, The father's have eaten a sour grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge.
But EVERY ONE SHALL DIE FOR HIS OWN INIQUITY..

What about this verse?

1 John 2:2
2and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world.

Anyone care to respond?

Jer.31:29,30
In those days they shall say no more, The father's have eaten a sour grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge.
But EVERY ONE SHALL DIE FOR HIS OWN INIQUITY..
I also understand from scripture that we're responsible only for our own sins.

However, unfortunately! I also now understand what for_his_glory is saying.

I can't agree yet...still working on it.
Right now I'm reading some stuff on the net...
but I don't like to depend on this...

Grace and mercy - all children go to heaven.

Every one that passeth among them that are numbered, from twenty years old and above, shall give an offering unto the LORD. Exodus 30:14

God commanded those who were twenty years old and above to pay a ransom for their souls because anyone nineteen years and below were consider by God to be children and were under the protective head of the household. If he was only nineteen he was not old enough to pay a ransom for his own soul, he was still covered under his fathers ransom.

God will confirm this again in two other places of scripture. I am a firm believer in the "two witness theory," which is that there should be at least two scriptures to verify any Bible teaching that we use.

He decided to punish them by allowing them to die in the Wilderness. Israel was condemned to wander for the next forty years in the Wilderness while these people died. But God did not sentence everyone to die in the Wilderness. Along with Joshua, Caleb and their families he spared the children of those that had sinned against him. Anyone who was twenty years and older was condemned to die in the Wilderness because God held them accountable for their sin against him. But God in his mercy spared the children. Anyone who was nineteen years and under were spared and not held accountable because God saw them as children. Here are some of the scriptures to confirm this.

Num 14:29: Your carcases shall fall in this wilderness; and all that were numbered of you, according to your whole number, from twenty years old and upward, which have murmured against me,

We can tell that he would destroy those who were twenty and older and spare those who were nineteen years and younger but, how does this prove accountability? Maybe he just picked a random number to spare and went by that? Well lets look in Deuteronomy and see what it says concerning their accountability.

Deuteronomy 1:39 Moreover your little ones, which ye said should be a prey, and your children, which in that day had no knowledge between good and evil, they shall go in thither, and unto them will I give it, and they shall possess it.

This scripture is speaking of the same thing that we just read about in Numbers 14:29. It is speaking of all Israel who was considered by the Lord to not be held accountable for the sins of Israel. In this verse he says because they had no knowledge between good and evil. This clearly shows us that in Gods view anyone who is under twenty years old is insufficient when it comes to making decisions about what is good and evil. He did not hold them accountable for themselves.
I could not have written this any better. Well done, and I believe that gives an accurate Biblical description for the age of accountability.

for_his_glory ,
I don't know why you would write something which states one child would go to hell while another would go to heaven without giving an explanation other than our ways are not God's ways.

What point are you trying to make and what foundation are you trying to lay for future threads?

Back