Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

Allah and Yahwah

CherubRam

Judaic Christian
Allah is not in the bible and Yahwah is not is the Quran.

Alla, Allah, Alilah. "The god ascends," referring to the rising of the morning sun.

Yahuah, Yahwah. "Life Began." The meaning of God's name.

Mohammad did not know the name of God, so he used the name of a Pagan god.

Alla, Allah, Alilah. "The god ascends," referring to the rising of the morning sun.

>>>If Jesus spoked 'Aramaic language', then what he called God?

The Name of the LORD in the Old Testament was YHWH.

The Name of the LORD as revealed in the New Testament is Jesus.

HIS Name means salvation.

JLB

How can that be? First, “LORD” is YHWH; it stands in place of his name. Second, if “The Name of the LORD as revealed in the New Testament is Jesus,” then you are saying “The Name of YHWH as revealed in the New Testament is Jesus.” That is essentially saying that “The Name of God’s name as revealed in the New Testament is Jesus.” How does that make sense?

Third, God told Moses this:

Exo 3:15 And God said again to Moses, "So you must say to the Israelites, 'Yahweh, the God of your ancestors, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you. This is my name forever, and this is my remembrance from generation to generation.' (LEB)

Is that true or not?

Fourth, who became incarnate? The Trinity or one person of the Trinity? If one person, which one?

Mohammad was in fact a terrorist, criminal, and murderer whose entire life and teachings were based on victimizing innocents and indulging in mindless violence and massacre. He was a man who destroyed peace wherever he went, and in its place brought terror, carnage, and death. So how can it be a mystery to anyone that his teachings - the Quran - would reap a harvest any different than what the world is experiencing today?

Differences Between Muhammad and Jesus

Muhammad verses Christ Jesus

Said Allah hates those who don't accept Islam. (Quran 30:4, 3:32,
22:38)
Jesus said God loves everyone. (John 3:16)

"I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify that there
is no god but Allah, and that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah"
(Muslim 1:33)
Jesus said "He who lives by the sword will die by the sword."(Matthew 26:52)

Stoned women for adultery. (Muslim 4206)
Jesus said "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." (John 8:7)

Permitted stealing from unbelievers. (Bukhari 44:668, IbnIshaq764)
Jesus said, "Thou shalt not steal."(Matthew 19:18)

Permitted lying.
(Sahih Muslim 6303, Bukhari 49:857)
Jesus said "Thou shalt not bear false witness."(Matthew 19:18)

Owned and traded slaves. (Sahih Muslim 3901)
Jesus Neither owned nor traded slaves.

Beheaded 800 Jewish men and boys. (Sahih Muslim 4390)
Jesus Beheaded no one.

Murdered those who insulted him. (Bukhari 56:369, 4:241)
Jesus Preached forgiveness. (Matthew 18:21-22, 5:38)

"If then anyone transgresses the prohibition against you, Transgress ye likewise against him"(Quran 2:194)"
Jesus said, If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also." (Matthew 5:39)

Jihad in the way of Allah elevates one's position in Paradise by a hundred fold.
(Muslim 4645)
Jesus said, Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called Sons of God" (Matthew 5:9)

Married 13 wives and kept sex slaves.(Bukhari 5:268, Quran33:50).
Jesus Was celibate.

Slept with a 9-year-old child. (Sahih Muslim 3309, Bukhari 58:236)
Jesus never had sex with children.

Ordered the murder of women. (Ibn Ishaq 819, 995)
Jesus Never harmed a woman.

"O you who believe! Fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness."(Quran 9:123)"
Jesus said, Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth."(Matthew 5:5)

Ordered 65 military campaigns and raids in his last 10 years. (Ibn Ishaq )
Jesus never Ordered no military campaigns, nor offered any approval of war or violence.

Killed captives taken in battle. (Ibn Ishaq 451)
Jesus Never took captives. Never killed anyone.

Encouraged his men to rape enslaved women. (Abu Dawood 2150, Quran 4:24)
Jesus Never encouraged rape. Never enslaved women.

Demanded captured slaves and a fifth of all other loot taken in war. (Quran 8:41)"
Jesus said, The Son of Man came not to be served, but to serve." (Matthew 20:28)

Was never tortured, but tortured others. (Muslim 4131, Ibn Ishaq 436, 595, 734, 764)
Jesus Suffered torture, but never tortured anyone.

"And fight them until there is no more persecution and religion is only for Allah"
(Quran 8:39)."
Jesus said, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you" (Matthew 5:44)

Blessed the brutal murder of a half-blind man (al-Tabari 1440
Jesus Healed a blind man (Mark 8:28)

Ordered a slave to build the very pulpit which he preached Islam (Bukhari 47:743)
Jesus Washed his disciple’s feet. (John 13:5)

What are the Greatest Commandments?
"Belief in Allah and Jihad in His cause" (Muslim 1:149)
Jesus command, What are the Greatest Commandments? "Love God and love thy neighbor as thyself." (Matthew 22:34-40)

Demanded the protection of armed bodyguards, even in a house of worship
(Quran 4:102)
Jesus Chastised anyone attempting to defend him with force. (John 18:10-12)

Died fat and wealthy from what was taken from others in war or demanded from others in tribute
Jesus Demanded nothing for himself. Died without possessions.

Advocated crucifying others. (Quran 5:33, Muslim 16:4131)
Jesus Was crucified on the cross for His great love for all that all can have eternal life through Him, John 3:16

According to his followers: Had others give their lives for him. (Sahih Muslim 4413)
Jesus, According to his followers: Gave his life for others. (John 18:11 and elsewhere)

"Allah" is merely the title for God, meaning "God," and this is the arabic title. It corresponds to the Hebrew "El" which means "God" in Hebrew (Elohim is the plural form). In English, it's the title "God," in Spanish "Dios," in Latin "Deo," in Greek, "Theos." All those terms in different languages have the same meaning.

It's not the "name" of a pagan god. Muhammad understood there is one God, which is the same God as the Jewish God and Christian God. This is why the Quran contains some of the OT scriptures, albeit paraphrased and corrupted. BTW, they don't accept the NT because they traditionally claim those scriptures are corrupted.

Some people think that Allah is a different god than Yahweh because of many different ideas that Muslims have. But in Christianity, there are many different ideas also. Perhaps the main difference is that they don't accept Jesus as God the Son, even though many of them claim that Jesus is the Messiah. I think they have a different idea about the Messiah, and they certainly don't believe in the substitutionary sacrifice of Christ. One of their prime doctrines is that God can't have a son. Perhaps it's because they have a screwy idea about what it takes for God to have a son.

Essentially Islam is a cult, much like Mormonism or even some Jewish mystical cult like Kabbalah. Muhammad claimed to receive his revelation from the angel Gabriel, and we know that Satan disguises himself as an angel of light, which may have been a prophecy about Islam and Mormonism, since both Muhammad and Joseph Smith claimed to receive revelation from angels. Certainly the apostle Paul knew that, and encountered people who claimed to have revelation from God, but were deceived or were liars.

"Allah" is merely the title for God, meaning "God," and this is the arabic title. It corresponds to the Hebrew "El" which means "God" in Hebrew (Elohim is the plural form). In English, it's the title "God," in Spanish "Dios," in Latin "Deo," in Greek, "Theos." All those terms in different languages have the same meaning.

It's not the "name" of a pagan god. Muhammad understood there is one God, which is the same God as the Jewish God and Christian God. This is why the Quran contains some of the OT scriptures, albeit paraphrased and corrupted. BTW, they don't accept the NT because they traditionally claim those scriptures are corrupted.

Some people think that Allah is a different god than Yahweh because of many different ideas that Muslims have. But in Christianity, there are many different ideas also. Perhaps the main difference is that they don't accept Jesus as God the Son, even though many of them claim that Jesus is the Messiah. I think they have a different idea about the Messiah, and they certainly don't believe in the substitutionary sacrifice of Christ. One of their prime doctrines is that God can't have a son. Perhaps it's because they have a screwy idea about what it takes for God to have a son.

Essentially Islam is a cult, much like Mormonism or even some Jewish mystical cult like Kabbalah. Muhammad claimed to receive his revelation from the angel Gabriel, and we know that Satan disguises himself as an angel of light, which may have been a prophecy about Islam and Mormonism, since both Muhammad and Joseph Smith claimed to receive revelation from angels. Certainly the apostle Paul knew that, and encountered people who claimed to have revelation from God, but were deceived or were liars.
"IL" is Arabic and Aramaic for "God."

HIS Name means salvation.

JLB
"Lord" is a title, not a name. "The Lord" is the concealment of the name Yahwah in the Old Testament. Yahwah is our Heavenly Father The Holy Spirit.

Jesus: The English form "Jesus" was not seen nor spoken until after the year 1525,
when Sir William Tyndale a Protestant Reformer from Oxford, England --- invented it!

Christ name in English and Hebrew is "Yahshua."

God's name in Old English is Yahwah, and in Modern English it is Yahwah.

If Christ name is Jesus, then the word of God has failed.

Quote from pages 217 and 218 of the Brown-Driver-Briggs. Ref # 3068-69 on page 217.
Brown-Driver-Briggs on page 218 states that, "Many recent scholars explain יהוה‎ as Hiph. of הוה equals היה "

הוה hawah / HWH is hawah.
היה hayah / HYH is hayah.

Note that the vowels are all " a."
יהוה Yahwah

The vowels are "a" in the Brown-Driver-Briggs, the NIV Exhaustive Concordance, and the Strong's Exhaustive Concordances.

If you are right and I am wrong, then God's prophecy through Moses failed; and Christ words failed. Think about that for a while.

Jesus does not equal Yah.

Exodus 23:21
Pay attention to him and listen to what he says. Do not rebel against him; he will not forgive your rebellion, since my Name is in him.

John 17:11
I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name—the name you gave me—so that they may be one as we are one.

Hebrews 2:12
He says, “I will declare your name to my brothers; in the presence of the congregation I will sing your praises.”

Christ's name in English is Yahshua.

What is the name of his son
Proverbs 30:4
Who has gone up to heaven and come down? Whose hands have gathered up the wind? Who has wrapped up the waters in a cloak? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is his name, and what is the name of his son? Surely you know!

Yahwah and Yahshua.

"Lord" is a title, not a name. "The Lord" is the concealment of the name Yahwah in the Old Testament. Yahwah is our Heavenly Father The Holy Spirit.

Jesus: The English form "Jesus" was not seen nor spoken until after the year 1525,
when Sir William Tyndale a Protestant Reformer from Oxford, England --- invented it!

Christ name in English and Hebrew is "Yahshua."

God's name in Old English is Yahwah, and in Modern English it is Yahwah.

Jesus is the Name of the LORD; YHWH the LORD God.

Of this salvation the prophets have inquired and searched carefully, who prophesied of the grace that would come to you, searching what, or what manner of time, the Spirit of Christ who was in them was indicating when He testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow. 1 Peter 1:10-11

Every time we see an Old Testament prophet saying thus says the LORD, it was the LORD Jesus Christ, before He became flesh.

Example:

The burden of the word of the LORD against Israel. Thus says the LORD, who stretches out the heavens, lays the foundation of the earth, and forms the spirit of man within him: “And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Yes, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn. Zechariah 12:1,10

It was the LORD Jesus Christ, the Son who stretched out the heavens and laid the foundation of the earth.

JLB

John 17:11
I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name—the name you gave me—so that they may be one as we are one.

Amen.

The Father and the Son have the same Name. The Name above every name.

YHWH is said to be unpronounceable because Hebrew has no vowels.
How do we pronounce the name of God?
I suggest it is done with every breath we take.

Test it yourselves. When we are born that sound we make with our first inhalation breath. "Yahhh".
And our exhale, Wehhh.

The first and last breath we take in this life is the name of our Creator.

Isn't that glorious?🥰

Jesus is the Name of the LORD; YHWH the LORD God.
How can that be? First, “LORD” is YHWH; it stands in place of his name. Second, if “The Name of the LORD as revealed in the New Testament is Jesus,” then you are saying “The Name of YHWH as revealed in the New Testament is Jesus.” That is essentially saying that “The Name of God’s name as revealed in the New Testament is Jesus.” How does that make sense?

Exo 3:15 And God said again to Moses, "So you must say to the Israelites, 'Yahweh, the God of your ancestors, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you. This is my name forever, and this is my remembrance from generation to generation.' (LEB)

Is that true or not?

Fourth, who became incarnate? The Trinity or one person of the Trinity? If one person, which one?

Of this salvation the prophets have inquired and searched carefully, who prophesied of the grace that would come to you, searching what, or what manner of time, the Spirit of Christ who was in them was indicating when He testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow. 1 Peter 1:10-11

Every time we see an Old Testament prophet saying thus says the LORD, it was the LORD Jesus Christ, before He became flesh.
Why are you teaching Jesus Only (Oneness/Sabellianism/Modalism) doctrine (heresy)?

How can that be? First, “LORD” is YHWH;

Yes. That’s what the scriptures teach.

Jesus Christ is LORD; YHWH the LORD God.

It was Jesus Christ who spoke out of the mouth of the prophets saying … “Thus says the LORD”.

Of this salvation the prophets have inquired and searched carefully, who prophesied of the grace that would come to you, searching what, or what manner of time, the Spirit of Christ who was in them was indicating when He testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow. 1 Peter 1:1-11

• It is Jesus Christ who is coming with the saints on the Day of the LORD.

Then the LORD will go forth
And fight against those nations
As He fights in the day of battle.
And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives,
Which faces Jerusalem on the east.
And the Mount of Olives shall be split in two,
From east to west,
Making a very large valley;
Half of the mountain shall move toward the north
And half of it toward the south.
Then you shall flee through My mountain valley,
For the mountain valley shall reach to Azal.
Yes, you shall flee
As you fled from the earthquake
In the days of Uzziah king of Judah.
Thus the LORD my God will come,
And all the saints with You.

Zechariah 14:3-5

• It is Jesus Christ who we confess as LORD when we are saved.

that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.” For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. For “whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.” Romans 10:9-13

• It was Jesus Christ as the LORD God who stretched out the heavens and laid the foundation of the earth.

But to the Son He says:
“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.”
And: “You, LORD, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth,
And the heavens are the work of Your hands
Hebrews 1:8-10

Yes. That’s what the scriptures teach.

Jesus Christ is LORD; YHWH the LORD God.
Yes, it is what Scripture teaches, but what it doesn't teach is "Jesus is the Name of the LORD."

As my first point stated, which you quoted, “LORD” (I should have put, "the LORD") is YHWH. That is, everywhere we read "the LORD," it is put in the place of YHWH. So, your response "YHWH the LORD God," is a bit flawed. That is saying "YHWH the YHWH God."

It was Jesus Christ who spoke out of the mouth of the prophets saying … “Thus says the LORD”.

Of this salvation the prophets have inquired and searched carefully, who prophesied of the grace that would come to you, searching what, or what manner of time, the Spirit of Christ who was in them was indicating when He testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow. 1 Peter 1:1-11

• It is Jesus Christ who is coming with the saints on the Day of the LORD.

Then the LORD will go forth
And fight against those nations
As He fights in the day of battle.
And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives,
Which faces Jerusalem on the east.
And the Mount of Olives shall be split in two,
From east to west,
Making a very large valley;
Half of the mountain shall move toward the north
And half of it toward the south.
Then you shall flee through My mountain valley,
For the mountain valley shall reach to Azal.
Yes, you shall flee
As you fled from the earthquake
In the days of Uzziah king of Judah.
Thus the LORD my God will come,
And all the saints with You.

Zechariah 14:3-5

• It is Jesus Christ who we confess as LORD when we are saved.

that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.” For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. For “whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.” Romans 10:9-13

• It was Jesus Christ as the LORD God who stretched out the heavens and laid the foundation of the earth.

But to the Son He says:
“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.”
And: “You, LORD, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth,
And the heavens are the work of Your hands
Hebrews 1:8-10
You're teaching Oneness/Sabellianism heresy. Why? First, the Spirit of Christ is another name for the Holy Spirit, not for Jesus (the Son) himself:

Rom 8:9 You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him. (ESV)

Second, you are also equating Jesus with YHWH, but that is not what the Bible teaches. The Bible teaches that Jesus is truly God, therefore he has another name by which he was known from all eternity, YHWH, which is also the name of the Father and the Holy Spirit. All three are the one YHWH; that is Trinitarianism.

Third, is there any particular reason you don't want to address the rest of my post?

Second, if “The Name of the LORD as revealed in the New Testament is Jesus,” then you are saying “The Name of YHWH as revealed in the New Testament is Jesus.” That is essentially saying that “The Name of God’s name as revealed in the New Testament is Jesus.” How does that make sense?

Is that true or not?

You're teaching Oneness/Sabellianism heresy.

You are falsely accusing me because that is what your argument is reduced to.

Ad Hominem.

You are blatantly misrepresenting me.

Last edited:

Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian. And he led the flock to the back of the desert, and came to Horeb, the mountain of God. And the Angel of the LORD appeared to him in a flame of fire from the midst of a bush. So he looked, and behold, the bush was burning with fire, but the bush was not consumed. Then Moses said, “I will now turn aside and see this great sight, why the bush does not burn.”
So when the LORD saw that he turned aside to look, God called to him from the midst of the bush and said, “Moses, Moses!”
And he said, “Here I am.”
Then He said, “Do not draw near this place. Take your sandals off your feet, for the place where you stand is holy ground.” Moreover He said, “I am the God of your father—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.” And Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look upon God. Exodus 3:1-6

Is the Angel of the LORD a reference to God the Father or the Son?

And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, I AM has sent me to you.’ ”
Exodus 3:14

The Angel of the LORD said Hs Name was I AM.

Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.” Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by. John 8:58-59

Jesus says He is I AM.

JLB

Back