Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Alright, time for some answers

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Blood in a dinosaur tooth? You head them yourself, a "65 million year old fossil" should not have any blood in it. Can't say I'm not surprised, Atheists LOVE to expunge Christ from history.

Blood in a dinosaur tooth? You head them yourself, a "65 million year old fossil" should not have any blood in it.

Show us that. Many biological reactions take millions of years, in the absence of specific enyzmes. Why wouldn't there be remains of blood in such cases?

There are leaves, millions of years old, in some shales that come out green before oxygen rapidly decays them.

Now, if actual DNA was intact, or the enzymes still present and functional, that would be a surprise. But it wasn't so, was it? In fact, the "blood" recovered from such bones has so far been only a little heme, a fragment of hemoglobin.

But I'd be interested in seeing an example otherwise.

Is there anything of substance in the video?

The evidence seemed pretty conclusive to me, but I don't know too much about blood so I'm going to haft to applaud you on that one.

I really don't think that christian doctrines are on the minds of scientists in the search for facts. :confused:
No I mean among other things. Like in history class, they teach you that the Pilgrims established the Mayflower Compact. They forgot to mention the entire integrity of the Compact.

In the name of God, Amen. We, whose names are underwritten, the loyal subjects of our dread Sovereign Lord King James, by the Grace of God, of Great Britain, France, and Ireland, King, defender of the Faith, etc.
Having undertaken, for the Glory of God, and advancements of the Christian faith and honor of our King and Country, a voyage to plant the first colony in the Northern parts of Virginia, do by these presents, solemnly and mutually, in the presence of God, and one another, covenant and combine ourselves together into a civil body politic; for our better ordering, and preservation and furtherance of the ends aforesaid; and by virtue hereof to enact, constitute, and frame, such just and equal laws, ordinances, acts, constitutions, and offices, from time to time, as shall be thought most meet and convenient for the general good of the colony; unto which we promise all due submission and obedience.
In witness whereof we have hereunto subscribed our names at Cape Cod the 11th of November, in the year of the reign of our Sovereign Lord King James, of England, France, and Ireland, the eighteenth, and of Scotland the fifty-fourth, 1620.

They "forgot" to mention that entire part there! They also wont mention that Jesus was a real person they just mention that he "might of existed". One of the things that angers me the most is that a lot of Atheists love to expunge Christ from history, but yet the Christians don't expunge Atheism out of history.

the athiest world world view if taken as it should be and ought to be cant account for why evil exists and cant logically without borrowing from a thiest the definition of morality.

it cant account for intellegence and beauty at all.

the athiest world world view if taken as it should be and ought to be cant account for why evil exists and cant logically without borrowing from a thiest the definition of morality.

Umm, why not?

Well, sure it can! Hydrogen, an invisible, oderless gas -- when left to its own devices, produces life, evil, and all we see about us.

We just have to think outside the box here. What? Is it so difficult? I would imagine that people who believe that God sent his son to die and yet He lives would not have such difficulty considering what is presented in the video, right? They should take note of how enlightened thinkers handle things.

Quote from the 60 Minutes presentation at marker 9:55
Narrator: "She finally mustered the courage to tell Jack."
Jack: "She said she disolved the bone away and there were blood vessels.
Jack: "You know, I was like: SHOCKED!
Narrator: "How could that be?"
Jack: "How could that be? That's right.
Narrator: "The things Mary was finding inside dinosaur bones.
Unidentified voice: "Look at that!"
Narrator: "Blood vessels, and even what seemed to be intact cells pose a radical challenge to the existing rules of science; that organic material can't possible survive even a million years, let alone 68 million!
Like I say, when confronted with evidence that shows conventional thought is wrong, we "think outside the box". If there is evidence brought to light of material that can not exist (because it is thought to be millions of years old) we consider our alternatives, right?

Per marker 10:28 dialog:
Narrator: Mary, Jack and their team published their findings in a series of papers in the Journal of Science and were promptly attacked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, sure it can! Hydrogen, an invisible, oderless gas -- when left to its own devices, produces life, evil, and all we see about us.

It was created by a fairly amazing God, after all. But evil is possible only for those who have been given the ability to know what it is.

That comes about when one is given a choice. Which is why man is different than the rest of creation. Our bodies come out of that first creation, but our souls are given directly by God.

Evil is not created. It is much like darkness. Darkness is the absence of light where evil is the absence of goodness.

There are leaves, millions of years old, in some shales that come out green before oxygen rapidly decays them.

Correction. there are leaves dated in a particular manner that produce an age millions of years old. The question is: What do you regard as an authoritative means to date such a rock because you know you can't do a carbon 14 on the leaf... it has to be dated by the rock. I've seen too many assumptions to say that the leaves were "millions" of years old.

Here is the basis I place my assertion.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/med...ng-fossils-and-rocks/dating-fossils-and-rocks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hyper long video, with not a lot of substance as far in as I went. What do you think was the most compelling evidence?

Narrator: "Blood vessels, and even what seemed to be intact cells pose a radical challenge to the existing rules of science; that organic material can't possible survive even a million years, let alone 68 million!"

So, where do we get the idea that soft tissue can't survive a million years? Seems like common sense to me but...

Hyper long video, with not a lot of substance as far in as I went. What do you think was the most compelling evidence?

Well, it's been a few months since I saw the video, but he was talking about c14 and how the earth should be a equal Librium according to the guy who figured out the theory that is used to date organic material. C-14 dating is based on the earth being at equal Librium, and we're not, and the guy knew we wern't but just chocked it up to some error somewhere in his math. So doesn't that just throw a monkey wrench into the whole dating process especially when nobody can find his mathematical error?

Anyway, that was one of many things that were compelling. What did you think?

Narrator: "Blood vessels, and even what seemed to be intact cells pose a radical challenge to the existing rules of science; that organic material can't possible survive even a million years, let alone 68 million!"
So, where do we get the idea that soft tissue can't survive a million years? Seems like common sense to me but...
they cant and empirical tests have shown that to be a fact.

i have posted that info in the religion and science thread in this forum.

see the reasons why abiogenisis isnt even possible.

no life can come non life, its not possible.

The statement that life dosen't come from non life centers around our understanding of spontaneous generation. Spontaneous generation is where, say that mice spring from hay, and meat creates maggots. What we found that life forms don't just pop into existence from other matter. This was all figured out before modern understandings of micro Biology, biochemistry, and chemistry.

DNA on the other hand isn't itself a life form. Its a sequence of proteins and genes. These both fall under chemical reactions. Proto-cells are theorized to have formed from Amino acids bonding chemically. All organisms are built from the networking of cells working together. So the theory has its standing based on what we know of chemistry. The theory will go under massive change as we learn more and more about amino acids and how they form. So abiogenesis is more then possible.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back