Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

America will burn!

Revelation 17:1 "And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:

The "great whore" is a religion, while the "waters" represents the people that follow after the whore, or religion.

This "whore" is identified as "Mystery, Babylon", These bodies of water are peoples, and nations, tongues and languages right here on earth. This harlot is not the Catholic church, or any other church now in operation, but it is a deception that will so change your church, or any church, to accept the one world political and religious beasts. In the end, it will be the Antichrist's religious system.

If I hear or read another single lie that "Mystery Babylon" is a church, or is the Vatican, or is the E.U., or New York, or any other such nonsense:

I'M GOING TO TURN INTO THE BEAST AND START BEHEADING PEOPLE, STARTING WITH THE FALSE TEACHERS THAT SPREAD THIS "PLANT FOOD"!!!

There! I feel much better now. Thank you for your attention. :thumbsup

MYSTERY
Mystery is a wrong translation. Mystery is something that cannot be explained, but secret is something hidden. However, God explains it in (Rev 1:20), which means, the correct translation is 'secret' not 'mystery'. YLT and other literal translations give 'secret'.

BABYLON
Babylon means confusion because, God confused languages as in Gen 11:9. The reason why God confused languages is because, Nimrod which means 'rebellion', 'hunter against the Lord' which is again wrongly translated as 'hunter before the Lord'. So, Babylon will be a nation that hunts people who are in Christ to turn them against God, yet 'secretly' and unnoticed.

HARLOT
God called not just Jerusalem as harlot. Any nation/group of people who does not worship the true God, is a harlot according to God. Please refer (Exo 34:15). God is speaking about a 'new religion' to forsake God and it originates from this 'secret Babylon'. Could that be 'atheism'? Atheism where people hide themselves in 'no religion' is actually a religion which is so rapidly rising. (There is also another religion called Islam that attacks Christianity directly - I also consider this a possibility)

ABOMINATION
There are several OT and NT references that say about abominations. However, one specific verse gives the entire idea why God wants to punish this secret Babylon.
Lev 18:28 'lest the land vomit you out also when you defile it, as it vomited out the nations that [were] before you.

In short, it is a group of people who secretly turn believers into unbelievers and make them go against God to commit abominations.

Islam can be ignored here because they don't accept any other man as god (2 Thess 2:4), they don't secretly turn believers. However, if you take atheism, it is slowly creeping into nations and secretly taking over. In Australia, 25% of them declared themselves as Atheists - and I still worry about God's judgement on Australia - hope God will delay such a judgement. It's not just here, but everywhere around the globe, a new system called 'atheism' is secretly taken control in every space completely unnoticed. Things that are considered taboo like homosexuality are now considered as a normal lifestyle - what more abomination we require?

I am not saying this Mystery Babylon is America. What I am saying is, America has the potential to become a Mystery Babylon in near future than any other country in the globe - considering the recent events and it's military might.

In short, it is a group of people who secretly turn believers into unbelievers and make them go against God to commit abominations.

I am not saying this Mystery Babylon is America. What I am saying is, America has the potential to become a Mystery Babylon in near future than any other country in the globe - considering the recent events and it's military might.

I pretty much agree with how you put this,however it's not just America..It's all about deception and that deception is,satan pretending to be Christ.The whole world will believe the lie.It's not that they will be unbelievers because they will think they are following Christ.....That's the abomination

Could the New Age movement be in a position to be part of this religious abomination? I ask because it seems like so many false religions and philosophies, such as watered down Buddhism, neo-Gnosticism, self-help/pop psychology, etc., seem to be merging into one force. I mean, there are individual leaders of each component of this new mysticism, but they largely seem to agree with one another. Also, psychiatry and psychology have largely infiltrated the church, to the point that the pastor at a mega-church I went to recently went on and on about the importance of having a personal counselor, etc. I don't disagree with everything psychology has to say, but much of it is anti-Christ both in origins and in its current forms.

Sorry if this has been asked before. I'm new to the whole Biblical Prophecies thing.

MYSTERY
Mystery is a wrong translation. Mystery is something that cannot be explained, but secret is something hidden. However, God explains it in (Rev 1:20), which means, the correct translation is 'secret' not 'mystery'. YLT and other literal translations give 'secret'.

BABYLON
Babylon means confusion because, God confused languages as in Gen 11:9. The reason why God confused languages is because, Nimrod which means 'rebellion', 'hunter against the Lord' which is again wrongly translated as 'hunter before the Lord'. So, Babylon will be a nation that hunts people who are in Christ to turn them against God, yet 'secretly' and unnoticed.

HARLOT
God called not just Jerusalem as harlot. Any nation/group of people who does not worship the true God, is a harlot according to God. Please refer (Exo 34:15). God is speaking about a 'new religion' to forsake God and it originates from this 'secret Babylon'. Could that be 'atheism'? Atheism where people hide themselves in 'no religion' is actually a religion which is so rapidly rising. (There is also another religion called Islam that attacks Christianity directly - I also consider this a possibility)

ABOMINATION
There are several OT and NT references that say about abominations. However, one specific verse gives the entire idea why God wants to punish this secret Babylon.
Lev 18:28 'lest the land vomit you out also when you defile it, as it vomited out the nations that [were] before you.

Islam can be ignored here because they don't accept any other man as god (2 Thess 2:4), they don't secretly turn believers. However, if you take atheism, it is slowly creeping into nations and secretly taking over. In Australia, 25% of them declared themselves as Atheists - and I still worry about God's judgement on Australia - hope God will delay such a judgement. It's not just here, but everywhere around the globe, a new system called 'atheism' is secretly taken control in every space completely unnoticed. Things that are considered taboo like homosexuality are now considered as a normal lifestyle - what more abomination we require?

So I take it you didn't even read the links I presented? :nono2

These bodies of water are peoples, and nations, tongues and languages right here on earth.

No!

{5} How fair are your tents, O Jacob, Your dwellings, O Israel! {6} "Like valleys that stretch out, Like gardens beside the river, Like aloes planted by the LORD, Like cedars beside the waters. {7} "Water will flow from his buckets, And his seed will be by many waters, And his king shall be higher than Agag, And his kingdom shall be exalted. Numbers 24:5-7 (NASB)

{1} James, a bond-servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes who are dispersed abroad: Greetings. James 1:1 (NASB)

{1} "Come here, I will show you the judgment of the great harlot who sits on many waters, Revelation 17:1 (NASB)

The judgment of the harlot was the vengeance against the apostate generation of Israel that crucified Christ!!!

STOP TAKING THESE PASSAGES OUT OF CONTEXT!!! :grumpy

No!

{5} How fair are your tents, O Jacob, Your dwellings, O Israel! {6} "Like valleys that stretch out, Like gardens beside the river, Like aloes planted by the LORD, Like cedars beside the waters. {7} "Water will flow from his buckets, And his seed will be by many waters, And his king shall be higher than Agag, And his kingdom shall be exalted. Numbers 24:5-7 (NASB)

{1} James, a bond-servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes who are dispersed abroad: Greetings. James 1:1 (NASB)

{1} "Come here, I will show you the judgment of the great harlot who sits on many waters, Revelation 17:1 (NASB)

The judgment of the harlot was the vengeance against the apostate generation of Israel that crucified Christ!!!

STOP TAKING THESE PASSAGES OUT OF CONTEXT!!! :grumpy

Revelation 17:15 "And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues."

(There is also another religion called Islam that attacks Christianity directly - I also consider this a possibility)

How many atheists and Islamists killed the prophets and apostles of God??????

{24} "And in her was found the blood of prophets and of saints and of all who have been slain on the earth." Revelation 18:24 (NASB)

{34} "Therefore, behold, I am sending you prophets and wise men and scribes; some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will scourge in your synagogues, and persecute from city to city, {35} so that upon you may fall the guilt of all the righteous blood shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, the son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. {36} "Truly I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation. {37} "Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were unwilling. {38} "Behold, your house is being left to you desolate! Matthew 23:34-38 (NASB)

This isn't about us, people!!!

Revelation 17:15 "And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues."

Yes! They were the nations to which the Jews were dispersed from the time of the first captivity and subsequent wars!!! THEY ARE NOT THE NATIONS OF TODAY!!!

NOT!!!!!

They are the people of today.....

You can believe anything you want, but that doesn't make it true.

In order to believe what you've written, we simply have to ignore everything Christ said about judgment coming on that generation.

So either you're right or Christ and the apostles are.

My money's on them!

It is a religious system......the one world religious system that satan forms after the deadly wound to the one world political system.....

Exactly my point n2thelight. When I mention "Church" in my answer I do mean a religious system rather than a Church in Biblical sense. In fact, (mharold made the point also), the papacy is really a political-religious system, rather than "just a church". Which church has diplomats in almost all countries of the world. And which church leader is regularly visited and asked for advise by world-leaders (including presidents of the U.S.A. , the nation that guarantees separation of church and state in its own constitution)

You can believe anything you want, but that doesn't make it true.

In order to believe what you've written, we simply have to ignore everything Christ said about judgment coming on that generation.

So either you're right or Christ and the apostles are.

My money's on them!

So storm,what is for us?

Which church has diplomats in almost all countries of the world. And which church leader is regularly visited and asked for advise by world-leaders (including presidents of the U.S.A. , the nation that guarantees separation of church and state in its own constitution)

Which church killed the prophets God sent to it??? Which church crucified Christ and pledged allegiance to Caesar???

Which church stoned Stephen and beat James' head in with a club???

When you can answer those questions, then you'll know who the harlot is!

So I take it you didn't even read the links I presented? :nono2

I did.. but they seem to be wrong.

She's called a “great harlot.” Rev. 17:1
Ezek 16:60-63 " Nevertheless I will remember My covenant with you in the days of your youth, and I will establish an everlasting covenant with you. Then you will remember your ways and be ashamed, when you receive your older and your younger sisters; for I will give them to you for daughters, but not because of My covenant with you. And I will establish My covenant with you. Then you shall know that I [am] the LORD, that you may remember and be ashamed, and never open your mouth anymore because of your shame, when I provide you an atonement for all you have done," says the Lord GOD.' "

She's said to “sit on many waters.” Rev. 17:1
Num 24:7 which you quoted for Jerusalem is a prophecy about Christ.
Let me paste what it says in LXXE which is translated 3 centuries before Christ, and LXXE existed and used when Christ walked on this world.

Num 24:7-9 There shall come a man out of his seed, and he shall rule over many nations; and the kingdom of Gog shall be exalted, and his kingdom shall be increased. God led him out of Egypt; he has as it were the glory of a unicorn: he shall consume the nations of his enemies, and he shall drain their marrow, and with his darts he shall shoot through the enemy. He lay down, he rested as a lion, and as a young lion; who shall stir him up? they that bless thee are blessed, and they that curse thee are cursed.
Prophecy References for the above verses: Isa 9:7, Matt 2:15, Isa 31:4

She's said to have “committed fornication” with the king's of the earth. Rev. 17:2
Refer #1, where God provided atonement (who is Christ who came for ) for all that Israel had done.
Matt 15:24 But He answered and said, "I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

She's said to be riding on a “scarlet beast.” Rev. 17:4

She's said to be clothed “in purple and scarlet” and adorned with “gold and precious stones and pearls.” Rev 17:4.
Isa 1:18 And come, let us reason together, saith the Lord: and though your sins be as purple, I will make them white as snow; and though they be as scarlet, I will make [them] white as wool (LXXE).

Scarlet and purple represents sin. She isn't riding on any scarlet beast, but she is arrayed (or clothed) in sin.

She's said to have a “gold cup” in her hand “full of abominations.” Rev. 17:4

The cup of wine in the Lord's Hand as in Jer 25:15-17, clearly explains a sword or a war by this nation to other nations, where the other nations will be shaken which is through God. Babylon was a golden cup in God's Hands, where God was executing punishments and judgments to other nations including Israel through Babylon (Jer 51:7) but she fell at last.

In Revelation 17:4, this Mystery Babylon is also having a golden cup, but in her own hands (not like the old Babylon where God was having the golden cup) - which means, this nation is making war on other nations and shaking those nations at her own desire and will (which are not from God).

Hence, Mystery Babylon cannot be Jerusalem.

Just a little hyperbolic venting. I really do feel much better now. :yes
So do I. :lol

Storm, when are you going to realize that the Bible contains absolutely no references or even hints to who John was talking about in Revelation?

Me thinks the prophets of old were just talking to themselves. :shrug

*sarcasm intended*

Oh, btw, I thought this thread was about America? :confused

Storm, when are you going to realize that the Bible contains absolutely no references or even hints to who John was talking about in Revelation?

Yep. Nothing to see here. Move along, citizens. :thumbsup

Wait! That would mean they weren't talking to us, which would mean...

Oh, never mind!

So do I. :lol

*sarcasm intended*

Oh, btw, I thought this thread was about America? :confused
Well they definately didnt have any thing to say about the church. There is not a single word from the prophets that can be ascribed to or said to be cognizant of the church.

Small cost to pay for rapture .

() forever,,,well kinda er...

Back