Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

America's Role in the End Times

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Muslims wish they were Jews. That's why Islam was invented.:o
Oh goodness! LOl, I read through six pages to see if you posted and what you wrote. That's it? :lol

What will be America's role in the end times?

I imagine a board like this would have very many opposing views.

From my understanding, the Bible gives no mention of America when speaking of the end times, which means most theories would forever remain theories.

Nonetheless, I'm interested to hear what the Christian Brethren have to say about this.

Thoughts?
I don't believe the USA has any specific Biblical role in the end.

It could very well be that the Lord is done with nations ans is dealing with individuals and whether they choose the side of Good (the LORD, His kingdom and His Son) or evil (Satan and his deceived followers).

I see the return of the Messiah and the wrath of the LORD and the gathering of HIS chosen ahead (let the believer decide the order).

TL, take all the verses you feel are relevant to End Times and check out the commentaries of Adam Clarke.

Adam Clarke Commentary on StudyLight.org

Also check out some of Issac Newton's observations on End Times. Both men had a good grasp of the scriptures, their original languages and the history surrounding them.

I read much of their writings, though I'm still trying to assimilate the info. :yes

thanks vic i wanted a good resource on revalation so that i could dig into it.

and is that isaac newton as in sir isaac newton?

again that doesnt exclude the fact that the athiest/communist govt of burma.albania and the chinese kill us as well.

those openly state what they are.

i got a letter from here yesterday Persecution.com

Oh goodness! LOl, I read through six pages to see if you posted and what you wrote. That's it? :lol

It could very well be that the Lord is done with nations ans is dealing with individuals and whether they choose the side of Good (the LORD, His kingdom and His Son) or evil (Satan and his deceived followers).

I see the return of the Messiah and the wrath of the LORD and the gathering of HIS chosen ahead (let the believer decide the order).

TL, take all the verses you feel are relevant to End Times and check out the commentaries of Adam Clarke.

Also check out some of Issac Newton's observations on End Times. Both men had a good grasp of the scriptures, their original languages and the history surrounding them.

I read much of their writings, though I'm still trying to assimilate the info. :yes

Thank you Vic! I'm going to read through this. I truly feel that America will be so crippled during the Tribulation period that she will not be a powerful force or known nation and have little importance. Mesoptamia was the "craddle of ancient civilization" and the Bible seems to proclaim that it will also be the place where civilization will come to an end.

Dont call them antiisrael threads if you dont understand them.
I see that you support the beast as Jason does.Maybe you two can be good friends.
Not that I think you know what the beast is.Im sure you dont.But out of ignorance you support it.

I support Israel BECAUSE I love God. Even as I would have supported Babylon and Persia when they were operating under the sovereignty of God's will.
As it is written in Proverbs 21:

The king's heart [is] in the hand of the LORD, [as] the rivers of water: he guides it wherever he pleases.

All kingdoms and rulers are subject to the LORD's plan as he ordains their footsteps.

If you knew the scriptures, you would know the re-establishment of Israel as a world NATION was prophesied by Ezekiel according to the good pleasure of God. The prophesy of his servant Ezekiel was a TIME SENSATIVE prophesy ---Meaning God said exactly when in terms of years this would happen. Lo and behold, 1948 comes around and Israel is restored syncing up exactly with scripture.

Therefore you do greatly err.

Last edited by a moderator:
shiloh just so you know that i see isreals return as prophetic, i dont believe we should support them when they build thier temple. as hagee has in time past but that doesnt mean we should let the muslim nations have at them either

on that note the asyrian-chaldeans are christians that are in america from iraq.

No one is yet to address Romans 11.

Zechariah 12-14 also is future tense prophetic of the last days when God fights for national Israel against the nations which beset it as he fought for them in the days of Joshua. Have fun explaining that one away.

Israel has gone "A-whoring" throughout their history and will and do today. That doesn't mean they are utterly cast out forever.

What will be America's role in the end times?

I imagine a board like this would have very many opposing views.

From my understanding, the Bible gives no mention of America when speaking of the end times, which means most theories would forever remain theories.

Nonetheless, I'm interested to hear what the Christian Brethren have to say about this.

Thoughts?

Thanks theLords,

Great question.

A great many mainstream Bible prophecy commentators predict a future “revived†Roman Empire rising up from the geographic boundaries of ancient Rome. Nearly all of these same commentators tend to ignore the USA.

However, keep in mind that modern Western Civilization is an Atlantic community, divided between North America and West Europe, which descended from the old West Roman Empire. So, Biblical end time prophecies involving Western Civilization can apply equally to West Europe or North America. For example, Daniel’s “prince that shall come (Dan. 9:26)†might be European or American.

shiloh just so you know that i see isreals return as prophetic, i dont believe we should support them when they build thier temple. as hagee has in time past but that doesnt mean we should let the muslim nations have at them either

on that note the asyrian-chaldeans are christians that are in america from iraq.

:biglol Jason the Coca Cola Nazi! :wink3 :lol

This is an interesting point you posted Jason. Do you think it deserves it's own thread?

If the temple must be built so the Anti Christ can blaspheme God within it does that mean we should in fact support it's construction. Since this is the "will of God" and His prophesied plan?

Would opposing the construction of the temple be standing in God's way?

It's very interesting, isn't it? :chin

(where do I stand? I have no idea)

simple question do tell and support our children in telling them to sin so that they might be saved? the answer here is the same.

and here's another conundrum they jews took land from the locals by force. it wasnt given to them.

yes at first the local muslims wanted them to have it as they had a two state solution but i think we need to look at what really want on since we are never taught what was the cause of the isreali state formation

i know some of it but not all of it.

google this the white paper and also be advised that isreali has innocent blood on her hands due to certain villages that werent in the fight but surrendered and were wiped out.

the arabs covered it up along with the isrealis(even though it was rougue military ops that did that).

simple question do tell and support our children in telling them to sin so that they might be saved? the answer here is the same.

and here's another conundrum they jews took land from the locals by force. it wasnt given to them.

yes at first the local muslims wanted them to have it as they had a two state solution but i think we need to look at what really want on since we are never taught what was the cause of the isreali state formation

i know some of it but not all of it.

google this the white paper and also be advised that isreali has innocent blood on her hands due to certain villages that werent in the fight but surrendered and were wiped out.

the arabs covered it up along with the isrealis(even though it was rougue military ops that did that).

Yes, I have heard about that. The Palestinian terrorists "the thorn" in the side of the Israelis is there because the Lord wills it and I believe it's there for the reason you stated (and the sin of Abraham). Innocent blood cries out from the soil and the Lord hears.

At the same time, I have seen many Palestinian documentary's with newspaper clippings and such that stated that many Palestinians fled their homes in fear because of Palestinian "fear mongering." The account I heard was that the Palestinians tried to incite the people to stand up and fight by lying to them about some "murderous blood thirsty Jews and their atrocities" but it backfired on them and the people fled in fear instead.

Does that not sound like our God or what? He has worked that way so often in the OT!

Well, after that side note lol. I think you're right. The Lord doesn't need our help to establish His will on earth. As for me, I won't support the building of the temple, but I won't oppose it either. Standing in the way of God's will? No, thank you.

true. i do hear that the palenstines arent honest and theres plenty of hate to go around but to say that isreali hasnt done it share of hatin is wrong as they have also been guily. war is ugly and people will commit attrocities , does that mean isreal officially kills civilians , i dont think so as they do try to minimise it.

Ive not read of a temple being built.
Ive read of the abomination being placed in the wing of the temple.
The wing of the temple is the arms and hand of the human body.Thus the abomination shall be placed in the right hand.The mark of the beast.Hagee doesnt understand this.

Babylon not only worships the beast,she takes his mark as well.

Ive not read of a temple being built.
Ive read of the abomination being placed in the wing of the temple.
The wing of the temple is the arms and hand of the human body.Thus the abomination shall be placed in the right hand.The mark of the beast.Hagee doesnt understand this.

Babylon not only worships the beast,she takes his mark as well.

its a physical temple built as the abonomatation of desolation to the audience of the original hearers of matthew 24 were predomintaly jewish and givent that the temple that happen was standing then.

the lord refered to daniel 7 that speaks about that and that was the setting up of an idol of the zeus by antiochus and also the offering a pig on the alter.

when he said those jews then understood that to be quite literal.

LOL, even the great Newton believed in a physical Temple. But the Bible tells us the Body of Christ is the new Temple. :yes

John 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
John 2:20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
John 2:21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

Paul alluded to this as well:

1 Cor 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

2 Cor 5:1 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

of course i agree but that temple i speak of is in reference of the attempt to build the temple again and to reinstatute the sacrifices of the ot laws and the levites may come back.

its then i believe the ac then takes over and sits down in the temple and proclaims that he is God and to be worshipped then is when the believer then is to flee. if he is in judea.

as i do think the jews then will realise that he the ac isnt there messiah as they think he is.

Well I suppose I could have also just said "I don't believe the USA has any specific Biblical role in the end.":thumbsup
Western Civilization though? Perhaps! So far it has been the most effective mechanism for the spread of Christianity throughout the world. It's interesting that the State of Israel as well as Judaism itself are integrated within the culture of the West.

its a physical temple built as the abonomatation of desolation to the audience of the original hearers of matthew 24 were predomintaly jewish and givent that the temple that happen was standing then.

the lord refered to daniel 7 that speaks about that and that was the setting up of an idol of the zeus by antiochus and also the offering a pig on the alter.

when he said those jews then understood that to be quite literal.

Jesus wasnt speaking to them about it so that they could understand.He is speaking to those who are in Judea when it happens so that they will flee.He even said as much."when you see the abomination of desolation".
Jesus wasnt speaking to those people 2000 years ago .He is speaking to those who see it when it happens.
And I dont expect the antichrist jews are going to pay him any mind.
And no Jason.Its not a building,The temple is the body.
One huge problem you have understanding the time of the end is you dont know whats what.
You exclude the prophecies and terms used in the book of revelation when you speak of the book of Daniel and then you exclude the prophecies and terms Daniel used when you speak of the book of revelation.

Both books are speaking of the same events ,yet you cant understand that.

Jesus wasnt speaking to them about it so that they could understand.He is speaking to those who are in Judea when it happens so that they will flee.He even said as much."when you see the abomination of desolation".
Jesus wasnt speaking to those people 2000 years ago .He is speaking to those who see it when it happens.
And no Jason.Its not a building,The temple is the body.
One huge problem you have understanding the time of the end is you dont know whats what.
You exclude the prophecies and terms used in the book of revelation when you speaking of the book of Daniel and then you exclude the prophecies and terms Daniel used when you speaking of the book of revelation.

Both books are speaking of the same events ,yet you cant understand that.

no they arent history said that the man antiochus ephines IV came and did what built the abonomation of desolation
alludes to.

antiochus ephines IV live after daniel

Antiochus Epiphanes was a great persecutor of the Jewish people. The apocryphal books of 1 and 2 Maccabees describe how he tried to stamp out Jewish religion, and in so doing slaughtered thousands of Jewish men, women, and children. In one of the worst acts in Jewish history, Antiochus desecrated the Temple by slaughtering a pig on the altar, forcing the priests to eat pork, and setting up an idol to Zeus. The Jews then abandoned the Temple, not wishing to go into a defiled place. That put a halt to the daily sacrifices (as predicted by Daniel 11:31), until the Jews regained control of the Temple during the Maccabean revolution.

no then if isreal is the beast problem

the book of revalation 4:1 says this come up hither and i will show things to come.

so that beast coming from the seas having the head was after the fall of revalation, since isreal already fell it can't be isreal since isreal was already done by the vision or writing of revalation thus that wound wasnt a past but a future thing.

things to come means this will happen in the future.

jerusalem fell by 70 and revalation was written by 100 ad.

as john had to send it to the 7 churches in achia.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back