Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

An Open Debate on the Trinity with JLB

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Christ openly identified his Father as the ONLY god.
John 5:44- How can you believe when you accept glory from one another and do not seek the glory that comes from the one who alone is God?
John 17:3- Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

Now, let's see where you can add Two others- Jesus himself, and the 'Holy Ghost-god'!

John 5:44- How can you believe when you accept glory from one another and do not seek the glory that comes from the one who alone is God?
John 17:3- Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

Now, let's see where you can add Two others- Jesus himself, and the 'Holy Ghost-god'!

Which version of the Bible are you using?

I’m using the NKJV, as stated in my signature line.

Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”
Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by. John :58-59

• Then they took up stones to throw at Him;

Why did these Jews take up stones to throw at Him, for saying He was I AM ?

This is a reference to Exodus 3:14-15.

And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, I AM has sent me to you.’ ” Moreover God said to Moses, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel: ‘The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you. This is My name forever, and this is My memorial to all generations.’ Exodus 3:14-15

Who was speaking to Moses in this passage?

JLB

Thank you, JLB! I thought you would simply delete me!
Are you going to question your belief, as I once did as a Catholic- or just go along with Church Tradition?

(I use any translation other than the NWT, since your minds have been poisoned against it.)

Again, please just use scripture, and not the Watch Tower organization’s cartoons.

I have never been Catholic and don’t agree with their teachings.

JLB

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, lets take you first foray - John 8:58!
Don't you think it strange that Jesus should answer with e-bonics, instead of answering the question?
Don't you think it strange that even Judas used "ego eimi" at Matt 26:22, many of the apostles and disciples- and nowhere else is it translated as the Symbolic Name God used only one time at Ex 3?

Most translations don't past the Stink Test....

https://exodus-314.com/part-i/exodus-314-in-early-jewish-and-christian-translations/ explains how the mysterious term is understood. God REVEALED his Name shortly thereafter, and said it would be so FOREVER, despite what lying translations say...

Ex 3:14- And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.
15- And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel,

>>> Jehovah, <<<
the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you:

>>> this is my name FOREVER, <<<

and this is my memorial unto all generations.

Neither Judiasm, Koine Greek, nor the foul Trinity Dogma can change that.
FINALLY, the Name "Jesus" in Hebrew means "the Salvation of JEHOVAH"!
Thus, REAL Christians honor BOTH names, while churchoids just PRETEND to honor one...

THIS is what Jesus taught the Jews as to who he REALLY was-

Mark 12: 1- Jesus then began to speak to them in parables:
"A man planted a vineyard. He put a wall around it, dug a pit for the winepress and built a watchtower.
Then he rented the vineyard to some farmers and moved to another place.
2- At harvest time he sent a servant to the tenants to collect from them some of the fruit of
the vineyard.
3- But they seized him, beat him and sent him away empty-handed.
4 Then he sent another servant to them; they struck this man on the head and treated him shamefully.
5- He sent still another, and that one they killed. He sent many others; some of them they beat, others they killed.
6- "He had one left to send, a son, whom he loved. He sent - him last of all, saying, 'They will
respect my son.'
7- But the tenants said to one another, 'This is the heir. Come, let's kill him, and the inheritance will be ours.'
8- So they took him and killed him, and threw him out of the vineyard.
9 - What then will the owner of the vineyard do? He will come and kill those tenants and give the vineyard
to others.

They didn't kill the OWNER, but killed his son. CHURCHianity claims they 'killed' one of three Owners (or One of Them!

Jesus was a SERVANT of Jehovah Himself (not 'Themselves"), and no amount of mistranslations can erase that!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, lets take you first foray - John 8:58!
Don't you think it strange that Jesus should answer with e-bonics, instead of answering the question?
Don't you think it strange that even Judas used "ego eimi" at Matt 26:22, many of the apostles and disciples- and nowhere else is it translated as the Symbolic Name God used only one time at Ex 3?

Most translations don't past the Stink Test....

Sorry but your post doesnt make sense, nor does it adress the scriptures I posted, nor does it answer my question.

Try it again.

Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”
Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by. John 8:58-59

• Then they took up stones to throw at Him;

Why did these Jews take up stones to throw at Him, for saying He was I AM ?

This is a reference to Exodus 3:14-15.

And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, I AM has sent me to you.’ ” Moreover God said to Moses, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel: ‘The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you. This is My name forever, and this is My memorial to all generations.’ Exodus 3:14-15

The words of Christ : "I existed" instead of "I am", the words of Jehovah "I will prove to be".
CONTRARY to your translation of the Bible.

Did you miss the fact that Judas said the same words of himself as John 8:58- "ego eimi"?

But, to consider your viewpoint, did Jesus claim to be the One who sent him forth? The One who commanded him, the one who taught him, and the One he came to serve? (Or Two of Them)?

The words of Christ : "I existed" instead of "I am", the words of Jehovah "I will prove to be".
CONTRARY to your translation of the Bible.

Did you miss the fact that Judas said the same words of himself as John 8:58- "ego eimi"?

Why did the Jews pick up stones to stone Jesus for saying...

Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.

https://exodus-314.com/part-i/exodus-314-in-early-jewish-and-christian-translations/ explains how the mysterious term is understood. God REVEALED his Name shortly thereafter, and said it would be so FOREVER, despite what lying translations say...

Ex 3:14- And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.
15- And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel,

>>> Jehovah, <<<
the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you:

>>> this is my name FOREVER, <<<

and this is my memorial unto all generations.

Neither Judiasm, Koine Greek, nor the foul Trinity Dogma can change that.
FINALLY, the Name "Jesus" in Hebrew means "the Salvation of JEHOVAH"!
Thus, REAL Christians honor BOTH names, while churchoids just PRETEND to honor one...

You quote a defiled translation which removes the Name of God, replacing it with "Lord".
But you answer is God, not to be confused with a 'Three-in-One' entity.

He would later say at Ex 23:20- I am going to send an angel in front of you, to guard you on the way and to bring you to the place that I have prepared.
And, Paul was inspired to write who that Angel was, at ! Cor 10:4- For they drank from the spiritual rock that followed them, and the rock was Christ.

What type of a trick question is this? Are you going to quote how a certain verse says Jehovah didn't reveal His Name to them yet?

Back