Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Any Narnians Out There?????

• Thread starter AravisCalormene
  • Start date

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
A

AravisCalormene

I love, love, love, love, LOVE The Chronicles of Narnia by Clives Staples Lewis (hence the username from The Horse and His Boy) and I just wondered if anyone here would like to talk about it.

Remember...He is not a tame lion!

AravisCalormene said:
I love, love, love, love, LOVE The Chronicles of Narnia by Clives Staples Lewis (hence the username from The Horse and His Boy) and I just wondered if anyone here would like to talk about it.

Remember...He is not a tame lion!

:) I liked the books.

No John He is not a tame Lion, but He IS Good ... :-D

Yes, Narnia , me too ... however my love comes from a greater love for the many other wonderful works by the same godly author, do you know The Screwtape Letters, or Mere Christianity or any of Lewis' other books? bonnie

Anyone wishing to check out the website dedicated to George MacDonald, C.S. Lewis' mentor, please go to the Link below. You can go to the E-texts and download MacDonald's writings FREE!

Clive Staples Lewis said that he had never written a book in which he did not quote from George MacDonald.

Aravis,

What did you think of the recent film by Disney of Jack Lewis' Prince Caspian? I really enjoy the written work "Chronicles of Narnia" and was terribly disappointed with what Disney did with the story of Caspian. The film was entertaining; but it was an empty shell which was not Jack Lewis' beloved story.

The Boy and his Horse is an excellent story in which Aslan "is there" throughout the boy's life although unnoticed. In this respect it is similiar to Prince Caspian. We walk by faith and not by sight.

Why does Hollywood always assume they can improve a beloved story by adding elements in the story which were never written by the author? I firmly believe Disney's film missed the fundamental message of Jack Lewis' book. Prince Caspian is about walking by faith and not by sight. This is clearly indicated by understanding that all the children- but Lucy -have difficulty seeing Aslan and believing her.

I also enjoy reading George Macdonald's works. He is as Lewis spoke of him...the master of fantasy.

Maranatha
Matureartisan

I just read The Magician's Nephew and The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe. I liked them but I wondered some at his use of Lilith in the second book to explain who the witch was and where she came from. Overall though I enjoyed them.

:waving

Anyone wishing to check out the website dedicated to George MacDonald, C.S. Lewis' mentor, please go to the Link below. You can go to the E-texts and download MacDonald's writings FREE!

Clive Staples Lewis said that he had never written a book in which he did not quote from George MacDonald.
Thank you Paidon, I will reference this site and be blessed I am sure!

My favorite Narnian adventure is Dawntreader I see the end where they go so far past all oceans and sky that they come to sand and jouney out to its thining edge... and once they had lost everything they simply stood in the presence of the KING! :lol

That is a glorious view of heaven.

shesmystifiedbyHim~ :infinity

Never read the books, but I've seen the movies, and they're pretty good. I love the references to Christianity.

Nick~

You won't regret the time it takes to read a few of these, I have throughly enjoyed most of the ones mentioned. This is a great thread for reviews thats for sure!

Lord bless you Nick ~ and keep you today in His eyes.:heart

sheshisown~

Please be careful, I have seen a few Telmarines lurking about this thread.

Yeah, I read every book in the Chronicles of Narnia multiple times. I bought the series of books and read them to my children as bedtime stories several times through. My children are all either adults or in college. It was fun when they were little.

More recently when the movies came out, the kids frown at some of the voices attached to the Disney Characters. They had the voices of Trumkin, Reep a Cheep, and many of the characters so firm in their minds that they said... "it just is not the right voice." We all laughed at the differences between the Disney voices and they way I made the voices when they were little.

I'm up to Voyage of the Dawn Treader right now. I read them in the evenings while my GF sews. I like the books 'cause I can read one in an evening. She loves Nancy Drew and I find the writing styles similar. Not a lot of detail but the story moves along nicely.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back