Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Are Cats Demonic ?

Tina

Why are witches often seen with cats but not dogs ? .. Are cats demonic ? :devil

Dogs seem to have acute sensitivity to the presense of evil. Does this mean that dogs are better pets for Christians than cats ? It makes sense that dogs make better companions since they can sense the presence of evil and can protect owners. Or are there other pets that are more suitable for Christians ?

Is this why cats and dogs cannot get along ? ..... :scared ...... :fight

Anyone ever wondered why God created creatures with certain unique gifts and qualities ? ... :chin

:couch

Cats aren't demonic, they have a lot of fear by nature though. It takes a while for a cat to break out of their fear and demonstrate love but it can be done. Like dogs, the way a cat is treated will determine the way the cat behaves. Our neighbour cat keeps hunting the mouse in our garden but runs in fear when it see's me. Since it's in hunting mode I think it feels a bit of fear because of the fear it is contributing to the mouse's world, a conscience. We as humans are to demonstrate God to the rest of creation, we are looked upon by creation as being made in the image of God, there is no other species comparable to the human. So worshipping the dark nature of cats is worshipping sin I think.

Tina said:
Why are witches often seen with cats but not dogs ? .. Are cats demonic ? :devil

Dogs seem to have acute sensitivity to the presense of evil. Does this mean that dogs are better pets for Christians than cats ? It makes sense that dogs make better companions since they can sense the presence of evil and can protect owners. Or are there other pets that are more suitable for Christians ?

Is this why cats and dogs cannot get along ? ..... :scared ...... :fight

Anyone ever wondered why God created creatures with certain unique gifts and qualities ? ... :chin

:couch
i really dont think dogs can see spirits let alone sense them. some cats and dogs do get along. i had some that did.

the egyptians are the ones who started the magical cat practice.

They're evil insomuch as I hate them. Here's a lie, a blatant lie, that cat owners will tell you: "My cat comes to me when I call him." No. No. No. No, they don't. They might come to you when the mood strikes them but not on your command. You ever hear of "cat obedience class"? Of course not, because they will never be obedient. And they know I don't like them, so they start all into me, slithering between my legs. Get that big rat away from me!

Here, kitty kitty! Play with the nice ball! :headbomb

I believe that God created dogs to show us the way we should be towards Him, unconditionally loving, obedient, dependent upon Him for all our needs.

I believe He created cats to show us how we really are: We go our own way, we leave the delicious and nutritious food to feed upon disgusting stuff, we ignore Him when He calls to us.

:lol

Mike, the reason why there are no cat obedient classes is because to a cat, you are his equal, if that. Don't be presumptuous Mike, and let your cat out.

I do not think cats are demonic in general, but perhaps they (and other animals) can harbor spirits like people.

[youtube:3aeg2qc4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRyK_1g4VWQ&feature=related[/youtube:3aeg2qc4]

LOL! Possessed? it's definitely possible but I think that cat's only problem is that it's in a cage, probably scared, possibly injured, etc.

I can say though that if I were to walk past that cat's cage I and it did that, I may need a change of undergarments :lol

handy said:
Don't be presumptuous Mike, and let your cat out.

Handy, after re-re-re-re-re-reading this, I still have no idea what this means. :confused

Good golly, that cat in video looks like it could sprout wings and breath fire!

I love my cats. One behaves very much like a dog and can't get enough of cuddling with us and just being around us. They're easy to look after and there is something very comforting about their purr.

For every video like that of a cat in a cage I'm sure there is a video of a dog in cage behaving very much the same way. It's unfortunate that people will only post such things as supports their view rather then trying to be more unbiased. And remember, dogs attack and kill people and other animals, not cats, unless they're one of the big cats of course.

It's unfortunate that people will only post such things as supports their view rather then trying to be more unbiased.

I have no view on this, i just posted what i saw as a funny video. :shrug

cats are the worst thing for a pregnant women at times, one disease they carry, cant recall. and not all get it.

Mike, you seem to be under the impression that humans are to be in dominion over cats the way we are over dogs. Cats view this as presumption. To cats, humans exist to open the door so that they can go out. That's it.

Oh... we also come in handy for keeping litter boxes clean and putting kitty kibble in bowls. Let's see, opening doors, cleaning the cat box and keeping the kibble bowl full...is there any other earthly use for humans as far as a cat is concerned. Nope! That about covers it. :lol

:lol I love my kitties too. I have 5 cats. All are "rescue" cats, but only one was adopted from the pound. She had an attitude a lot like the kitty in the video, but now that she has a loving home, she is friendly and playful and is a skilled hunter, which since we have a huge variety of rodents comes in handy. She's the only cat we have that isn't affectionate, but that's probably due to the abuse she suffered.

The other four are little love machines. They all cuddle and purr and play. We had each of them from a little kitten and they were raised with lots of love and affection. And, Mike, they do too come when they are called.

If they feel like it. :P

I was going to ask why we only hear of dog fights (in the illegal sense) and not cat fights....but then the answer came. lol

handy said:
Mike, you seem to be under the impression that humans are to be in dominion over cats the way we are over dogs. Cats view this as presumption. To cats, humans exist to open the door so that they can go out. That's it.

Oh... we also come in handy for keeping litter boxes clean and putting kitty kibble in bowls. Let's see, opening doors, cleaning the cat box and keeping the kibble bowl full...is there any other earthly use for humans as far as a cat is concerned. Nope! That about covers it. :lol

:lol I love my kitties too. I have 5 cats. All are "rescue" cats, but only one was adopted from the pound. She had an attitude a lot like the kitty in the video, but now that she has a loving home, she is friendly and playful and is a skilled hunter, which since we have a huge variety of rodents comes in handy. She's the only cat we have that isn't affectionate, but that's probably due to the abuse she suffered.

The other four are little love machines. They all cuddle and purr and play. We had each of them from a little kitten and they were raised with lots of love and affection. And, Mike, they do too come when they are called.

If they feel like it. :P
aint that the truth.

Free said:
I love my cats. One behaves very much like a dog and can't get enough of cuddling with us and just being around us. They're easy to look after and there is something very comforting about their purr.

For every video like that of a cat in a cage I'm sure there is a video of a dog in cage behaving very much the same way. It's unfortunate that people will only post such things as supports their view rather then trying to be more unbiased. And remember, dogs attack and kill people and other animals, not cats, unless they're one of the big cats of course.

All in good fun. :halo No hard feelings? ;)

Jason, my mother, my sisters, my sister-in-law, my nieces, all of them have had cats whilst pregnant and out of a total of ...here let me figure it out how many babies we are talking here, I have a big family...27 babies, not once did anyone get anything from a cat.

handy said:
Jason, my mother, my sisters, my sister-in-law, my nieces, all of them have had cats whilst pregnant and out of a total of ...here let me figure it out how many babies we are talking here, I have a big family...27 babies, not once did anyone get anything from a cat.
i should have mentioned that it is a rare disease. and cats are ok till you get allegeries from the dander thay shed in tons. my wife has allergies to cats. if just pet a cat, and come near here she will sneeze for a few minutes.

John said:
Free said:
I was going to ask why we only hear of dog fights (in the illegal sense) and not cat fights....but then the answer came. lol

:rolling
I was going to post a Seinfeld clip with Elaine vs Rachel Welch and two cops saying "Ooo, catfight," but there is the use of a "potty" word. Another Seinfeld classic, that episode.

I think with cats and pregnancy, it's more staying away from the litter.

Back