Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Are there two millenniums?

True. And we are told that these are seperated for what purpose?

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Rev 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

These are those in the first resurrection...

1Co 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
1Co 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

What about those who have never had a chance? No problem...

Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

What about this rest of the dead, they are not under judgment right now...

1Pe 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

The time has come for judgment on the house of God, not everyone presently.

Now verse 5 says plainly that the rest of the dead did not live again until after the Millenium...

Rev 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Books are opened, which books? Not the Book of Life, it is mentioned separately. So what are these books?

Mat 13:11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

Christ plainly says that it is not given to everyone to understand. In fact...

Joh 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Joh 6:65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

Even the disciples could not understand until something very special happened to them...

Luk 24:45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

Now read Rev 20:12 again...

Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Which books? All 66 books from Genesis to Revelation are open for all to understand at this time. They are then given 100 years to choose God's way and life...

Isa 65:20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.

This is the second resurrection.

There is one more resurrection...

Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Notice the books are not opened this time, only the Book of Life and if your name is not in there then you are cast into the lake of fire to be burned up.

This is the third resurrection, the resurrection to damnation...

Joh 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
Joh 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

All will hear His voice and all will come forth, just not all at the same time for the same purpose...

1Co 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

Every man in his own order, some to the first resurrection, some to the second and some to the third.

No,not at all......

A thousand years to God is as but a day,meaning from God's prospective Christ has been out of the grave for bout only 2 days.......

Then Jesus must not have stayed in the tomb the full three days.
Or perhaps you are implying He still has 38,000yrs until His ascension?:thud:

Then Jesus must not have stayed the full three days.
Or perhaps you are implying He still has 38,000yrs until His ascension?:thud:
This is the problem with taking 2 Pet 3:8 to mean one thousand years of our time is the literal equivalent of one day to God. People end up doing all sorts of calculations to support non-biblical teachings or trying to figure out when Jesus will return, etc.

In Revelation 20:4 it is written: And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgement was given unto them: and [I saw] the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received [his] mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Are those who are beheaded the only ones that will live and reign in the millennium, as it is called? Some say this includes those who have "lost their heads" in the sense that they are fully submitted to Jesus, (as in 1 Cor 11:3), others that it means literal beheading as with John the Baptist. (Mt 14:10). According to some reports Paul was beheaded, though it is not recorded in the Bible that he was.

And who is the "they" that sat upon the thrones John saw?

Rev 20:5 says "But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This [is] the first resurrection." But then verse 6 says "Blessed and holy [is] he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

So it sounds like those that were beheaded lived and reigned with Him a 1000 years and then the ones who lived again after the 1000 year reign reigned with Him a 1000 more. Are there then 2 millennium reigns?

And another thing in this chapter, verse 7-9 "And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom [is] as the sand of the sea. And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them."

Who are the saints who are on earth at this time after the millennium? If all believers get 'raptured' out of here, who are these saints? It appears they are those that come out of the nations and are not deceived. But, is there scripture to back this up?

The Bible says a thousand years, so that's what I believe. Those that survive the Great Tribulation and those that were behead or killed during that 7 year time, will reign with Jesus along with ALL Christians who were raptured or resurrected at the beginning of the Tribulation. The saints will be ALL the original inhabitants of the Millennium and the rest will be the children. It will be the children that will be tested when God lets the Devil roams for a short while. The original inhabitants will NOT die or ever taste the second death. Rev 20:12-15 is the Great Judgement seat of Chhrist and the 2nd ressurection, where ALL remaing humanity will be judged either from the Book of Life and go on to Eternal Life, or from the other books, and go on to Eternal punishment in the Lake of Fire. THAT is the second death.

This is the problem with taking 2 Pet 3:8 to mean one thousand years of our time is the literal equivalent of one day to God. People end up doing all sorts of calculations to support non-biblical teachings or trying to figure out when Jesus will return, etc.
:amen

The Scriptures say the resurrection is the last day. How is time counted after
the last day.

Joh 6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

Joh 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Joh 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
Joh 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Joh 11:24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

Joh 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

True, but when one uses the preflood ones near age, that of around a 1000 yrs. kind of like a generation?? + the 6 day 1000 yrs. per/one day, the creation folks wander off, huh?;)

The Scriptures say the resurrection is the last day. How is time counted after
the last day.

Joh 6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

Joh 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
Joh 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Joh 11:24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

Joh 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

The last day is the first day of the millennium,which is The Day of the Lord

I dont think i am being clear....

we measure years by days 365 days in a year so by counting the days we can know there is 365,000 days in 1000 years.

Back to my post with the scriptures from john and you said this
The last day is the first day of the millennium,which is The Day of the Lord
After the last day there is no more days so how can you count to 1000 years or 365000 days?

Jesus said it was the last day

we measure years by days 365 days in a year so by counting the days we can know there is 365,000 days in 1000 years.

After the last day there is no more days so how can you count to 1000 years or 365000 days?

The millennium is 1000 years,which is the Day of the Lord......

The last day is the millennium......

Im counting nothing after that Day...........

Last edited by a moderator:

When Christ returns,it's the Lords Day,and it will be the last day........

The last day is the Judgment Seat of Christ as shown in Rev 20:11-15. Heaven and Earth are destroyed on that day and a New Heaven and Earth will be made, where days will not be counted anymore because TIME will be no more.

Back