Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Are They Stupid ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Lewis

These fools have shot and killed a mentally sick girl to death while a 1 year old baby was in back of the car' in Washington yesterday. Now I think that they went to far' and I think those who fired into that car should be fired and thrown in jail.

The woman tried to drive her car to the White House, refused to stop & vacate the car ... then drove off, endangering officers trying to stop her. They must take every attempt to gain entry onto the grounds of the White House seriously. They did not know if she had bombs rigged up in her car, or about her person. And they had to follow protocol. I would imagine every officer involved in that incident is sick to his/her stomach due to the end result. However, they know they were protecting the White House & therefore the President. In short, unless other evidence/information comes to light, each of those officers was doing his/her job.

The young woman put her child at risk throughout the entire ordeal. It was presented earlier on the talking head shows that the woman suffered from post partum depression.

However, the officers involved had no knowledge of her mental state; all they knew was someone tried to drive past security and gain entry to the grounds of the White House. They did their job. And if nothing else, our President remains safer because of these officers.

AirDancer I get that' but when they were close up to the car didn't they see that baby in the car, they could have killed that baby.

From what was reported earlier, the officers were trying to focus on the driver, to restrain the driver. Only after she took off did someone yell out that there was a baby in the car. The report also said that the shot that killed the woman was not meant to be a kill shot.

Tomorrow, we should hear a more thorough report of the incident. Internal investigation on the situation is mandatory because at least one weapon was discharged in the course of action.

Any loss of life is a tragedy. For this to have been preventable, through the help of medical assistance, makes this sad event even worse. The baby's father had tried to gain custody of the baby, but the mother & her family had said there was nothing troubling the mother, and that the baby's dad was merely being vindictive. Had her family tried to convince her to seek help for her depression? It's quite possible. But if the mother decided she didn't need help, what could be done then? Her mother knew the baby's mom believed that our President was sending mental messages to her (that's why she was trying to drive her car to the White House... she was allegedly going to force the President to stop with the messages), so it wouldn't be that far of a stretch to believe the woman's family tried to help her.

Did they try to shoot the tires out on the car?
really?they have STOP STICKS FOR THAT and often that causes the death of the driver and others too. AirDancer. one shoots to kill never to harm. that is just a pc way of saying that to make the people content. ie
I aimed center mass with my 9mm to cease the threat to my life by the assailant smith. I discharged my pistol twice , the assailant stopped when his heart was hit with a round. my intent wasn't to kill him but to stop the threat.

word game.

It would be the same in any jurisdiction.

If the police had not gone after a seeming threat in a vehicle and someone else had gotten killed as a result of the police doing nothing, those who criticize the police now would be the first to complain about the police having done nothing.

If the police had not gone after a seeming threat in a vehicle and someone else had gotten killed as a result of the police doing nothing, those who criticize the police now would be the first to complain about the police having done nothing.
And suppose they had killed that 1 year old baby' you would have really heard a outcry.

I make jokes on this stuff whenever Im training on usage of force. shoot till the threat ceases. aim center mass shoot to punch holes in the lungs to stop the attacker but not to kill him.

And suppose they had killed that 1 year old baby' you would have really heard a outcry.

Again, you are presuming almost omniscience on the part of the police.

Meanwhile, parents - ill or not - are supposed not to be responsible for the outcome of their own actions?

Deeply sad tragedy: yes indeed.

But blaming it on those who are there to put themselves in harm's way in order to protect us all — and, indeed, the space around the President of the United States — is no way to argue.

Last edited:
Yes, they're stupid, or...at the least the circumstance is stupid. How did we come to this barbarism?

We had a similar case up here. A man with a knife was threatening people; he was told repeatedly by police to put down the knife; he did not; he was shot, and he died.

But you may be sure that if the police had not shot the knife wielding person after ample warning, and in a split second he had flicked the knife into someone's face, the police would have been heavily blamed for not shooting the man in time.

Please refer to my comments in the "Lessons from the Navy Yard shooting" thread.

If we put the crazy people where they belong they would not be a danger to themselves, to law enforcement, to their 1 year old child and to any other who crosses their path.

"Shooting out tires" means you are watching way too many cop shows on TV. Maybe they just could have shot the gun out of her hand like the Lone Ranger (yes, I know there was no gun, it is an allegory).

Please refer to my comments in the "Lessons from the Navy Yard shooting" thread.

If we put the crazy people where they belong they would not be a danger to themselves, to law enforcement, to their 1 year old child and to any other who crosses their path.

"Shooting out tires" means you are watching way too many cop shows on TV. Maybe they just could have shot the gun out of her hand like the Lone Ranger (yes, I know there was no gun, it is an allegory).
.I agree. but we don't. we let them roam the streets and wonder why they kill and along with the other killers who get light sentences

Remember the Jocelyn Elders' line about making bullets or guns safer? Did she even know what she was saying? defending the public with weapons that don't work as effectively?

.I agree. but we don't. we let them roam the streets and wonder why they kill and along with the other killers who get light sentences

I agree that jail is for those who are a threat to society.

Building more jails alone isn't the answer, just to feed the 'pursue policy differences by subpoena' culture, though.

have you ever been to facility for the mentally ill? I have, my brother and sister were in them. my sister would jump fences and escape them. so while it may not be incarceration the facilities do need some type of security.

We had about 5 cases here in Philly over the span of about 12 years where the cops have shot mentally ill people and killed them. About 3 of them were the cops fault.

have you ever been to facility for the mentally ill? I have, my brother and sister were in them. my sister would jump fences and escape them. so while it may not be incarceration the facilities do need some type of security.

I couldn't agree more!

Blessings.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back