Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Are you confident that, what you believe will guarantee your eternal destination ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Some people are fully confident in what they believe, other's hope, still other's have their doubts. I'd like to here your varying feelings on this subject ???

Re: Are you confident that, what you believe will guarantee your eternal destination

I am 100% confident in what I know to be true of God and his promis to man. It's more than just a belief, or my belief. It's as solid and real as the ground benith my feet.

Re: Are you confident that, what you believe will guarantee your eternal destination

I am 100% confident in what I know to be true of God and his promis to man. It's more than just a belief, or my belief. It's as solid and real as the ground benith my feet.

That's fair...good answer....

Some people are fully confident in what they believe, other's hope, still other's have their doubts. I'd like to here your varying feelings on this subject ???

I am fully confident that Jesus Christ is my Saviour, and when He returns for His Bride I'll be there.

I refer to it as the 'blessed assurance that Jesus is mine'.
I've experienced the "foretaste of glory divine."
Gotta love those old hymns.:)
Hebrews 10:16-23 said:
16This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

17And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

18Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

19Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,

20By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;

21And having an high priest over the house of God;

22Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

23Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised)

I am fully confident that Jesus Christ is my Saviour, and when He returns for His Bride I'll be there.

I refer to it as the 'blessed assurance that Jesus is mine'.
I've experienced the "foretaste of glory divine."
Gotta love those old hymns.:)

AMEN. GOOD ANSWER...

I prefer to take nothing for granted. Therefore I yet hope in my redemption and therefore I earnestly wait for it. As Jesus has the keys to life and death and God is just, I am confident that whatever God judges is right. That is all that matters, that God's Kingdom and everlasting government is established. Personally, I do not feel right about picking out the curtains of my mansion when there yet remains those unseen things in which I must perservere through.

I do not however wish to imply all must believe as me concerning this. For me it is a simple humility while others may say I am not having faith in Jesus' blood. I do not care here what people think of me concerning this and God knows my heart. When did we see you and not feed you or clothe you? When did we see you and feed you and clothe you? It seems to me that those on either side did not appear to know. Why does Jesus say there will be much gnashing of teeth? There are scriptures that support both views.

Last edited by a moderator:

I am not confident in saying that. I consider myself somewhat of an agnostic theist/Christian, so while I have beliefs, I think things of spiritual nature are ultimately unknowable in this life (or at least arent able to be verified or falsified). With that said, it wouldn't make sense to me for God to require us to know or believe certain things in order for him to accept us into his presence. I envision God as very understanding, and if he has not provided a way to prove whether our beliefs are correct or incorrect(which so far I havent found), then me believing or knowing certain things must not be all that important to him?

From that perspective, I would expect us all to be heaven-bound, assuming heaven exists.

I'll have to say no to this one. I have no idea what happens after you die. I don't believe anything happens. Oblivion is what you would call it. Although I admit I could be wrong. I have no idea.

I'll have to say no to this one. I have no idea what happens after you die. I don't believe anything happens. Oblivion is what you would call it. Although I admit I could be wrong. I have no idea.

Would you be "willing" to bet your, "living soul??"

And, what is His promise to man??

After hearing the gospel of the grace of God how that Christ died for my sins was buried and raised the 3rd day according to the scriptures and believing that simple message I am saved. I am 100% confident that Christ paid for all my sin that I have received the gift of salvation and I am trusting in what he did to save me. I have recived the gift of salvation. I didn't deserve nor did I earn it because I repented , or repeated a prayer, or walked the aisle, or was baptized, or asked Jesus into my heart, or becaused I quit drinking or playing cards, or any of those things I simply trusted in Christ.
Thank You Jesus

Yes, If a soul exists at all, I would be willing to bet against christianity.

I am not confident in saying that. I consider myself somewhat of an agnostic theist/Christian, so while I have beliefs, I think things of spiritual nature are ultimately unknowable in this life (or at least arent able to be verified or falsified). With that said, it wouldn't make sense to me for God to require us to know or believe certain things in order for him to accept us into his presence. I envision God as very understanding, and if he has not provided a way to prove whether our beliefs are correct or incorrect(which so far I havent found), then me believing or knowing certain things must not be all that important to him?

From that perspective, I would expect us all to be heaven-bound, assuming heaven exists.

Yes, God is understanding, and God is love, but He is also Holy and Righteous.

In order to obtain peace with God and gain access to Him, we must come by faith to Jesus Christ.

Romans 5:1-2 said:
Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

And, He has provided a way for us to know.... it's a peace that passes all understanding. I always liken it to the blind man that was healed by Jesus. When asked what happened, he replied, "I don't know, but once I was blind, and now I see.

Yes, If a soul exists at all, I would be willing to bet against christianity.

You don't understand Christianity. You probably got that from some christians. Do you believe in Love?

Confident? Perhaps. Certain? No. I consider myself a Christian agnostic, as I recognise that it is possible that everything I believe is false: I do not know it to be true.

Christ revealed personally to me by His Spirit is my confidence in knowing that I too am part of the Abrahamic covenant being justified through the faith in Christ and through repentance by Gods grace and mercy that all Gods blessings are established in my own obedience to Gods word that I walk by faith and not by sight to know for a surety that I am a Spiritually born again child of the living God wonderfully made in His image of love that if I continue in the race I am running my reward for being an obedient servant will grant me life eternal with the Father.

Christ revealed personally to me by His Spirit is my confidence in knowing that I too am part of the Abrahamic covenant being justified through the faith in Christ and through repentance by Gods grace and mercy that all Gods blessings are established in my own obedience to Gods word that I walk by faith and not by sight to know for a surety that I am a Spiritually born again child of the living God wonderfully made in His image of love that if I continue in the race I am running my reward for being an obedient servant will grant me life eternal with the Father.
I would tend to agree that you certainly have heard from God because people of the Spirit write one long sentence as you have just done.

Confident? Perhaps. Certain? No. I consider myself a Christian agnostic, as I recognise that it is possible that everything I believe is false: I do not know it to be true.

Then hadn't you better do some serious investigations?

Start with a careful examination of the evidence for the resurrection of Christ.

That has convinced many an unbeliever, and misbelievers.

Then go for the archaeological support for the biblical accounts. The Bible Triumphant by Urquhart is a good one to start with.

And if you can get your hands on Blunt's Undesigned Coincidences of Holy Scripture, [think it's on Amazon] that will give you a certainty that cannot be expressed in words.

All the best.

I am confident of the things He has revealed to me about Himself, and because man has not done this, then man can't take it away.
I also am confident in the fact that He is the Saviour of all men, especially to those that believe.

I am also confident that I did not choose Him, but He me, and that Only, by His Grace and Faith do I live.

Blessings :yes

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back