Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

As it Was In The Days Of Noah...

This subject matter sounds too similar to mythology. Don't talk about it or cover it up so it won't scare away people considering the faith or people with little faith. This is the better way to go since it would make zero sense that there is actually some truth to all of the mythologies of the world with the whole and real truth being in the bible.

Why does every discussion about the days of Noah quote always turn into a debate about sons of god and nephilim? Is it because you would rather debate fantasy, or mans theology? Or are you asking the wrong questions to begin with? What is it Jesus was saying in this that relates to the kingdom of god? The passage is not very difficult if you would just get out of your own way. Hear what the spirit says to you.

Matt 24:37-39
But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

As the days before the flood they were eating and drinking and being married and given in marriage: this is nothing more than saying that they were obsessed with the things of this world, and their attention was focused on the things of the flesh. Noah on the other hand, listened to the Spirit of the Lord and followed his commandment, and built the ark. Noah didn’t go about announcing the judgement of God to the people. He was about the Lords work, and that was his testimony.

Jesus came announcing the kingdom of heaven. He is building up his house, and we have been invited to come. He is our shelter, and He is our ark. Will you heed his call to come on board? Seek ye first the kingdom of God.... Seek ye first the kingdom of God... Or will that day come upon you like a thief in the night, because you were eating and drinking and concerning yourself over the things of the flesh? If you are driven and motivated over issues like abortion and gay marriage, are they not of the flesh? If you are driven by politics and political issues, are your concerns not then after the things of this world? Could not you watch with me just one hour? But how will the watchmen know when to sound an alert, if he knows not what he is looking for? How will you ever learn to walk by Faith in the spirit of Christ in the kingdom of our Lord if you are focussed on the things of this world and the spirit of antichrist? Surely the flood will take you unaware unless you stop looking after the things of antichrist and start looking for the things of Christ.

Why does every discussion about the days of Noah quote always turn into a debate about sons of god and nephilim? Is it because you would rather debate fantasy, or mans theology? Or are you asking the wrong questions to begin with? What is it Jesus was saying in this that relates to the kingdom of god? The passage is not very difficult if you would just get out of your own way. Hear what the spirit says to you.

Matt 24:37-39
But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

As the days before the flood they were eating and drinking and being married and given in marriage: this is nothing more than saying that they were obsessed with the things of this world, and their attention was focused on the things of the flesh. Noah on the other hand, listened to the Spirit of the Lord and followed his commandment, and built the ark. Noah didn’t go about announcing the judgement of God to the people. He was about the Lords work, and that was his testimony.

Jesus came announcing the kingdom of heaven. He is building up his house, and we have been invited to come. He is our shelter, and He is our ark. Will you heed his call to come on board? Seek ye first the kingdom of God.... Seek ye first the kingdom of God... Or will that day come upon you like a thief in the night, because you were eating and drinking and concerning yourself over the things of the flesh? If you are driven and motivated over issues like abortion and gay marriage, are they not of the flesh? If you are driven by politics and political issues, are your concerns not then after the things of this world? Could not you watch with me just one hour? But how will the watchmen know when to sound an alert, if he knows not what he is looking for? How will you ever learn to walk by Faith in the spirit of Christ in the kingdom of our Lord if you are focussed on the things of this world and the spirit of antichrist? Surely the flood will take you unaware unless you stop looking after the things of antichrist and start looking for the things of Christ.

Who were marrying and given in marriage in those days.

Why did God destroy every person over the whole earth, except Noah.

Why did God have the children of Israel destroy the giants in the promise land, so much so, that he allowed Joshua to stop the sun in order to kill these folks.

Why is the first words God every spoke to mankind, also the very purpose for mankind.

Why is this type of activity directly linked to the earth being filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord.

but truly, as I live, all the earth shall be filled with the glory of the Lord-- Numbers 14:21 [Read Numbers 14]

What
is the conversation that brought about this statement from the Lord?

I will give you a hint - The Lord wanted to kill all the children of Israel, because they didn't want to follow Him in this very purpose.

But My servant Caleb, because he has a different spirit in him and has followed Me fully, I will bring into the land where he went, and his descendants shall inherit it. Numbers 14:24

JLB

Cool. Since Jesus said it will be the same as the days of Noah, a convenient sign of the second coming will be the return of the giants.

Who is the "they" in Matthew 24 refer to?

42 And as the toes of the feet were partly of iron and partly of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong and partly fragile. 43 As you saw iron mixed with ceramic clay, they will mingle with the seed of men; but they will not adhere to one another, just as iron does not mix with clay. 44 And in the days of these kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed; and the kingdom shall not be left to other people; it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand forever. Daniel 2:42-44

they will mingle with the seed of men;

There is your "they".

"They" is a reference to "persons" or "being", but not the seed of men, yet are mingled together with the seed of man.

JLB

Who is the "they" in Matthew 24 refer to?

42 And as the toes of the feet were partly of iron and partly of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong and partly fragile. 43 As you saw iron mixed with ceramic clay, they will mingle with the seed of men; but they will not adhere to one another, just as iron does not mix with clay. 44 And in the days of these kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed; and the kingdom shall not be left to other people; it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand forever. Daniel 2:42-44

they will mingle with the seed of men;

There is your "they".

"They" is a reference to "persons" or "being", but not the seed of men, yet are mingled together with the seed of man.

JLB
I agree, "They" are obviously giants. There is simply no other way to read Matthew 24.
36“But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son,b but the Father only. 37For as were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 38For as in those days before the flood the giants were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, 39and the giants were unaware until the flood came and swept the giants away, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. (Matthew 24:36-39 ESV, corrected)

This part of your post made me think of this scripture from the NT.

Php_2:15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

IF, the sons of God in Genesis 6 were Godly men who married un-Godly women causing perversions, this may have been why when God gave the Law to Moses He forbid them to marry outside of their own nation.
Yes, and consider the source of the wives of Esau vs the wives of Jacob. Taken to the extreme one would marry their sister, as in Abram and Sarai.

I believe the hebrew term for the sons of god used in genesis is the same term used in the book of job for the sons of God............

Can anyone verify witness to that using an interlinear or hebrew translation?????

Job_1:6 Now there wasH1961 a dayH3117 when the sonsH1121 of GodH430 cameH935 to present themselvesH3320 beforeH5921 the LORD,H3068 and SatanH7854 cameH935 alsoH1571 amongH8432 them.
Job_2:1 Again there wasH1961 a dayH3117 when the sonsH1121 of GodH430 cameH935 to present themselvesH3320 beforeH5921 the LORD,H3068 and SatanH7854 cameH935 alsoH1571 amongH8432 them to present himselfH3320 beforeH5921 the LORD.H3068

Gen_6:2 That the sonsH1121 of GodH430 sawH7200 (H853) the daughtersH1323 of menH120 thatH3588 theyH2007 were fair;H2896 and they tookH3947 them wivesH802 of allH4480 H3605 whichH834 they chose.H977
Gen_6:4 There wereH1961 giantsH5303 in the earthH776 in thoseH1992 days;H3117 and alsoH1571 afterH310 that,H3651 whenH834 the sonsH1121 of GodH430 came inH935 untoH413 the daughtersH1323 of men,H120 and they bareH3205 children to them, the sameH1992 became mighty menH1368 whichH834 were of old,H4480 H5769 menH376 of renown.H8034

Even here in the new testament Paul gives us an insight as to what the sons of God are

Rom_8:19 ForG1063 theG3588 earnest expectationG603 of theG3588 creatureG2937 waiteth forG553 theG3588 manifestationG602 of theG3588 sonsG5207 of God.G2316

Obviously as we may be inheriting the ability to become the sons God through the gift and blood of Jesus Christ,.... it is depicted here in Rom 8:19 as this creature that we know of as our flesh and blood yet it has not completed its transformation.

Rom 8:23 And not only so, but ourselves also, who have the first-fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for our adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

and yet hear we have a strange decription of the angels, The arch angel and the devil disputing about the bones of moses. they were together at the book of Job and here they are together again.

Jud 1:6 And angels that kept not their own principality, but left their proper habitation, he hath kept in everlasting bonds under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
Jud 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities about them, having in like manner with these given themselves over to fornication and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the punishment of eternal fire.
Jud 1:8 Yet in like manner these also in their dreamings defile the flesh, and set at nought dominion, and rail at dignities.
Jud 1:9 But Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing judgment, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.
Jud 1:10 But these rail at whatsoever things they know not: and what they understand naturally, like the creatures without reason, in these things are they destroyed.
Jud 1:11 Woe unto them! For they went in the way of Cain, and ran riotously in the error of Balaam for hire, and perished in the gainsaying of Korah.
Jud 1:12 These are they who are hidden rocks in your love-feasts when they feast with you, shepherds that without fear feed themselves; clouds without water, carried along by winds; autumn leaves without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;
Jud 1:13 Wild waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, for whom the blackness of darkness hath been reserved forever.
Jud 1:14 And to these also Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied, saying, Behold, the Lord came with ten thousands of his holy ones,
Jud 1:15 to execute judgment upon all, and to convict all the ungodly of all their works of ungodliness which they have ungodly wrought, and of all the hard things which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.
Jud 1:16 These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their lusts (and their mouth speaketh great swelling words), showing respect of persons for the sake of advantage.

I have always felt like this phrase the sons of God was none other than the Angels as they are written of here,... Some good and honorable,.... Some deserving of blackness and darkness forever. it is really not that hard for me put it all together in this way I really dont consider it to be a stretch of the imagination, because these things are written about in the bible.

The sons of God are not seen by our eyes unless they want to manifest themselves to us as they did so many cases, such as Sodom and Gomorrah

If they could apear to humans and do what god told them to do then I thiink it is obvious that some of them apeared to humans and did what God did not want them to do also. I do believe the scripture supports that clearly. Call them nephalim or angels or demons or what ever, I do believe when Jesus spoke of them in Mathew the word they not only included the sons of God but also the humans that followed there example. Which is the reason God destoyed them all because the human creation had become defiled and no longer purely existed the way God had created them. As it was written Noah was the the only one pure in Gods eyes or Perfect in his Generations

Gen 6:8 But NoahH5146 foundH4672 graceH2580 in the eyesH5869 of the LORD.H3068
Gen 6:9 TheseH428 are the generationsH8435 of Noah:H5146 NoahH5146 wasH1961 a justH6662 manH376 and perfectH8549 in his generations,H1755 and NoahH5146 walkedH1980 withH854 God.H430

I believe the hebrew term for the sons of god used in genesis is the same term used in the book of job for the sons of God............

Can anyone verify witness to that using an interlinear or hebrew translation?????

Here's the Hebrew linear of Job 2:1

:
u·iei
and·he-is-becoming
הַ יּם
e·ium
the·day
וַיָּבֹ אוּ
u·ibau
and·they-are-coming
בְּ נֵי
bni
sons-of
הָ אֱהִ ים
e·aleim
the·Elohim
לְ הִ תְ יַצֵּ ב
l·ethitzb
to·to-station-themselves-of
Again there was a day
when the sons of God came
to present themselves before
the LORD, and Satan came
also among them to present
himself before the LORD.
עַ ל
ol
on
־
-
יְ הוָה
ieue
Yahweh
וַיָּבא
u·ibua
and·he-is-coming
גַם
gm
moreover
־
-
הַ שָּׂ טָ ן
e·shtn
the·adversary
בְּ תֹ כָ ם
b·thk·m
in·midst-of·them
לְ הִ תְ יַצֵּ ב
l·ethitzb
to·to-station-himself-of
עַ ל
ol
on
־
-
יְ הוָה
ieue
Yahweh
:
://// (http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/OTpdf/job2.pdf)

and Genesis 6:4

:
e·nphlim
the·ones-distinguished
הָ יוּ
eiu
they-became
בָ אָ רֶ ץ
b·artz
in·the·earth
בַּ יָּמִ ים
b·imim
in·the·days
הָ הֵ ם
e·em
the·those
וְ גַם
u·gm
and·moreover
אַ חֲ רֵ י
achri
after
־
-
כֵ ן
kn
so
. There were giants in the
earth in those days; and also
after that, when the sons of
God came in unto the
daughters of men, and they
bare [children] to them, the
same [became] mighty men
which [were] of old, men of
renown.
אֲשֶׁ ר
ashr
which
יָבֹ אוּ
ibau
they-are-coming
בְּ נֵי
bni
sons-of
הָ אֱ הִ ים
e·aleim
the·Elohim
אֶ ל
al
to
־
-
בְּ נת
bnuth
daughters-of
הָ אָ דָ ם
e·adm
the·human
וְ יָלְ דוּ
u·ildu
and·they-gave-birth
לָ הֶ ם
l·em
for·them
הֵ מָּ ה
eme
they
הַ גִּ בֹּ רִ ים
e·gbrim
the·masterful-men
אֲשֶׁ ר
ashr
who
מֵ עלָ ם
m·oulm
from·eon
אַ נְ שֵׁ י
anshi
mortals-of
הַ שֵּׁ ם
e·shm
the·name
:
:
פ
p//// (http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/OTpdf/gen6.pdf)

It is the exact same term. The "b'nai elohim"
I heard a sermon on it before and it was explained that it simply means that they were Angelic...or, direct creations of God, which is to say, not men, not earth born. I hesitate to go further because it is a touchy subject for many. But there you have it. Make of it what you will. ;)

:lol Oh, it's not like that brother. It was a good question!

Well, I may be debunking my own statement in post that Sinthesis responded to in #51.
I suggest rather than just looking at "sons of God", look at the description of the "daughters of men".
I believe that in KJV translation of the Hebrew into "fair" may be unclear as to the true Hebrew meaning of 'towb', pronounced 'tove', long 'o'. The adjective, is from the primary word, verb 'towb'.
http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/Lexicon/Lexicon.cfm?strongs=H2896&t=KJV
http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/OTpdf/gen6.pdf = good-ones

It does not appear to me that the definition of this word is best translated by the word 'fair'.

Well, I may be debunking my own statement in post that Sinthesis responded to in #51.
I suggest rather than just looking at "sons of God", look at the description of the "daughters of men".
I believe that in KJV translation of the Hebrew into "fair" may be unclear as to the true Hebrew meaning of 'towb', pronounced 'tove', long 'o'. The adjective, is from the primary word, verb 'towb'.
http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/Lexicon/Lexicon.cfm?strongs=H2896&t=KJV
http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/OTpdf/gen6.pdf = good-ones

It does not appear to me that the definition of this word is best translated by the word 'fair'.

That is a good point Deborah. I had always took 'fair' to mean pretty, but you may be right there. So Towb largely means 'good' sooo...therefore desirable. But while everyone likes a pretty girl, it does stand to reason (and has always been my view) that a good girl, with a good heart, is more desirable than a hot girl with a poor heart. This makes all sorts of sense even to us stupid men, so why not would it be just as meaningful to the sons of God? Perhaps more?

Back