Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

As it Was In The Days Of Noah...

I have a question. It arose out of another thread, but I didn't want to take it off topic there so will ask it here. First the scripture, then the question:

Matthew 24:37-39
37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be./(KJV)

The question is: In verse 38...who is the "they" that is being spoken of by Jesus?

they are the unrighteous spiritual workers/servants i.e. those who commit spiritual iniquity

Blessings

Sooo....man?

they committed spiritual iniquity in the form of: yoga, occultism, esotericism, idolatry, unclean/unholy creeds/cults, transcendental meditation, astrology, etc., because in that time there was a very great spiritual iniquity, and therefore there were many powerful avatars, yogis, occultists, sorcerers, etc. - namely they were the so-called fallen "sons of God" and "giants"(nephilim) shown in Genesis 6th chapter, such as krishna and the rest of this kind

Genesis 6:1-6 "And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them(i.e. and they found creeds), That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were(i.e. and the earthly clerics found that the human(666) creeds seemed to be ostensibly) fair; and(i.e. and then) they took them wives(i.e. doctrines) of all which they chose. And(i.e. and for that reason) the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh(i.e. for its spiritual/religious iniquity rises/multiplies): yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. There were giants(i.e. the nephilims, viz. greatest clerics of the "darkness" - the ancient yogis/avatars) in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men(i.e. when the earthly clerics followed the human creeds), and they bare children(i.e. spiritual children) to them, the same became mighty men(i.e. the same became spiritual giants of universal scale) which were of old, men of renown(i.e. the gigantic clerics of (the) human(666) glory). And God saw that the wickedness(i.e. that the spiritual/religious iniquity) of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart(i.e. of its faith) was only evil continually. And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart."

after the flood in the time of Noah God gave the land of the nephilim to the ammonites in order to sanctify it, and that land covers the region of the himalayas and india, so the present natives of india and the himalayas are more or less descendants of the then ammonites, because most of the ammonites were idolaters who like to follow after the tradition(s) of the ancient avatars, yogis and brahmins, while only a small number of them were really righteous before the true Lord God - Jesus even called such people "lilies"(Matthew 6:28-30), because despite their paucity they were righteous

Deuteronomy 2:17-21 "That the LORD spake unto me, saying, Thou art to pass over through Ar, the coast of Moab, this day: And when thou comest nigh over against the children of Ammon, distress them not, nor meddle with them: for I will not give thee of the land of the children of Ammon any possession; because I have given it unto the children of Lot for a possession. (That also was accounted a land of giants: giants dwelt therein in old time; and the Ammonites call them Zamzummims; A people great, and many, and tall, as the Anakims; but the LORD destroyed them before them; and they succeeded them, and dwelt in their stead:"

Blessings

Last edited by a moderator:
Back in the beginning of this thread, Edward mentioned the Book of Enoch. I used to have that Book but lent it out and you know the rest? Yep, didn't get it back. Enoch identified "them" as fallen angels who introduced all kinds of evil to the women. cosmetic's hair styles, dress, etc. All evil. I guess, in all the research that I did, in those days, I went with fallen angels as the "them".

Back in the beginning of this thread, Edward mentioned the Book of Enoch. I used to have that Book but lent it out and you know the rest? Yep, didn't get it back. Enoch identified "them" as fallen angels who introduced all kinds of evil to the women. cosmetic's hair styles, dress, etc. All evil. I guess, in all the research that I did, in those days, I went with fallen angels as the "them".

Enoch referred to them as Watchers.

The scriptures does not refer to them as fallen angels, but rather angels.

When they chose to to marry the women and have sexual relations with them, at that time they became "fallen" or outcast.

These were not among the group that went with Lucifer, before mankind was created.

To me, "fallen" angels are those that were cast out by Michael, and went with Lucifer, before man was created.

I believe those angels who disobeyed in the days of Noah were angelic beings that were not part of Lucifer's one third.

JLB

Enoch referred to them as Watchers.

The scriptures does not refer to them as fallen angels, but rather angels.

When they chose to to marry the women and have sexual relations with them, at that time they became "fallen" or outcast.

These were not among the group that went with Lucifer, before mankind was created.

To me, "fallen" angels are those that were cast out by Michael, and went with Lucifer, before man was created.

I believe those angels who disobeyed in the days of Noah were angelic beings that were not part of Lucifer's one third.

JLB

Ok, I have never heard that. It sounds logical to me. Thank you for the explanation Brother, I always look forward to your input into threads, you appear to me as a man who has studied Scripture a lot and have gained valuable knowledge. Thank you for sharing.

Enoch is not Scripture.
When you use a book that is not Scripture to explain Scripture, you will undoubtedly have problems.
Talmud, Midrash, commentaries, books and letters by our early church fathers, books by great Christian thinkers through the ages are all great resources.
But the Bible is complete.
All the answers are in the Bible, not these other resources.

Enoch is not Scripture.
When you use a book that is not Scripture to explain Scripture, you will undoubtedly have problems.
Talmud, Midrash, commentaries, books and letters by our early church fathers, books by great Christian thinkers through the ages are all great resources.

I'm aware of this, although I appreciate your pointing out that fact. From what I studied in the past, Enoch was the only book that received a lot of scrutiny because it did meet with some of the criteria for canonization, such as being present in another portion of Scripture. I guess I've always had a question in my mind concerning what you point out.

I feel that the only people who want to justify the book of Enoch are those who want to believe in the "fallen angel" theory.

I feel that the only people who want to justify the book of Enoch are those who want to believe in the "fallen angel" theory.

You are probably right my friend. We really can't put much stock into something the early men rejected as canon. That is what I really believe. So I'm in total agreement with you,

You're such an agreeable chap.
You need to yell and tell people they are
"WRONG" once in a while.

Ha Ha, well, there is that other side of me. I have an enormous amount of respect for you. I have read a lot of your posts and you always speak the truth in love. Actually, you were one of the men on the forum that I took as an example to follow. SO YOU'RE TO BLAME FOR MY NICE GUY APPROACH! YELL, YELL:angry3 !!!

lol. well as chopper nows from the things in the mod threads. I will not post much on that here. but I will say this. that if one is to believe that the nephillim are fallen angels then their offspring aren't human and cant be saved.i see danger in teaching a doctrine that isn't that clear on it at all

Have you ever noticed how "In the days of Noah..." gets said the same way you would say "By the power vested in me..."

Try it.

(Okay, back to the discussion...)

Enoch is not Scripture.

14 Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men also, saying, "Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saints, Jude 14

Scripture refers to Enoch as a Prophet, referencing the Book of Enoch.

If scripture uses Enoch to validate scripture then so will I.

This is not commentary.

JLB

14 Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men also, saying, "Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saints, Jude 14

Scripture refers to Enoch as a Prophet, referencing the Book of Enoch.

If scripture uses Enoch to validate scripture then so will I.

This is not commentary.

JLB
But wouldn't the point be if it could be relied on as being actual scripture?

Just because something isn't scripture doesn't mean it can't be useful in some regard. And vice versa.

Think of popular teachers in the church today. We can certainly learn from some things they say, and even quote them, but to elevate their messages to that of error-free, inspired scripture would not be acceptable at all.

Paul quoted secular writings of the day. That hardly makes them error-free scripture, right? But still useful for what they were used for.

Back