Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Ask and You Shall Recieve

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

HeIsRisen2018

Dramione love 3333
I always wondered just what exactly this verse meant when God doesn't give us everything we ask for. So does anybody know the true meaning of it?

Matthew 7:7 " Keep on asking and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be open for you."

What we ask for has to be in Gods will for us to have as He knows better than we do of what we need and knows how to give us His best gifts. Many treat God like He is a Genie in a lamp and every time they rub it their wish will be granted. It doesn't work that way. Sometimes God's answer is no for He has His reason and we just have to accept the no's.

Philippians 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Sometimes what we need is not actually what God considers our need, but only wants.

What we ask for has to be in Gods will for us to have as He knows better than we do of what we need and knows how to give us His best gifts. Many treat God like He is a Genie in a lamp and every time they rub it their wish will be granted. It doesn't work that way. Sometimes God's answer is no for He has His reason and we just have to accept the no's.

Philippians 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Sometimes what we need is not actually what God considers our need, but only wants.

Thank you, that makes so much more sense to me now and I've said that before about the genie thing too. Many times in fact. I wish I knew why that He gives some people a yes and others a no, but I also realize that everything He does is for our own good because He loves us and there are just some things that we'll never find out the answer to. Why do we have to question every little thing? Why are we always asking why? Probably God is the only one who knows the answers to those questions as well.

so many take this scripture and run it like wild fire in a dry field.. a logical reply

I always wondered just what exactly this verse meant when God doesn't give us everything we ask for. So does anybody know the true meaning of it?

Matthew 7:7 " Keep on asking and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be open for you."

There is really only one thing that you should keep on asking for, and when your heart is prepared, then you shall receive it. If you have Faith. But sadly many people don't even know what they should be asking for. You have another thread in this study forum where you asked about seeing God face to face. Ask, and you shall receive. Keep on seeking, and you will find it. And while your flesh would desire the physical interaction like seeing and greeting your parents; when door is opened and you come to the knowledge of the presence of the Spirit of Christ with you, then you shall know God face to face, and you shall see His presence by your Faith. But for this you must continue to seek after the knowledge and revelation of Jesus Christ. Keep on asking, and you shall receive it. Keep on seeking, and when you shall discover that pearl of great price, then you will know.

But for some this is difficult, because instead of seeking after the knowledge of Christ, they feel a desire to fight against the enemy, and so they seek after the knowledge of the antichrist, or Satan. Or maybe they would rather seek out the knowledge of sin and evil, so they can warn others of the wrath of God??.

It is written that you should love the Lord thy God with ALL thine heart. So with all of thy heart, keep on asking for the knowledge of Christ. Seek the revelation of the Spirit of Christ with all your heart, and you will find it. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened for you. But if you should decide to go knocking at doors and looking, then know that you should be watching the door to your own house, for Jesus said, behold, I stand at the door and knock. So seek the knowledge of Christ with all your heart, so when he stands at the door and knocks, you won't think him to be some thief in the night.

I've pledged my life to God many years ago.... Since? I've gotten everything that I asked for in spades.

It's like He has no appreciation or inclination to appreciate the consequences of Him doling out His power for me.

Thank you, that makes so much more sense to me now and I've said that before about the genie thing too. Many times in fact. I wish I knew why that He gives some people a yes and others a no, but I also realize that everything He does is for our own good because He loves us and there are just some things that we'll never find out the answer to. Why do we have to question every little thing? Why are we always asking why? Probably God is the only one who knows the answers to those questions as well.
Hi little Sis, great post .. 1 Kings 3:5-15 .. We are all proud of you and can see you growing in the Lord .. God is good :amen

Sometimes I have asked for something and God has answered in a different way. I have always realised He has answered in the right way. God is all knowing He is the greatest friend we will ever have.

Me too, Sister. I think He does that on purpose so that we will not...only see that He works in certain ways (according to our understanding) because that would be putting Him in a religious box.

I prayed for help before...knowing how it should could be answered (Lol!)...and He didn't answer in that way. It took me a week to figure it out. Another time I remember I thought about praying for something that I needed, but I remembered that, He already knows our needs, so I did not pray for that.

That was an act of faith to stand on His word. My (Non-)prayer answer was knocking on my door within 30 minutes!

The parable of the Talents in Matthew 25:14-30 has a lot of application to this topic/question.

Uh-oh, my work just called. I thought I was to be off again but I have to go. Meantime, give this parable a perusal and we can talk more after I get home. :)

Blessings!

Hi little Sis, great post .. 1 Kings 3:5-15 .. We are all proud of you and can see you growing in the Lord .. God is good :amen

All the time! Lol, I got trained up with all of my church time with my grandparents as a child. :lol Anyway, I can certainly feel myself growing in the Lord as well. :cross And the more I read the Bible, the more that I will grow with wisdom and get closer to God. And the more I ask questions, the more I will learn. I have actually already learned quite a bit since signing up here and I have got a lot stronger spirtually wise too. :yes

We do have a tendency to always ask why and I can hear God saying I hold your future in my hands and I know better for you then you do yourself of what you need as I have a better plan.

The parable of the Talents in Matthew 25:14-30 has a lot of application to this topic/question.

Uh-oh, my work just called. I thought I was to be off again but I have to go. Meantime, give this parable a perusal and we can talk more after I get home. :)

Blessings!

That was fun. Every little thing that could go wrong did go wrong, but on the plus side, I got a lot of hours in! Lol.

Ok, In hindsight I see that the Lord has been trying to teach me these things for a long time! I have, called Him on it and said Hey this is Edward knock knock lemmee in! (paraphrased lol)...and, He has not opened the door to the extent that I seek. I want to know Him, I want Him to know me. He promised, seek and you will find, knock and it will be opened...And this is what was revealed to me about it. Yes, we are to seek Him. Yes we will find Him...but He is not an easy catch. He wants to know that we are serious about wanting a personal relationship with Him before He opens the door or lets us find Him.

He does this by not doing it, to see if we give up or persist. I'm not sure about other cultures, but in the US, I do know that most people give up way too easily and too soon. After I learned this...I began seeing testimonies and noticing how long the Lord made them wait before He opened the door for them, and these (from what I see) are good Brothers and Sisters that are more mature than I! 10 yrs, 12 yrs, 20 yrs, 28 years!!!...and then boom all of a sudden, Jesus or an Angel will show up and give you a visit or like I geard last night about one, SOmeone had been praying for gifts of the Spirit (don't remember which one, sorry!) and one night Jesus just apprared to this man and said to Him, you have been praying for 10 years for...XXXXXX (?) and tonight I gift you with this...(something to that effect) and anointed Him with his gift. 10 years praying for something!

So that verse you posted does not lie...but He didn't exactly say it would be fast or your first time asking for something either, right? Lol... So keep on asking!

Did you know that praying to the Lord for anything, even asking for help is worship? It is.

But the way I figure it, our example is in the parable of the Talents. Absolutely everyone has been blessed by God in their life. (given a talent or two or five) and now, the owner (Jesus) is out of town on business. But He put us where we are now and everything good that has ever come to us was by Him. So the question we should ask ourselves is, (based on the Parable of the talents)...are we going to be profitable or unprofitable servants unto the Lord with what He has given us?

I hear He is returning soon! It was the unprofiable servant that said to the owner, I kept your goods safe but didn't make any profit. This is similar to how sometimes people say, well I don't evangelize or anything but I have the Lord in my heart. (non-active Christians). Unprofitable servants. Those guys get cast into outer darkness! That's scary!

We must put the hand to the plow, and produce fruit for the Lord! The Lord answers prayers faster for those He knows better and are active and working for Him as opposed to someone who may have got saved, but isn't active, might not even be reading His Word?

There's a lot of different levels in the Spirit of the Lord. First you get your feet wet, then it's ankle deep, then waist deep, finally you're swimming in the Lord. Those brothers and Sisters who are waist deep have more favor of the Lord upon them than others who may only have got their feet wet in Him.

Does that make sense to you?

That was fun. Every little thing that could go wrong did go wrong, but on the plus side, I got a lot of hours in! Lol.

Ok, In hindsight I see that the Lord has been trying to teach me these things for a long time! I have, called Him on it and said Hey this is Edward knock knock lemmee in! (paraphrased lol)...and, He has not opened the door to the extent that I seek. I want to know Him, I want Him to know me. He promised, seek and you will find, knock and it will be opened...And this is what was revealed to me about it. Yes, we are to seek Him. Yes we will find Him...but He is not an easy catch. He wants to know that we are serious about wanting a personal relationship with Him before He opens the door or lets us find Him.

He does this by not doing it, to see if we give up or persist. I'm not sure about other cultures, but in the US, I do know that most people give up way too easily and too soon. After I learned this...I began seeing testimonies and noticing how long the Lord made them wait before He opened the door for them, and these (from what I see) are good Brothers and Sisters that are more mature than I! 10 yrs, 12 yrs, 20 yrs, 28 years!!!...and then boom all of a sudden, Jesus or an Angel will show up and give you a visit or like I geard last night about one, SOmeone had been praying for gifts of the Spirit (don't remember which one, sorry!) and one night Jesus just apprared to this man and said to Him, you have been praying for 10 years for...XXXXXX (?) and tonight I gift you with this...(something to that effect) and anointed Him with his gift. 10 years praying for something!

So that verse you posted does not lie...but He didn't exactly say it would be fast or your first time asking for something either, right? Lol... So keep on asking!

Did you know that praying to the Lord for anything, even asking for help is worship? It is.

But the way I figure it, our example is in the parable of the Talents. Absolutely everyone has been blessed by God in their life. (given a talent or two or five) and now, the owner (Jesus) is out of town on business. But He put us where we are now and everything good that has ever come to us was by Him. So the question we should ask ourselves is, (based on the Parable of the talents)...are we going to be profitable or unprofitable servants unto the Lord with what He has given us?

I hear He is returning soon! It was the unprofiable servant that said to the owner, I kept your goods safe but didn't make any profit. This is similar to how sometimes people say, well I don't evangelize or anything but I have the Lord in my heart. (non-active Christians). Unprofitable servants. Those guys get cast into outer darkness! That's scary!

We must put the hand to the plow, and produce fruit for the Lord! The Lord answers prayers faster for those He knows better and are active and working for Him as opposed to someone who may have got saved, but isn't active, might not even be reading His Word?

There's a lot of different levels in the Spirit of the Lord. First you get your feet wet, then it's ankle deep, then waist deep, finally you're swimming in the Lord. Those brothers and Sisters who are waist deep have more favor of the Lord upon them than others who may only have got their feet wet in Him.

Brilliant post Edward.

No, not really. That's a little long and too much words for me. Besides, I'm not an evangelist but I trust in Christ. So I'm pretty sure that I'm still going to Heaven. Of course I do share my faith when given the opportunity, I just don't preach it. That's all.

Brilliant post Edward.

Thank you Sister, but, it took me so long to put that all together! He fed it to me piece by piece, so the credit really goes to the Lord!

I do not want to be the plumber again (in Heaven). I was here (and HVAC and Elect.) and I know, when He does show up...and I have fruit (profit) for Him...I'sa be promoted! Lol! It says build up your treasures in Heaven, so, I'm working on the business plan for it!! This is what He's showing me.

It takes so long though! I feel like a slow learner but I know it isn't that (well, we all are) but just a time consuming process of purification and sanctification, these things take time. That's what bites about it because there's (earthly) work to be done, and so many distractions which steal my time, I can see that now.

No, not really. That's a little long and too much words for me. Besides, I'm not an evangelist but I trust in Christ. So I'm pretty sure that I'm still going to Heaven. Of course I do share my faith when given the opportunity, I just don't preach it. That's all.

I just used that as an example. Not everyone is an evangelist. There are many ways to produce fruit.

I just used that as an example. Not everyone is an evangelist. There are many ways to produce fruit.

Oh okay I'm sorry, I just misunderstood you then. I still really don't understand what you were trying to say to tell you the truth. :confused

Oh okay I'm sorry, I just misunderstood you then. I still really don't understand what you were trying to say to tell you the truth. :confused

No problem Sister. Here's a poem that my sister had and gave to me. She didn't write it, I dunno where it came from. It's called.

And God Said No

I asked God to take away my pride, and God said no. He said it was not for Him to take away, but for me to give up.
I asked God to make my handicapped child whole, and God said no. He said her spirit is whole, her body is only temporary.
I asked God to grant me patience, and God said no. He said Patience is a by-product of tribulation, it isn't granted, it's earned.
I asked God to give me happiness, and God said no. He said He gives blessings, happiness is up to me.
I asked God to spare me pain, and God said no. He said suffering draws you apart from worldly cares and brings you closer to me.
I asked God to make my spirit grow, and God said no. He said I must grow on my own, but He will prune me to make me fruitful.
I asked God to help me love others as much as He loves me. And God said, Ah, finally you have the idea!

Back