Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

At what point is the blood applied?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
All of Romans is Truth, and that includes Rom 7:4

4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Believers had been made dead to the law by the body of Christ which simply means His Death. His Death for them put away their sins against Gods Law ! If you dont believe that, i feel sorry for you. In fact, if you dot believe that, there would be no reason to even get water baptized because you dont believe what it symbolizes.
are you saying that the blood is applied at the point of belief (mental acceptance of jesus). Cause if so Rom 7:4 doesn’t say that.

are you saying that the blood is applied at the point of belief (mental acceptance of jesus). Cause if so Rom 7:4 doesn’t say that.
No far from it. You hare having difficulty grasping a simple truth. Those Christ died for became dead to the Law by His death Rom 7:4
Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

So when did God accept Christs Death for their sins ?

At what point are we saved/cleansed/washed/etc. by the blood of Jesus?
you just answered your question the moment we are saved the blood is applied justification by the Blood by grace and by faith justification is declared NOT GUILTY debt paid just as if we had never sinned

(mental acceptance of jesus).
there is no mental acceptance romans 10:10 “For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” many are 13 inches from going to heaven 13 inches from the brain to the heart . if its mental you have nothing.

you just answered your question the moment we are saved the blood is applied justification by the Blood by grace and by faith justification is declared NOT GUILTY debt paid just as if we had never sinned
So when did God accept Christs Death/Blood for their sins ?

So when did God accept Christs Death/Blood for their sins ?
without the shedding of Blood there is No remission of sin... Christ paid the price in advance for the who so ever . some say the blood sacrifice was presented during the 3 days of of the tomb.. the free gift is available to any. we just have to accept it

without the shedding of Blood there is No remission of sin... Christ paid the price in advance for the who so ever . some say the blood sacrifice was presented during the 3 days of of the tomb.. the free gift is available to any. we just have to accept it
You failed to answer my question and went off into another tangent. When did God accept the Blood of Christ for the sins of them He died for. The Blood wasnt offered to man, but to God !

The Blood wasnt offered to man, but to God !

nope but the Blood was for all mankind.. God ordained the shedding of Blood Christ fulfilled it.. so i would say at the cross at the cross where i first saw the light . the cross was payment for our sin and the sins of the world . if you have a scripture that says thus saith the Lord i would be happy to read it. all though i suspect this is going in a certain direction !!!

nope but the Blood was for all mankind.. God ordained the shedding of Blood Christ fulfilled it.. so i would say at the cross at the cross where i first saw the light . the cross was payment for our sin and the sins of the world . if you have a scripture that says thus saith the Lord i would be happy to read it. all though i suspect this is going in a certain direction !!!
No the blood was for Gods Church Acts 20:28

28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

And the Blood was an offering to God, not man !

No the blood was for Gods Church Acts 20:28

28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

And the Blood was an offering to God, not man !
who is the Church those saved.. how does one become the Church ? get saved so the Blood is for our sins

Ephesians 1:7​

“In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

1 Peter Chapter 1

16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:

18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

to be redeemed -- we have to be lost when we get saved we are justified grace blood faith a sinner must be saved ..
romans 5
6For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 7For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 8But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 9Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 10For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. 11And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

as paul harvey use to end his news cast and now you know the rest of the story Jesus saves :bible :sohappy

now then before this conversation grows . i am fairly certain where it will lead.. i see you tag says Calvinism over seer .i can respect Calvinism as i can respect most other denoms/ doctrines.. BUT not agree with it..

jerry

who is the Church those saved.. how does one become the Church ? get saved so the Blood is for our sins

This is error. Yes the Church is those saved, and who will be saved, but the only way to become the Church is by Election, had to be chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world.

Ephesians 1:7​

“In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

1 Peter Chapter 1

16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:

18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

to be redeemed -- we have to be lost when we get saved we are justified grace blood faith a sinner must be saved ..
romans 5
6For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 7For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 8But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 9Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 10For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. 11And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

as paul harvey use to end his news cast and now you know the rest of the story Jesus saves :bible :sohappy

now then before this conversation grows . i am fairly certain where it will lead.. i see you tag says Calvinism over seer .i can respect Calvinism as i can respect most other denoms/ doctrines.. BUT not agree with it..
1 Peter is concerning Gods Elect, not all mankind. 1 Pet 1:1-2

Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

So the sprinkling of the Blood, application is to the Elect alone, those chosen in Christ before the world began Eph 1:4

jerry

This is error. Yes the Church is those saved, and who will be saved, but the only way to become the Church is by Election, had to be chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world.
LOL i would more than be happy to go toe to toe with you.. i am very much free will % 199 to the bone. so let me end this as i dont agree will not agree and i knew what direction this was going . of course its error its not your doctrine.. have a good day

LOL i would more than be happy to go toe to toe with you.. i am very much free will % 199 to the bone. so let me end this as i dont agree will not agree and i knew what direction this was going . of course its error its not your doctrine.. have a good day
No need for any toe to toe, you are in error friend.

1 Peter is concerning Gods Elect, not all mankind. 1 Pet 1:1-2

Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

So the sprinkling of the Blood, application is to the Elect alone, those chosen in Christ before the world began Eph 1:4
sorry dude as harry truman sign on his desk read the buck stops here another place time maybe but not here ..ive debated this many times ..but not here

sorry dude as harry truman sign on his desk read the buck stops here another place time maybe but not here ..ive debated this many times ..but not here
Also your quote of Eph 1:7 is only about the Elect, those Chosen in Christ before the foundation Eph 1:4 Redemption is only for Gods chose, and its applied only to them ! Ps 130:8

And he shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities. Israel is another name for Gods Chosen in Christ !

Also your quote of Eph 1:7 is only about the Elect, those Chosen in Christ before the foundation Eph 1:4 Redemption is only for Gods chose, and its applied only to them ! Ps 130:8

And he shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities. Israel is another name for Gods Chosen in Christ !
have a good day case closed if we discuss it wont turn out very nice :sorry2x:thumbsup

“The moment we are saved”? At what point does salvation occur?

Back