Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

At what point is the blood applied?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
there is no mental acceptance romans 10:10 “For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” many are 13 inches from going to heaven 13 inches from the brain to the heart . if its mental you have nothing.
The Biblical “heart” is not the blood pump. It is the mind, the intellect. Christianity is a religion of the mind it is not one based on emotions and feelings. You can ”feel” right all day long but really be wrong. The Bible is clear on that point. Do you think those spoken of in Mt 7:21,22 feel like they are right? But Jesus thinks not.

who is the Church those saved.. how does one become the Church ? get saved so the Blood is for our sins

Ephesians 1:7​

“In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
Good question…”who is the church”?
First we can ask…WHAT is the “church”? Let’s use the Ephesian letter you are using.
Later in that chapter we see this..
And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.
Ephesians 1:22-23
The “church” is the “body” of Christ. In Eph 4 we see that there is only one body which means there is only one church Not a bunch of denominations. Now, How does one get into the church/body?
We are baptized into Christ…Rom 6:3, 1 Cor 12:13, Gal 3:26,27
Were those in Ephesus baptized into Christ? Yes. They were actually baptized twice because they didnt do the first one for the right reasons. Can you show me another way into the body or into Christ?

you might want to read romans 10:10 the heart and mind work together the physical heart is seated with all kinds emptions paul wrote sanctity body spirit soul study it out
With the heart one is to believe. How do you do that without first information and second making up your mind to accept that information. Where is all the emotion in Rom 10? Actually Paul tells us in 10:17 that “faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God”. Where is the emotion in that? That says you don’t even have faith, you cant even “believe” without having the word of God first. If you want to provide more scripture I will be happy to look at it.

Good question…”who is the church”?
First we can ask…WHAT is the “church”? Let’s use the Ephesian letter you are using.
Later in that chapter we see this..
And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.
Ephesians 1:22-23
The “church” is the “body” of Christ. In Eph 4 we see that there is only one body which means there is only one church Not a bunch of denominations. Now, How does one get into the church/body?
We are baptized into Christ…Rom 6:3, 1 Cor 12:13, Gal 3:26,27
Were those in Ephesus baptized into Christ? Yes. They were actually baptized twice because they didnt do the first one for the right reasons. Can you show me another way into the body or into Christ?
we are baptized into Christ the moment we get saved
The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ: 1 Peter 3:21 when you add water baptism to be saved .you take Grace out have a good day i am through with this rhetoric

we are baptized into Christ the moment we get saved
The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ: 1 Peter 3:21 when you add water baptism to be saved .you take Grace out have a good day i am through with this rhetoric
Again, you just made this up. 1 Pet 3:21 is specifically talking about water baptism. The context is all about water and it says that this baptism (water) NOW SAVES US. It’s not taking a bath to remove filth, but an answer to a good conscience. How does that work? My conscience is clear knowing that I did what God asked me to do for salvation. Thats what it means to “call on the name of the Lord”.
And he never asked anyone to just believe and pray.
I didnt add water at all. God did! You think I came up with water baptism? Now how does something God commanded take grace out of it? Thats absurd. He commanded belief! Does that take grace out of it? Your doctrine cannot be supported from the Bible. You have to go to David Jeremiah or someone like that to get this doctrine. It didnt come from God.

“The moment we are saved”? At what point does salvation occur?
It depends on what part of Salvation you speaking of. It has primarily 3 different phases, Eternal, Legal, and Spiritual. The saved were always saved from an eternal perspective based upon Gods Purpose and Grace given them in Christ Jesus before the world began 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Who hath saved us according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Lets see if you can digest this first !

It depends on what part of Salvation you speaking of. It has primarily 3 different phases, Eternal, Legal, and Spiritual. The saved were always saved from an eternal perspective based upon Gods Purpose and Grace given them in Christ Jesus before the world began 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Who hath saved us according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Lets see if you can digest this first !
I have no idea what you are talking about. My guess is you are still on your ”im one of the elect” train.

Let me ask you this?
Are you one of the ”elect”? I need to know who im dealing with here..

It is the blood that makes peace between God and man. The blood is effective ( or applied) when we believe and when we repent.

It is the blood that makes peace between God and man. The blood is effective ( or applied) when we believe and when we repent.
I noticed there is no scripture there to back that up. Peter told his audience who believed his message that they needed to repent and be baptized in order to remitt sins. You stopped at repentance. This, according to Peter and others, means your sins have not been removed. How can you say that the blood is applied while you are still in your sins?

Salvation is received.
Jesus to Paul at Paul's appointment. Paul was not a believer before that encounter. God can forgive anyone at anytime and is not bound. But it appears to be faith in Jesus through the knowledge of the truth and a willingness to follow Jesus. (Belief in the heart and outward profession of faith in Christ)

I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,’ the Lord replied. 16‘Now get up and stand on your feet. I have appeared to you to appoint you as a servant and as a witness of what you have seen and will see of me. 17I will rescue you from your own people and from the Gentiles. I am sending you to them 18to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.’

But even before Jesus was crucified He had authority to forgive sins.

Jesus stepped into a boat, crossed over and came to his own town. 2Some men brought to him a paralyzed man, lying on a mat. When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the man, “Take heart, son; your sins are forgiven.”

3At this, some of the teachers of the law said to themselves, “This fellow is blaspheming!”

4Knowing their thoughts, Jesus said, “Why do you entertain evil thoughts in your hearts? 5Which is easier: to say, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Get up and walk’? 6But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.” So he said to the paralyzed man, “Get up, take your mat and go home.” 7Then the man got up and went home. 8When the crowd saw this, they were filled with awe; and they praised God, who had given such authority to man.

Two asked something of Jesus while He was on the cross. Only one received a answer in his favor. The one who believed in Him.

I noticed there is no scripture there to back that up. Peter told his audience who believed his message that they needed to repent and be baptized in order to remitt sins. You stopped at repentance. This, according to Peter and others, means your sins have not been removed. How can you say that the blood is applied while you are still in your sins?
I could have written out scripture to back me up as you put it but I don’t think you will accept any answer to your question.

I have no idea what you are talking about. My guess is you are still on your ”im one of the elect” train.

Let me ask you this?
Are you one of the ”elect”? I need to know who im dealing with here..
If you have no idea what Im talking about, then this discussion is ended, unless you want to learn of the different aspects of Salvation. The Eternal realm, the legal realm, and the Spiritual realm, and the glorified realm. Are you open to learn or discuss ?

If you have no idea what Im talking about, then this discussion is ended, unless you want to learn of the different aspects of Salvation. The Eternal realm, the legal realm, and the Spiritual realm, and the glorified realm. Are you open to learn or discuss ?
Are you one of the elect? I told you that I need to know who im dealing with.

try me. At least I would have something to study.
I would like to say that I don’t see the bible as an academic treatise or an intellectual series of exercises and so on. Jesus is Love and his blood is for the remission of sins. 1 Peter 1:18,19- “ not with corruptible things as silver and gold - but by the precious blood, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot - the blood of the Christ”.

Also read Hebrews 9:14 “how much rather... “. On the day of atonement propitiation on the one hand and the transfer of guilt on the other.

I wanted to reply to you because in the bible it says to edify each other.

I would like to say that I don’t see the bible as an academic treatise or an intellectual series of exercises and so on.
we can start studying at a young age and we will never get to the bottom of all the Bible has to teach. That is how much time people need to spend studying the word.
Jesus is Love and his blood is for the remission of sins. 1 Peter 1:18,19- “ not with corruptible things as silver and gold - but by the precious blood, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot - the blood of the Christ”.
i totally agree. I just didnt want you to think I am totally disagreeable.
Also read Hebrews 9:14 “how much rather... “. On the day of atonement propitiation on the one hand and the transfer of guilt on the other.

I wanted to reply to you because in the bible it says to edify each other.
Ok. I agree with that too. Dont have any problem with any of this if I have read it correctly. I usually just pass over post I agree with because there’s so much other that needs to be discussed.

we can start studying at a young age and we will never get to the bottom of all the Bible has to teach. That is how much time people need to spend studying the word.

i totally agree. I just didnt want you to think I am totally disagreeable.

Ok. I agree with that too. Dont have any problem with any of this if I have read it correctly. I usually just pass over post I agree with because there’s so much other that needs to be discussed.

Yes. See also Romans Chapter 3 vs 25. It’s all about what I’ve answered. I am quite new to the faith and the Holy Bible is most astounding astonishing and beautiful. I read daily now because I can’t stop. I don’t see your posts as disagreeable I’m interested in what you brought up and I did my best to say what I felt and thought.

Back