Christian Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Christian Forum aspires to be an online community where Christians can come together in fellowship with the purpose to encourage, inspire and build up our faith in Christ Jesus. John 13:34-35
  • Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

avoid vain arguments - do not bite and devour

ezra

Christian
Yes
Galatians 2:20
romans 8:12-14 King James Version (KJV)
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
work out our own salvation take care of me first great advice but will we? merry Christmas

for_his_glory

Light in darkness
Staff member
Administrator
From
South Carolina
Christian
Yes
Latin root word for religion is bondage, which is different then that of Gods pure religion of James 1:27, but that of following tradition and the doctrine of a mans church, not Gods true Church. The Latin root word is religare as re is a prefix that means return and ligare means to bind. Religion tells you what you can and cannot do and becomes socially acceptable by mans interpretations, traditions and doctrines. Religion is what nailed Christ to the cross because the Bible is not socially acceptable to society, if it were then Christ would have died in vain. God is not about mans religion, nor does he recognize organized religion. God is about a personal relationship with you and His son Jesus Christ.

John 1:1 in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:2 the same was in the beginning with God.
John 1:3 all things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
John 1:4 in him was life; and the life was the light of men.
John 1:5 and the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Bob Carabbio

From
Glenn Heights, TX
Christian
Yes
One aspect of the "Charismatic Outpouring" ('66-'78 or so) was The consciousness that the Denominational "Precious defining doctrines" that generally led to interdenominational dissension in most cases weren't worth fighting over, and we all saw relational, and spiritual aspects, that were so much higher than the normal minor theological background noise that kept us separated. This, of course was only possible during the time when the presence of the Holy Spirit was strong during the time of the revival itself. in the late '70s, and '80s there tended to be a return to the "old ways", and folks tended to re-denominationalize - uless they grouped off into trying to "Keep it Going", which was impossible without the driving of the Holy Spirit. I went back into the AG afterwards, But was no longer "Defined by it" in other than a general fashion.

for_his_glory

Light in darkness
Staff member
Administrator
From
South Carolina
Christian
Yes
One aspect of the "Charismatic Outpouring" ('66-'78 or so) was The consciousness that the Denominational "Precious defining doctrines" that generally led to interdenominational dissension in most cases weren't worth fighting over, and we all saw relational, and spiritual aspects, that were so much higher than the normal minor theological background noise that kept us separated. This, of course was only possible during the time when the presence of the Holy Spirit was strong during the time of the revival itself. in the late '70s, and '80s there tended to be a return to the "old ways", and folks tended to re-denominationalize - uless they grouped off into trying to "Keep it Going", which was impossible without the driving of the Holy Spirit. I went back into the AG afterwards, But was no longer "Defined by it" in other than a general fashion.

We should never be defined by religion, but only that of what spirit is dwelling in us. We will know them by the fruits they bare.

stovebolts

Staff member
Administrator
From
Michigan
Thanks for sharing your experience. It's amazing to me how the Holy Spirit moves through the generations.

JLB

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life
Staff member
Administrator
From
Texas
a million dollar question personalities on the net come out.. try getting a apostolic Pentecostal to find common ground with a southern baptist hard to do

There should be no such denominations in the Church.

These denominations spring forth from man made doctrines.

Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. 1 Corinthians 1:10

• that you all speak the same thing,
  • that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind

There is one doctrine; The doctrine of Christ.

JLB

stovebolts

Staff member
Administrator
From
Michigan
There should be no such denominations in the Church.

These denominations spring forth from man made doctrines.

Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. 1 Corinthians 1:10

• that you all speak the same thing,
  • that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind

There is one doctrine; The doctrine of Christ.

JLB
This is truth brother.
Wasn't there a thread on the doctrine of Christ? It may be time to revisit that topic, or start a fresh thread. I think it would be edifying.

JLB

Staff member
Administrator
From
Texas
great scriptures

Jesus came to divide truth from error so that people could be saved

Do you suppose that I came to give peace on earth? I tell you, not at all, but rather division. For from now on five in one house will be divided: three against two, and two against three. Father will be divided against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against her daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.”
Luke 12:51-53

Actially, the scripture you responded to, mentions nothing about dividing truth from error.

It’s about dividing people, close family members who refuse to submit to Jesus Christ and His teachings from those who do.

It’s important that we come into agreement over the things He taught us, the things in scripture.

JLB

JLB

Staff member
Administrator
From
Texas
I went back into the AG afterwards, But was no longer "Defined by it" in other than a general fashion.

Amen.

There are some good doctrinal teachings in the AG, but a few that are still not biblical.

For me personally, it is what the Pastor and leadership teach to their individual congregations, and are living out as an example.

I pray for a return of the solid biblical teachings of the first century church and the outpouring of the Spirit to return to the Church in these last days.

JLB

JLB

Staff member
Administrator
From
Texas
Can anyone imagine how it must have been in the first Century, living in Jerusalem, even during the time when the Temple was still standing.

Living in a tight knit Jewish community of Judaism.

Even living in the same household where some of the people are believers in Christ Jesus, while the others are not, claiming He is a false prophet.

Can you imagine the tension?

The head of the household demanding that the believers keep the law of Moses, while the believers are trying to explain that Jesus fulfilled the law, and that He is the true Messiah.

This is the context of Luke 12:51-53

JLB

Prycejosh1987

From
BIRMINGHAM
Galatians 5:15 - 2 Timothy 2:23 - 2 Timothy 2:14 - says that when we start devouring one another rather than having a friendly discussion of scripture we risk tearing others down and ruining anyone that is listening to the ungodly attacking exchanges
Unfortunately, we live in a spiritual world where there isnt many pillars of faith. People with weaker faith are people that's minds can be changed with words. We have to be careful with our words, as to not deter new people in faith.