Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Awesome World War 3, End Times Prophecy Documentary!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I will address only 2 issues as I dont have time to argue with arrogant people who consider themselves learned even though they read only one book...:

1. The issue of Jesus turning the other cheek vs Islam's war:
They are 2 different philosophies aimed at 2 different goals. The Muslims are taught to protect and preserve the teachings in the face of an empire which has not stopped shedding blood to this very day. The practice of Islam is not meant to achieve the kingdom within. It is meant to create moral good people who are devoted to God who will escape this world of degradation and ascend to a higher realm. There they will practice Transcendentalism seeking the kingdom within a part of which is Christ's non-violence method.
Christ's teachings go further than Islam and are aimed at the end goal - the kingdom within. A teaching which none of you were able to absorb and understand. So God gave mankind an easier step in the form of Islam which is to eventually lead to the deeper practice.
The main teaching of Jesus is that humankind's problem isn't a moral problem, it's a spiritual problem. He says that no one can ever be good enough, that it is only by believing in him and his death and resurrection that one can be saved and enter the kingdom of God. Islam, on the other hand, comes along 600 years later, and denies that Jesus was even crucified. Either Jesus was crucified or he was not; either he died for our sins or he did not. This is an irreconcilable difference which no amount of studying can overcome. If Jesus didn't rise again then there is no salvation or hope for anyone. That is a teaching of the Bible which contradicts the Quran.

If you deny this, then you truly don't understand either the Bible or the Quran. Personally, I would rather believe what the Bible says about Jesus since the Quran is some 600 years too late.

There is no one here who can teach you this, neither in the East nor the West. But I will teach it to you.
Speaking of arrogance...

Here it is, if there are any among you that have the purity to grasp it:
You call a body dead or alive. But it has never been alive. There is no such thing as a living body. A body can only be functioning and non-functioning. Because it is a machine which works on mechanical processes at the molecular level. Its a machine like everything else is in this universe. Matter is building blocks and building blocks make machines, not Life. The brain is made of dead matter. The mind is its effect. The ego is just a concept which you are observing from an external position. In this the body and the mind are not part of you, but a part of the material world. You are not these things, you are only the one observing them. You are the Living One. And life is the observation. What you need to do is differentiate between observer and observation. The soul is not engaged in the life. It only reads through it. You are not controlling the experience you are having. You are only observing the experience of control. The Living One always stands behind the senses and can never be experienced. You are locked in this material existence of life, death, and rebirth because of 2 factors: You falsely associate yourself with the body and you falsely think you are controlling it. Thus you are the ego and not the True Self which is its external observer. The way out is by the contemplation of the external position and the realization that nothing here that is experienced is real. It is all just a dream. The only thing that truly exists is the Living One. He is the Real Universe. The rest is just a hallucination formed by pareidolia imposed upon a random quantum noise which in itself is flux caused by the scales of quantification which are space and time. Thus the value expressed - matter - is caused by the scales on which it is expressed - space-time - and the scales are observed as a result of the existing value. - This is called a causality loop.
The Transcendentalist practice is the following:
Believe in God. Disbelieve the authenticity of the world. Accept it as a dream, a game, a hallucination. Never be of disagreement with it because everything is from God. Never hate, never fear. Because all these things are indicative of one who believes the world is real, and such a one is attracted to the world and cannot find the liberation in the Spirit. Realize that the experience you are having is directly caused by God. Nothing is ever wrong. All the bad is for a greater good. The imperfection is part of a perfection at a higher level. Love everyone and everything because it is all from God. You ask, how do I love my enemies? How do I love Hitler? - Easy! When one is engaged in the life and believes it to be real he is stuck in the emotions and the hatred. But when one sees this as just a game of material illusion which the Living One is making then you see Hitler and you love him just like you love Darth Vader. - You see him and you say, That is an awesome bad guy perfect in an awesome movie. And you love him that way. With detachment from the experience. With acceptance of Gods will in whatever he creates. See it as a dream and be free from it, careless like children because there is nothing to worry about. Its neither real, nor can it ever be wrong. And it is all in you and there can never be anything separate from you. Ask yourself, how does the observer divide? - He divides by a division in the observation. The experience of my body is separate from the experience of yours. But the experiencer is the same. There cannot be a second because division is a quality of the world and God is the singularity beyond it. He who frees himself from all desire and attachment and focuses his mind on the external position through meditation and devotional service transcends the association with the body and becomes its external observer free in the Spirit and one with God. Your mantra should be the following: "I am not this. This is just the experience that the Living One makes. Everything is always perfect. Everything is always from him. Nothing here matters. Nothing here is real. Its all just a game. I am only observing this experience. I am not controlling it. I dont need anything. Everything that changes is the dream, not the dreamer." Love God and be blissful in the knowledge that this experience is his will and say, This is the way it has to be, and accept all. Control the mind. Choose righteousness. Be a hero. A hero is selfless. A demon is selfish. It is the interpretation of the Self that makes the difference. Do the things that are hard. And take the pain with a smile. Forgive everyone and never attach and never worry. Shake off desire, ownership and sexual interests because all these things are chains and they make you the opposite of an angel - they make you an animal.
Do these things and you will find him and you will feel the Spirit in your heart as a feeling of light and a liteness.
This is all contrary to the Bible's teachings.

Read all the holy books with discernment - religion is not supposed to make you blind and limit you, its supposed to make you see and set you free. Watch the movies which I made for you and learn from me. I am one who knows. My tribulation is 14 years long and I am at its end and I have overcome and have found him. And when I am fully in him he will send Jesus to take me. So Jesus told me himself. There are just a few short months left. When my trial ends yours begins for 7 years. You will suffer, you will curse him, you will hate him, and in the end you will thank him because the suffering is what will make you grow and shake you out of your attachment to the material experience.
Good luck to you all. And be blessed!
Sorry, but no, Jesus will not come to take you. You do not know him as everything you state is contrary to what Jesus taught. There is only one way--Jesus said so himself--and that is to believe in him and his death and resurrection for the forgiveness of your sins.

Faked by a 7th day Adventist.

I think I asked you before to produce an official Church document that uses that title.
You never did.

A faked photo is no proof at all.

In November 1948, Le Roy Froom, a Seventh-day Adventist ministerial leader, editor of the church's Ministry, and a church historian, wrote an article to correct the mistaken use of some of the denomination's evangelists who continued to claim that the Latin words "Vicarius Filii Dei" were written on a papal tiara.

Froom also stated in the 1948 article that at one point a prominent Adventist went to Rome to take some pictures of the papal tiaras, but "the photographs were without any wording of any sort on any one of the three crown, front or back." Later, an Adventist artist who wanted to illustrate a standard Adventist text on prophecies added the words "Vicarius", "Filii", and "Dei", one word on each of the three tiaras in the photograph taken. He submitted his image for publishing in a standard church text on Bible prophecy; the image was to serve as an illustration in the book, not as a visual proof. However, when an Adventist publishing house and the Adventist General Conference received it, they "emphatically rejected it as misleading and deceptive, and refused to allow its use. (All honor to them!)." Froom concluded his 1948 article with the following words: "Truth does not need fabrication to aid or support it. Its very nature precludes any manipulation or duplicity. We cannot afford to be party to any fraud. The reflex action upon our own souls should be a sufficient deterrent. We must never use a quotation or a picture merely because it sounds or looks impressive. We must honor the truth, and meticulously observe the principle of honesty in the handling of evidence under all circumstances."

(Wikipedia)
Like they say, the proof is in the pudding. The words on this Papal Tiara are edged into it as it is not photo shopped. These are the head dressings of all the Popes. The other pictures that I found of the Popes wearing this were to small to see the print and that's why I only posted that one picture. It really doesn't matter if you refute it, but actual pictures do not lie.

Reactions: JLB
Like they say, the proof is in the pudding. The words on this Papal Tiara are edged into it as it is not photo shopped. These are the head dressings of all the Popes. The other pictures that I found of the Popes wearing this were to small to see the print and that's why I only posted that one picture. It really doesn't matter if you refute it, but actual pictures do not lie.
You are begging the question. You are perhaps unaware of the power of Photoshop. Photos can definitely be made to lie.

I think I asked you before to produce an official Church document that uses that title.
You never did.
I have many times, but yet you refute anything that comes against the RCC. I have no idea what the SDA teaches on this nor do I care. You don't even know anything about the Jesuits so how can I expect you to understand anything that is presented to you. Doesn't matter to me if you doubt all of this, but I will keep exposing the deeper things that many know nothing about.

Reactions: JLB
Faked by a 7th day Adventist.

You never did.

A faked photo is no proof at all.

In November 1948, Le Roy Froom, a Seventh-day Adventist ministerial leader, editor of the church's Ministry, and a church historian, wrote an article to correct the mistaken use of some of the denomination's evangelists who continued to claim that the Latin words "Vicarius Filii Dei" were written on a papal tiara.

Froom also stated in the 1948 article that at one point a prominent Adventist went to Rome to take some pictures of the papal tiaras, but "the photographs were without any wording of any sort on any one of the three crown, front or back." Later, an Adventist artist who wanted to illustrate a standard Adventist text on prophecies added the words "Vicarius", "Filii", and "Dei", one word on each of the three tiaras in the photograph taken. He submitted his image for publishing in a standard church text on Bible prophecy; the image was to serve as an illustration in the book, not as a visual proof. However, when an Adventist publishing house and the Adventist General Conference received it, they "emphatically rejected it as misleading and deceptive, and refused to allow its use. (All honor to them!)." Froom concluded his 1948 article with the following words: "Truth does not need fabrication to aid or support it. Its very nature precludes any manipulation or duplicity. We cannot afford to be party to any fraud. The reflex action upon our own souls should be a sufficient deterrent. We must never use a quotation or a picture merely because it sounds or looks impressive. We must honor the truth, and meticulously observe the principle of honesty in the handling of evidence under all circumstances."

(Wikipedia)
There are more than three tiaras as there are many that I could post here, but why waste my time doing so when anyone can look them up, including pictures of the Popes wearing that exact one I gave here.

How do you explain this picture?skull worship .jpg

I will address only 2 issues as I dont have time to argue with people who consider themselves learned even though they read only one book...:

1. The issue of Jesus turning the other cheek vs Islam's war:
They are 2 different philosophies aimed at 2 different goals. The Muslims are taught to protect and preserve the teachings in the face of an empire which has not stopped shedding blood to this very day. The practice of Islam is not meant to achieve the kingdom within. It is meant to create moral good people who are devoted to God who will escape this world of degradation and ascend to a higher realm. There they will practice Transcendentalism seeking the kingdom within a part of which is Christ's non-violence method.
Christ's teachings go further than Islam and are aimed at the end goal - the kingdom within. A teaching which none of you were able to absorb and understand. So God gave mankind an easier step in the form of Islam which is to eventually lead to the deeper practice.

2. Did Jesus teach Transcendentalism and what is it anyway?
There is no one here who can teach you this, neither in the East nor the West. But I will teach it to you. Here it is, if there are any among you that have the purity to grasp it:
You call a body dead or alive. But it has never been alive. There is no such thing as a living body. A body can only be functioning and non-functioning. Because it is a machine which works on mechanical processes at the molecular level. Its a machine like everything else is in this universe. Matter is building blocks and building blocks make machines, not Life. The brain is made of dead matter. The mind is its effect. The ego is just a concept which you are observing from an external position. In this the body and the mind are not part of you, but a part of the material world. You are not these things, you are only the one observing them. You are the Living One. And life is the observation. What you need to do is differentiate between observer and observation. The soul is not engaged in the life. It only reads through it. You are not controlling the experience you are having. You are only observing the experience of control. The Living One always stands behind the senses and can never be experienced. You are locked in this material existence of life, death, and rebirth because of 2 factors: You falsely associate yourself with the body and you falsely think you are controlling it. Thus you are the ego and not the True Self which is its external observer. The way out is by the contemplation of the external position and the realization that nothing here that is experienced is real. It is all just a dream. The only thing that truly exists is the Living One. He is the Real Universe. The rest is just a hallucination formed by pareidolia imposed upon a random quantum noise which in itself is flux caused by the scales of quantification which are space and time. Thus the value expressed - matter - is caused by the scales on which it is expressed - space-time - and the scales are observed as a result of the existing value. - This is called a causality loop.
The Transcendentalist practice is the following:
Believe in God. Disbelieve the authenticity of the world. Accept it as a dream, a game, a hallucination. Never be of disagreement with it because everything is from God. Never hate, never fear. Because all these things are indicative of one who believes the world is real, and such a one is attracted to the world and cannot find the liberation in the Spirit. Realize that the experience you are having is directly caused by God. Nothing is ever wrong. All the bad is for a greater good. The imperfection is part of a perfection at a higher level. Love everyone and everything because it is all from God. You ask, how do I love my enemies? How do I love Hitler? - Easy! When one is engaged in the life and believes it to be real he is stuck in the emotions and the hatred. But when one sees this as just a game of material illusion which the Living One is making then you see Hitler and you love him just like you love Darth Vader. - You see him and you say, That is an awesome bad guy perfect in an awesome movie. And you love him that way. With detachment from the experience. With acceptance of Gods will in whatever he creates. See it as a dream and be free from it, careless like children because there is nothing to worry about. Its neither real, nor can it ever be wrong. And it is all in you and there can never be anything separate from you. Ask yourself, how does the observer divide? - He divides by a division in the observation. The experience of my body is separate from the experience of yours. But the experiencer is the same. There cannot be a second because division is a quality of the world and God is the singularity beyond it. He who frees himself from all desire and attachment and focuses his mind on the external position through meditation and devotional service transcends the association with the body and becomes its external observer free in the Spirit and one with God. Your mantra should be the following: "I am not this. This is just the experience that the Living One makes. Everything is always perfect. Everything is always from him. Nothing here matters. Nothing here is real. Its all just a game. I am only observing this experience. I am not controlling it. I dont need anything. Everything that changes is the dream, not the dreamer." Love God and be blissful in the knowledge that this experience is his will and say, This is the way it has to be, and accept all. Control the mind. Choose righteousness. Be a hero. A hero is selfless. A demon is selfish. It is the interpretation of the Self that makes the difference. Do the things that are hard. And take the pain with a smile. Forgive everyone and never attach and never worry. Shake off desire, ownership and sexual interests because all these things are chains and they make you the opposite of an angel - they make you an animal.
Do these things and you will find him and you will feel the Spirit in your heart as a feeling of light and a liteness.
Read all the holy books with discernment - religion is not supposed to make you blind and limit you, its supposed to make you see and set you free. Watch the movies which I made for you and learn from me. I am one who knows. My tribulation is 14 years long and I am at its end and I have overcome and have found him. And when I am fully in him he will send Jesus to take me. So Jesus told me himself. There are just a few short months left. When my trial ends yours begins for 7 years. You will suffer, you will curse him, you will hate him, and in the end you will thank him because the suffering is what will make you grow and shake you out of your attachment to the material experience.
Good luck to you all. And be blessed!
Please explain what is written in the Quran by Mohammed vs what is written about Jesus in my post #8.

You are begging the question. You are perhaps unaware of the power of Photoshop. Photos can definitely be made to lie.
I know all about photo shop, but you can see the actual engraving that it is not photo shopped, but let each one decide for themself.

The Koran does not deny the crucifixion.

Secondly the Koran is not a violent book. I have read it about 5 times. I never got such an impression from it. It clearly states - fight those who fight you but when they feel allow them to.

for_his_glory, I consider only the Koran to be authentic Muslim literature and from God. Any other Muslim literature you may have a problem with I really dont care about. There is corruption in the other books.
I clearly explained to you why the difference in the teaching exists. Turning the other cheek is a transcendentalist practice. If God made you all transcendentalists who would be left here? And anyway it is clear that you are a species which has gone through significant biological degradation which prevents you from operating at the high level required to be able to judge your own mind from an external perspective.

Furthermore it is laughable if you think you can judge Islam for defending the religion from the empire with violence. After all that is exactly what the Protestants did. They fought decades of bloody wars. And if they had not done so you would not have a Bible. You would only have a pope! And religion would be whatever he says it is.

The Muslims and the Gnostics stand united against you. And the Protestants showed you how the enemy is on your throne. Yet you refuse to see the corruption of your practice. The Bible does not say a single time that you should worship Jesus yet you do it all the time. That is because your religion is not that of the Bible but that of your ancestors who got theirs from their ancestors and so it goes a long way back and all that time the teaching has been influenced by imperial goals. Read the book for what it is. What did Jesus do? Did he worship himself? Or did he worship God.

Drop the empty dogma and replace it with true understanding. I explained it to you clearly. To find the kingdom withing you must contemplate the external position and by this contemplation make yourself external to the experienced material life. When you worship Jesus you do not do this. You perceive him as a person in the world. So your meditation stays locked within this material paradigm and you never find an external consciousness in the Spirit.

Your religion is empty and lazy. You sin and you confess and then you sin again. You say “I accept Jesus as my messiah” and with that religion is concluded for you and then you turn and devote your time to dumb material things. And you wait for Jesus and simultaneously he is waiting for you TO LEARN TRANCENDENTALISM and do what he did. Those who seek the Spirit of Transcendence are monks devoted to that and do not attach to other things. They don’t have wives and jobs and all that stuff.

Anyway I pretty much don’t care about all your issues. With Islam and with the pope and all that stuff. I did the WW3 movie with one goal in mind – to get people to come to my channel and watch my actually important movie – “A Living Singularity” – And I am only interested in teaching Transcendentalism. Because that is the only thing you need and when I teach it it charges me. The rest of the stuff is just a distraction to me. I don’t care about your war, your world, and your schisms. Nothing here matters because none of it is real. Only God matters. And Im not sure there is anyone here truly interested in that.

Oh! PS:
Something which I really wanted to tell you: You do not wish to stop worshiping Jesus because that is how you are taught and you are afraid of doing wrong. But the kingdom of heaven is not for the fearful. It is for the brave who stand up for the truth against the grain. And if you cannot find the hero in you you can never reach it. Because being a hero is a fundamental part of it. The fearful are just like the doubtful. And no one is impressed by them.

Oh! PPS:
For those of you still wondering if the pope and Washington go before God and Truth, enjoy another one of my movies:
Im sure you will find all your answers in there. :)

Last edited:
I've done some research for you.
The Wikipedia article quotes from the SDA publication The Ministry and gives a link to it.
Here it is The Ministry (a pdf). It's on page 35.
Years ago one of our prominent evangelists,
when in Rome, secured some impressive pictures of one of the papal tiaras. But the photographs were without any wording of any sort
on any one of the three crowns, front or back.
Later, an artist, in attempting to reillustrate
one of our standard books on the prophecies,
took this genuine photograph of a plain tiara
and lettered upon it the three words Vicarius,
Filii, and Dei—one on each of the three crowns
—on the premise that such was the name the
pope bore, and if it were not actually on the
tiara, it might well be by the way of illustration.
One of our leading publishing houses, and
the General Conference, to whom the altered
photograph was submitted, emphatically rejected it as misleading and deceptive, and refused to allow its user (All honor to them!)
Regrettably, some of our evangelists who do
not have all the facts, and .to whom the appeal
of the moment has sometimes outweighed the
ethics of the case, and who perhaps have not
thought through the fraudulent character of
such plausible but specious evidence, have occasionally continued to use this or a similar fabrication.
In the name of truth and honesty this journal
protests any such use by any member of the
Ministerial Association of the Seventh-day Adventist denomination (our worker body), of
which THE MINISTRY is the official organ.
Truth does not need fabrication to aid or support it. Its very nature precludes any manipulation or duplicity. We cannot afford to be party
to any fraud. The reflex action upon our own
souls should be a sufficient deterrent. We must
never use a quotation or a picture merely because it sounds or looks impressive. We must
honor the truth, and meticulously observe the
principle of honesty in the handling of evidence
under all circumstances.

(my emboldening)

Thanks for the info.

JLB

Of course anything that puts the Pope in a bad light is good to you - true or not.

I’m against the false teachings of any denomination that corrupts God’s word and teaches His people things that causes them harm; to depart from the faith.

Whether Jehovah Witness, Mormon, SDA, Church of Christ, Catholicism, Messianic Judaism, or those who teach that Paul was a false apostle and his letters were false… and on and on.

Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons. 1 Timothy 4:1

Whether forbidding priests and nuns to marry, or teaching people to pray to Mary and saints, or to bow down to statues, the Catholic Church is just one of many denominations that promote false teachings.

JLB

The issue of Jesus turning the other cheek vs Islam's war:
They are 2 different philosophies aimed at 2 different goals.

What Jesus taught is the truth because He is the truth.

There is no other way to God, and there is no salvation in any other name.

Only the name Jesus, the Name above all names, can a person be saved.

let it be known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, by Him this man stands here before you whole. This is the stone which was rejected by you builders, which has become the chief cornerstone.’ Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved. Acts 4:10-12

I pray that you repent, and turn to God, by confessing Jesus Christ as Lord. He is the the Lord.

May God open your eyes to see the truth.

May God bless you with salvation, you and your whole family.

JLB

The Bible does not say a single time that you should worship Jesus yet you do it all the time.

But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says:
“Let all the angels of God worship Him.” Hebrews 1:6

But to the Son He says:
Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.”
And:
You, LORD, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth,
And the heavens are the work of Your hands
Hebrews 1:-10

For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, Titus 2:11-13

We worship God. Jesus Christ is our great God and Savior.

He is the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob.

JLB

There are more than three tiaras as there are many that I could post here, but why waste my time doing so when anyone can look them up, including pictures of the Popes wearing that exact one I gave here.
Have you read my post #20.

The SDA admitted there were no words on the Pope's tiaras and that they actually faked a picture.

The article in The Ministry says:
EACH pope, like any other sovereign, has his
own tiara, which is•the papal crown. There
is, therefore, no one tiara that is worn by the
full succession of papal pontiffs. Moreover, personal examination of these various tiaras, by
different men back through the years, and a
scrutiny of the pictures of many more, have
failed to disclose one engraved with the inscription Vicarius Filii Dei. There is none such definitely known to exist

You should be like the SDA who say:
No fabrication should ever becloud our presentation of truth.
and
Recourse to any unreliable and fraudulent evidence discounts the very message that we are commissioned of heaven to give to men,and reflects upon the honesty of the messenger.

You should head that and stop promoting fraud
No Papal tiara has anything inscribed on it.

How do you explain this picture?View attachment 14226

Trying to divert from your falsehoods about the Catholic Church.

Last edited:
I’m against the false teachings of any denomination that corrupts God’s word and teaches His people things that causes them harm; to depart from the faith.

Whether Jehovah Witness, Mormon, SDA, Church of Christ, Catholicism, Messianic Judaism, or those who teach that Paul was a false apostle and his letters were false… and on and on.

Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons. 1 Timothy 4:1

Whether forbidding priests and nuns to marry, or teaching people to pray to Mary and saints, or to bow down to statues, the Catholic Church is just one of many denominations that promote false teachings.

JLB

The Catholic Church does not "forbid" priests and nuns to marry.
The practice of praying to Mary and the Saints in heaven is reasonable and scripturally valid.
Catholics bow down to the person represented by the statue not to the statue itself.
The Catholic Church does not have false teachings.

The Catholic Church does not "forbid" priests and nuns to marry.

I love you, brother but several people have shown you whereby councils convened by the pope have stated that priest and nuns are prohibited from marriage.

Ignoring by laws in your sect will not change the truth.

You are in denial of these things.

Catholic Church authority continued to mandate celibacy. The First Lateran Council (1123–1153) forbade those in orders to marry and ordered all those already married to renounce their wives and do penance. Later legislation declared the marriages of clerics not only illegal but also invalid.

CANON 21

Summary. Clerics in major orders may not marry, and marriages already contracted must be dissolved.

Text. We absolutely forbid priests, deacons, subdeacons, and monks to have concubines or to contract marriage. We decree in accordance with the definitions of the sacred canons, that marriages already contracted by such persons must be dissolved, and that the persons be condemned to do penance.

JLB

Last edited:
Back