Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Baby Formula 36-24-38

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I just don't get it sometimes. I just find it amazing how much people rely on things. I mean man made milk when there is natural breast milk seems like buying bottled water when can get it out the tap or catch it in a bucket. Then again I don't know much about babies and milk.
Basicly formula adds more nutrition on top of what a baby could recieve from just breast feeding. It's also an answer to time restraints and natural limitations of breast m8lk production.

Basicly formula adds more nutrition on top of what a baby could recieve from just breast feeding. It's also an answer to time restraints and natural limitations of breast m8lk production.

But how is the natural source given somehow not good enough?. Then again nothing is good enough for humans. I guess in this day and age anything can be added to anything to give more nutrients, I mean there is multi vitamin tabs and all sorts. Add this and that. There is always more that can be added.

Yeah, you know all this stuff is engineered. So everytime the government wants to deny something to the people, then the people should ask, what is the good old way?
That's the big thing. The government isn't denying people access to baby formula. The issue is supply chains and labour shortages.

100 years ago I doubt there wasn't any baby formula on the market, but no babies went hungry! Why not?
Because people didn't look to the government for their babies food.
Baby formula was invented and mass produced in 1867. It was made because of issues of babies starving or not getting enough nutrition. People are looking to the government to help, because that's the job of leaders, address issues with the people.

I dunno how much truth there is to women not being able to produce enough for the kids. If it's true, then I'd surmise to say that, they don't produce enough because they don't use it. If they used it, it would trigger their body to produce more. I think I can say this with confidence because this is what God gave to mankind to feed the babies with. God is not going to let the babies go hungry.
Your ignorance becomes arrogance when you refuse to understand a situation. Babies were dieing before formula. Invented mortality rate plumet2d with its invention.

The local water company shut your water off? Go to your well and draw out a few buckets.
Do you have the tools, time, and ability to do this?

They tie up the nations shipping so a food shortage is created?
It's almost like the world is getting over a pandemic and a bunch of people retired over the last 3 years

Grab a rifle and go shoot some deer or rabbits for dinner. Oh you can't do that, it's illegal. Yeah well my families hungry so you can't deny me this.
its n I think only that it's illegal, it's not sustainable. If everyone in the US started hunting deer and rabbits to sustain themselves, we would wipe out their populations. I live in a state that already did that once.

Store closed? Grow your own food. The good old way. And I can hear it coming already...it's illegal to grow your own food...well, you can open fire on these guys who would stop your family from eating.
It's not the government, do you have the land or resources to do so?

Everything the government does creates a problem for the people.
The government is the people. If you stopped obeying the current government, you would then would be the source of your problems. So logical it's impossible to improve. These sayings always break down if you think about them for a few seconds.

What is the good old way? What we call a crises nowadays was normal day to day life 100 years ago.
Tons of people died to. It's almost like people organize to answer problems they can't answer on their own. The entire strength of human civalization.

But how is the natural source given somehow not good enough?.
The why doesn't matter. How we address it matters.
Then again nothing is good enough for humans. I guess in this day and age anything can be added to anything to give more nutrients, I mean there is multi vitamin tabs and all sorts. Add this and that. There is always more that can be added.
Yeah that's how life works. Any situation can be improved or worsened. We as humans have a great talent for seeing where nature can't keep up and we are able to make constructs and machines to improve our lives. With how our current societies operate we need to maintain the machinery or we will becomes slaves to nature again.

It's our strength.

I just thought breast feeding is natural so if there is a shortage of some man made products what's wrong with the original source?.
I wonder where the idea of breast feeding came from :chin ? You know the answer kiwidan and Edward does too .
What's next is a good question? What happens if all of a sudden...no hospitals? Are you prepared to deal with first aid and emergency situations? (I am somewhat). I've never set a bone though.
NOW would be a good time for all us to brush up on our first aid skills , CPR would be a good one to know .
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

-Robert A. Heinlein
I have "pitched manure " in real life but I try not to do it here on the forum too much :biggrin2 .

NOW would be a good time for all us to brush up on our first aid skills , CPR would be a good one to know .

I had CPR class awhile back. Three fingers off the diaphram for compressions, 5 compressions between breaths. A-B-C
Airway check, tilt their head back to open airway.
Breathing make sure their breathing
Check pulse.

Stock up the first aid kit. Battle dressings, gauze, hemostats and an exacto knife.

All you need to take a bullet out of someone is a bottle of whiskey, an sharp knife and hemostats to grab the slug. Saw it in a western, lol!

After the bullet is removed, give him a drink of water and dab his forhead with a damp cloth, he'll be fine. Saw that in a Western too, lol.

I also have a stethescope and I want to get a BP kit. And a first aid manual and a military field first aid book.

I never stocked it with Whiskey though. :thinking

That came out wrong. I have the two books and stethescope and only need a blood pressure sleeve and some whiskey, lol.

Nothing is wrong with breast milk. The issue is more about additional nutrition on top of breadt milk.

it's more that man has been able to stabilize and not have to fully rely on the natural roll of the dice. It's a strength.

It's like if electricity went away. Man would survive, but there would be massive issues to sustainability.
As a Christian my thoughts would be who is the one that designed the method of breast feeding , God of course !
"Roll of the dice " no not at all .

If anyone would like to know more about breast feeding and the numerous benefits read more at the link I provide .

From the link . LA LECHE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL

Babies are more likely to develop allergies if there’s a history of eczema, asthma, hay fever or food allergies in the family. If your baby has a family history of these conditions, breastfeeding your baby exclusively for the first six months will help to lower their risk.

Substances in human milk coat your baby’s intestines, which prevents microscopic food particles from “leaking” through into your baby’s bloodstream. If they do pass into the blood (something that is more frequent in an artificially fed baby), these food particles may be treated as foreign substances by his white blood cells, which attack them, and can cause painful allergic reactions such as diarrhea, sore bottoms, runny noses and eyes, rashes and eczema, or a crying, sleepless baby.

You can make your own baby formula .

Homemade Baby Formula

That's a great idea. I make my own flavored coffee creamers so it can't be much harder than that, lol.

I was taught that during Communion for me to raise my glass of wine and declare, this is the blood of Christ. And the same with the cracker, this is the body of Christ.

If the power of life and death are in the tongue, and God instructed Moses to speak to the rock to get water...then why couldn't a Mother take cows milk and pray over it, make declarations over it? This is my own breastmilk that my baby needs and it is good.

Isn't that sort of why we say a blessing over our meals and give thanks to God for them anyway? I mean, if God created the universe with a word, turn water into wine... then he can make cows mik into breastmilk. Ye have not because ye ask not!

I wonder how many moms say a blessing or thanks over their baby's meal? May I suggest to start doing it?!

These Republican politicians claim to be pro-life, yet their actions in blocking this bill show the truth.

For the pro-life movement, the right to life begins at conception... and ends at birth.

That's why I prefer the term anti-abortion. Because they're not concerned about post-birth life (well, until you can join the military!). They're only concerned about abortion.

A few reasons, including issues producing "enough" breast milk or health concerns. I'm sure someone who has actually raised a baby could explain better than me though.
What did human-kind do before there was processed baby formula? Somehow our species continued to survive.

Are you saying that God didn't know what He was doing when He created woman?

Whenever mankind is faced with a crises the tendency is find a different way. Usually, how the used to do it. Like Breast feeding for example. The babies did not starve before formulas was invented.

They had powdered formula before premix formula I think. Hey we can make our own formula too. That solves the crises. It takes quite a bit initial outlay of cash to make your own with good ingrediants, but cost less over the long haul, like reloading ammunition. But at least it's there then. But don't forget the many who can not make this large cash outlay for the ingrediants. What about them. Well they have to digress even further.

Before powdered formula, and the ingrediants marketed to make some there were titties. This is also where we bring God into the conversation, lol. This is the good old way. And every single girl alive can make baby formula, and without even trying. It's just there. God knew this need for the Babies to eat would be there so he made provision for it. How can any girls ever put down breast feeding? Stop listening to lies. You can produce enough. You wish it was better or more? Try eating right and maybe taking some supplements. This aint rocket science.

Time restraints?! Lol. That's funny, I remember, you drive, the boys hungry.

Are you saying that God didn't know what He was doing when He created woman?
I think this a point that is getting confused. I remember being taught about the concept of "the fall" from my evangelical days. Where all negative aspect of humanity comes from that concept. Birth defects, mental illness, cancer, and problems that come from biological limits.

Logicaly that can apply to this as well.some women have issues with breast feeding and infants can need additional nutrition.

Whenever mankind is faced with a crises the tendency is find a different way. Usually, how the used to do it. Like Breast feeding for example. The babies did not starve before formulas was invented.
yes, they did.

They had powdered formula before premix formula I think. Hey we can make our own formula too. That solves the crises. It takes quite a bit initial outlay of cash to make your own with good ingrediants, but cost less over the long haul, like reloading ammunition.
Now let's remember who is getting woth this the hardest, people on WIC. Poor people that don't necessarily have the cash to invest in this.

Most of is who have been really poor do know its cheaper in the long run to make ourselves, but its starting capital that is the problem.

Being poor is long term expensive.

Before powdered formula, and the ingrediants marketed to make some there were titties. This is also where we bring God into the conversation, lol. This is the good old way. And every single girl alive can make baby formula,
No. Not can make breast milk or they can't make enough. Baby formula. The powdered stuff was literally invented because of this.

and without even trying. It's just there. God knew this need for the Babies to eat would be there so he made provision for it. How can any girls ever put down breast feeding? Stop listening to lies. You can produce enough. You wish it was better or more? Try eating right and maybe taking some supplements. This aint rocket science.
How about you talk to real women or at least do a 10 second Google search.

Time restraints?! Lol. That's funny, I remember, you drive, the boys hungry.
Have you ever been really poor? I'm serious, not I can't afford a luxury right now poor, I mean scrimping and scrap8ng to make rent working 2 jobs, constantly having bill collectors on your butt poor. Time is a luxury, meal prep is luxury
It's seems like you call anything you don't understand a lie. Poverty os real my dude.

What did human-kind do before there was processed baby formula? Somehow our species continued to survive.
What a great idea! Let's shut down all modern medicines. All modern hospitals. After all, people somehow managed to get by without them, right? Everything will be just fine!

Alright. We are getting a little heated in here.

I think the biggest tension is that the people effected by this shortage the most are WIC recipients. People on WIC generally tend to be of low income.

I agree that it's cheaper in the long run to make your own formula, but that is not always feasible for everyone. This isn't a "God made a mistake debate". It's a supply chain issue. And people are mad because the same republican reps that voted down this Bill were also ones championing the Supreme Court Decision to over turn Roe v Wade. Mainly because these same reps argue on behalf of Chilldren but then go after WIC coverage for mothers. It seems hypocritical or that it was never really about the children. That's it.

Alright. We are getting a little heated in here.

I think the biggest tension is that the people effected by this shortage the most are WIC recipients. People on WIC generally tend to be of low income.

I agree that it's cheaper in the long run to make your own formula, but that is not always feasible for everyone. This isn't a "God made a mistake debate". It's a supply chain issue. And people are mad because the same republican reps that voted down this Bill were also ones championing the Supreme Court Decision to over turn Roe v Wade. Mainly because these same reps argue on behalf of Chilldren but then go after WIC coverage for mothers. It seems hypocritical or that it was never really about the children. That's it.
Absolutely.

Back