Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Baby Formula 36-24-38

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Another side to this coin .
"In a statement to Newsweek explaining his decision, Rep. Roy said: "The only way to get more formula to American families is to fix the crony policies that prevent more U.S. companies from producing it, remove barriers to innovation, and allow imports from trusted nations; the legislation Democrats put forward does none of that."

Why Did Republicans Vote Against Baby Formula Bill?

"In a statement to Newsweek explaining his decision, Rep. Roy said: "The only way to get more formula to American families is to fix the crony policies that prevent more U.S. companies from producing it, remove barriers to innovation, and allow imports from trusted nations; the legislation Democrats put forward does none of that."

The big question is what barriers are preventing companies from producing formula. Right now it seems to be supply chain and work force needs. I already know the current administration is Lso working on trying to import formula from Canada. My state got some.

I don't buy the idea that government overreach is responsible for the problem.

A few reasons, including issues producing "enough" breast milk or health concerns. I'm sure someone who has actually raised a baby could explain better than me though.

I'm no woman but I pay attention and I raised kids. My Wife didn't have any issues producing "enough" breast milk. I think that's far fetched.

I remember she always had to line her bra with TP to not stain her clothes from leakage. That sorta sounds like...her cup was running over, lol!

Funny, that's the same thing our Lord says too.

The big question is what barriers are preventing companies from producing formula. Right now it seems to be supply chain and work force needs. I already know the current administration is Lso working on trying to import formula from Canada. My state got some.

No, the problem is deeper than that. It's all the way down to, girls believing lies and becoming socially dependant on the system instead of themselves. If women were used to breastfeeding this baby formula shortage would not faze our nation.

What a great idea! Let's shut down all modern medicines. All modern hospitals. After all, people somehow managed to get by without them, right? Everything will be just fine!
I think your response is a little over-the-top. My point is that baby formulas were created to make it more of a convenience for women, especially women working outside the home. There are some rare cases where mothers are unable to breast feed and formulas help then too.

In fact, there is a Biblical example of this. When Pharaoh's daughter found Moses in the basket on the river and took him into her care, she was not able to nurse him so she found another woman, turned out to be Moses mother, who was capable and had her take care of him.

I'm no woman but I pay attention and I raised kids. My Wife didn't have any issues producing "enough" breast milk. I think that's far fetched.

I remember she always had to line her bra with TP to not stain her clothes from leakage. That sorta sounds like...her cup was running over, lol!

Funny, that's the same thing our Lord says too.
Aside from the general weirdness of your post, you're quite wrong. My stepmom could not produce milk and so had to use formula to feed her kid.

Aside from the general weirdness of your post, you're quite wrong. My stepmom could not produce milk and so had to use formula to feed her kid.

So? I don't know your stepmom, that's hearsay.

I posted about my "experience" and "wife" and "babies" and what happened with breastfeeding. So how am I wrong. Are you implying that I'm lying?!

Nobody was talking to you. She wondered what peoples experience has been actually raising kids and I have so I posted about it.

No doubt my posts seem "weird" to a guy like you, lol.

So? I don't know your stepmom, that's hearsay.

I posted about my "experience" and "wife" and "babies" and what happened with breastfeeding. So how am I wrong. Are you implying that I'm lying?!

Nobody was talking to you. She wondered what peoples experience has been actually raising kids and I have so I posted about it.

No doubt my posts seem "weird" to a guy like you, lol.
Uh, I don't know your wife, so that's hearsay too. I'm not calling you a liar. What I am saying is that your one anecdote does not support your view that women don't actually sometimes have too little milk. All it takes to disprove your view is one example, but there are many.
Yep, your posts sound weird to a normal guy like me.

Uh, I don't know your wife, so that's hearsay too. I'm not calling you a liar. What I am saying is that your one anecdote does not support your view that women don't actually sometimes have too little milk. All it takes to disprove your view is one example, but there are many.
Yep, your posts sound weird to a normal guy like me.
Don't let Ed get to ya. He likes to troll. Yeah anecdotes aren't enough. I don't know why some people can't understand that concerns to modern supply chains worry people.

Supply and demand. Its amazing how people rely on the system so much they freak out by the smallest things. I mean these days some women probably don't even know what breast feeding is and think if there is no man made product to rely on they are doomed.

All convenience does is make people lazy. Why get out of bed and go the store when can get someone to deliver it. That's full Homer Simpson lazyness. Next thing people will be laying in bed all day being spoon feed not because they actually sick with a illness and need support but because they so lazy and love convenience like they Kings and Queens and should be served everything on a golden platter like kids do these days. Expect there parents to serve them breakfast lunch and dinner why they play video games all day and just leave there dishes to be collected and washed for them a and everything to be done for them and then have a major cry when they hit the real world and realise nothing is free and there crown has been broken in reality.

I even remember the article where people wanted to go the gym for some exercise and we called right wing extremists.

Turning people back into babies in the name of convienience. I actually seen it before. This dude was intoxicated and he had the munchies and wanted ice cream and couldn't feed himself so his friend spoon fed him a whole tub of ice cream.

Don't let Ed get to ya. He likes to troll. Yeah anecdotes aren't enough. I don't know why some people can't understand that concerns to modern supply chains worry people.

Aw, isn't that sweet? You have a new comrade. No, Edward was making the point that people's dependency on the government nd the system is too great and that God made provision for babies milk. I don't mean it was promised to rain baby formula. I didn't mean there will not be tribulation or difficulties in life. I did mean that we the people should learn to do more for ourselves and to look to God for what He has provided and will continue to provide.

Now I don't expect you (or te) to be able to understand this, but us Christians who believe in God, are taught...
To not worry about tomorrow what we will eat, what we will wear, Not to fear, not to worry. Do you know what the most often repeated phrase is in the entire Bible?

Do not Fear.
Fear not.
I will fear no...

And all like that. When God repeats Himself in scripture, it means that it is important, so take notice! And fear not is in there about 800 thousand times (<Facetious being used!!!!) so it must be extreemely important for us to understand, Do. Not. Fear.

Don't listen to this guy, he doesn't have faith in anything and may have eyes but is totally blind to the truth. And he wants to call me the troll!

Man, how dare you try to stir up fear and worry in the Christians on this board! We have faith in God alone and not in man and life shows us every day that, that is how it should be...! So how 'bout you stop trolling?! :wink

Aw, isn't that sweet? You have a new comrade. No, Edward was making the point that people's dependency on the government nd the system is too great and that God made provision for babies milk. I don't mean it was promised to rain baby formula. I didn't mean there will not be tribulation or difficulties in life. I did mean that we the people should learn to do more for ourselves and to look to God for what He has provided and will continue to provide.

Now I don't expect you (or te) to be able to understand this, but us Christians who believe in God, are taught...
To not worry about tomorrow what we will eat, what we will wear, Not to fear, not to worry. Do you know what the most often repeated phrase is in the entire Bible?

Do not Fear.
Fear not.
I will fear no...

And all like that. When God repeats Himself in scripture, it means that it is important, so take notice! And fear not is in there about 800 thousand times (<Facetious being used!!!!) so it must be extreemely important for us to understand, Do. Not. Fear.

Don't listen to this guy, he doesn't have faith in anything and may have eyes but is totally blind to the truth. And he wants to call me the troll!

Man, how dare you try to stir up fear and worry in the Christians on this board! We have faith in God alone and not in man and life shows us every day that, that is how it should be...! So how 'bout you stop trolling?! :wink
Phew! What are you smoking? Seems pretty strong.

Back