Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

bad news..... god is going to withhold the phenomenon of signs and wonder until word and spirit join

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Let's cut to the chase on "end times." God in Christ has promised and IS going to destroy the devil and his messengers, which is what Revelation is largely about. The temple of believers will be "cleansed," permanently, from the workings of our adversaries.

No, I am not a "sign chaser." The Spirit of Christ lives in my heart by faith. I don't chase external signs, demanding God in Christ to "prove it" or Him. There are "other signs" the follow those who follow Christ. Our adversaries show their faces to us. Are we really looking?

Would you like condemn me or these statements, since you have warned me?

2 Thessalonians 2:
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

This "destruction" will transpire in the CHURCH members body/temples. We can easily both read and see in Rev. 2-3, the activities of Satan therein.

Acts 14:22
Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

I only have one adversary, and that are the devils running around. I already know they are there, and everywhere. What sign then do you expect as a believer when you lay hands on the sick? What sign do you expect if you need some needs met?
What does tribulation have to do with anything? What tribulation are you experiencing?

I listed a few here I went through, but I am not moved by what the devil is trying to do, God gives me the victory every time.
http://christianforums.net/Fellowsh...y-it’s-meant-to-be-taught.60953/#post-1115436

I don't understand how your equating someone that does not believe in seeking a sign that Jesus is real, with signs and wonders that should be apparent in a mature believers life.

Mike.

I only have one adversary, and that are the devils running around. I already know they are there, and everywhere. What sign then do you expect as a believer when you lay hands on the sick? What sign do you expect if you need some needs met?
What does tribulation have to do with anything?

Tribulation is a promise of the Gospel.

John 16:33
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

That's a shall, not a maybe, reiterated here:

Acts 14:22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God

What tribulation are you experiencing?

We "all" experience the tribulations of our adversaries, and we do so, internally. See Paul's statement of facts for himself, in Romans 7:21 where he shows "evil present" with him, and sin indwelling his flesh that was "no longer I" yet was the source of his factual "wretched man that I AM" statement. In this present terminal/temporal tabernacle we do in fact groan under the burdens that we have been planted into, presently. Dishonor, weakness, corruption, and a natural body, all of which is slated to pass away. 1 Cor. 15:43-49

I listed a few here I went through, but I am not moved by what the devil is trying to do, God gives me the victory every time.http://christianforums.net/Fellowsh...y-it’s-meant-to-be-taught.60953/#post-1115436
http://christianforums.net/Fellowsh...y-it’s-meant-to-be-taught.60953/#post-1115436

You or any other is certainly welcome to look past the obvious.

We are advised, thusly:

Colossians 3:3
For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

I don't understand how your equating someone that does not believe in seeking a sign that Jesus is real, with signs and wonders that should be apparent in a mature believers life.

Mike.

I've hung with plenty of "sign seekers" in my day. Moved on to better sights. I knew The Spirit of Christ lives in my heart before I met them and chased the signs with them, which were, for the most part, utterly phony and no where in the vicinity of truth or truthfulness.

Most were imagining the wealth that was to come their way, monetarily, or the health that was going to be theirs, or putting up all the 'other bad people' as their enemies, and the same of them died regardless, mostly in poverty.

So, there's yer sign of the reality of Gods signs.

Jesus didn't need to promise temporal money and healthy temporal life to a dead body to start with.

He really does have better, Eternal Things in mind.

IF we can pass our lives in peace and moderation, it is more than enough for anyone, and we WILL die in the end, regardless, no matter how many religious christian charismatic harpies try to think otherwise "in their unsubstantiated power" to raise what is meant to DIE.

Last edited:
Tribulation is a promise of the Gospel.

John 16:33
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

That's a shall, not a maybe, reiterated here:

Acts 14:22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God

We "all" experience the tribulations of our adversaries, and we do so, internally. See Paul's statement of facts for himself, in Romans 7:21 where he shows "evil present" with him, and sin indwelling his flesh that was "no longer I" yet was the source of his factual "wretched man that I AM" statement. In this present terminal/temporal tabernacle we do in fact groan under the burdens that we have been planted into, presently. Dishonor, weakness, corruption, and a natural body, all of which is slated to pass away. 1 Cor. 15:43-49

You or any other is certainly welcome to look past the obvious.

We are advised, thusly:

Colossians 3:3
For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

I've hung with plenty of "sign seekers" in my day. Moved on to better sights. I knew The Spirit of Christ lives in my heart before I met them and chased the signs with them, which were, for the most part, utterly phony and no where in the vicinity of truth or truthfulness.

Most were imagining the wealth that was to come their way, monetarily, or the health that was going to be theirs, or putting up all the 'other bad people' as their enemies, and the same of them died regardless, mostly in poverty.

So, there's yer sign of the reality of Gods signs.

Jesus didn't need to promise temporal money and healthy temporal life to a dead body to start with.

He really does have better, Eternal Things in mind.

IF we can pass our lives in peace and moderation, it is more than enough for anyone, and we WILL die in the end, regardless, no matter how many religious christian charismatic harpies try to think otherwise "in their unsubstantiated power" to raise what is meant to DIE.

Ok, so It's more internal tribulation, not some guy trying to chop you with an axe. That to you is the tribulation being talked about?

Jesus also said no man has give all to the Kingdom and not in this time recited 100 fold lands, houses, whatever he sown.

Jesus also said those that believe, shall lay hands on the sick, and they will recover. So, despite you saying Jesus did not need to promise wealth, or healing, He did, and it's mentioned in several places as we are the seed of Abraham.

Your suppose to believe, and your suppose to lay hands on the sick. Even James said God will rise them up because the prayer of faith shall save the sick.

So, it more sounds like you are defending unbelief, and just passing off things for some time to come.

Jesus also said those that believe, shall lay hands on the sick, and they will recover. So, despite you saying Jesus did not need to promise wealth, or healing, He did, and it's mentioned in several places as we are the seed of Abraham.

Laying hands on the sick and recovering? = Love your neighbors as Jesus Loves us. Therein the sick are recovered. It has nothing to do with physical ailments, but spiritual ailments.

Healing? = Forgiveness, Mercy and Grace to the "inner man" are His Spiritual Healings. Why look upon the body? It is failing and passing away.

Wealth? Spare me notions of physical gold or silver.

The Gold and Silver of God in Christ are not the gold and silver of this world.

1 John 2:16
For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

John 15:19
If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

Laying hands on the sick and recovering? = Love your neighbors as Jesus Loves us. Therein the sick are recovered. It has nothing to do with physical ailments, but spiritual ailments.

Healing? = Forgiveness, Mercy and Grace to the "inner man" are His Spiritual Healings. Why look upon the body? It is failing and passing away.

Wealth? Spare me notions of physical gold or silver.

The Gold and Silver of God in Christ are not the gold and silver of this world.

1 John 2:16
For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

John 15:19
If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

Yes, healing and forgiveness are connected.

Yes, healing and forgiveness are connected.
God has little, if any much interests, in the continuation of the outer man, but every interest in the inner man.

Ephesians 3:16
That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;

2 Corinthians 4:16
For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

Giving the outward man who is IN FACT perishing, money or health is irrelevant to the inner man and it is likewise irrelevant to God in Christ.

God has little, if any much interests, in the continuation of the outer man, but every interest in the inner man.

Ephesians 3:16
That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;

2 Corinthians 4:16
For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

Giving the outward man who is IN FACT perishing, money or health is irrelevant to the inner man and it is likewise irrelevant to God in Christ.

God will perfect that which concerns you, (Psalm 138:8) and You have ZERO scripture to prove God has little interest in our outward lives. NONE AT ALL, and in fact I can post a whole bunch that say your very, very, Wrong.

Something is religiously wrong with your understanding of God. The one that supplies all our "OUTWARD" needs according to his riche and glory in Christ Jesus. Your also wasting my time, I can see.

God will perfect that which concerns you, (Psalm 138:8) and You have ZERO scripture to prove God has little interest in our outward lives. NONE AT ALL, and in fact I can post a whole bunch that say your very, very, Wrong.

Luke 12:
29 And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind.
30 For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things.

Something is religiously wrong with your understanding of God. The one that supplies all our "OUTWARD" needs according to his riche and glory in Christ Jesus. Your also wasting my time, I can see.

Even an unsaved person knows how to work to eat. That takes ZERO faith. No one escapes having to work to eat by praying.

Jesus didn't come here to give us the "things of this world." Any common unsaved unbeliever knows how to get the things of this world.

Colossians 3:
3 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

Matt. 6:
25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Philippians 4:11
Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.

1 Timothy 6:8
And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.

Hebrews 13:5

Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back