Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Baptism in the Holy Spirit

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
glorydaz said:
Mysteryman said:
Quote glorydaz : "I don't "continually" tell people I'm mature...but I was asked, "

But you do continually tell people how immature they are < Same difference !

Or if they don't understand you, that it is not your problem.

I could quote a couple of other comments you have made, but I don't want to shock you. :biglaugh

LOL Nothing you could do would shock me, and I'm not shocked by what I say, since I always say it with all my understanding in place. We have been discussing the Corinthian church. Paul makes it clear they are immature. I agree. I also bear in mind that many people who post on message boards are immature and true babes in Christ. Again, I speak my mind...as do you, I might add. At least I keep my comments limited to "immature", which is more than I can say for you and your postings in the past. Perhaps you'd do well to watch that beam in your own eye before you comment on mine. :biglaugh

No, we have not been discussing the Corinthian church. But you have, not anyone else ! We have been discussing speaking in tongues after being baptized with the baptism of the Holy Spirit. You have taken this conversation in a new direction, for your own personnal purpose. You have turned this conversation around , in such a way, as not to focus upon the topic of discussion here.

This conversation is not about the Corinthian church ! It just so happens, the way the church is suppose to deal with speaking in tongues within the assembly , is located within the book of Corinthians.

Also, nowhere do we read in the book of Corinthians, of Paul baptizing them in the Holy Spirit, as many of them were already baptized with the Holy Spirit. And it just so happens, that Paul unto the Corinthaians, is telling them to speak in tongues more ! And the reason he is doing this , is because they were not walking spiritually. They already were speaking in tongues in Corinth. as most of them were already baptized with the Holy Spirit. Yet, they would rather walk carnally instead of spiritually. Paul came to correct them and instruct them. He didn't come to baptize them, as we can read in I Corinth. 1:17. Not only that, but if you read chapter one and verses 10 and 11, you will notice that contentions and division had come upon the church in Corinth. He wanted them to be of the same mind.

Paul's response to the church in Corinth. was to end the contention and division that was going on. We read that one says they are of Apollos and the others say they are of Paul, or of Cephas. Does this not sound familiar within our own day and time ? I am of this denomination, while the other says not me, I am of this other denomination, while yet another says, not me, I am of this completely different denomination. While each sect or denomination has a specific head leader.

I don't see any difference of what is going on today, than what Paul saw in the Corinthian church in the first century. < Division !

I also see today, the same things Paul saw in the church in Corinth. -> childishness = babes , because of contention and envy and strife and division.

Yet while all of this is true within Corinth. Paul encouraged them to speak in tongues. He also said that some will not speak in tongues because of a lack of faith. So all things need to be done so that the church receives edification. Which means they who speak in tongues must interpret, so that there is edification.

Otherwise speak in tongues in silence . And your prayer is unto God and builds you up spiritually. There is no reason for a side show or the church being out of order. For this is not the purpose of the church.

And if you read the two books of Corinthians, you will notice that Paul reminds them of others who will come in and try and corrupt the true things of God. The same holds true today. So much so, that there has been no greater division of the Church than of our own day and time !

One would do well to read I Corinth. 4:9 - 16 - "be followers of me" > "I speak in tongues more than ye all"

Back