Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Being Sexy

Classik

Don't let the topic mislead you. (The term is the appropriate word to use. Saying "very beautiful" or "very handsome" or using other words would be to conceal the truth). I gonna make my intent clear. Our forums (and shouldn't be here alone) don't allow certain terms. However, the topic is not used in an ungodly way.

I think it's a topic that most Christians I know really find uncomfortable to address. I wonder why it seems to some - or some think that looking sexy is being immoral. (I'm not talking about a person deliberately seducing others or inducing such appeal, I'm talking about...a person naturally looking 'that way:' looking naturally sexy).

Some men and women naturally look that way. And their natural look may cause a lot of distraction to others - perhaps the weaker ones.

So, can a person really look that way???
Some kind of think that looking sexy is synonymous to being immoral, or sexiness = immorality.

Not that these people are half naked in the streets. I'm referring to decently dressed people (Christians or ordinary people) who in spite of dressing morally still look woooooooooow under their clothing. The voice, eyes, laughter, accent, build, movement etc...are usually noticeably sexy. Should these people stop existing?

Is it a sin to look that way? Danke!!! :lol

(Maybe I should inform us that my own sister <not just="" her="" alone="">, tho married now, was one hell of distraction to most men before she got married. Even until now people keep admiring her.) Should I post her pic?;)</not>

Don't let the topic mislead you. (The term is the appropriate word to use. Saying "very beautiful" or "very handsome" or using other words would be to conceal the truth). I gonna make my intent clear. Our forums (and shouldn't be here alone) don't allow certain terms. However, the topic is not used in an ungodly way.

I think it's a topic that most Christians I know really find uncomfortable to address. I wonder why it seems to some - or some think that looking sexy is being immoral. (I'm not talking about a person deliberately seducing others or inducing such appeal, I'm talking about...a person naturally looking 'that way:' looking naturally sexy).

Some men and women naturally look that way. And their natural look may cause a lot of distraction to others - perhaps the weaker ones.

So, can a person really look that way???
Some kind of think that looking sexy is synonymous to being immoral, or sexiness = immorality.

Not that these people are half naked in the streets. I'm referring to decently dressed people (Christians or ordinary people) who in spite of dressing morally still look woooooooooow under their clothing. The voice, eyes, laughter, accent, build, movement etc...are usually noticeably sexy. Should these people stop existing?

Is it a sin to look that way? Danke!!! :lol

(Maybe I should inform us that my own sister <not just="" her="" alone="">, tho married now, was one hell of distraction to most men before she got married. Even until now people keep admiring her.) Should I post her pic?;)</not>

Classik -

Greeting to you this morning in the love of our Lord Jesus Christ. I hope your morning is being blessed so far.

To answer how you define "sexiness" in your thread. No it's not immoral, some people are just beautiful (both men and women). If someone is trying to look beautiful by the way they dress then that is when it becomes immoral. My ex fiance was back in the day was Miss Teen of New Mexico, she was beautiful (natural beauty), she hardly wore make up and she dressed very Conservative.

We don't need to see pictures, we trust you. But as we look at these beautiful people it's what's in our hearts that are being tested in the way we see them or if we undress them with our eyes etc. Then it becomes sin.. Sin is not in the beauty of someone but what's in the heart of the beholder.

Great post

LJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking sexy has always been considered immoral by some and no doubt always will be. Someone here will find something in the Bible to justify their prejudice - just you watch;)

Standards for the majority change simply as a fashion. 'Going topless' barely gets noticed in some places and frankly, that is how it should be. What on earth is wrong with the human body? There are basically only two types and many people are even ashamed to let others with the same type of body see them:o. Why?

Most of us were probably brought up to keep our nakedness covered but we should be able to overcome that programming and be as natural as nature intended. No one told Adam & Eve to wear clothes did they?

I would like to make a distinction between sexy and 'tarty'. Personally I find the tarty look objectionable but I also find tattoos, piercings and gratuitous foul language objectionable. I would not however object to any adult making their own style choice.

Naked bodies on the other hand are the most beautiful objects I have ever seen. It is such a shame to keep many of them covered up.:scared :topictotopic

Most of us were probably brought up to keep our nakedness covered but we should be able to overcome that programming and be as natural as nature intended. No one told Adam & Eve to wear clothes did they?
Genesis makes it very clear that God's original plane was for a naked humanity. And you are right GOD did NOT tell them to cover up.

There are societies in the world that are largely naked - and it is my understanding that they suffer less from things like rape than 'we' do.

We are living life upside down, in many ways.

Classik -

Greeting to you this morning in the love of our Lord Jesus Christ. I hope your morning is being blessed so far.

To answer how you define "sexiness" in your thread. No it's not immoral, some people are just beautiful (both men and women). If someone is trying to look beautiful by the way they dress then that is when it becomes immoral. My ex fiance was back in the day was Miss Teen of New Mexico, she was beautiful (natural beauty), she hardly wore make up and she dressed very Conservative.

We don't need to see pictures, we trust you. But as we look at these beautiful people it's what's in our hearts that are being tested in the way we see them or if we undress them with our eyes etc. Then it becomes sin.. Sin is not in the beauty of someone but what's in the heart of the beholder.

Great post

LJ

Thanks again, LJ. Thanks for everything.

The desire to cause others to lust is a sin.

"Sexy women" choose the makeup. They choose the tight clothes. They choose to expose skin. They choose to move like a lynx. They choose to purr. They choose to put their hands on your leg.

I dont think there is any sin in it...Its nature's way,we are all designed to get attracted to the beautiful body.Again,Adam Eve example is not appropriate because they didnt know what they were looking at.(and when they came to know,we know what they did) God himself made clothes for them later......Considering this,when you look at a beautiful body and get excited,its not a sin as long as you dont cheat your life partner.So neither the people who look sexy,nor the people who get excited are sinners.

it's a kind of immodesty, a kind of bragging about your body, showing off, wanting to be the center of attention because of how you look, not because of something uplifting or noble.

This thread wouldn't be complete without a reference to 1Tim2:9 Likewise, I want women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly [shame, respect] and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments, 10 but rather by means of good works, as is proper for women making a claim to godliness.

I'm not a supporter of Casual Sundays, and I don't think verses like this are at all intended to encourage people to come to the wedding feast dressed like they're visiting Walmart.

The main thrust of this verse is to tell women not to dress in a sexy fashion.

This thread wouldn't be complete without a reference to 1Tim2:9 Likewise, I want women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly [shame, respect] and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments, 10 but rather by means of good works, as is proper for women making a claim to godliness.

I'm not a supporter of Casual Sundays, and I don't think verses like this are at all intended to encourage people to come to the wedding feast dressed like they're visiting Walmart.

The main thrust of this verse is to tell women not to dress in a sexy fashion.
Interesting.
Yet there are some who in spite of how decently dressed they appear still look like woooooow! Even if you like clothe them with a garment of thick _lead_locks they still appear like that. This is exactly what my OP is talking about.

Thanks again, H

Interesting.
Yet there are some who in spite of how decently dressed they appear still look like woooooow! Even if you like clothe them with a garment of thick _lead_locks they still appear like that. This is exactly what my OP is talking about.

Thanks again, H

Greeting to you in the Lord Jesus Christ

Classik -

I think that is because no matter the dress apparel, God has given us desires, and not that those desires are a sin (God put them there), so we may look at him/her and find their attractiveness very appealing to what our flesh desires.

God Bless you

- LJ

Greeting to you in the Lord Jesus Christ

Classik -

I think that is because no matter the dress apparel, God has given us desires, and not that those desires are a sin (God put them there), so we may look at him/her and find their attractiveness very appealing to what our flesh desires.

God Bless you

- LJ

Totally Agree with you mate.

Looking sexy has always been considered immoral by some and no doubt always will be. Someone here will find something in the Bible to justify their prejudice - just you watch;)

Standards for the majority change simply as a fashion. 'Going topless' barely gets noticed in some places and frankly, that is how it should be. What on earth is wrong with the human body? There are basically only two types and many people are even ashamed to let others with the same type of body see them:o. Why?

I would like to make a distinction between sexy and 'tarty'. Personally I find the tarty look objectionable but I also find tattoos, piercings and gratuitous foul language objectionable. I would not however object to any adult making their own style choice.

Naked bodies on the other hand are the most beautiful objects I have ever seen. It is such a shame to keep many of them covered up.:scared :topictotopic

I have no problem with naked bodies, but living in New England (think winter) and working a lot in heavily wooded areas...I'll stick to wearing clothes.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

What is sexy to one is not to another.... Some guy all deck out in a fancy suit who cares.... A guy out working something like spliting wood...that is a different story.. well used to be any way.....

I do believe a person is wrong to dress/undress wanting to cause public lust.... but what is lust to one may not be to another....

i dont have a problem with a naked woman either, but my wife does if it aint hers that im looking at.:D

trust me. them lusting eyes i have loves eye candy so no nudist camps or such like is wise for me and any christian.

Back