Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Believe in God, you will be saved

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Well?
The original creation was very good. But perfect?

There was a tree no one was to eat from.
A serpent that carried Satan’s lies.

I think perfection comes at the last trump when we are changed.

Things got better at Pentecost, but still maybe not perfect.

There is one name for salvation, and I think it is Jesus.

Straighten me out.

eddif
Umm when God first created the earth it was perfect. But God did put a test of obedience in place. There was no murder or anything like that. Adam and eve were at peace in the garden but then Satan brought corruption into the world when they bit the apple

Umm when God first created the earth it was perfect. But God did put a test of obedience in place. There was no murder or anything like that. Adam and eve were at peace in the garden but then Satan brought corruption into the world when they bit the apple
It doesn't take much to separate us from God.

Do you have a group of scriptures to identify the good guys?

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Is that a knowledgeable question, when the same chapters in scripture, that group the bad guys, always contain what is good ?

2 Timothy 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was.
10 BUT THOU HAST FULLY KNOWN MY DOCTRINE, MANNER OF LIFE, PURPOSE, FAITH, LONGSUFFERING, CHARITY, PATIENCE,,
11 PERSECUTIONS, AFFLICTIONS, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.
12 YEA, AND ALL THAT WILL LIVE GODLY IN CHRIST JESUS SHALL SUFFER PERSECUTION.
13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
14 BUT CONTINUE THOU IN THE THINGS WHICH THOU HAST LEARNED AND HAST BEEN ASSURED OF, KNOWING OF WHOM THOU HAST LEARNED THEM,
15 And that from a child THOU HAST KNOWN THE HOLY SCRIPTURES, WHICH ARE ABLE TO MAKE THEE WISE UNTO SALVATION THROUGH FAITH WHICH IS IN CHRIST JESUS.
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

I think perfection comes at the last trump when we are changed.

Things got better at Pentecost, but still maybe not perfect.

There is one name for salvation, and I think it is Jesus.

It is nice to think what we want to think, but the testimony of Jesus Christ, I think, is better for everybody to think of.

It is a very simple testimony too.

Perfection was not by the Levitical priesthood, ( the people received the law under that priesthood)

But there was a further need for that priesthood to be changed.( truly a disannulling of that commandment/law, for its weakness and unprofitability.)

That law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of the better hope DID, by which we draw near to God.

Hebrews 7:11 If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?
12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

Hebrews 7:18 For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.
19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

The Holy Ghost then testified, how the way into the Holiest was not manifested while that first tabernacle was standing, which was the figure at that time, but could not make the comer perfect in the conscience ( they had memory of committing sins daily and yearly.)

But Christ came by the greater and more perfect tabernacle, by His own blood and entered into the Holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us. ( no more conscience of committing sins daily and yearly.)

Hebrews 9:8 The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing:
9 Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;

Hebrews 9:11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;
12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

The law as a shadow, could never make the comers perfect.

They never ceased to offer their sacrifices, and once purged had more conscience of sins. There is a remembrance of sins they commit daily and yearly, in those sacrifices made yearly.

Hebrews 10:For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.
2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.
3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.

Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings for sin, God had no pleasure in, which were offered by the law.

Then the Son of God came to do the will of God, taking away the first tabernacle, to establish the second ( by His own blood and His life sacrificed for us.) by which will ( of God) we are sanctified once and for all ( through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ.)

Hebrews 10:8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;
9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.
10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

By that one offering, God has perfected for ever them that are sanctified ( in Jesus Christ.)

The Holy Ghost testifies( blasphemy of the Holy Ghost is to not acknowledge this, and to deny it, which the spirit of antichrist denies all this testimony of Christ.) that this is the covenant God made with us, His laws are put in our hearts, and in our minds, and God does not remember our sin any more, neither do we have conscience and remembrance of committing sins any more.)

Hebrews 10:14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.
15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

The will of God is Jesus Christ dying for our sins, and we living with Him. That is us dong the same will of God ( to have the first tabernacle of remembrance of sins taken away, and the second established with no more memory of sins/ by WHICH WE ARE MADE PERFECT ONCE FOR ALL.)

The just lives by this faith, but they who are of perdition draw back and never believed in the perfection of Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 10:36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.
37 For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.
38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

Romans 11:15 kjv
15, For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?
16. For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump isalso holy: and if the root be holy, so arethe branches.
17. And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
18. Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

eddif
Romans 11:15 has nothing to do with Hebrews 6:4

I'm not going to debate this.
Debates are tiring....I'm right, no I'm right.
Uffa.

If you ask I'll post what I believe the meanings to be...
otherwise we could just forget it.

(it's not a salvation issue)

A salvation issue ( all issues are salvation) is to fear God working out our salvation with fear and trembling. Philippians 2:12.)

Romans 11 and Hebrews 6, teaches how and why we should fear God, and if anyone does not recognize/acknowledge that fully, there is NOTHING, to discuss.

Back