Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Blessing of Election !

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Election is a blessing because it causes men to come to Christ. Ps 65:4

Blessed is the man whom thou choosest, and causest to approach unto thee, that he may dwell in thy courts: we shall be satisfied with the goodness of thy house, even of thy holy temple.

Approaching God here, drawing near to Him is the effect of election. The elect are those given to Christ by the Father, and the result of that is they shall come to Christ Jn 6:37
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.The word for come here heko means

to come to one, i.e. to seek an intimacy with one, become his follower:

In other words it will result in the comers following Christ. Jn 10:27

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:21

Act 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
Act 10:35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

To the Jew first and then to the Gentile to provoke the Jews to accept Christ Jesus as Lord and Savior, Romans 11:14. It makes no difference as in Jew or Gentile as God is no respecter of person, but giving grace to all who will accept it. God gives everyone a chance to repent and turn back to Him.
I agree. So then you corrected yourself?

If by Grace then by Election !

If Salvation is by Grace, which it is, then its by Election, for you cant have one without the other. Paul writes, in speaking about election in the 11th of Romans these words Rom 11:5-6

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Paul is writing about Salvation amongst the jews, though it applies to all men, that some jews will be saved because they are part of Gods election of grace, and if you add to that, then it disqualifies as being by grace.

Also for it, Salvation, to be by Grace, it can and does only apply to a remnant, as here in this context it applies to only a remnant of jews out of national Israel, but it also must apply to only a remnant out of the gentiles as Per Acts 15:14-17

14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.

15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,

16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:

17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

Notice Vs 14, God visits the Gentiles only to take out of them a People for Salvation, that's the remnant out from among the gentile nations, an election of grace.

The word take is the greek word
lambanó and means to:

I receive, get, (b) I take, lay hold of.

to take, equivalent to to choose, select:

That's Election, to select from the whole, to choose from the whole, that's a remnant !

Also those so chosen, chosen in Christ before the foundation Eph 1:4, are in time layed hold of by God in Christ

Remember Paul said of himself how Christ laid hold of him Phil 3:12

Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

That word apprehended, its the same word and can be read:

I was laid hold of !

The remnant, whether of from amongst the jews, or the gentiles will be laid hold of by Christ in time, and its all of Grace, the Election of Grace, which equates to Salvation by Grace. If we deny Particular discriminating Grace in Salvation applied only to a remnant, not all without exception, then by default we deny Salvation by Grace !

"Somehow the word election has come to mean automatically and irreversible saved,"

So, in order to be saved one must remain in perpetual doubt?

Very unlikely

Doubt is actually a curse from God upon the wicked:

Deuteronomy 28:66

And thy life shall hang in doubt before thee; and thou shalt fear day and night, and shalt have none assurance of thy life:

In any case choice is highly over rated in any of these equations

Ishmael could not inherit, no matter what

Isaac could not be disinherited, no matter what

Abraham had 2 sons, just as we do, because you see, it's an allegory: Gal. 4:24

We all start as an old-first-carnal-natural-blinded by the god of this world man

And, in faith, belief in Christ, we are made a new 2nd man in Christ even though that is not fulfilled in this present life

We have our hope, and even if that is lost, we will not be lost

The Eternal Election of and in Grace is essential to being saved by Grace! If we take away discriminating Election of Grace, we take away salvation by Grace, and we corrupt the Gospel of God's Grace Acts 20:24

24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

Amazing as it is , yet still no surprise to me that He who is able to name all the stars before they were created, and knew our names before we were born, is able to know which unbelievers will one day come to place all their trust in Him for salvation thru forgiveness of their sins.

" In whom ye also Trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth." ( Ephesians 1:13 )

" Then into His hand went mine,
and into my heart came He.
And I walk in a Light Divine,
the path I once feared to see."

Amazing as it is , yet still no surprise to me that He who is able to name all the stars before they were created, and knew our names before we were born, is able to know which unbelievers will one day come to place all their trust in Him for salvation thru forgiveness of their sins.

" In whom ye also Trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth." ( Ephesians 1:13 )

" Then into His hand went mine,
and into my heart came He.
And I walk in a Light Divine,
the path I once feared to see."
Of course He knows who will put their Trust in Christ because they He predetermined to do it they will do just that.

Of course He knows who will put their Trust in Christ because they He predetermined to do it they will do just that.
And even knowing that they would make that choice to choose to repent of all their sins & be cleansed by the Blood of this Jesus who is the Christ .
How Blessed in Him we are .

And even knowing that they would make that choice to choose to repent of all their sins & be cleansed by the Blood of this Jesus who is the Christ .
How Blessed in Him we are .
Of course He knew who would repent, since He predetermined they would and gave them repentance,. Thats a blessing of election ! Being cleansed by the Blood of Christ is a Blessing of Election, even before the elect were born.

Of course He knew who would repent, since He predetermined they would and gave them repentance,. Thats a blessing of election ! Being cleansed by the Blood of Christ is a Blessing of Election, even before the elect were born.
As Christ Promised, that was Mary Magdalene's experience , and the dying penitent thief on the cross, and of Saul Tarsus Christ's divine words , what food for the hungry soul & what peace for the aching heart that He challenged us to relate to all we meet.
His motivating power of love orders our daily action of telling all we encounter that Jesus's mercy is nearer than breathing.
Absolutely free and certain to all people without a single exception, this Blessed assurance of acceptance, if they will come is His Blessed Word .
" Him that cometh to me , I will in no wise cast out." ( John 6:37 )

As Christ Promised, that was Mary Magdalene's experience , and the dying penitent thief on the cross, and of Saul Tarsus Christ's divine words , what food for the hungry soul & what peace for the aching heart that He challenged us to relate to all we meet.
His motivating power of love orders our daily action of telling all we encounter that Jesus's mercy is nearer than breathing.
Absolutely free and certain to all people without a single exception, this Blessed assurance of acceptance, if they will come is His Blessed Word .
" Him that cometh to me , I will in no wise cast out." ( John 6:37 )
I dont know what you talking about here, you lost me.

I dont know what you talking about here, you lost me.
You do not understand obligation of the predestined to serve God, and what that entails ?
Come to think of it you have not touched upon the obligation & manner the predestined are called to serve God on earth anywhere in this thread that I can see ?
Do you not know why God has assigned you as a predestined person to be on earth at this time .
As the very brief time of the predestined passes away on this sinful planet what then is your understanding of how you are to serve Him each day ?
" Walk in wisdom toward those who are outside redeeming the time. "
( Colossians 4:5 )

The Goal of Election, its God having Predestinated a particular number of people unto Eternal Glory in Christ Jesus 2 Tim 2:10, for the purpose of having the praise of His Grace Eph 1:4-6

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

You do not understand obligation of the predestined to serve God, and what that entails ?
Come to think of it you have not touched upon the obligation & manner the predestined are called to serve God on earth anywhere in this thread that I can see ?
Do you not know why God has assigned you as a predestined person to be on earth at this time .
As the very brief time of the predestined passes away on this sinful planet what then is your understanding of how you are to serve Him each day ?
" Walk in wisdom toward those who are outside redeeming the time. "
( Colossians 4:5 )
You still have lost me, maybe you need to reread my post points.

The Goal of Election, its God having Predestinated a particular number of people unto Eternal Glory in Christ Jesus 2 Tim 2:10, for the purpose of having the praise of His Grace Eph 1:4-6

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
Yes, you have previously mentioned your state of being and how proud you are of that.
In fact that is all you have mentioned.
Even before repeating it once more here .

How curious it is that even after having it brought to your attention that your predestined state has completely failed to prompt even one mention of the attached works that God has planned for the predestined, such as yourself, to perform in each precious fleeting day given to them by God ?
Redeeming the time.

" I must work the works of Him who sent Me while it is day ,
the night is coming when no one can work ."
( John 9:4 )

Last edited:
The power of negative confessions is being "in Truth"

Luke 17:10

So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.

AND, to those who take a really "honest" look at themselves, they will actually look forward in eager anticipation to this transpiring to themselves:

Matthew 25:30

And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Understand the principle and fact of Mark 4:15. Yes, it's a reality for everyone.

Who then is the unprofitable servant? The answer should be obvious.

Is the entirety of any person an elect or automatically saved?

Absolutely not. Mark 4:15 identifies WHO is not getting past the pearly gates

Election is perhaps the most despised Gospel doctrine in all the scripture. It magnifies the Sovereign Mercy of God in the Lord Jesus Christ. Yet Jesus who is the only way of Salvation indicates it especially in John's Gospel. Listen to John 6:37

All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

The words of Christ here "All that the Father giveth to me" denotes certain ones had been given to Him by His Father !

John 17:2

As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

The words of Christ here "as many as thou hast given me" indicate only certain ones should He give eternal life to. Thats election .

Election is perhaps the most despised Gospel doctrine in all the scripture. It magnifies the Sovereign Mercy of God in the Lord Jesus Christ. Yet Jesus who is the only way of Salvation indicates it especially in John's Gospel. Listen to John 6:37

All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

The words of Christ here "All that the Father giveth to me" denotes certain ones had been given to Him by His Father !

John 17:2

As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

The words of Christ here "as many as thou hast given me" indicate only certain ones should He give eternal life to. Thats election .

I have no problem with the doctrine of election. It is true, and God has given us the knowledge of it in Scripture.

But, election is God's work. Not ours. Our work is to present the Gospel to whomever we can. Then let God do the work with the saving power of that Gospel.

We never try to determine who are God's elect and who are not. We can know believers are, but only after they come to faith in Christ.

The latter part of (John 6:37) should be emphasized as well. "...and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out."

Quantrill

Back