Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Both Muslim and Jew Will Build The Temple

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Revelation 4:2 says NOTHING about John being transported into the future. IMO To say that persons who did not yet exist spoke with John is absurd. edited please adjust the verbiage.reba
The respectable thing is to admit that Revelation 4:2 is NOT a proof text for the pre-tribulation rapture doctrine.
That's fine. When do you think the Lord's Day is?

Revelation 4:2 says NOTHING about John being transported into the future. IMO To say that persons who did not yet exist spoke with John is absurd. edited please adjust the verbiage.reba
The respectable thing is to admit that Revelation 4:2 is NOT a proof text for the pre-tribulation rapture doctrine.
Does Revelation 4:1 speak of moving John into a future vision?

Personally after Revelation 3:20 I tend to see the ability to see visions a reality. In fact 3:21 mentions sitting down in the Fathers throne. So just being brought into the future would IMHO be easier.

I seek these trips myself ( see visions- dream dreams).

eddiflet no man say he is tempted of God

Does Revelation 4:1 speak of moving John into a future vision?

Personally after Revelation 3:20 I tend to see the ability to see visions a reality. In fact 3:21 mentions sitting down in the Fathers throne. So just being brought into the future would IMHO be easier.

I seek these trips myself ( see visions- dream dreams).

eddiflet no man say he is tempted of God
John was transported to heaven to see things that were in the NEAR future. It says NOTHING about him being transported into the actual future. An elder that was in heaven THEN was speaking with John. One who does not exist cannot speak because he does not exist.

Therefore, the scene is NO proof at all forthe rapture.

It is Sunday for most Christians, but it is Saturday for SDA Christians.
Can you show me in scripture where Saturday or Sunday is the Lord's day?

Other references to it and events to come can be read in the words "The day of the Lord,"
2 Pet 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

There is also the term "In that day" such as used in Isa 19:24. In that day shall Israel be the third with Egypt and with Assyria, even a blessing in the midst of the land:

My thoughts.

Other references to it and events to come can be read in the words "The day of the Lord,"
2 Pet 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
Are you saying that John was transported to the future to the actual time when the earth is supposedly burned up? John was on the Lord's day PRIOR to being transported into heaven (1:10). He was in the spirit on the Lord's day (Sat or Sun) when the Lord spoke to him. This was PRIOR to his being caught up to heaven.

Are you saying that John was transported to the future to the actual time when the earth is supposedly burned up? John was on the Lord's day PRIOR to being transported into heaven (1:10). He was in the spirit on the Lord's day (Sat or Sun) when the Lord spoke to him. This was PRIOR to his being caught up to heaven.
The portion of scripture I quoted is only a part of the Lord's Day. Blessings.

Back