Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Browns backers

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Difference is that Browns fans aren't fair weather fans. When our team gets creamed we don't hide in the closet or pretend its not our team. Then again nobody here predicted a Super Bowl either. Then again the if you're a Steeler fan, their team playing well must have your spirits up. We all know you know you are still reeling from the big Bush re-election win.... :tongue .

I'm not sure why they cut JJ yesterday. The team is beat up worse than last year. I had a bad feeling after that rash of injuries we had in pre-season.

The sad part is that we lost another draft pick. I'm not sure what Miami was offering at the beginning of the year, but it was a pick, that's for sure. Butch is working on giving away a whole draft before he leaves. 1 through 7.

I just found out that Conni Rice is a die hard Browns fan. To me, that makes her more than qualified for the job. If she can stick with the Browns through these last forty years and not lose her mind, she can handle any job the White house has to offer. :-D

Did you see them show that the Browns have the toughest schedule in the league during the game today? We are still playing horrible offensively. Way too conservative for a 3-7 team. Bring on the draft.

Did you see them show that the Browns have the toughest schedule in the league during the game today?

I only watched the first quarter but i know we have a very tough schedule. It was just one of those days that it was just too painful to watch.

Did you hear Mike Pagels comments about the technique of the offensive linemen. He said the lines not that bad talent wise, but technique wise they're not even close.

I hope we lose out and get Butch fired, i've had all I can take of him. If there's anyonyone who would know what a conservative, play not to lose coach looks like, a Browns fan should know.

It's sad to say, but aside from the moving of the team, we were better off with Art Modell. The Lerner Family as owners have failed miserably. I don't think Randy even really cares, or maybe he doesn't have what it takes to fire Butch. Either way, if he doesn't step up to the plate in this off season, we are in for more of the same in years to come. I wouln't let Butch make one more pick for us in the draft.

Yeah, I heard it too. That being said, its unlikely we'll get a chance to see Luke play at all. I realize Garcia will still be starting next year but the kid needs playing time so he can atleast move into the b/u spot.

Well, we will see if Robinski was being held back on offense now. I have a feeling he was being kept more concervative than he would have liked to have been. I'm glad it's over, and also glad that we can take our time in finding a GM and coach.

The first to coaches that come to mind are Weiss or Cronell from the Patriots, or maybe Mike Shanahan if he decides to leave Denver at the end of the year.

Holcomb is out with cracked ribs, guess we might get to see Luke play. With the season in the tank anyway, he might as well play out the rest of the games.

All things considered, I thought Luke did fine. I like his snap release.

I'm trying to be positive. I'm thinking we did much better against the Eagles than Green Bay did. We should be drafting high again too. Cav's are in first place. :lol:

We have got to have the worst offensive line in NFL history. That's ok, like a drunk, we needed to hit bottom for real, significant changes to take place. If we lose out we are picking second in the draft, trading down we should be able to get another 1st round pick. I'm thinking r. tackle and a solid guard, and there will be some good left tackles in the second and third rounds this year. I think we can rebuild in two years. I'm talking both lines, running backs, qbs if necessary, corner backs, add to the linebackers. All of it. We need to trade Green and Warren and pick up some more high picks. I think it can be done in two years.

I went to the game last week in Buffalo. At least we led at the end of the 1st quarter.... :lol: . It was brutal. The weather was bad, and the team hasn't played with any passion since Butch left. The defense is getting left on the field too long and even they have given up. Robiskie was right when he said this is a beaten team. The team is at an all-time low, I really don't things have ever been worse than they are right now. Hopefully Salsbury was wrong when he said the Browns were going to replace the Bungles.

These next 4 or 5 monthes are so critical. Hopefully we get quality people in the front office. We really need to get the GM position filled soon with the best possible candidate, Pioli or Savage. The sooner we do we can figure out what coach we can get and how to approach the draft.

Ceveland vs. Miami. We won, ahh, that is, the great battle for the #2 pick in the 2005 draft. Was it obvious that both teams were trying to lose? :lol:

:lol: ....yeah it was pretty bad. I think the highlight was the pick McCown should have never thrown, the Dolphins kept lateraling it back and eventually Madison fumbled and we get the ball back. Patrick, Theisman and McGuire suffered like we all did. But you're right, we won.....#2 that is.

Here's something that I found on Brick. Bold emphisis mine.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2005/pro ... guson.html
D’Brickashaw Ferguson OT Virginia 6’5 295 Jr.
By: Robert Davis

D’Brickashaw Ferguson came out of nowhere to become one of the finest tackle prospects in recent memory. He was not a big recruit, but he showed early on that those recruiting services missed on him. He took the starting left tackle job in camp as a true freshman, and never let it go during his career at Virginia. He has started 38 straight games, including every game he has played in.

There hasn’t been a left tackle in recent memory with as much natural athleticism as Ferguson. He is an awesome athlete, displaying tremendous lateral agility, and ability to adjust on the move. He is a superb pass blocker, and is a force in the run game as well Ferguson has shown a great deal of durability at UVa, never missing a game due to injury. Off the field, he is of high character, which brings a lot of value in itself. He is an honor student and youth minister at his church. You are getting a great football player and even better person with D’Brickashaw.

The only flaw in Ferguson’s game is his lack of bulk. He is listed at 295, but he looks a lot closer to the 275 range. He must get bigger and stronger to reach his potential in the NFL. He just turned 21, so he time is on his side, and he has the frame to add weight, so this may not even be an issue once the draft rolls around.

Ferguson is a franchise caliber talent. Other than pure bulk, he is an awesome talent, and a potential Top 5 pick this year or next. If he declares this year, Ferguson is going to have to put in serious work before the draft to bulk up. If he stays in school and puts the weight on naturally over the course of the year, he may be a potential #1 overall pick next season. Whether it is this year or next, Ferguson looks like he could be the top offensive lineman taken. His ability to put on weight will dictate exactly how high he goes, but the sky is the limit for Ferguson.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is our tackle if he lasts till the # three pick.

I'm still pretty mad about dropping to 3. As far as drafting an offensive lineman at 3, I don't think that's a good idea. Not because we don't need lineman but because there are too many other higher rated players we'd be passing up. I think if they are definitely taking an o-lineman than we need to trade down a few spots. If Matt Leinart comes out joining Aaron Rogers, Cedric Benson and Mike Williams, which will all be highly sought after players whom we could easily draft and keep, draft and trade or just trade down.

We picked up Phil Savage as GM who was strongely recommended by Ozzie after he himself made it clear he was staying in Baltimore. I would like to see us get the Pats DC Romeo Crennell as coach. I'm hoping that Savage doesn't persuade Lerner to hire Jim Fassell because though I like Jim, he isn't much of a disciplinarian.... the Browns really need one.

There is also have a mini-camp this weekend for the rookies, so we'll get some info about the rookie FA signees when they show up and also about our drafted players. 8-)

I'm hearing that 42 players are being approached by the Brown, many are local kids. That NG that we drafted sounds like a winner, i'm hearing good things about him.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back