Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Browns backers

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Offensive Tackles
Name School Height Weight Year
Round Other
1 Jammal Brown Oklahoma 6060 315 SR 1 RT
2 Alex Barron Florida State 6060 310 SR 2 LT
3 Anthony Alabi Texas Christian 6060 325 SR 2 LT
4 Michael Munoz Tennessee 6060 305 SR 2 LT,
5 Wesley Britt Alabama 6070 315 SR 3 LT,
6 Jeremy Parquet Southern Mississippi 6060 340 SR 3 RT
7 Rob Pettiti Pittsburgh 6050 330 SR 3 LT
8 Trai Eseex Northwestern 6040 315 SR 3 LT
9 Nick Kaczur Toledo 6050 320 SR 3 LT, OG
10 Justin Geisinger Vanderbilt 6040 330 SR 3 LT
11 Calvin Armstrong Washington State 6070 310 SR 3 LT
12 Ray Willis Florida State 6050 320 SR 4 RT,
13 Wes Sims Oklahoma 6050 308 SR 5 LT
14 Khalif Barnes Washington 6050 290 SR 5 RT
15 Jon Dunn Virginia Tech 6070 340 SR 6 RT

Right Tackle out of Oklahoma Jammal Brown is the early favorite to be the first Offensive Lineman selected, and with good reason. Brown is a big kid, but also one of the better athletes at the position. He has smooth feet allowing him to pass protect but has good hand use to keep defenders at bay. The top Left Tackle in a very deep group is Alex Barron from Florida State. Barron is the top athlete of this class and has impressive upper body strength as well. Anthony Alabi of Texas Christian is quickly turning into one of my favorite players in this group. Alabi is huge and could be the strongest of this group, but also has tremendous athletic ability. He drives the defender of the ball in the run game and has a long reach to keep defenders from reaching the passer in pass protection. Tennessee's Michael Munoz lacks overall athletic ability, but has great technique to make up for his lack of quickness. Prior to breaking his leg, Alabama Tackle Wesley Britt would have been right up there with Alex Barron and Jammal Brown, but his recovery will be key to his position. Southern Mississippi's Jeremy Parquet is a huge Right Tackle with impressive feet and quickness. Despite his size, Parquet shows good lateral movement and the ability to pull from this tackle position. Rob Pettiti of Pittsburgh is a player that does it all by the book. He plays with good leverage, uses his hands well and packs a nice pop to his punch. Pettiti has quick enough feet to hold down the corner as well. Another player quickly becoming a favorite is Northwestern Left Tackle, Trai Essex. Essex was a top two Tight End recruit of High School but is entering his third season as a starter at Left Tackle. Essex shows good drive off the line of scrimmage into the defender, good quickness at the snap and the ability to pull. Essex is equally effective in pass protection and run blocking with his combined athletic ability and strength. In what could be the top MAC prospect, Toledo Offensive Tackle Nick Kaczur is a good run blocker that is very good at sustaining his blocks to open up holes for the back. The first Vanderbilt prospect in recent memory is Left Tackle Justin Geisinger. Geisinger has incredible strength allowing with smooth footwork allowing only one sack in the past two years in the SEC. Huge Washington State Left Tackle Calvin Armstrong is next on the list. Despite his size, he plays with good leverage and has a great reach that comes in nicely in pass protection. Florida State's Ray Willis is a strong player that is more of a run blocker than a pass protector as he lacks overall quickness. Wes Sims of Oklahoma is a player that is ready for a breakout season. Sims is very strong and has the quickness to be a starting Left Tackle in the NFL. However, Sims struggles with his balance and has troubles at the snap and versus an inside rush. Washington Tackle Khalif Barnes is an experience blocker, but also very inconsistent. Barnes has a high ceiling, but has a long way to go. From Virginia Tech, John Dunn is a huge pass protector. Dunn has surprising lateral movement but will get to upright while blocking. For a Right Tackle, Dunn is lacking as a run blocker.

Small School Prospects: Southern Tackle Miniya Smith is a huge tackle that received All-American awards last season.
Juniors to watch: Andrew Whitworth of LSU is on an equal path with Robert Gallery. Eric Winston, Tre' Stallings and Jonathan Scott are right behind Whitworth and all players have very good upside.
Star of the future: Derek Morris of North Carolina State has a lot of talent, but also a lot of questions off the field that may keep him off the field.
Don't forget about: North Carolina State Tackle Chris Colmer went into last season with a third round grade on my board. In fact, Colmer was one of my favorite players and I felt had the ability to shoot up the boards. Colmer however missed the season with Parsonage Turner Syndrome, a viral infection. Colmer is back on the field, but needs to prove he is 100% and even with that he will have a red flag next to his name.

Offensive Guards
Name School Height Weight Year
Round Other
1 David Baas Michigan 6040 320 SR 2 LG
2 Elton Brown Virginia 6050 330 SR 2 LG
3 Dan Buenning Wisconsin 6040 315 SR 3 LG
4 Doug Buckles Mississippi 6044 300 SR 3 LG
5 CJ Brooks Maryland 6050 318 SR 3 LG
6 Marcus Johnson Mississippi 6060 330 SR 3 RG
7 Uriah Moneoa Hawai'i 6020 360 SR 4 RG
8 Chris Kemoeatu Utah 6040 335 SR 5 RG, OT
9 Sam Mayes Oklahoma State 6030 350 SR 5 RG
10 Adam Snyder Oregon 6050 320 SR 5 RG, OT
11 Nick Steitz Oregon 6040 320 SR 6 LG
12 Jonathan Clinkscale Wisconsin 6030 305 SR 6 RG
13 Chris Myers Miami Florida 6050 300 SR 6 OC in 03
14 Buster Ashley Western Kentucky 6040 300 SR 6 OT
15 Claude Terrell New Mexico 6030 330 SR 6 LG

David Baas of Michigan is the #1 rated Offensive Guard prospect heading into the 2004/5 season. Baas is a very good run blocker that uses his hands very well to sustain his blocks. He also has the ability to pass protect but could stand to improve his lateral movement and quickness at the snap. Virginia blocker Elton Brown is punishing to defenders in the run game. He doesn't move laterally well and isn't clean at the snap, but is wide enough to prevent a speed rusher from doing damage. Dan Buenning, Wisconsin, is another good run blocker that has good technique with his hands. Buenning is a little better athlete than Baas but doesn't have the pass protection ability of Baas. Another well rounded Guard prospect is Mississippi's Left Guard, Doug Buckles. Buckles as well has good hand use and likes to mix it up in the run game. Buckles is a better pass protector, but isn't the athlete of Baas and Buenning. Another Left Guard in CJ Brooks out of Maryland is solid with the run and the pass showing good drive off the ball. Brooks however isn't a player that will be able to be a pulling Guard on the next level. Mississippi's other Guard is next on the list in Marcus Johnson. Johnson is another player with solid technique with lacking athletic ability. He is a strong player that will drive the defender off the ball when he gets his legs behind him in the run game. Uriah Moneoa is the next in line of a strong group of Hawai'i lineman. Moneoa is a strong run blocker that has impressive athletic ability shown when he is used as a pulling Guard. Utah Right Guard Chris Kemoeatu is a strong pass and run blocker showing good strength and hand use. However, Kemoeatu lacks the ability to block effectively on the move and at times will get laze with his hands. Oklahoma State Guard, Sam Mayes, is another huge player that while being a good run blocker, struggles moving his feet in the passing game. Adam Snyder of Oregon is a versatile blocker with the ability to play both Tackle positions as well as Right Guard. In the end, this will help Snyder, but his pass protection isn't enough to be a starting Tackle. At Guard though, Snyder uses his legs and leverage to drive defenders off the ball. Miami Florida's Chris Myers is next on the Guard list. Myers played some Center in 2003 but is back at his natural Guard position. He has good hands use and works well in pass protection but doesn't show the strength of a run blocker. Claude Terrell of New Mexico is a top prospect on many boards, but Terrell didn't show the awareness or pass protection ability to be more than a 6th round player. Western Kentucky's Buster Ashley is the top small school prospect by a large margin. While playing Tackle at Western Kentucky, Ashley is better suite for Guard. Oregon State Guard Kannan Sanchez is a good athlete but doesn't show the strength to drive defenders off the ball.

Small School Prospects: Buster Ashley of Western Kentucky is the top prospect by a wide margin.
Juniors to watch: The Junior class is very weak, or at least still inexperienced at the only Junior prospect listed is Cody Douglas of Tennessee.
Star of the future: Iowa Guard Mike Jones started seven games as a True Freshman and should develop nicely under the tutelage of Kirk Ferentz.
Don't forget about: Listed on the sleeper page is Florida Guard Mo Mitchell. Mitchell started four games at Right Guard in 2002, than went back to his High School position of Defensive Tackle. Mitchell is back at Guard though and the 6'7''-365 pounder has a lot of ability.

====================

The drugstore list.

OFFENSIVE GUARDS - EARLY LEADERS – Adam Snyder (T) (Oregon), Elton Brown (Virginia), David Baas (Michigan), Chris Kemoeatu (Utah).

As centers and tackles have risen, draftees at guard have fallen off. There were 24 selected in the last two drafts, down 10 from the previous two years. Snyder shines as a run blocker, Brown’s forte is protecting the passer. Brown probably has the most potential. Baas is a strong technician with a fiery style but his mobility is marginal.

OTHERS TO WATCH - Claude Terrell (T) (New Mexico), Doug Buckles (Mississippi), Dan Buenning (Wisconsin), Dylan Gandy (Texas Tech), C.J. Brooks (T) (Maryland), Jonathan Clinkscale (Wisconsin), Cody Campbell (Texas Tech).

OFFENSIVE TACKLES - EARLY LEADERS – Alex Barron (Florida St.), Jammal Brown (Oklahoma), Chris Colmer (No. Carol. St.), Michael Munoz (Tennessee), Ray Willis (Florida St.), Nick Kaczur (Toledo).

This appears to be an excellent group of prospects. Barron has outstanding size and fine quickness but he plays a little tall and could be a bit nastier. Brown is probably the Big Twelve’s best pass protector. He can run block but needs to be more aggressive in that area of his game. Colmer was highly rated last year before he redshirted due to a rare nerve disorder. Munoz is not quite as athletic as his Hall of Fame dad but his size and strength are very good and his technique is flawless.

OTHERS TO WATCH - Rob Petitti (Pittsburgh), Marcus Johnson (G) (Mississippi), Khalif Barnes (Washington), Wesley Britt (Alabama), Calvin Armstrong (Washington St.), Jeremy Parquet (Southern Miss.), Adam Terry (Syracuse), Doug Nienhuis (Oregon St.), David Stewart (Mississippi St.), Morgan Davis (Wisconsin), Jon Doty (Kansas St.), Pete McMahon (Iowa), Michael Roos (East. Wash.).

We should trade Green to get another high second or a low number one. There are a lot of teams in need of a running back now.

there are enough prospects to rebuild in this draft. Enough left tackles that their would be no excuse not to take one in the first or even the second round. This will be a strong draft for offensive linemen, we should be stockpiling draft picks where ever we can. Trading up, if possible. Solid Guards available in the second and third round.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel. All we need to do is get rid of that four hundred pound gorilla called butch Davis. Who will draft more running backs and another center, and oh yeah, another tight end in the next draft.

It's tough to say where everyone will fall in 8 months time, but there will be solid offensive linemen available at every position.

Good information on everthing.

I don't think we'll have to trade up far because if they continue to play the same way we'll be easily in the top five and competing with Miami and San Fran for number 1. I think there is no doubt that 1 and 2 should be spent on the best offensive lineman available (except center). If we need to move into the first round to get 2 solid ones then so be it. Our main interests in free agency should also be geared for signing at least 1 top notch lineman and if the opportunity exists, then get another. D-line is also an issue but not quite as pressing even if Brown is definitely gone. If Warren is gone too, then it will be almost manditory to get something in free agency and use the 3rd rounder or trade it like last year to move up into the second.

Check this out. Tucker and his family have put their house up for sale. They had just purchased it and moved in about 13 months ago. His contract is up at the end of this year too. I think he's planning on leaving.

Jammal Brown from Oklahoma is looking like an early favorite.

Two left tackles really look interesting, and both may slide in the draft because of the heavy talent at those positions, or because of off the field problems.

Anthony Alabi Texas Christian 6060 325 SR 2 LT

Winston Justice USC. He's projected to go in the second or third now, but that probably won't last. Here's what one link said about him; "He has some off-field trouble with the law pending, but if that is resolved and he is back on the USC team, he has first-round talent. Justice has been starting since his freshman season, which is big-time ability in the Pac-10."

I have a bad feeling that if Butch is still here for the next draft, he'll go defense in the first round and hope the last of the good offensive linemen is still there when we pick again.

That was interesting LOL. I watched the first half. Getting back into divisional play should be a boost for the Browns. At the end of the year, looking back, The first four games may be considered the toughest part of our schedule. Even Washington with their 1 and 3 record was difficult because of their consistant blitzing, which probably hurt the Browns more than any other team because of our patched offensive line. It's killing me that we are losing our draft position though, but thems the breaks.

It was nice to see Suggs back, if not for the running, than definately for his blocking in the backfield. He picked up the blitz very nicely all game from what I saw and heard. I thought he played a little slower than usual, maybe a little rusty still.

Our division isn't strong, so I think we play the Steelers pretty tough. Expect more of the same blitzing from them. The Squeelers haven't seen a mobile QB in the division for some time now.

The Browns should have a break out game on offense. If they don't do it this week, it may never happen. Steelers are still weak in the defensive backfield.

I would still like to see King get a start at wide out.

A world of difference with Henry and 'Cutch back playing in the secondary.

I think the most important thing for next week is to rattle Big Ben and force him into some turnovers. However, he's playing real well and could be a dominate force in the years to come. It should come down to the wire any way you look at it.

We need to take advantage especially after KC's gift last night.

I'm at a cross road as to whether we should blitz or stay back in coverage, mixing it up and trying to confuse him. Just by the stats it seems that their passing attack is all short stuff, probably screen plays and dump off passes. Tackling will be critical.

Bens first game was against Miami (0-4) who had 4 turovers and no offense. Here's the stats. http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL ... 26_PIT@MIA

And here's the Cincinnati (1-3) game.
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL ... 03_CIN@PIT

Both games had there share of tunovers. I noticed that the Steelers have been getting a lot of kick return yards lately.

We can have a big game against these guys. We should get some turnovers too. I think field postition is big in this game also. Keep the rookie QB on a long field and he will make some mistakes along the way.

I think we have them out matched if we can shut down, or at least slow down their running game. Amos was way better runner than Duce, I don't know what they were thinking, maybe pass catching ability.

Duce is a tough player. He runs hard and he catches well. He may not rack up yards for either but with WR like they have, he doesn't need to.
I'm mostly concerned with which team shows up, Cleveland Jekyll or Browns Hyde. They are almost as much a mystery as the Saints are. I'm thinking it will be a tough close game.

I thought this was interesting. While I'm nervous about Holcomb's play in preseason and Luke's inexperience... I see we may have a possible solution if it ever comes to that.

newspaper from kansas city has mentioned in an interview the fact that Grbac...Mr. pro bowler of 2000!!!,would absolutely be interested in strengthening the Browns quarterback core as a 6'5 235 pound strong arm threat if need be for little money,being the hard core browns fan hes always been.and whats to lose in that case?!?!

http://www.fanmonster.com/public/tiplin ... leid=12157

I heard on the radio last night that duce is about 240 lbs. I didn't think he was that big. He won a fantacy football playoff pool for me about three years ago for the passes he caught as touchdowns, his running basicly netted me nothing. McNabb was huge for me.

Interesting about Grbac. He did really well with KC in that one system, I'm not sure how well he can do outside of it, but he has experience, and the tools. I'm wondering if Holcomb has any trade value. i'm sure a team like Greenbay may be interested in him for a low pick. The money factor is huge also. It's hard to find a quality backup for a mil. a year. Someone that you would have confidence in to have a shot at winning.

I haven't been a regular visitor to bernies insider since last year. I've been there a few times this year under "TouchdownBrowns". Seems that a lot of people jumped ship when Couch bit the dust.

I didn't like the front page either. The new one is better. I wouldn't mind going on a Steelers insider and seeing what they are saying. Do you have a link?

We put the steelers to the test this week. We are 2 and 2 and played tough in our two losses. A step up from the Bengals and Miami. I have a gut feeling we are going to roll them. Linbacker play for us will be critical in this game. If we can keep them in secoond or third and long all day, we should win.

If Lewis from the Baltimore Ravens gets suspended for more than two games after Sunday, we may catch a break when we play them on November 7.

PITTSBURGH - Duce Staley was downgraded to questionable for Sunday's game against the Cleveland Browns. He missed Thursday's practice with an infected big right toe.

Ha, Jim Brown played a whole season with a broken toe. If Duce sits out, this could be big for us.

Reading in the squeelers forum, they say that Ben can roll out better than Garcia can. I haven't seen him play yet, so we shall see.

I offer my condolences to all the Browns fan in this threads. The Steelers clearly own the Browns this year, and are going to take the division. I haven't watched any Browns games since Game 1 this year, but Cleveland seems sorely lacking in defense, and doesn't have enough offence in Garcia to make up for this.

The great thing about a Browns fan is, week after week they are Browns fans. They are loyal, unlike psuedo-fans who root for last years Super Bowl Champion or liberals who abandon truth for popular opinion. After one meeting its hard to say anyone owned anybody. As you might remember week 2, the Steelers hardly owned the Ravens.

All I will say is that it doesn't matter who wins the AFC North, that team won't go very far in the playoffs.

and doesn't have enough offence in Garcia to make up for this

Offense consists of more than one player. Anyone can see that the offensive line is the problem.

Its pretty bad when only one defensive player is offended by Chad Johnson's little prank. If I was on that team, I'd make it clear to everyone on that defense that he is a marked man. Just like Jamel Lewis should have been last year when he made his guarantee. Just like Ray Lewis was this year when he ran his mouth before the season opener. I think it was Jeff Faine who made sure he got in his face the first play.

Kenard Lang said:
"He better just be glad I'm not playing defensive back," end Kenard Lang said. "It's all fun and humor, but personally on that first play I'd get a flag. I'd jump on him.

I'm not surprised that this is coming from one of the few guys actually stepping up on defense this year. We need more of them.

I missed the prank, what did Chad say?

I agree, Kenard Lang has been solid this year.

If we lose this game, that should be the end of Butch. Considering we are getting "punked" by the Bungles, how much worse can it get? :lol:

He sent the DB's Pepto Bismol and said they'd need it after trying to cover him in the game. Somebody needs to make it clear that Chad is a marked man. It would be a great time for Andra Davis step up and become the leader on this D.

He sent the DB's Pepto Bismol and said they'd need it after trying to cover him in the game. Somebody needs to make it clear that Chad is a marked man. It would be a great time for Andra Davis step up and become the leader on this D.

LOL :lol: You have to admit, it's pretty funny. Maybe this will pull our team together. Or, make players so angry over the state of the team that they are counting the days until they can get out of here.

Unfortunately, this is the kind of thing that makes a player known and gets him endorsements. It worked for TO, and for Dennis Rodman. Every pro player knows that, too. If chad pulls this off and has a good day, he will take a step towards more public recognition and more money.

I think he seeled his fate though. He is understimating our D backfield. In fact, I'd go as far as saying because of Chads comments, we are going to light them up on Sunday. Every player on this team knows what if feels like to carry something like that through the off season when Lewis backed himself up last year by breaking the single game rushing record. Trust me, Chad is a marked man. If for some reason we get blown out early, he'd better sit the rest of the game out if he'a smart.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back