Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

"Burning in Hell"

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I've been studying the Scriptures in many languages for 30+ years farouk. You'll remember me when God finally opens your eyes to the fact the He is a God of Love, not a cosmic madman who will burn alive His own creatures forever. Anyone who believes something so hateful and demonic does not understand even ONE WORD of Scripture.....NOT ONE! And he/she certainly does not have the Spirit within, and has NEVER actually known God. The "god" they have been worshiping is not God. They have been told it is the Father and Jesus Christ, and they "think" it is the Father and Jesus Christ, but they have actually been worshiping a foreign, cruel, pagan god the entire time. They have been worshiping the "image of the beast" (MAN'S false image of God - Revelation 13:13-15). The "true" God is someone else entirely. Jesus Christ is someone else entirely. They do NOT know Him at all - and they have no genuine desire to know Him. They actually do not like the "true" God, as evidenced by their hatred for the true Word of God, and their hatred for the enormous magnitude of God's love, mercy, grace, and forgiveness. Yet they love and adore man's (the beast's) hateful, cruel, divisive, self-righteous traditions and doctrines with all of their hearts and minds. It may be a while, but you will remember what I have been telling you..... someday.

Peace and God Bless

Friend, I can only encourage you to keep searching the Bible. Apart from faith in the sacrifice of Christ at the Cross, my sins are the problem, and the Lord Jesus Himself warns people that hell is to be avoided at all costs (Mark 9.48).

(See also the ToS, above, that reba mentioned.)

"My sin, O the bliss of this glorious tho't,
My sin, not in part, but the whole
Is nailed to the cross and I bear it no more.
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!"

Last edited by a moderator:
The "true" God is someone else entirely. Jesus Christ is someone else entirely.

John 4:24 says that god is a spirit. god's spirit is holy. the holy spirit is a gift from god and of god. jesus is god's word made flesh, god the son. god of spirit, his holy spirit and god the son/jesus are all one in the same. to know this in thy heart is salvation. salvation first, bible second. Romans 10:9

I've been studying the Scriptures in many languages for 30+ years farouk. You'll remember me when God finally opens your eyes to the fact the He is a God of Love, not a cosmic madman who will burn alive His own creatures forever. Anyone who believes something so hateful and demonic does not understand even ONE WORD of Scripture.....NOT ONE! And he/she certainly does not have the Spirit within, and has NEVER actually known God. The "god" they have been worshiping is not God. They have been told it is the Father and Jesus Christ, and they "think" it is the Father and Jesus Christ, but they have actually been worshiping a foreign, cruel, pagan god the entire time. They have been worshiping the "image of the beast" (MAN'S false image of God - Revelation 13:13-15). The "true" God is someone else entirely. Jesus Christ is someone else entirely. They do NOT know Him at all - and they have no genuine desire to know Him. They actually do not like the "true" God, as evidenced by their hatred for the true Word of God, and their hatred for the enormous magnitude of God's love, mercy, grace, and forgiveness. Yet they love and adore man's (the beast's) hateful, cruel, divisive, self-righteous traditions and doctrines with all of their hearts and minds. It may be a while, but you will remember what I have been telling you..... someday.

Peace and God Bless

Saul studied the scriptures his whole life and his revelation of God's word was to kill Christians, "thinking" he was doing God a favor.

Then he had an encounter with Jesus and became the Apostle Paul.

I put alot more stock into someone who has been with Jesus, rather than how many years they studied the bible or how many languages they studied in.

Just sayin!

JLB

JLB your post 83 makes an excellent point. I used to think all preachers knew what they were talking about because they went to some school of theology and had perhaps multiple degrees--that is, until I read my Bible.

JLB your post 83 makes an excellent point. I used to think all preachers knew what they were talking about because they went to some school of theology and had perhaps multiple degrees--that is, until I read my Bible.

Amen!

I agree. JLB seems to shine on posts that are numbered "83". From now on, we should save post #83 for JLB! :yes

Ok, if it upsets you all that much then i'll change. So can anyone tell me what God the Father/God the Son/God the Holy Spirit and hell have in common.

It does look better, ty.

You've yet to find the verse that states hell exists, and that you will burn in hell. There are theories, assumptions, and misinterpretations...but that's it.

who are the scriptures referring too when they say the words him, wicked, my soul, them, he, his soul, the eyes of man, yet thou, we, your

Job 26:6 Hell is naked before him, and destruction hath no covering.
Psa 9:17 The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.
Psa 16:10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
Psa 55:15 Let death seize upon them, and let them go down quick into hell: for wickedness is in ther dwellings, and among them.
Prov 15:24 The way of life is above to the wise, that he may depart from hell beneath.
Prov 23:14 Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.
Prov 27:20 Hell and destruction are never full; so the eyes of man are never satisfied.
Isa 14:15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
Isa 28:15 Because ye have said, We have made a covenant with death, and with hell are we at agreement; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, it shall not come unto us: for we have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves

Death, torment, being absent from God, Gehenna after the second coming, etc. are all verified, but not hell. No where does it say that if you die without having been saved, you will go to [burn in] hell.

What do you think being absent from God means?

KJV verses that mention the word hell:

Deuteronomy 32:22; 2 Samuel 22:6; Job 11:8; Psalms 9:17; 16:10; 55:15; Proverbs 5:5; 7:27; 9:18; 15:11; 15:24; 23:14; 27:20; Isaiah 14:9; 28:15; Ezekiel 31:16; 32:21; Amos 9:2; Jonah 2:2; Habakkuk 2:5; Matthew 5:22; 10:28; 11:23; 16:18; 18:9; 23:15; 23:33; Luke 10:15; 12:5; 16:23; Acts 2:31; James 3:6; 2Peter 2:4; Revelation 1:18; 20:13

Many scriptures depict hell as fire and brimstone burning for eternity, but none of us actually knows what it will look like or feel to be cast there. In my own minds eye I see hell as a place where those who have rejected God, whether they be good or bad people, burning in a torment (fire and brimstone could be a metaphor for torment) of having to see those who have heard the call of God and have accepted Him and now live in a place of paradise with all the fullness of God in all His glory. No more tears, no more hurts, pain sickness, etc, etc. Those in hell are outside the realm of God continuing in all their sin, sickness, hurts, pain tears, etc. etc., but can see those who are in the glory of the Lord like looking through a window and wanting what others have, but will never have it and this is their torment for eternity as they are constantly consumed with the fire that burns in their souls for what they have rejected and now to late to receive.

God said that he would that none should perish, but those who have rejected God and His word are those who will be cast into the lake of fire for eternity by their own choice, even if they do not believe in Heaven or Hell, we believe because we know that Gods word is truth and does not come back void in our lives.

Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.
Hosea 4:7 As they were increased, so they sinned against me: therefore will I change their glory into shame.

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Rev 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
Rev 21:6 and he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
Rev 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God and he shall be my son.
Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Revelation 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
Revelation 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Revelation 20:13 and the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
Revelation 20:14 and death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Revelation 20:15 and whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

KJV verses that mention the word hell:

Deuteronomy 32:22; 2 Samuel 22:6; Job 11:8; Psalms 9:17; 16:10; 55:15; Proverbs 5:5; 7:27; 9:18; 15:11; 15:24; 23:14; 27:20; Isaiah 14:9; 28:15; Ezekiel 31:16; 32:21; Amos 9:2; Jonah 2:2; Habakkuk 2:5; Matthew 5:22; 10:28; 11:23; 16:18; 18:9; 23:15; 23:33; Luke 10:15; 12:5; 16:23; Acts 2:31; James 3:6; 2Peter 2:4; Revelation 1:18; 20:13

You mean KJV verses that incorrectly translate or transliterate the Classical Hebrew and Koine Greek, while borrowing from the Latin Vulgate. We've already been over this.

You mean KJV verses that incorrectly translate or transliterate the Classical Hebrew and Koine Greek, while borrowing from the Latin Vulgate. We've already been over this.

KJV verses that incorrectly translate the what from the what? Let's talk about post #96..who are the scriptures referring too when they say the words him, wicked, my soul, them, he, his soul, the eyes of man, yet thou, we, your

What violation? The mods have been over this thread, and even closed then re-opened it after cleaning up some of the personal stuff that was being tossed around (not by me). There is no conspiracy theory about the KJV. It is a FACT that the 47 Church of England scholars who penned the 1611 KJV got stuff wrong. They did not do it deliberately, but rather as a result of fewer resources, the lack of technology, and the lack of archaeological finds such as the Dead Sea Scrolls. Furthermore, they certainly did not do it with intent to deceive, although one can safely assume they were biased considering their translation was the official version of the Church of England under James the 1st, and was in direct reformation to the Roman Catholic Church (see the Protestant Reformation). I've been over this stuff before. This is 100% pure factual history. Just because you don't like it does not make it any less true. Lastly, as has been stated before, the KJV and other formal equivalent translations agree on ~95% of the material. It's that other 5% that modern versions have revised to be more accurate and reflective of the Hebrew and Greek.

If you don't like informative and exploratory threads such as this one, stay out of Apologetics.

:topictotopic

I absolutely agree with you about the KJV translators. Why would we believe that the translators who lived in medieval England be more advanced than scholars of today with all of the references and sources at their fingertips via technology?

No one has stated anywhere I have read in this thread that the translators DELIBERATELY MISTRANSLATED WORDS TO DECEIVE. That is a fabrication on your part. There have been some mistranslations by the KJV translators, but I think that everyone here believes they made a few errors in the integrity and honesty of their heart. With the resources available to us today, we are better able to understand what the true intent of the scripture is.

As far as closing the thread, why don't you just ignore it and let others discuss what they will.

Unless I have the wrong person, wasn't it you that asked where in the KJV does it actually mention the word hell. These verses never mention hell as actual fire, but is metaphorical in it's translation as I already pointed out. Let me ask you a question. How do you know for a surety that the NASB is totally accurate? We also have to remember that many Greek words have no English translations and the writers who were inspired to write the KJV only wrote by that of the original Hebrew and Greek. I'm not saying that there are no errors in any translation especially between all the different languages, but is it not the Holy Spirit that teaches us and not our own logic as only the Holy Spirit can reveal all truths of what God has already said.

Unless I have the wrong person, wasn't it you that asked where in the KJV does it actually mention the word hell. These verses never mention hell as actual fire, but is metaphorical in it's translation as I already pointed out. Let me ask you a question. How do you know for a surety that the NASB is totally accurate? We also have to remember that many Greek words have no English translations and the writers who were inspired to write the KJV only wrote by that of the original Hebrew and Greek. I'm not saying that there are no errors in any translation especially between all the different languages, but is it not the Holy Spirit that teaches us and not our own logic as only the Holy Spirit can reveal all truths of what God has already said.

Yes I asked for verses stating hell. The KJV is erroneous with its use of hell. Both the Hebrew and Greek refer to either the grave or Gehenna, depending on the word used. All this is covered elsewhere.

I have never once stated that the NASB is totally accurate. No English translation is. Some are more accurate than others.

Yes I asked for verses stating hell. The KJV is erroneous with its use of hell. Both the Hebrew and Greek refer to either the grave or Gehenna, depending on the word used. All this is covered elsewhere.
It is unfortunate that some translations translate both gehenna and hades as 'hell.' Given Jesus's description of gehenna I think it is consistent that the lake of fire is to what Jesus was referring and is properly called hell.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back