Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

By His Stripes we are Healed !

toddm said:
Apostolic Soldier said:
Uh, back on topic Christ most definately healed people's physical sicknesses. According to his own words we could perform the miracles he performed and even greater. If you do not believe in physical healing that is "having a form of Godliness but denying the power thereof" the Bible says to turn away from sense. There are too many examples in the Gospels and Acts of people being physically healed to refute that prayer can indeed heal.
Nobody never said that Christ didn't heal people. Nor did anyone say that God doesn't still heal today. What I, and a few others, were saying is that Isaiah 53:5 does not refer to physical healing.

And you'd be correct. Context is everything.
One only needs to read the verse in context to see it was not talking about physical healing.
Transgressions, sins, iniquities....it's quite clear, actually.
Isaiah 53:3-12 said:
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth. He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken. And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth. Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand. He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities. Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

I wouldn't use Paul and Timothy's infirmity as the rule. Sure their cases are necessary pieces of scripture for us to get a balanced view of God's will. But, do we use their cases as an excuse to not pray for healing? Do I think that since I am sick it must be God's will?

I think the ministry of Jesus is clear enough indication that His overwhelming desire is to heal every disease. He healed everyone He came in contact with. He didn't leave anyone with the sickness He found them in - saying "God's grace will help you deal with that."

I am not one to say that God "owes" us healing because of the cross. God doesn't "owe" us anything. Any sin that He forgives and any sickness He heals is by His grace.

I don't agree with the preachers who relate God's healing power to an "electric force" that we can tap into and be healed. God isn't a force and He must agree to heal someone for them to be healed.

I just don't want us to go in the extreme opposite direction and think that divine healing is the exception.

Aaron the Tall said:
I wouldn't use Paul and Timothy's infirmity as the rule. Sure their cases are necessary pieces of scripture for us to get a balanced view of God's will. But, do we use their cases as an excuse to not pray for healing? Do I think that since I am sick it must be God's will?

I think the ministry of Jesus is clear enough indication that His overwhelming desire is to heal every disease. He healed everyone He came in contact with. He didn't leave anyone with the sickness He found them in - saying "God's grace will help you deal with that."

I am not one to say that God "owes" us healing because of the cross. God doesn't "owe" us anything. Any sin that He forgives and any sickness He heals is by His grace.

I don't agree with the preachers who relate God's healing power to an "electric force" that we can tap into and be healed. God isn't a force and He must agree to heal someone for them to be healed.

I just don't want us to go in the extreme opposite direction and think that divine healing is the exception.

I think the early church age was an age of miracles..there were actual healers given that power. Now, we have the priesthood of the believers that can carry it on. It isn't given to one man with the power to heal. We all can annoint with oil and pray for healing, and God will and does answer our prayer. Sometimes He doesn't...we're meant to learn a different lesson from our infirmities. It isn't always a lack of faith, though, when He doesn't heal us.

Praise God, we are saved from the curse ! :) All sickness is part of the curse and Jesus took that curse upon Himself for the believer.

Just as Israel looked to the snake on the pole in the desert, so we too get healed when we look at Jesus on the cross . As Paul teaches us , we drink the wine of communion and if we drink and do NOT discern correctly, we get sick and some die. The blood is for healing, the bread for salvation.

1Cr 11:28 But let a man prove himself, and so let him eat of the bread, and drink of the cup.

1Cr 11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh, eateth and drinketh judgment unto himself, if he discern not the body.

1Cr 11:30 For this cause many among you are weak and sickly, and not a few sleep.

Arrostos:1) without strength, weak, sickAuthorized Version (KJV) Translation Count — Total: 5
AV — sick 2, sick folk 1, be sick 1, sickly 1

glorydaz said:
I think the early church age was an age of miracles..there were actual healers given that power. Now, we have the priesthood of the believers that can carry it on. It isn't given to one man with the power to heal. We all can annoint with oil and pray for healing, and God will and does answer our prayer. Sometimes He doesn't...we're meant to learn a different lesson from our infirmities. It isn't always a lack of faith, though, when He doesn't heal us.

The Bible says that we WERE healed. Not "may be healed" God knows exactly how to use tenses. He used the PAST tense here, because He in fact finished the work at the cross. Healing is not something that He must still do for us, He did it ! We do have a part in it though; We have to BELIEVE that it is DONE. Then the manifestation of this will follow.

Look for yourself and decide if God indeed used the word "healed" here in the past tense form:

1Pe 2:24 who his own self bare our sins in his body upon the tree, that we, having died unto sins, might live unto righteousness; by whose stripes ye were healed.

..........and Jesus said " Is is FINISHED"

glorydaz said:
I think the early church age was an age of miracles..there were actual healers given that power.

Yes , unlike us today, they still walked in faith. They still believed the gospel.

Apostolic Soldier said:
Uh, back on topic Christ most definately healed people's physical sicknesses. According to his own words we could perform the miracles he performed and even greater. If you do not believe in physical healing that is "having a form of Godliness but denying the power thereof" the Bible says to turn away from sense. There are too many examples in the Gospels and Acts of people being physically healed to refute that prayer can indeed heal.

Amen :)

Mat 10:8 Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, cast out demons: freely ye received, freely give.
Luk 9:2 And he sent them forth to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.
Luk 10:9 and heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.

Mar 16:17 And these signs shall accompany them that believe: in my name shall they cast out demons; they shall speak with new tongues;

Mar 16:18 they shall take up serpents, and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall in no wise hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Cornelius said:
glorydaz said:
I think the early church age was an age of miracles..there were actual healers given that power.

Yes , unlike us today, they still walked in faith. They still believed the gospel.

When I say "us" I include myself. The church has gone through 2000 years and in this time it has fallen fallen away from the original gospel. So many errors today are seen AS gospel . We have lost much .On a forum like this, we are able to see just how far we have come in even now preaching that gospel with no power. We defend the doctrine of our denominations and not the doctrine of the Gospel as it was first preached.

Rev 2:5 Remember therefore whence thou art fallen, and repent and do the first works; or else I come to thee, and will move thy candlestick out of its place, except thou repent.

According to Christ, himself, not much faith is required to perform any miracle. I'll be the first to admit that sometimes we come to a place where faith is hard to hold onto. Could you imagine being the relatives of Lazarus when Jesus finally came? Could you imagine being Jarius? Could you imagine being all of the other people that Christ healed who had been disabled from birth? If you would have been in one of these situations it would be hard for you to believe that God could heal you. Yet, Christ did it and just as I stated above according to the "words in red" so can we too.

Matthew 17:20 (King James Version)

20And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

I love how it says NOTHING shall be impossible. By the way, I did make my first post because someone was implying that God could simply not heal physical infirmaties. Yes, I realize that specific scripture was talking about sin, but I was correcting an error.

The chastisement of our [ Christ seed] peace is upon him, that is, because of His chastisement, His stripes, we His seed see isa 53:10 come to experience consious peace of Justification [rom 5:1], the Faith He gives is through His blood [and the work of the holy Ghost] and grants his people consious peace of the peace He procured for them with God through His blood..

savedbygrace57 said:
The chastisement of our [ Christ seed] peace is upon him, that is, because of His chastisement, His stripes, we His seed see isa 53:10 come to experience consious peace of Justification [rom 5:1], the Faith He gives is through His blood [and the work of the holy Ghost] and grants his people consious peace of the peace He procured for them with God through His blood..

Amen :) and our bodies are healed as well ! What a wonderful salvation. Praise God.Jesus saved us from the curse !

Cornelius said:
savedbygrace57 said:

Amen :) and our bodies are healed as well ! What a wonderful salvation. Praise God.Jesus saved us from the curse !

This is spiritual healing, conversion..but the bodies of the elect will be changed in the day of redemption, but the death of christ does not prevent Gods people from sickness..for paul talked about how one of His companions got sick and God had mercy on him..phil 2:27

For indeed he was sick nigh unto death: but God had mercy on him; and not on him only, but on me also, lest I should have sorrow upon sorrow.

savedbygrace57 said:
Cornelius said:
savedbygrace57 said:

This is spiritual healing, conversion..but the bodies of the elect will be changed in the day of redemption, but the death of christ does not prevent Gods people from sickness..for paul talked about how one of His companions got sick and God had mercy on him..phil 2:27

For indeed he was sick nigh unto death: but God had mercy on him; and not on him only, but on me also, lest I should have sorrow upon sorrow.

That's right. God healed him. :) because we were healed by His stripes. Amen.

Apostolic Soldier said:
And again we believe that God heals....are some of you intentionally misrepresenting our position ?

He DOESNT, however, heal EVERYONE. That is fact, again, based on two VERY clear scriptural evidences.

:)

Cornelius said:
Praise God, we are saved from the curse ! :) All sickness is part of the curse and Jesus took that curse upon Himself for the believer.

Those of you who push this bogus nonsense that physical healing must exist if there is faith MUST EXPLAIN WHY Pauls thorn in the flesh was NOT removed by Christ.

Are you accusing PAUL of not having faith ?

And IF you say it wasnt removed "because" of any particular reason then you PROVE that it is GODS WILL that decides WHO is healed and who isnt ! ;)

And then Timothy whom Paul told to drink a little wine for his stomach issues.
WHY did Paul NOT tell Timothy to have faith because he was 'healed' at the cross ?
WHY did Paul turn to natural remedies rather than miraculous healing when instructing Timothy ?

Its been ignored long enough. Ill ask until we get a CLEAR response that makes SENSE :)

Cornelius said:
glorydaz said:

The Bible says that we WERE healed. Not "may be healed" God knows exactly how to use tenses. He used the PAST tense here, because He in fact finished the work at the cross. Healing is not something that He must still do for us, He did it ! We do have a part in it though; We have to BELIEVE that it is DONE. Then the manifestation of this will follow.

Look for yourself and decide if God indeed used the word "healed" here in the past tense form:

1Pe 2:24 who his own self bare our sins in his body upon the tree, that we, having died unto sins, might live unto righteousness; by whose stripes ye were healed.

..........and Jesus said " Is is FINISHED"
And AGAIN you HAVE TO explain WHY Paul AND Timothy were NOT shown as being 'healed' of their afflictions.
All you do is push 4 verses and then dance around anything that exposes your error, C.
its not very becoming of a Christian to ignore fact.

Cornelius said:
Amen :)

Mar 16:18 they shall take up serpents, and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall in no wise hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
GREAT....YOU posted it here and so now we will ask that YOU put your own faith to the test.

Come on, C...either you HAVE faith or you dont, brother....so which is it ?:)

Cornelius said:
Cornelius said:
glorydaz said:

When I say "us" I include myself. The church has gone through 2000 years and in this time it has fallen fallen away from the original gospel. So many errors today are seen AS gospel . We have lost much .On a forum like this, we are able to see just how far we have come in even now preaching that gospel with no power. We defend the doctrine of our denominations and not the doctrine of the Gospel as it was first preached.

Rev 2:5 Remember therefore whence thou art fallen, and repent and do the first works; or else I come to thee, and will move thy candlestick out of its place, except thou repent.
PUHlease...the 'POWER' (dunamis) of the GOSPEL is SALVATION !
Not parlor tricks...
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
(Romans 1:16 KJV)

We hardly deny the TRUE POWER of the gospel, gent.

:)

Cornelius said:
So Paul and Timothy....what...they didnt have faith or werent saved ?

What is it that you are accusing Paul and Timothy of, dear Cornelius, seeing the claims you make and knowing that Paul ASKED 3 times for his thorn to be removed and it wasnt....and Timothy was apparently given a 'home remedy' for his own ailments rather than the 'healing power of Jesus'....

savedbygrace57 said:
Fantastic passage. :)
I agree entirely....God HAD MERCY on him.....not 'he was healed at the cross' or some other such nonsense

Back