Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Call No Man Father

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Again....you are incorrect.

Revelation 12:17.......
" And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ."

There is not one single word in that Scripture that says..."Spiritual children of a spiritual mother".

Take time to read and study and investigate te literal words of that Scripture. When you do you will understand that This description is of the rest of the woman's PHYSICAL offspring and clearly identifies believers in Jesus. They may be a group of Jews, and possibly also Gentiles, who welcomed the message of the 144,000 identified in chapter 7. The tribulation period certainly leaves no room for wishy-washing professors of Christ. The severe trials of the tribulation will demonstrate genuine faith. As the apostle Peter explained, faith that is tried proves its genuineness and results in "praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ" (1 Peter 1:7).
How can a woman have billions of biological children?
Logic would indicate spiritual mother

And there is biblical precedent Rachel was the “spiritual mother” of the children of Israel

Matt 2:18 In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are not.

Thank you or the kind words. As I have said.....I do not argue and I only speak to what the Bible actually says.

I appreciate your post, however....the fact that a Catholic believe that a man can absolve their sins is the 1st problem.

Now lets talk facts. Penance is one of the sacraments of the Roman Catholic Church.
The fact is simply that It is used as a form of discipline or punishment imposed on a person to demonstrate repentance for his or her sins.

Fact is that usually, the act of penance as done and seen in the Catholic church takes the form of praying certain prayers a specified number of times, fasting, or spending time in front of an altar. Please understand that this is unbiblical. It is completely a Catholic church teaching.

Nowhere does Scripture teach that performing works or punishing oneself will make restitution for sin. The Bible does teach us to repent i Acts 11:18; Acts 20:21: Luke 15:7. To repent means to have a change of mind or a change in attitude toward God. Repentance of sin is accompanied by faith in Jesus Christ; they are inseparable and can not be added to.
Members of Christ’s new covenant of grace by faith and baptism, united to the mediator and having union with God and His saints!

Belong to God purchased at the price of the precious blood of Jesus

my grace is sufficient: 2 cor 12:9
Seek the kingdom: Matt 6:33
Abide in Christ / bear fruit Jn 15:4
Perpetual state of faith: Jn 3:16
Watch & Pray: Matt 26:41
Ask and receive: 7:8
Pray: Matt 6:6
Fasting: Matt 6:17
Alms: Matt 6:3
Practice of the virtues of Jesus
Christ: Matt 11:29
Narrow gate road lead to life Matt 7:14
Beatitudes: Matt 5:3-16
Christian suffering / Deny thyself, take up Thy cross: Matt 10:38 & 16:24 rom 8:18 2 thes 1:5
2 Tim 2:12 Phil 1:29
Frequenting the sacraments (promises) of grace: Heb 8:8
2 Timothy 1:1 Jn 20:21-23
Endure to the end: Mk 13:13 Matt 24:13

All united in Christ and Soaked in His blood, grace, the merits Christ won for us by His life, death, and resurrection!

God provides for everything:
John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

He is the way we must follow!
He is the truth we must believe!
He is the life, life of grace thru the sacraments of the church in which we must live!

Abide in Christ and His church with grace and life provided by God thru the sacraments!

Jesus Christ instituted the sacraments for the salvation of all men!

Sacramental life of the Christian church: I come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. Jn 10:10 Jn 1:16-17

Baptism: (initiation into the covenant)
Mk 16:16 Jn 3:5 acts 2:38-39 8:36
1 Corinthians 12:13 2 pet 1:11
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

The Eucharist: (holy communion)
Mt 26:26-39 Jn 6:51-58 1 Cor 11:23-25

Confession of sins:
Jn 20:23 / 1 Jn 1:9 / 2 cor 5:18

Confirmation
Lk 22:32 acts 8:14-17
acts 14:22

Marriage:
Matt 19:4-6

Holy orders: (priesthood)
Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru His priesthood in Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 10:1-8 Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13
Jn 20:21-22 acts 1:17 acts 6:4 acts 8:26
2 Cor 5:18 1 Tim 4:14 Eph 2:20

Extreme unction: (anointing with oil)
1 Tim 4:14 James 5:14

The ark of salvation: one, holy, catholic, (universal) and apostolic church founded by Jesus Christ on Peter and the apostles!

Members of Christ’s new covenant of grace by faith and baptism, united to the mediator and having union with God and His saints!

Belong to God purchased at the price of the precious blood of Jesus

my grace is sufficient: 2 cor 12:9
Seek the kingdom: Matt 6:33
Abide in Christ / bear fruit Jn 15:4
Perpetual state of faith: Jn 3:16
Watch & Pray: Matt 26:41
Ask and receive: 7:8
Pray: Matt 6:6
Fasting: Matt 6:17
Alms: Matt 6:3
Practice of the virtues of Jesus
Christ: Matt 11:29
Narrow gate road lead to life Matt 7:14
Beatitudes: Matt 5:3-16
Christian suffering / Deny thyself, take up Thy cross: Matt 10:38 & 16:24 rom 8:18 2 thes 1:5
2 Tim 2:12 Phil 1:29
Frequenting the sacraments (promises) of grace: Heb 8:8
2 Timothy 1:1 Jn 20:21-23
Endure to the end: Mk 13:13 Matt 24:13

All united in Christ and Soaked in His blood, grace, the merits Christ won for us by His life, death, and resurrection!

God provides for everything:
John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

He is the way we must follow!
He is the truth we must believe!
He is the life, life of grace thru the sacraments of the church in which we must live!

Abide in Christ and His church with grace and life provided by God thru the sacraments!

Jesus Christ instituted the sacraments for the salvation of all men!

Sacramental life of the Christian church: I come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. Jn 10:10 Jn 1:16-17

For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

The Eucharist: (holy communion)
Mt 26:26-39 Jn 6:51-58 1 Cor 11:23-25

Confession of sins:
Jn 20:23 / 1 Jn 1:9 / 2 cor 5:18

Confirmation
Lk 22:32 acts 8:14-17
acts 14:22

Marriage:
Matt 19:4-6

Holy orders: (priesthood)
Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru His priesthood in Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 10:1-8 Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13
Jn 20:21-22 acts 1:17 acts 6:4 acts 8:26
2 Cor 5:18 1 Tim 4:14 Eph 2:20

Extreme unction: (anointing with oil)
1 Tim 4:14 James 5:14

The ark of salvation: one, holy, catholic, (universal) and apostolic church founded by Jesus Christ on Peter and the apostles!
Baptism has nothing to do with salvation!

With all due respect, you are completely ignoring and changing the literal, actual words of the original Greek to make your point.

I totally understand that you MUST quote Catholic teachings given to you, however I only accept Bible Scriptures and what you have posted is all Catholic dogma.

Now, please understand....I am not trying to be a know-it-all and I am not trying to argue.

That being said, please allow me to teach you the Bible. In the Bible, in each instance, the specific Greek word for “brother” is used. Its normal, accepted and literal meaning is a physical brother. It does not mean or tanslate as "Cousin!"

Please understand that t
here is a Greek word for “cousin,” and it was not used!!!!

Further, if they were Jesus’ cousins, why would they so often be described as being with Mary, Jesus’ mother? There is nothing in the context of His mother and brothers coming to see Him that even hints that they were anyone other than His literal, blood-related, half-brothers.
So you don’t believe any of the 255 dogma’s?

Still does not make them the children of Mary!

Scripture says they are the children of another mary

Mk 15:40 There were also women looking on afar off: among whom was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James the less and of Joses, and Salome;

Matthew 27:56
Among which was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joses, and the mother of Zebedees children.

Acts 4:36
And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus,

(Cannot be Mary’s child, Mary was of the tribe of Judah and the royal house of David the king!) Lk 1:32-33

Is Mary the mother of James?
If you mean the Blessed Virgin Mary then no. Her sister-in-law, Mary of Clopas, was the wife of Alphaeus (St. Joseph's brother), and mother of Simon, Joseph, and the apostles Judas Thaddeus, and James (the Less, brother of the Lord): Jesus' cousins.

Lk 24:10 another mother of James not Mary the mother of Jesus Christ!

Mk 15:1 & Mk 15:47 mother of Joses not Mary the mother of Jesus Christ!

The Bible never says anyone is a biological child of Mary accept for Jesus Christ!

And the Bible says Her child is holy! And Her child is God!

Is 7:14 God provides a sign, a Virgin shall conceive and bear a son! (Singular, one son)

Ezekiel 44:2 “This gate shall remain shut; it shall not be opened, and no one shall enter by it; for the Lord, the God of Israel, has entered by it; therefore it shall remain shut.”

Song of Solomon 4:12 A garden inclosed is my sister, my spouse; a spring shut up, a fountain sealed.

(Mary had become the temple & dwelling place of the Almighty, like the Ark of the Covenant in the Old Testament. Mary was a vessel consecrated to God alone?)

Matt 1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

(The Bible says only the Holy Ghost conceived in Mary)

Matt 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.
(A son singular) (only Jesus is savior)

Lk 1:28 Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with thee!

Blessed art thou amongst all women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.
(The fruit of Her womb is blessed and holy)

Lk 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.
(A son, singular)

Lk 1:34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
(This verse imply’s a vow of perpetual virginity, She refuses even the exalted dignity of mother of God and mother of our savior if it means violating Her vow of perpetual virginity)

Lk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
(Her son is God)

Matt 1:25 He knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name Jesus.

2 Samuel 6:23 tells us: Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child UNTIL the day of her death.

Are we to assume that Michal had children after she died?

Until only states that they had no relation up to that point, the Bible does not say they had sex ever, before or after that point!

Lk 1:34 no sex ever!

How can a woman have billions of biological children?
Logic would indicate spiritual mother

And there is biblical precedent Rachel was the “spiritual mother” of the children of Israel

Matt 2:18 In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are not.
The woman is Israel!

“Did I conceive all this people? Did I give birth to them, that you should say to me, ‘Carry them in your bosom, as a nurse carries a sucking child,’ to the land that you promised on oath to their ancestors? Where am I to get meat to give to all this people? For they come weeping to me and say, ‘Give us meat to eat!’ I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me.” (Num. 11:12–14)

Moses reminds God that he is not the people’s mother. Instead, he implies, only God is the mother figure of Israel. Moses’ choice of maternal imagery is far from arbitrary. It is an astute response to the Israelites’ own infantile complaints. The Hebrew mi ya’achilenu basar, rendered above as “If only we had meat to eat,” literally translates as “Who will feed us meat?” The image evokes spoon-fed toddlers. The Israelites are in their spiritual infancy, and God and Moses disagree over who is obligated to be their caretaker. According to Moses, only God can fulfill the role of mother to these demanding children.

With all due respect, you are completely ignoring and changing the literal, actual words of the original Greek to make your point.

I totally understand that you MUST quote Catholic teachings given to you, however I only accept Bible Scriptures and what you have posted is all Catholic dogma.

Now, please understand....I am not trying to be a know-it-all and I am not trying to argue.

That being said, please allow me to teach you the Bible. In the Bible, in each instance, the specific Greek word for “brother” is used. Its normal, accepted and literal meaning is a physical brother. It does not mean or tanslate as "Cousin!"

Please understand that t
here is a Greek word for “cousin,” and it was not used!!!!

Further, if they were Jesus’ cousins, why would they so often be described as being with Mary, Jesus’ mother? There is nothing in the context of His mother and brothers coming to see Him that even hints that they were anyone other than His literal, blood-related, half-brothers.
Did Christ found a church endowed with his power and author bind all Christians to believe the truth he revealed? Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18

Mk 16:16 faith and baptism
Eph 4:5 faith and baptism
Acts 8:36 faith and baptism
(How did the eunuch know about baptism if Philip preached faith alone?)
Acts 22:16 wash away sin in baptism
1 pet 3:20/21 baptism saves

Thks
Mark 16:16
Does that Scripture teach that baptism is required for salvation? The short answer is, no, it does not. In order to make it teach that baptism is required for salvation, one must go beyond what the verse actually says. What this verse does teach is that belief is necessary for salvation.

Ephesians 4:5.
When we read the CONTEXT of the passage we see that Paul IS NOT speaking of water baptism at all but is focused on the baptism of the Holy Spirit after one comes to Christ.

Acts 8:36
This Scripture does not say or suggest anything about baptism being needed to be saved.
What is actualy says is....."And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?"

Everyone who accepts Christ should follow in baptism just as did the eunuch did.

Acts 22:16
You are only Concerned with the words, "be baptized, and wash away your sins," .
However, again when we actually read the whole contextual focus of the passage we learn that because Paul was already cleansed spiritually at the time Christ appeared to him, He accepted Christ and therefore these words refer to the symbolism of baptism. Baptism is a picture of God’s inner work of washing away sin

1 Peter 3:20-21
I think that you do not understand the Jewish economy. You see my friend. The people in the Old Test brought an offering to the Tabernacle or Temple as a token to God for saving them. Then The Old Testament Jew was saved before he brought the offering. That offering was only his outward testimony that he was placing faith in the Lamb of God of whom these sacrifices were a type....Water baptism is the outward testimony of the believer’s inward faith.

The point is.....the believer is baptized AFTER he is saved because he is saved by faith and baptism is an out testimony of an inward decision.

Pope is papa from the Italian for father as Isa 22:21-22 says
And Jesus who we both say is God said..."Call no man your heavenly father".

Actually, until about the year 400, a bishop was called "papa" for Father; this title was then restricted solely to addressing the Bishop of Rome, the successor of St. Peter, and in English was rendered "pope."

I know that you will agree that you as a Catholic refer to the Pope as the "Holy Father".

How can it when it says plainly: “not of yourselves”?

I get scripture is your only authority but other things are illustrative

But even decrees of councils, creeds and dogma have authority from christ in scripture

Thks
"Not of yourselves" .

With no disrespect to you, but the fact that I have to explain what that means says a lot about why you are asking such fundamental questions.

So then, The best and easiest explanation is that this refers to the whole plan and process of “salvation by grace through faith,” rather than any specific element of it—although, admittedly, the bottom line is hardly any different. Salvation-by-grace-through-faith is not from ourselves but is “a gift of God, not of works.” Once again, the nature of grace is reiterated. This whole plan and process of salvation comes from God as a gift, not from ourselves as the result of works or good things that we have done.

If the plan and process of salvation were from ourselves, based on our good works, then, when we achieved the necessary level of goodness to warrant salvation, we could boast. “I did it!” we might say, or, “I gave it my all and overcame tremendous obstacles, but I finally ascended to the highest levels of goodness and holiness, and God gave me what I deserved!” And we could look down on those who did not make it: “Those others failed because they lacked the fortitude, insight, and piety that I cultivated.” Boasting would abound. If the plan and process of salvation were based on human works, then we would elevate ourselves over other people and even in some sense over God Himself, because our salvation was our own doing, not His. Ephesians 2:8–9 says an emphatic NO.

And the grace to do penance is from Christ’s merits of his blood
The church does what Christ does
Christ and his church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32

1 Peter 4:8
And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.

We participate with Christ in the redemption of the world
No sir.

The redemption of the Lord Jesus Christ rest solely and completly in Christ and we have nothing to do with it whatsoever.

You have failed to explain how there is sin that is not unto death?

1 Jn 5:16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.
I have no failed as I was not asked. Now I will be glad to do so.

As I have explained to you already...."ALL sin = death" and in the Bible, death is seperation from God.

“What’s the sin that does not lead to death?” is any sin — any sin that we are still, by grace, able to authentically, humbly confess and repent from. That sin does not lead to death.

I don't know what you are referring to.

If they are "saved", they have their salvation.
I won't claim being "saved" until after the day of judgement.
Doing the beatitudes is the result of conversion and rebirth from God's seed.
Thanks be to God !
If you are saved why do you need mercy?

Baptism has nothing to do with salvation!
Why do you believe in scripture if you don’t believe what it says?

The woman is Israel!

“Did I conceive all this people? Did I give birth to them, that you should say to me, ‘Carry them in your bosom, as a nurse carries a sucking child,’ to the land that you promised on oath to their ancestors? Where am I to get meat to give to all this people? For they come weeping to me and say, ‘Give us meat to eat!’ I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me.” (Num. 11:12–14)

Moses reminds God that he is not the people’s mother. Instead, he implies, only God is the mother figure of Israel. Moses’ choice of maternal imagery is far from arbitrary. It is an astute response to the Israelites’ own infantile complaints. The Hebrew mi ya’achilenu basar, rendered above as “If only we had meat to eat,” literally translates as “Who will feed us meat?” The image evokes spoon-fed toddlers. The Israelites are in their spiritual infancy, and God and Moses disagree over who is obligated to be their caretaker. According to Moses, only God can fulfill the role of mother to these demanding children.
When did the children of Israel “EVER” keep the commandments much less have the testimony of Jesus Christ???

There only testimony to Christ was to reject, crucify and kill Him!

Thks

Does that Scripture teach that baptism is required for salvation? The short answer is, no, it does not. In order to make it teach that baptism is required for salvation, one must go beyond what the verse actually says. What this verse does teach is that belief is necessary for salvation.

When we read the CONTEXT of the passage we see that Paul IS NOT speaking of water baptism at all but is focused on the baptism of the Holy Spirit after one comes to Christ.

This Scripture does not say or suggest anything about baptism being needed to be saved.
What is actualy says is....."And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?"

Everyone who accepts Christ should follow in baptism just as did the eunuch did.

You are only Concerned with the words, "be baptized, and wash away your sins," .
However, again when we actually read the whole contextual focus of the passage we learn that because Paul was already cleansed spiritually at the time Christ appeared to him, He accepted Christ and therefore these words refer to the symbolism of baptism. Baptism is a picture of God’s inner work of washing away sin

I think that you do not understand the Jewish economy. You see my friend. The people in the Old Test brought an offering to the Tabernacle or Temple as a token to God for saving them. Then The Old Testament Jew was saved before he brought the offering. That offering was only his outward testimony that he was placing faith in the Lamb of God of whom these sacrifices were a type....Water baptism is the outward testimony of the believer’s inward faith.

The point is.....the believer is baptized AFTER he is saved because he is saved by faith and baptism is an out testimony of an inward decision.
Mk 16:16 same word as eph 2:8
“Saved”

Mk 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved…

Must mean saved as you said

Scripture cancels scripture?

Mk 16:16 2nd half deletes the first half?

Mark 16:16 The requirements for those who are being saved cannot be undone by the requirements for those not being saved! He who believes and is baptized is still required for salvation? Heaven and earth may pass away but my words shall not pass away!

It is Reasonable that if one rejects faith why bother mentioning the second requirement?

So don’t negate the word of God or the eternal words of Jesus by trying to delete one verse with another.

1 Corinthians 12:13

Scripture teaches faith and baptism!

Effects of faith & baptism!

Ez 36:25-27 washed in baptism, with a new heart and the Spirit
Matt 28:19 faith & baptism
Jn 3:5 born again in baptism
Mk 16:16 faith & baptist
Acts 2:38 repentance & baptism
Acts 8:36-38 faith & baptism
Acts 22:16 baptism washes away sin
Rom 6:3 died with Christ
Col 2:12 risen with Christ
1 cor 12:13 baptized into the church
Gal 3:27 by baptism put on Christ
2 Tim 1:10 eph 2:1 and 5 brought to life
2 cor 5:17 new creation
Eph 1:13 eph 4:30 sealed by the Holy Spirit
Eph 4:5 one faith, one baptism
Eph 5:26 faith and baptism
Titus 3:5 baptismal regeneration
1 pet 1:2 washed in Christ’s blood
1 pet 2:9 the kingdom of light
1 pet 3:20-21 baptism saves us!

Faith and baptism are required Mk 16:16 eph 4:5

Faith alone even all faith avails NOTHING! 1 cor 13:2

Not called to “faith alone” Phil 1:29

Or if you think scripture teaches faith alone please answer these questions

Faith alone” Questions

where does ez 36: 25:27 Say “faith alone”?

where does scripture says we have died with Christ by “faith alone”?

Where does it say we are sealed by faith alone?

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

where does scripture say we are members of Christ and his church by “faith alone”?

where does scripture says we put on Christ by “faith alone”?

Faith alone?

1 Timothy 1:14
And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.
(Sound like faith alone?)
(Why a great amount of grace, don’t we just each need a tiny bit?)

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Where does scripture say our sins are washed away by “faith alone”?

And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

where does scripture say we are saved or justified by “faith alone”?

1 pet 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!

The only reference in scripture to “faith alone” is James 2:24 NOT BY “FAITH ALONE”?

2 pet 1: 11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

How can you enter by your own if it must be ministered to you? Baptism is done unto you, “not do it yourself by faith alone”

Ministered by the apostolic church!

2 Corinthians 8:19
And not that only, but who was also chosen of the churches to travel with us with this grace, which is administered by us to the glory of the same Lord, and declaration of your ready mind:

Jn 3:5 born again by faith alone?

Where is “Accept Christ as your personal lord & savior” is found in scripture?

They did not go preaching this line but went immediately to the river and baptized Jn 3:22

And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Eph 4:5 one baptism

Why don’t it say one teeny tiny little act of “faith alone”???

When we first believed we are saved?

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

How can salvation be nearer than when we first believed if you’re saved by believing?

1 pet 1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

Matt 24:13 endures to the end Shall be saved.

How can salvation happen when we first believed if it’s the end?

If salvation is by “faith alone” then faith would be the greatest!
1 cor 13:13 charity is the greatest!

Even all faith much less “faith alone” without charity avails nothing!
1 cor 13:2

The early Catholic Church fathers say faith and baptism!

Eph 5:24 the church is subject to Christ and has always taught and practiced “baptismal regeneration” and never “faith alone” if anyone says we are justified by “faith alone” let them be anathema! (condemned)

Matt 28:19 disciples by faith and baptism
Not called to faith alone Phil 1:29

Three things faith, hope and charity!
Not faith alone! Greatest not faith, if salvation depended on faith alone faith would be the greatest! 1 cor 13:13

Phil 1:29 not only called to believe

Scripture does not support “faith alone”!

Thks

That makes baptism meaningless!

Then the Christian sacrament of baptism that washes away sin and makes us white as snow with the grace of justification is just a fantasy?

A

Not a mere symbol!

“Baptismal regeneration” is the initiation into the new covenant!

Christian baptism is an outward sign of the inward action of grace, or merits of Christ’s passion blood and death applied to our souls!

We cannot see the inward action of grace purifying the soul, so God gave us the outward “sign” of water washing the body to indicate the inward action of grace and connected the two in one action, the water manifests the power of the spirit!

Acts 1:8
Witness of Augustine!

It is this one Spirit who makes it possible for an infant to be regenerated . . . when that INFANT is brought to baptism; and it is through this one Spirit that the infant so presented is reborn. For it is not written, "Unless a man be born again by the will of his parents" or "by the faith of those presenting him or ministering to him," but, "Unless a man be born again of water and the Holy Spirit." The water, therefore, manifesting exteriorly the sacrament of grace, and the Spirit effecting interiorly the benefit of grace, both regenerate in one Christ that man who was generated in Adam (Letters 98:2 [A.D. 408]).

“The sacrament of baptism is most assuredly the sacrament of regeneration” (ibid., 2:27:43).

“Baptism washes away all, absolutely all, our sins, whether of deed, word, or thought, whether sins original or added, whether knowingly or unknowingly contracted” (Against Two Letters of the Pelagians 3:3:5 [A.D. 420]).

“This is the meaning of the great sacrament of baptism, which is celebrated among us: all who attain to this grace die thereby to sin—as he himself [Jesus] is said to have died to sin because he died in the flesh (that is, ‘in the likeness of sin’)—and they are thereby alive by being reborn in the baptismal font, just as he rose again from the sepulcher. This is the case no matter what the age of the body. For whether it be a newborn infant or a decrepit old man—since no one should be barred from baptism—just so, there is no one who does not die to sin in baptism. Infants die to original sin only; adults, to all those sins which they have added, through their evil living, to the burden they brought with them at birth” (Handbook on Faith, Hope, and Love 13[41] [A.D. 421]).

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back